• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 4,272 Views, 30 Comments

Breaking Twilight - Shaelyn



Twilight has woken up locked in a small, dark room... her only company the Changeling Queen.

  • ...
7
 30
 4,272

Necessities of Life

Twilight wasn't sure of night and day, so she counted the times she slept. It had been three now, including her arrival. She hadn't heard from Chrysalis again yet, but she was so hungry Twilight almost hoped that Chrysalis would return, if it meant getting something to eat. She stood up, wobbling just a bit, and began to pace around the edges of the room. If she called out, maybe Chrysalis would come...

"Are you yet willing to listen, Twilight?" The voice came as if on cue, interrupting her thoughts.

"I'm... I'm hungry.. please, can I have something to eat?" Twilight felt degraded, begging Chrysalis for food, but she was desperate.

"It must be awful... so alone, so powerless. I remember those feelings well. Tell me Twilight, what would you do?"

"What... what do you mean?" Twilight stopped pacing and plopped down onto her side, laying on the bed of hay. She was too exhausted to keep walking.

"For food. That's what you want, and I'm willing to give it to you. But I want to know what you'll do for it. How desperate you are for it." Chrysalis laughed, and the sound filled the room.

Twilight wanted to deny Chrsyalis the satisfaction, but without food she was going to starve soon. How could she respond to such a question though? She couldn't refuse... "I'll... I'll do anything. Please, I'm so hungry..."

"Very good. You see, Twilight? It is necessary. Necessary to do anything if it means your survival. But it's not yet time... you will find your food against the wall. I will return later."

Twilight quickly stood up, searching along the edges of her cell until she found a small tray. She nearly spilled the bowl of water as her hoof passed over it, and eventually she also found the apple which had rolled a small distance away. She devoured all of it, not even worried that it might be poisoned, or worse. She was only worried that it wouldn't be enough to keep her from starving. But if Chrysalis needed her, then she wouldn't let Twilight starve. At least she had that.