• Published 5th Sep 2019
  • 845 Views, 14 Comments

Magic Falls - TheIronPone035



Twilight Sparkle is sent by her Parents to stay with her Great Aunt Dash in Magic Falls.

  • ...
0
 14
 845

Train Ride

"It didn't take long before it was time to leave, but luckily, I made sure to pack everything I might need."


"You ready?" Shining Armor asked as he watched his sister levitated a few last minute items into her snow white saddlebags.

Twilight had spent nearly a solid forty five minutes in her room taking everything out of her saddlebags to mark down on a list that they were there, before putting them back. But Twilight would then take them all out again to mark them on another list, before putting them back again.

"Yep!" Twilight claimed, shutting the final saddlebag flap and locking it with a buckle in the shape of her cutie mark.

Twilight stood up from where she had been sitting and trotted over to her brother's side. Her dark blue traveling vest had a few notepads in its pockets as well as some quills. Her saddlebags were also shut tight, shielding everything inside from the sunlight, except Smarty Pants whose head was poking out of one flap. Well he had to breath somehow.

"You sure?" Shining Armor questioned, grinning.

"I'm pretty sure! I made sure to triple check everything and mark them down on my checklist." Twilight said confidently.

Shining Armor ignited his horn and levitated a small hat from a shelf and over to Twilight. He released his grip on the hat which quickly dropped right onto Twilight's head facing forward.

"You forgot your hat." Shining Armor exclaimed, before shaking the hat playfully on the filly's head.

"Oh, well it's good that I have my BBBFF to check my work!" Twilight proclaimed with a smile, before hugging her brother.

"Well, if you're sure that's everything then let's get going!" Shining Armor declared.


The train ride to the main depo wasn't that eventful, say for the occasional landmark that Twilight pointed out to her brother as they passed it.

Once the two were at the depo, Shining Armor guided his younger sister to the correct platform, before getting ready to head back home.

"You sure you don't want me tagging along on the train?" Shining Armor asked.

"I'm sure! You must have lots of things to do and i'm 100% sure I know what to do. I'll make sure to call you as much as I can when I get to Aunt Dash's." Twilight exclaimed.

Shining Armor smiled, before giving her little sister one last hug.

"Be safe Twily."

"I will!"

With those last words said, the train rolled into the station and let out a loud whistle. Twilight waved to her brother as she hopped on and found a seat.

Twilight put her saddlebags down in front of her seat before looking out the window of the train car. She instantly spotted Shining Armor waving to her and returned the wave, she kept waving until the train departed from the station.

She watched the scenery from the window for awhile, before grabbing a notepad from her saddlebags along with a quill and a small portable ink bottle.

"Entry number one. I have begun the trip to Magic Falls by use of the Equestrian Railway Systems. BBBFF is heading home, leaving me on my own until I am able to locate Aunt Dash's place in Magic Falls. But i'm sure I will be able to handle-"

"HI!" A hyperactive sounding voice said next to Twilight, startling her enough to drop the notepad which landed with a thud on the train's floor.

Twilight turned her gaze to the left, instantly spotting a pink earth pony Filly with a mane and tail that looked even more crazy than Shining Armor's when he got out of bed. The Filly's blue eyes were locked onto hers, a smile across her face. Her cutie mark was of three balloons, two blue and one yellow. She was also wearing a red sweatshirt that had her cutie mark's design on the front.

"Uh, hello?" Twilight greeted back, not really knowing what else to do as she levitated her notebook back onto her hooves from the floor.

"Sorry if I startled you, it's just that i've been on this train for awhile now and not a single other filly or colt has been around and none of the grownups seem to want to make friends with me. But when I saw you I knew that this would be my chance to finally make my first friend! I'm Pinkie Pie, what's your name?" Pinkie Pie asked, somehow in under twenty seconds.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, and sorry but I don't really-" Twilight trailed off as she remembered what her parents had said. "well I guess we could be friends."

The second Twilight finished that sentence, Pinkie's smile seemed to somehow double as her eyes lit up. She cheered happily and jumped upwards, staying in the air for an impossible amount of time, and landed softly next to Twilight on the seat.

"Thank you so much Twilight! I'm gonna make sure to throw you the best party ever once we arrive at your stop!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"But don't you have a destination to go to on this train?" Twilight questioned.

"Nope! All I wanted on this trip was to make a friend and I did! So now that my trip is over, all I have to do is wait for your trip to be over and then it's celebration time!" Pinkie stated, before reaching over to a single pink suitcase that Twilight hadn't even noticed until now.

Pinkie opened the suitcase and fumbled around for a while until she retracted her hoof, revealing a...sandwich? Pinkie looked at the sandwich for a few seconds, before shaking her head and put it back in the suitcase. Her hoof went for another dive, this time taking out a rubber chicken.

"Hmm, I know I have it in here somewhere." Pinkie muttered to herself as she set the rubber chicken down in between her and Twilight. "Sorry, give me a second."

Pinkie continued on her mission to find the item she was looking for, putting anything else she found on the seat to be put away later. Twilight watched in shock as an overwhelming amount of objects were pulled out of the seemingly bottomless suitcase.

There were Whoopee Cushions, Balloons, a set of Rocks, a package of Noodles, a pile of Snow, an Apple, a Cookbook, a deck of cards, a strange knitted thing that Twilight didn't even know the name of, and finally, a casing in the shape of a cupcake.

"What cupcake flavor do you like? I personally like all of them equally because they're all so delicious and making a decision on only one would be impossible!" Pinkie stated, setting the case down between her and Twilight.

Pinkie unlatched a few buckles and opened up the case, exposing at least thirty different types of cupcakes. Each cupcake had their own style and color of frosting, as well as the flavor. But the main factor that had caught Twilight's attention, was the fact that each cupcake was somehow untouched by the others even with the lack of barriers between them.

Twilight picked out a cupcake and levitated it over to her face, examining the details that had been put into the frosting. This cupcake's frosting was midnight blue with several star sprinkles scattered about, making it look like the night sky.

Pinkie Pie grabbed a cupcake for herself, before shutting the case and put it back in her suitcase. Before either of them took a bite, Pinkie Pie spoke up;

"Cheers for meeting a new friend!" Pinkie Pie declared, clinking her cupcake with Twilight's like it was a glass of champagne.

Twilight had several questions about this filly, mainly about her hyperactive personality and her Marey Poppins suitcase. But she couldn't help but smile as she watched Pinkie chow down on the cupcake she had picked out.

Make a new friend, Check!

Author's Note:

Dqg wkxv ehjlqv wkh mrxuqhb ri d olihwlph!