• Published 7th Apr 2019
  • 1,582 Views, 39 Comments

Shadow Rising - Shadow Hound



What happens when a visitor from the north of Equestria comes for a visit. A event that will change the Kingdom forever. Secrets get exposed, dimensions get crossed And the sun may never rise again. Find out in this adventure story.

  • ...
4
 39
 1,582

Chapter 18: The Darkness in the Night

In the Canterlot kitchen, the Luna fan club prepared to enact the next part of Nightmare’s plan. Most pots and pans were left untouched while the group moved around and monitored the dance floor, except for one lone pot on the stove. The pot contained a strange liquid that glowed a bright purple.

Master Argon walked over to the pot and looked inside. “The potion looks ready,” he said with a grim tone.

Master Argon gave a vial to Brother Mercury. Master Argon ordered, “Come on. Let us get this part over with.”

Brother Mercury held out the empty vial while Master Argon dipped a spoon into the potion.

Master Argon held his breath as he poured the liquid into a small vial. The vial glowed, lighting up the two stallions’ faces. Master argon put a cork into the vial and then sighed in relief.

Brother Mercury asked, “What is the point of bottling the stuff?”

Argon held the vial, stared at it, and replied, “Nightmare wants us to put this into Flurry Hearts drink. Nopony else should suffer.”

Brother Mercury said, “What exactly does that stuff do?” To which Master Argon shrugged.

Master Argon replied, “She never told us but did warn us against getting near the flower we used to make it. And I don’t want anypony to get hurt.” Master Argon stashed the vial into his coat pocket.

Brother Mercury asked, “And what about the filly?”

Master Argon reflects softly, “What about us if we fail?”

Brother Mercury responded, “Nightmare needs us for her plan to work, and she will not be happy if we all leave.”

Sister Neon looked outside a small window on the door that separated the ballroom and the kitchen. Through it, she could see the crowds of ponies dancing to the melody of Octavia. Sister Neon smiled when she saw Applejack and Shadow dancing.

Master Argon thought for a few seconds. It was hard for him to believe that this all started with an innocent club to celebrate Princess Luna. And now Nightmare was forcing them to do something against one of the princesses. Master Argon decided that Brother Mercury was right. Nightmare would not be happy if they all left. However, maybe her plan didn’t need everypony to continue. After all, there was no point in everypony getting their hooves dirty.

Argon sighed and smacked his lips. He paused for a second. “I don’t want to force anyone into doing this.” He bit his lip and said, “We could get in a lot of trouble. Nightmare has ordered us to give something to Flurry Heart that could hurt her. I will not be mad if anypony wants to turn back now.”

The lights started to flicker. Neon looked up, “She is here!” She said with a smile across her face as she spun in circles in the middle of the room like a dancer in a music box.

A small dark cloud appeared in the center of the room. The cloud expanded into the shape of Nightmare’s face with glowing cyan orbs for eyes.

“Hello, my little ponies.” Nightmare grinned gleefully. “It is nearly time, and it appears my plan is going off without a problem.” She sneered, “Almost too well.”

Sister Neon replied, “Anything for my queen.”

Nightmare cloud spun in circles around the ceiling and looked at the ponies. Nightmare sang harmoniously, “This night is going to be perfect, like any dream I have been thinking of.”

“Everypony will gather around?” Brother Mercury sang.

“And say that you look lovely in your crown?” Sister Neon asked.

Nightmare laughed. “Not yet, my subjects. But soon.”

Root Rot and Lillium ran through double doors and into the kitchen. Root Rot said, “We did what you asked us to.” She chuckled. “That wagon axle will break the second it starts moving. Those stupid dogs will not know what happened.”

Nightmare screamed, “Excellent! It is time for the next step in my plan.” She turned to the group of ponies, “Do you remember what to do with the poison?” Removing the Princess of Love is the most crucial part of my plan. Once the Princess of Love is distracted by her child’s sickness, we can access the Crystal Empire.”

Argon asked, “Why go through all this trouble? If you need to stop the princess, why not poison the princess?”

Nightmare explained, “Alicorns are the superior race, and I will not waste the life of an Alicorn.” She sighed, “There are also too few Alicorns left, which means I would be wasting another body I may need in the future.”

Nightmare looked out a window at the moon. Nightmare said, “On the other hoof, an Alicorn Childs’s magic is too unstable to be useful to me. So her sacrifice would be made for the greater good.” Nightmare pat Master Argon on the head, “What else should I do?”

Argon waved his hooves around, “I don’t know. Why don’t you travel far away from Equestria? Someplace safe with no sun?”

Nightmare said, “Equestria is my birthright. I deserve to be the queen of Equestria, not those two foals, Celestia and Luna.”

Argon scoffed, “Why do you care?”

Nightmare said, “It is quite simple, my loyal subjects.”

Nightmare giggled and then started to sing. Argon looked in horror as Nightmare broke out into song. The rhythmic sound of drums came from nowhere but was setting a beat.

I have been exiled and persecuted.

Locked away with no defense.

When I think of what happened.

I get a little tense.

But I dream a dream so Chilly.

Of a kingdom I will dininfest.

The princesses are far to silly.

Their rule I will protest.

The sound of Celestia’s dying gasp.

The sound of Luna squealing in my grasp.

Hearing Twilight’s mournful cries.

Then the Shadows will rise!

My brother I have tried forgiving.

It has been centuries with him gone.

Trouble is, I would be lying.

If I said that I have moved on.

I found a brand new body to chase Twilight up a tree.

The days will not be sunny, but that kind of works for me.

The melody of angry growls

A counterpoint of painful howls.

A symphony of death, oh my!

Then the Shadows will rise!”

Nightmare hovered near a window in the kitchen door. Nightmare pressed her face against the glass. Fog covered the windows as she scoffed at the sight of the ponies dancing in the ballroom. Nightmare used a tentacle made of cloud to grab Argon, and she smashed his face against the window.

Nightmare said in a low voice, “Look at those pathetic ponies dancing. They have no idea what I am going to do to them. That filth has no right to have fun and party. I will take everything from them. These ponies need to learn their place in the world.” Nightmare spat when she talked,“They should serve the alicorns. After tonight the right pony will be in charge.”

Neon replied, “Luna?”

“No, you goof.” Nightmare smiled. “Me.”

Nightmare turned back into a cloud. The cloud flowed through the kitchen like water through an invisible river. It weaved through the air and around the ponies. The cloud pooled in the middle of the kitchen, and a face formed that looked at the group. Nightmare said, “I will get into place for the next part of my plan. Is everypony ready?”

Root Rot saluted, “Most definitely.”

Argon replied, “No.”

Everypony in the kitchen turned to face Argon. Somepony in the back dropped a soup pan, which landed with a thud that echoed through the kitchen. He sighed when he realized he was the only pony standing up to the mist of shadow in front of him. Argon looked at brother Mercury. Brother Mercury stared down at the ground.

Nightmare growled, “What did you say?”

Argon stated, “I started this club to appreciate Luna. I will not let you hurt the princesses.”

Nightmare stated, “You will not spoil my revenge. I have been waiting for my revenge for far too long.”

Argon yelled. “It is beyond treasonous to give poison to a Flurry Heart.” He looked back and forth at the club he had formed just a few years ago. “This mare is not Luna. So why are you all following her?”

Brother Mercury asked, “Don’t you remember how much Celestia hurt Golden Oak?” he reminded, “Golden Oaks Library was her life. And Celestia kicked her out of it and gave the Library to Twilight Sparkle.”

Argon replied, “This has gone far enough. Yes, I am mad, but why would I want to hurt Celestia and Luna?”

Neon looked at Argon as if he was a stranger. “You would betray the true Princess of the Night?”

Argon looked back and forth for a friendly face and failed. He realized that nopony was going to support him. Brother Mercury was looking at the ground and didn’t make eye contact.

Nightmare scolded, “How dare you. Nobody betrays me.”

Argon pleaded, “Betray might be too strong of a word here. I can’t entirely agree to help you with your plan because it will hurt a child. There has to be a better way for you to gain power without hurting Flurry Heart.”

Nightmare stared into his eyes. “I may not have my full power, but I can still hurt you.”

Argon winced as his side started to burn. He looked at his cutie mark to discover the dark cloud under his cutie mark was glowing red.

Argon pleaded, “Sorry. I will not question you again.”

A mare entered the kitchen. “Oh my gosh. What does a mare need to do to get served?”

Nightmare gave an evil glance to the mare. Nightmare’s teeth grew sharp and turned to fangs.

The mare stuttered, “Who... Who are you? What are you?”

Nightmare dashed toward the mare. The mare turned in futility around and started to gallop toward the door. Nightmare Cloud slammed the door shut just as the mare began to open it. The mare coughed as the smoke entered her lungs. Nightmare Cloud wrapped around the mare’s body.

Nightmare looked at Argon, “Looks like we have someon that should be dealt with.” Nightmare smiled, “Let her fate serve as a warning to anypony else who questions me.”

The kitchen ponies looked horrified and shocked at her. Nopony spoke.

The filly pleaded, “Please don’t hurt me. Like, I totally promise I am never going to tell anypony.” A tear ran down her face, “I pinkie promise.”

Nightmare cloud put her muzzle near the fillies ear and cooed. “Don’t be scared. You should be happy that you are helping me with my demonstration. By being an example, you are serving a better purpose than your existence used to allow.”

The filly squeed, “Please don’t hurt me.”

Argon broke the silence. “This is enough. You have made your point.”

Nightmare sneered, “Nopony tells me what to do. I will put you in your place.”

Nightmare turned into a cloud and flowed like water into the fillies mouth. The group gasped as they watched the mare’s eyes roll into the back of her head. After the cloud had disappeared, the pony collapsed onto the ground with her mouth open. She started drooling, and her body started twitching.

A few minutes later, Nightmare flowed back out of her body. Nightmare Cloud reformed next to Argon. The mare’s body still twitched on the ground. The mare looked like she wanted to scream but couldn’t. Her mouth was open, and she lay gagging and gasping for air. Her eyes were wide with horror.

Nightmare Cloud gasped for air and coughed. She looked at Argon. “Do you need another demonstration?”

Master Argon shut his eyes and looked away from the filly, “Why did you do that?”

Nightmare looked Argon in the eyes and said. “Fail me, and you will be next. Do what I say, and then you will avoid further examples of my power.”

Neon walked over and gently tapped the filly, “Is she dead?”

Nightmare shrugged, “Not yet,” Nightmare snickered, “For now, I trapped her in a nightmare.”

Argon looked at the mare and gulped.

Nightmare cloud kicked the mare’s body and said, “Get this out of here before you get caught. And can someone serve the guest? I don’t need to have any more guests enter the kitchen and ruin my plan.”

Argon said, “Yes, my queen.”

Nightmare rubbed Argon’s chin. “Good job, my little pony.”

Nightmare Cloud turned to smoke and flowed into the ceiling, disappearing from view.

Argon looked at the mare’s face as two ponies picked her up and trotted to the storage room. He shut his eyes and sighed, “What have I done?”


General Seaspray walked through the crowds of the guest at the Gala while he searched for his queen. He eventually noticed Queen Novo waving casually at him. He nearly knocked two dancing ponies over, trying to get to his queen faster.

General Seaspray walked up to the table gruffly and grunted worriedly. Angrily he sat down at the table next to Queen Novo.

Novo asked, “Where have you been?”

Seaspray coughed and wiped away a dark cloud that started to come from out of his mouth.

General Seaspray answered, “Checking the perimeter for vermin such as that dirty Lycan filth that stole from me earlier.”

Novo ordered sternly, “Calm down!” She cleared her throat and spoke softly, “I spoke with Shadow, and I have taken care of everything. He feels bad about threatening you and even offered to pay us two pearls when he returns to his supplier.”

General Seaspray slammed his claw on the table. “You don’t understand or care. Every creature is in danger. That mutt doesn’t take anything seriously, and his foolishness will hurt you and every creature around him.”

Novo chucked, “The boy is harmless. I have seen worse than him. Don’t you remember the Storm King?”

Seaspray replied, “The Storm King is nothing compared to that mutt.”

Novo laughed, “He has the potential to do good. His father is far more dangerous than he will ever be.”

Seaspray urged, “I have seen the truth. I need to stop him!”

Novo replied, “You will do no such thing. I order you to calm down, or I will have the guards remove you.”

Seaspray said, “But my queen.”

Novo moved in closer to him and growled. “If you start a war between the hippogriffs and the Lycans, the Hippogryph Kingdom will suffer, and thousands will die because of your foolishness.”

Seaspray replied, “We have a big enough army. We can fight them.”

Queen Novo responded, “But at what cost? How many of our troops would die in that fight?”

General Seaspray responded, “I expect some loss, and some loss is acceptable.”

Queen Novo said, “I lost my husband and father in the war with the Storm King.” Queen Novo scolded the general, “Don’t you dare tell me that the loss of any life is acceptable.”

Seaspray argued, “Some filth can only understand a sword in the chest. If we act now, we can teach those dogs a lesson.”

Queen Novo scoffed, “We shouldn’t start wars with any nation. Not when there are other options that we can explore.”

Queen Novo explained, “The Lycans are good at winning wars and selling metal. We can’t win a war against the Lycan Empire. And the Lycans are the only suppliers of metal in this region. If the war doesn’t destroy us, the lack of metal will.”

Seaspray replied, “I will not let that filth hurt any creature here.” Seaspray wiped his eyes again. “He will pay for insulting me.”

Novo said, “I have never seen you hold a grudge like this. You are not acting like yourself. Do I need to send you home?”

Seaspray snapped back, “No, I am fine. I am just worried about you. The Gala is the first event we have attended since the Storm King’s defeat.”

Novo chuckled, “Shadow admitted to me that he shouldn’t have lost his temper at you, but he needed to help his pack. He was desperate to help his pack, and I know what it feels like to be that desperate.” Queen Novo sighed, “Don’t forget Shadow sold us the pearl. Without that pearl, we wouldn’t be here to enjoy this event.”

General Seaspray whipped the sweat from his face. “I will do my best, but if that mutt touches any princesses, I will stop him.”

Queen Novo smiled, “Get yourself a drink and enjoy yourself. Nothing bad is going to happen tonight at the Gala. Every creature is safe.”


Shadow trotted back into the castle ballroom. It didn’t take long for him to see Twilight sitting at a table with her friends. Shadow cantered up next to Applejack at the table. They were seated at a table talking to a draconequus. Shadow cleared his throat. When nobody noticed, he said as calmly as he could, “Hi!” His ears folded back as he got annoyed by them not seeing him. Quietly he slipped into a chair next to Applejack and sat at the table. Shadow slammed his head on the table and looked up at everypony. His eyes got wide when he realized that nopony noticed him.

Quietly he stuck his tongue up at what he thought was an appetizer and tried to eat it. Only to spit flower peddles out onto the table.

Shadow replied, “Blahhhh, that tastes nasty.”

Applejack rolled her eyes, “That is the decoration.”

Shadow looked up at her, “Who is this?”

Applejack whispered, “This is Discord.”

Shadow pouted, “Ok. Hi Discord.”

Fluttershy looked at Discord, “Come on, Discord, we all want you at the Gala.”

Discord replied glumly with an obvious pouting expression, “Well, I don’t feel welcome.”

Fluttershy looked confused, “Why not?”

Discord said, “Because nopony invited the Smooze.”

Fluttershy said, “That is awful. Who would not invite The Smooze?”

Discord scoffed, “I most certainly didn’t.”

Fluttershy said, “What?”

Discord replied, “Don’t you remember what he did last time? It would be silly to invite him.”

Fluttershy smiled, “Ok? Whatever you think is best.”

Discord replied, “It is not about what I find best. I need to create the right amount of chaos.”

Fluttershy looked puzzled, “So The Smooze is not the right amount of chaos?”

Discord replied, “It was last year, but I will be predictable if I do the same thing this year.”

Shadow raised his eyebrow and lifted his head off the table, “Ok?”

Discord tapped his claw. “And Chaos should never be predictable.”

Fluttershy pat Discord on the back, “Don’t worry, Discord, I am sure you will find a way to be chaotic without being predictable.”

Discord snapped his fingers to make a tissue appear. Discord blew his nose. “Thanks, Fluttershy. You are a good friend.”

Discord dropped the tissue and sniffed the air.

Fluttershy asked with concern, “Is everything ok, Discord?”

Discord sniffed the air. “Does anyone else smell that?”

Twilight tilted her head, “Smell what?”

Discord sniffed the air and winked at Shadow. Shadow grew concerned, and his hair stood up.

Discord rubbed his chin, “Something is not what it seems.”

Shadow’s ear twitched. He looked up and said, “What do you mean?”

Shadow innocently whistled. His eyes darted back and forth as he calculated his options and the threat level. Does Discord know? Will he tell Twilight that he is a Lycan disguised as a pony?

Shadow looked around the ballroom. Two guards were by the window, so he would have to fight them to escape. There are most likely lots of guards guarding the entrance of the castle. Shadow looked up and realized that a window at the top was left open. The window was the best option to avoid a big fight and keep Applejack safe. Shadow decided it would be best not to disturb every creature at the Gala so he could prevent apologizing to them later.

Twilight took a sip of water from her glass. Twilight asked, “What are you saying, Discord?”

Discord turned into a fish and jumped into Twilight’s drink. He sat in her drink with his fins resting on the rim of her glass. He said, “Something is fishy, but I can’t place a claw on it.”

Discord then swam down into Twilight’s drink and disappeared.

Shadow replied, “That was awkward.”

Applejack replied, “That is not the strangest thing he has done.”

Twilight responded. “Hi, Shadow. When did you get here?”

Shadow groaned, “A few minutes ago.”

Twilight turned to her friends. “Can I speak to Shadow?”

Pinkie Pie replied, “Yup.”

The crowd of friends replied in unison, “Of course.”

The ponies sat at the table and smiled, looking at each other quietly.

It was Twilight’s turn to groan, “I mean alone.”

Rarity said, “Oh.”

AJ smiled, waved her friends to move, and said, “Sure sugarcube.” She motioned to her friends, “Let’s get some drinks.”

Shadow said, “This is an interesting party.”

Twilight responded, “You must party a lot in Las Pegasus.”

Shadow said, “I wouldn’t know. My father doesn’t want me to go to parties.”

Pinkie Pie popped out of a nearby planter. The plant was resting on her head, “What?”

Shadow jumped. He started to pull a dagger out of his jacket before he realized it was Pinkie. “Seriously! Where did she come from?”

Twilight laughed and said, “Just go with it. If you try to apply logic to Pinkie Pie, it will drive you crazy. I would know.”

Rarity yelled across the ballroom, “Pinkie, you got dirt on my dress. Whatever shall I do?!!”

Shadow laughed, “Too late. I can feel my sanity slipping.”

Twilight laughed, “I hope this is fun for your first Gala.”

Shadow looked at Rarity to see her lying on a couch, “It is ok.”

Twilight asked, “What is it with you and saying everything is ok?”

Shadow explained, “It is complicated.” Shadow sighed, “I have nothing to compare to the Gala. Others appear to be having fun, and I don’t want to leave.”

Twilight said, “I know a pony that would feel the same way. Her name was Tempest. She had a rough childhood. As a result, she grew up around creatures, very evil creatures at that, that wanted war and destruction. She is here at the Gala if you want to speak to her. You two might become good friends.”

Shadow replied, “I don’t have time for friends.”

Shadow was not lying. In the Lycan Kingdom, the concept of friendship didn’t exist. Instead, it was about your pack. They saw each other like brothers and sisters.

Twilight said, “It must be lonely?”

Shadow asked, “But how does that help me? What should I say about the Gala?”

Twilight smiled, “You could say that it is wonderful, that this is the best party you have ever attended. You could say that you are so happy.”

Shadow frowned. “Sorry, I don’t lie.” Then he realized the irony in that statement because he was hiding the fact that he was a lycan from every creature around him.

Shadow continued, “Besides, I am not used to parties.”

Twilight replied, “Maybe Pinkie Pie can throw you a massive birthday party. Then you can get lots of experience with friends and parties.”

Pinkie Pie popped out of the planter and said, “I would love to. What is the date?”

Shadow frowned, “I forgot.”

Pinkie Pie screamed, “What?!!” Then she asked, “How do you forget your birthday?”

Shadow said, “I don’t celebrate my birthday. To me, it is just another day of the week.”

Twilight replied, “That is so sad. Birthdays are to be special.”

Shadow thought about how to answer. After a few seconds, he said, “My father wants me to follow in the family business, and parties are not part of that.”

Twilight frowned. Before she could say something, the lights dimmed.

Twilight smiled and looked up at Shadow and said, “How exciting! The princess is about to speak. Let’s get closer so we can hear them.”

Shadow said, “Sure, if it was ok talking with you.”

Twilight responded with a wink and replied, “It was fun talking with you.”

Shadow tilted his head, “I guess it was fun… Talking with you.”

Twilight smiled, “Thanks.”

Twilight’s ears folded back. “I am sorry.”

Shadow said, “What for?”

Twilight replied, “Do you promise not to get mad?”

Shadow said, “It depends on what it is.”

Twilight said, “I feel bad. At first, I thought you were evil. As the princess of friendship, I should have given you a fair chance.”

Shadow replied, “It is ok. Where I am from, you can’t trust many creatures. And when you sleep, you have to leave one eye open.”

Twilight said, “That must be harsh.”

Shadow replied, “I must admit, I didn’t make it easy on you. I am not good at apologies, but I will say that I will try to hold my temper in the future.”

Twilight smiled, “Thanks.”


Discord hid inside a statue. Its eyes moved and followed Shadow as they walked to the main stage with Twilight.

Discord thought to himself. What does the little Lycan want with Twilight? Discord clenched his teeth. “How dare he not invite me to the fun.”

Cronos trotted up to the statue. He spoke softly, almost in a whisper. “The fish in the cup thing was a funny joke.”

After a flash of light Discord was standing in front of Chronos. Discord asked with glee. “You really think so?”

Cronos smiled, “Oh, I think the joke was wonderful. I have a better joke that you can do, but I don’t know if you are interested.”

Discord stroked his goatee, “I am very interested.”

Cronos rolled his eyes. “Ok, but to make this joke, you must do something for me and follow my instructions.” Cronos gave Discord a piece of paper.

Discord snapped his fingers, and a monocle appeared. Discord looked at the page and read it.

Cronos asked, “Are you interested? Or should I find someone with more skill to do this prank?”

Discord asked, “Is Fluttershy really in this much danger?”

Chronos replied, “If you follow my instructions, no harm will come to Fluttershy.”

Discord snapped his eagle claw, and his lion’s paw turned into a human hand with fingers. Discord spat into the hand and presented it to Chronos, and Chronos stuck out his hoove, and they shook.


Master Argon looked into a trash can of wasted food and bottled it up. He quickly threw the empty pot from earlier into the bag, wrapped it up, and carried it through the kitchen.

Brother Mercury tried to stop him by blocking his way to the back door.

Master Argon responded, “You don’t need to worry. I am just taking the trash out.”

Brother Mercury asked, “What are you doing with the pot?”

Master Argon replied, “I am getting rid of the evidence. The pot has served its purpose, so we should toss it and get rid of the evidence.”

Brother Mercury stepped aside and said, “Ok, but be quick. We shouldn’t anger Nightmare. You know what she can do.”

Master Argon trotted through a long hallway and out a door. Through the door, he saw a dumpster sitting in the corner. The old dumpster had two covers, one on the left and one on the right. Master Argon used his magic to open both covers and threw the bag into a dumpster.

“I know what you are up to.” A voice said.

Master Argon jumped, “I am just taking the trash out.”

The same voice said, “My name is Minuto.”

Master Argon looked up to see a cloaked figure sitting on the roof.

Minato jumped off the roof and landed on the dumpster closing one of the covers. She tore open the bag and kicked the pot out of the dumpster. The pot clanged as it hit the cement. “Trying to hide the evidence?” Minato asked.

Master Argon replied, “You don’t know anything.”

Minuto smiled, “I know that Nightmare is back, and she has an awful plan.”

Master Argon asked, “How do you know she is back?”

Minuto replied, “The sands of old told me.”

Master Argon sneered, “That makes no sense.”

Minuto replied, “My teacher saw Nightmare at one of your club meetings.”

Master Argon replied, “That makes more sense.”

Minuto said, “By now, you know how dangerous Nightmare is and that somepony needs to stop her.”

Master Argon said, “Thank Celestia. We need a powerful Alicorn to stop Nightmare.”

Minuto dropped her hood. “I am not an alicorn, I am a unicorn.”

Master Argon threw his hooves into the air, “Just great! How is a unicorn going to stop Nightmare?”

Minuto replied, “Twilight was a unicorn when she stopped Nightmare the first time.” Minuto smiled. “And my teacher has a plan, but we need help.”

“I am not the stallion to help you.” Master Argon stated.

Minuto said, “I need you to help me.”

Master Argon said, “I can’t help you.”

Minuto replied, “For the good of Equestria, you must.”

Master Argon demanded, “Do you know what Nightmare will do to me if I betray her?” Master Argon stomped his hoof, “I have to help Nightmare. Or I am putting all my friends in the club in danger.”

Minuto replied, “You have heard what she thinks of non-alicorns. And I know you have seen it first, hoof. What will she do with you and your club once you are no longer useful to her?”

Master Argon fell to the ground, “I will do anything you tell me. Nightmare is insane.” Master Argon held up the vial, “She wants me to give this to Flurry Heart.”

Minuto took the vial and put it in the pocket of her cloak. “I understand.” Minuto took a different vial from her cloak and said, “Give this to her instead.”

Master Argon replied, “What is this?”

Minuto smiled, “It is something special. You need to make sure that Flurry Heart drinks it.”

Master Argon sighed, “Can we not give the foal any strange liquids, please?”

Minuto explained, “Nightmare needs to think you did what she ordered. If you don’t, then she will punish you. And I am sure you know what that means.”

Master Argon winced, “I do, but how is this different?”

Minuto smiled, “I have the real poison. What you are giving her is going to be some harmless sugarwater.”

Master Agron asked, “How long do you expect this to fool Nightmare? And what will you do with the real poison?”

Minuto replied, “Just do as I ask, and everything will work out how it needs to.”

Author's Note:

The first section of this chapter takes place at about the same time as the dance from the other chapter. But now we get to find out more about the Club and Chronos. Anything after the first part takes place after the last chapter.

I hope everypony is having a great day and enjoys the story.