• Published 5th Sep 2019
  • 845 Views, 14 Comments

Magic Falls - TheIronPone035



Twilight Sparkle is sent by her Parents to stay with her Great Aunt Dash in Magic Falls.

  • ...
0
 14
 845

Pilot Chapter: Summer Vacation

"Summer Vacation - a timeframe when students aren't in school, giving fillies and colts a full two months of time away from their studies."

"Some ponies hang around at the local park with friends, others get to go on fun trips with their families around Equestria, and some would simply stay indoors and read. I wanted to spend my summer reading and studying for my next year of school. But just like the old saying goes, you don't always get what you want."

"AHHH!!!!" Two fillies screamed as they braced for impact while the rickety contraption they were in struck the dirt trail hard. Not far behind was a massive shadowy creature from a foals worst nightmare, determined not to lose its target.

The filly behind the steering wheel of the contraption tried her best to keep calm, but the constant thumping of large footsteps from behind was certainly making it hard. Her purple fur hosted a few drops of sweat that had fallen from her brow, her dark blue mane with a stripe of purple and pink in them flailing in the breeze. Her cutie mark was of a purple star surrounded by five smaller white stars that seemed to sparkle in the light.

The filly was also wearing a little dark blue vest and had a dark green hat on with a single star sewed onto the front of it. The filly's purple eyes were wide with horror as she frantically tried to twist the black steering wheel from side to side, the wheel guiding the skitting tires below the machine.

The other filly sitting to the right in this machine spared a glance behind them, spotting the massive creature instantly. The filly had light pink fur as well as a darker pink mane and tail which made her look like she had just gotten out of bed. Her cutie mark was of three balloons, two colored light blue while the middle one was colored a light yellow. The filly was wearing a purple sweater with the image of a cats face surrounded by sparkles on the front.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, the one driving this rickety golf cart. The filly sat next to me is my friend Pinkie Pie. And I'm sure everypony reading this is wondering what two fillies are doing in a golf cart fleeing from a creature of unimaginable horrors through a forest? Well, don't worry, I've gotten straight A's on all my reports for school, so it shouldn't be hard to tell this tale."

"It all started when a letter came home from my school with my teacher telling my parents about how I was that year. Apparently my teacher told them that I didn't really work or talk with anypony else (Which is the truth but I really didn't need friends to finish my studies)."

"But my Parents thought otherwise and tried to think of a way for me to get to know more ponies over the Summer. Then, that night, they told me what they'd come up with at the dinner table."


Twilight Sparkle took a moderately sized bite of her food before glancing over to the book she was holding in her magic. She read a page or two from the book before taking another bite and resumed her reading. This process repeated for awhile, just like it always did when dinner time came around.

Sitting in a chair next to Twilight was her older brother Shining Armor, a colt who was on his way to becoming a stallion. He had snow white fur and a blue mane and tail with a stripe of aqua marine through them. He was talking with the two siblings father, Night Light who was sitting next to their mother Twilight Velvet on the other side of the round table.

Their conversation quickly came to an end when Twilight Velvet whispered something into Night Light's ear. The blue stallion nodded and looked over at their daughter.

"Twilight? Your mother and I have come up with something for you to do over the summer!" Night Light exclaimed cheerfully.

Twilight lowered the book she was reading, her curiosity peaking up at the statement. Upon seeing her parents faces, she quickly began theorizing on what it could be.

"Ooh! Let me guess!" Twilight begged, putting a hoof to her chin as she thought of all the possibilities and narrowed them down on a mental checklist. "Ummm, is it a new book?"

Night Light and Twilight Velvet shook their heads.

"A new notepad?"

"Wait, you need another?" Shining Armor questioned, faintly remembering their parents buying a fresh school grade notepad two days ago.

"Well, no. But I've learned that it's good to always have back up supplies." Twilight stated.

"Nope." Twilight Velvet claimed.

"What is it?" Twilight questioned.

Night Light levitated a piece of paper out of a nearby saddlebag and rose it up for Twilight to see.

"We've booked a trip for you to stay with your Aunt Dash in a sleepy little town called Magic Falls!" Night Light declared.

Twilight's expression changed from excitement, to confusion. What in Equestria was her father talking about?

"Magic Falls?" Twilight repeated, not recognising the name at all.

Night Light rotated the paper he was holding, exposing a little old map that showed the names of several places across Equestria. But one name wasn't like the others. Each place had an X next to them signaling the exact point where the place was, but one X was very faded, along with the text above it.

Night Light lowered the map onto the table and pushed it over to Twilight for her to see better. Twilight practically put her face on the map trying to make out what the text said. Finally, she was able to make out the words Magic Falls that blended in with a forest background.

"Magic Falls was a beautiful place when we visited your Aunt. It was full of nice ponies and the forest surrounding the town seems to sparkle in the moonlight." Twilight Velvet stated, remembering the trip like it was yesterday.

But that only rose another question in Twilight's mind. Who was her Aunt? She had never been told that she had an Aunt, let alone in a town she didn't know about, and she was a straight A student in almost every class, Geology being one of them.

"Who's watching me?" Twilight questioned, flipping through an imaginary photobook in her mind.

"Your Aunt Dash, she's a very nice Pegasus and will take good care of you." Twilight Velvet exclaimed.

"I don't remember anypony talking about Aunt Dash." Twilight stated, the name not ringing any bells.

"Me neither." Shining Armor followed up.

Night Light levitated an old black binder out of its spot on a shelf and set it down on the center of the table. He opened it and flipped to a page that held several photos of Twilight's relatives. He outlined a single photo with his magic and gently took it out of the binder.

"This is your Aunt Dash, she's never left Magic Falls ever since she moved there." Night Light explained.

The picture showed the image of what seemed to be a Pegasus, but most of the picture wasn't developed, only showing the outline of Aunt Dash and part of a building behind her. Her fur color wasn't even shown in the picture.

"Not sure why this is the only picture of her, but we lost our camera when we visited." Night Light claimed.

Night Light put the picture back in the binder and set it down in its spot on the shelf before getting up and bringing the empty plates from dinner with him over to the sink.

"When am I going?" Twilight questioned, wondering about what could happen on this trip.

"Your Brother will help you get to the train station which will take you to the main Equestrian Depo. There, you can get on the train that leads right to Magic Falls." Twilight Velvet explained.

"Better get packing." Shining Armor said playfully as he got up from his chair.

Twilight also got out of her chair, before heading up to her room. If she was going on a trip across Equestria, then she was gonna need supplies, and lots of notebooks.

Author's Note:

This is a Pilot chapter which means that I will likely not update it right away due to my focus being on real life and my other story. This is just something that I thought would be cool and wanted to see what people would think of it.