• Published 8th Apr 2019
  • 1,350 Views, 81 Comments

Dash's Little Big Problem - pandaxxus



Rainbow Dash and Big Mac have been together for five years. The relationship is going strong, and the two decided to even take the next big step and move in together. However, a familiar face shows up and tests their relationship. What will happen?

  • ...
5
 81
 1,350

Relief

Sugar Belle paced around her room with a frown etched on her face. Everything that she had worked and dreamed for was gone just because of one person. It wasn’t in Sugar Belle to hate, but she was just extremely disappointed.

She was upset that Rainbow Dash was Mac’s new girlfriend, and it seems like the two have been together for a long time. Belle had dated Mac in the past and she remembers the pure bliss and happiness that spread throughout her body every time she held his hand and spent time with him.

They had known each other all throughout elementary school, and at the end of middle school, Sugar Belle confessed to Mac. At first, she was afraid that confessing would ruin the tight bond they shared, and their friendship would go up in flames. However, when she met with him that night and told her how she felt, she was surprised when Mac revealed that he felt the same way!

Since then, the two did everything together as a couple, all the way up into their high school years. Sugar Belle had never been so in love and she felt that Big Macintosh was the one for her. This is why she was heartbroken when her family announced that they would be moving. She tried to find ways to stay in Canterlot, but she didn’t have family close by.

When she broke the news to Mac, he looked at her with sad eyes and told her that everything would be alright.

“If we are meant to be together, then we’ll find a way to reunite once again,” he told her. Mac went on to say that he would wait for her and that things will be alright.

Sugar Belle didn’t think she could handle the pain of a long distance relationship, and the two decided to break up until they would see each other again, It wasn’t long until Belle realized that she had lost Mac’s phone number, and all contact was lost with him.

After a few years, Sugar Belle finally graduated high school and found a college in Canterlot, ready to find Mac. She found a small apartment and lived there for a while, but found herself too afraid to drive to Sweet Apple Acres. She was astonished when she saw that Mac had moved into the same building as her, but she was even more heartbroken when she saw that he had a new girlfriend, Rainbow Dash.

Belle knew exactly who she was since she was friends with Mac’s younger sister, and Rainbow had been known to save the school countless times. She felt her heart burn in fury as she watched Rainbow talk with him. Mac looked at her with so much love and affection in his eyes.

What happened to his promise to wait for her? Did she mean nothing to him?

Ever since she saw the two, Sugar Belle had been determined to get Big Macintosh back. She didn’t know what was wrong with her. Normally, she was extremely kind and shy. Why would she want to ruin a perfectly good relationship?

She really didn’t want to. She hadn’t even done anything yet, and she felt guilty. However, she was desperate to restore her relationship with Big Mac. She couldn’t imagine her life without him! Mac said that if they were meant to be together, they would find each other again in the end, and Sugar Belle was going to prove it.

A smile crept across her face and she went outside, planning to pop up into Mac and Rainbow’s apartment yet again. However, she heard a familiar deep voice coming in from down the hall and she quickly scampered back into her own apartment. It was Mac and Rainbow coming back home.

“Why did you want to pick me up from Pinkie’s place? I could have found a way home.” Rainbow’s raspy voice echoed through the hall.

The sound of keys jingling soon replaced it, and Sugar Belle listened to Mac reply with:

“Ah wanted to talk to you,”

The voices faded away, signaling that the two had gone inside. A slight glimmer of hope sparked in Sugar Belle’s chest. “I want to talk” is never a good sign in a relationship. Was it possible that Mac had fallen back in love with her so quickly?

Again, Sugar Belle stepped out of the apartment and walked over to Mac’s front door. Luckily, the two were speaking in the living room, and Belle could hear practically every word.

“What do you mean, ‘I’m acting weird’,?” Rainbow asked.

“Ya haven’t been yourself darlin, an’ Ah’m worried that somethin’ is botherin’ ya.” Mac replied softly.

“Nothing is bothering me, Mac. Can I go now?”

“No, Dash. We need to talk. This can’t keep goin’ on.” Mac said sternly.

Sugar Belle heard a sigh come from Rainbow.

“Okay, maybe I’m a little worried about something…”

“What’s that?”

“It’s you and Sugar Belle. Don’t get me wrong, I trust you one hundred percent! I know you wouldn’t do anything to hurt me, it's just I know the past that you two had and she really seems to like you...I just thought that it could be possible-” Rainbow was speaking when she got cut off by Mac.

“That’s what you’re worried about? Darlin’, come here,” Mac called, “Ah’m sorry if I made you feel worse about things. Yes, me and Sugar Belle have dated before and Ah really thought she was the one back then. That’s why Ah promised her that we’d meet again one day. That was before Ah met you, Dash. You complete me, an’ Ah don’t want to let that go,”

“But, Ah know Sugar Belle. She wouldn’t try to ruin anything we have. Ah trust her.”

That last sentence made Sugar Belle’s heart swell. Sure, most of what Mac said crushed her. It seemed like Big Macintosh truly never plans to let Rainbow go, but he trusts her, which is the most important part of a relationship. From what she was hearing, Rainbow had been doubting how much she could trust Mac.

Maybe that was her weakness! Sugar Belle gave a small smile, knowing that she might have a chance to claim Mac as her own once again.

“I’m glad we talked this out, Mac…” Belle heard Rainbow say. She then heard a gasp come from Rainbow.

“You know how I’ve been trying to make the Wonderbolts’ team?” she asked excitedly. Mac must have nodded because Sugar Belle didn’t hear a response.

The Wonderbolts? Was she talking about that soccer team?

“Well...apparently the letters get sent out this week! I’m gonna find out if I made it in or not!” Rainbow explained.

“Ah’m sure you made it, darlin’. You’re the best player Ah know,” Mac responded sweetly.

Another smile spread onto Sugar Belle’s face as a plan began forming. She knew how to get Big Macintosh back, but first, she had a call to make.

Sugar Belle practically flew back to her apartment and quickly grabbed her phone. Dialing a number, Sugar Belle put the phone to her ear and waited for someone to answer. When she heard a voice, she bounced in happiness.

“Hey, Feather Bangs? I need you to do me a favor…”


Rainbow felt pretty good about herself. She had talked things out with Big Macintosh the day before, and they even had a deeper conversation before they went to bed. Rainbow had full trust in Big Macintosh, but she couldn’t tell him that she didn’t trust Sugar Belle either.

Rainbow knew full well how Sugar Belle must have felt. The love of her life was seen with another woman, which must hurt. Rainbow would be crushed if this happened to her, and she hopes that one day it wouldn’t.

Rainbow didn’t know Sugar Belle that well, but would she ever go as far as to try and get Big Mac back? She wasn’t completely sure, and that was what was throwing her off.

She wasn’t going to let these thoughts bring her down though. After fixing things with Mac, it seemed like things were finally going back to normal.

Big Mac had chosen to go to Sweet Apple Acres to help out on the farm. Applejack seemed to have a lot of chores this week and needed his assistance. This left Rainbow by herself for most of the day, and she decided to spend her day out.

She threw on her coat and walked herself to a small coffee shop. After ordering what she wanted, Rainbow plugged her headphones in and tuned everyone else out, getting lost within her music. She got her coffee and started heading out of the door, not really paying attention.
Instead of exiting the coffee shop, Rainbow slammed into a body. The impact had already caught her off guard, and she jumped even more so.

Her coffee was spilled all over the place, and even while she was angry, she felt that she could have paid attention more.

“Crap,” she hissed, “I’m so sorry.” Rainbow apologized to whoever she had hit without even looking to see.

Her headphones were still plugged in, so she couldn’t hear anyone speaking around her. She was crouched down, trying to pick up the now empty cup when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Pulling her headphones out of her ear, Rainbow was met with a pair of light green eyes. It was a male, who looked to be around her age. He had tanned skin and long blonde hair with light highlights on the tips. Rainbow wasn’t going to lie, he did seem to be good looking. Almost every feature of his face was soft and perfect.

“I’m really sorry about that. That was my fault.” the man apologized. Even his voice was somewhat soothing.

“No, it’s fine. I really should have looked where I was going.” Rainbow responded sheepishly.

The man went to grab some napkins from the counter and came back to help clean the mess on the floor. He stood back up and handed one to Rainbow, who hadn’t realized that her shirt was ruined as well.

“Oh,” she said, wide-eyed, “Thanks,”

“Anytime,” he smirked.

Rainbow gave an embarrassed smile back before she started to walk out the door.

“Wait, miss!” the man called from behind her.

Rainbow turned around on her heels.

“Yeah?”

“Why don’t you let me buy you another? It was my fault that I caused all of that,” he offered.

“Oh, no. It’s no big deal, you don’t have to.”

“It’s fine, really. I don’t mind.” the man assured.

Rainbow stood with her hands in her pockets, desperate to leave, but from the look in the man’s eyes, she could tell that he wouldn’t stop until she agreed.

“Fine, but I’m paying you back,” Rainbow replied sternly.

The man gave a small laugh.

“That defeats the purpose,”

Rainbow waited by the door for the man to come back outside. She listened to her music again and closed her eyes, drowning everyone out. It was easy for her to forget all of her troubles when it came to music, it was why it was always so important to her back in high school. She clearly didn’t notice when the man came back outside with her coffee, and she didn't seem to notice that he had begun to admire her for a few moments.

When he finally decided to stop staring, he slightly nudged Rainbow, pulling her out of her trance.

“Oh, thanks,” she smiled, taking out her earphones again.

“Anytime,” the man said, “So, what’s a pretty girl like you doing in such a small part of town?”
He tried to start a conversation before Rainbow walked away.

“Oh, I just moved here with my boyfriend,” Rainbow responded, making sure to imply that she was in a relationship before anything escalated.

“I see,” the man said with a flip of his hair, “What’s your name?”

“Rainbow Dash,”

“That’s a pretty name for a gorgeous girl,” the man smirked, making Rainbow want to gag.

“I’m Feather Bangs,” he greeted, holding out a hand, “Nice to meet you,”

Author's Note:

I am so so sorry I am updating so slow! I had so many tests at the end of the year, but now it’s summer break. I don’t plan to update every single week, but I won’t go inactive for so long again.

Since last update, I started an Instagram and began writing short stories over there about another interest of mine. I have extreme support from on there and from you guys as well!

I also may or may not have a couple of new story ideas for this account and I might start writing tomorrow!

As always, let me know what you think and I’ll see you all in the next update! :heart: