• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 716 Views, 5 Comments

The Agency - AthiyahTA



No, this ain't another usual fic, this fic is about a villain needing to find the light once again.

  • ...
 5
 716

The Agency: London (Prologue)

The Agency: London (Prologue)

Thunder did not cease to growl, spreading its thunderous voice across South West London. Lightning flashed for less than a second here and there, lighting up the dark blue night sky. A full moon glowed ominously, glowering amongst the shady clouds the blocked the shining stars of the northern hemisphere. A little human girl lay on her little bed, tightly wrapped in her thick bedsheets. She smiled to herself, as the raindrops ran down her scenic window. Her eyelids began to grow heavy, as sleep beckoned her tired body. She struggled to stay awake, to stare upon the beautiful moon, the beauty of the dark. She always liked the night, it filled her with a sense of...peace. It was her only friend in the rough neighborhood of 2771 Brixton Road, London, UK-such a rough street, mothers sent their kids off to school with small little daggers for their own safety. But for her, it was a special case. In the left side pocket of her crimson red robe lay her father's British Army Browning L9A1-something that she stole frequently from him when she had no choice but to venture out at night. She never really knew how to use it though, she simply used it to threaten anyone or anything that was to harm her. She finally collapsed onto her pillow, her eyes tired from the strain and her body tired from the day. She was so tired, she was certain that even gun shots wouldn't wake her up from her slumber.

The sound of fire-arms pierced through the chilly night. She woke up in a start, half-awake, half-chilled to the bone. The sound resonated in her ears, her certainty that the shot came from her house increasing. Her amber red eyes wide open, she struggled to catch her breath, as she tried to find her bedroom slippers and her red robe in the dark, not daring to even switch on her night light. She ran towards her bedroom door, opening the door slowly, hoping it wouldn't creak too loud. She hesitated to step out, as her fears of what pulled the trigger consumed her. She slowly crept downstairs towards the living room, one hand in her left pocket, clutching onto the pistol with her dear life, while the other hand was feeling around for the walls and railings, somehow helping her to navigate through the dark. She couldn't think straight at all, relying solely on instincts to help her through her mind paralyzing state. She finally reached the living room, and switched on the main lights, only to gasp aloud at the horrifying scene.

Blood was strewn all over the walls, carpet, even furniture. Stab and gun wounds covered his body. She gritted her teeth, trying her best to keep her eyes dry. It was a worthless effort. She cried, very, very silently. There lay her dearest father, her only shining star through her ever-lasting cloudy sky of life. Slashed straight through his heart with a single shot. Unnecessary stabs through his limbs. Another few bullets in his legs, probably the first shots mercilessly inflicted upon him. "Overkill." she growled to herself. She gripped onto his hand, eyes flaring in both utter disbelief and absolute fury. "I...I'm so, very sorry, father." she whispered without thinking, even more tears escaping her sore eyes.

"Sorry for what, may I ask? For never really being the daughter he ever wanted? Or just because you stole his standard army gun?" rang out a man's voice. It was a deep, yet tuned, but rather...evil, voice. She whipped out the gun, threatening it in every direction that she thought the voice might come from.

"Have a little trouble finding me? Alright then, let’s play a little game, called 'Hot and Cold'. Hmm, let’s see...to be really honest, though I never really am-you seem to be, very, very, very ...hot. Piping hot, to be exact. Maybe even more than that. Depends on your field of perception. Mine is rather...close." said the voice again. Her eyes started to agitate her. She knew somebody was in the room; it was just that...she didn't want to know. She didn't want to acknowledge his existence.

"No, no...I want to know. I need to know. I MUST know," she thought. It was nagging at the corner of her eye. What was? "The corner of my eye. Something, at the corner of my eye.” She slowly looked towards the corner of her right eye. Nothing. She then slowly looked towards the corner of her left eye. She saw something ripple through thin air. She turned her point of direction towards the ripple. She held the gun in front of her. She lifted her right foot towards the direction. She gripped on the gun tightly. She gritted her teeth.

"Here I come" she muttered. Suddenly, the lights blew. Nothing but darkness was to be seen. Her only friend. Going against her. Not wanting to let her go.

"Protecting me." She whispered to herself, as the very realisation dawned upon her. The darkness was protecting her from the mysterious man. It was trying to shield her from any possible harm, by making sure that the harm itself was not to be known. The ultimate protector. The darkness.

"Ah, you got it. The dark. For some reason, everybody is scared of it. Terrified of it. Some hate it so much that they develop a phobia of it. Some even consider their phobia of the dark upon their own kind, something you should be very familiar of, around these parts, am I not right? Either way, you, a simple 7-year-old, realised its importance. Its purpose. It's glory. To be precise upon my reaction to this, I have to say, I'm impressed. But not impressed enough. Come one, find me. You almost have. Find me, through the dark. Break through its glory. Defy it, just to find bad old... me." said the man. A gust of wind suddenly hit her hard, almost knocking her off her feet.

"Come and find me..." said the invisible man, this time, in the direction of the front door. Her hands trembled, sweating heavily, trying not to slip the gun through her clammy hands. She slowly walked towards the front door, 'slowly but steadily', as the old phrase goes. She saw a ripple in the air, through the dark. She walked towards it, dripping in sweat. She could feel her own heart beat beating through her chest. It was slow and painful. Very painful. Her throat has parched, pleading for at least just a little drop of water. But her curiosity got the better of her. She needed to know. What was lurking in the dark. What was making her play these games.

"What killed my father." She thought aloud, gritting her teeth as she advanced towards the door. She finally reached there, only to find the very guiding ripple through the air completely gone, nowhere to be seen. A nagging thought in her brain told her to open the door. But the sensible little voice in her told her not to, pleading her to not venture out into the dangerous street, out alone in the dark, that too, nothing but her nighty and her robe on. But she surpassed those thoughts, and move on outside, into the cold and murderous open street of 2771 Brixton Road.

She open the front door slowly, only for a rather cold and strong gust of wind the whip against her somewhat clad body. Her fiery red hair flared like a wildfire in the windy, cold and damp night. Forgotten to have at least brought something to shield her from the storm shower, she crept out, withstanding the heavy downpour, inflicting upon her like daggers on her open head. She gripped onto her gun tighter then ever, trying to not to drop it while trying to keep a steady footing through the heavily blowing wind in the unforgiving and almost murderous winter-wind. She let go of one hand from the gun to hold on to the nearest pillar, hoping that it would prevent her from being swept away by the wind. But she knew, that she had to let go, or she would never find the man. She looked around for the ripple in the air, rather hard to find in the ever-blowing winter-wind. She squinted her eyes, trying to find her guiding sign, as she slowly gave in into the immense cold. She could not find it anywhere. Her teeth where chattering away madly, unable to control her numb jaw anymore. Her fingers were giving in to the cold. Her feet were fully numb, as she slipped and fell to the ground, loosing grip of the pillar. She immediately let go of her gun to grab onto the pillar. She crunched up into a ball of cold, numb, bone and flesh.

She almost gave in into the cold, winter night, with nothing but her own body-heat to help her survive through the cold, to numb to even get up on her feet, to even crawl back home. The gun lay a feet or two from her. She continued to stare at the gun, trying to fight fatigue that was about to over come her.

"Giving in? Already? Really, your'e no fun at all." said the man's voice.

Her eyes widened, a sudden glimpse of hope shimmering at the corner of her eye. More like...rippling. She immediately looked towards the ripple, right behind her. All the numbness in her body, all her feelings towards the cold, they disappeared, only to be replaced by nothing but immense anger and rage. She reached out for the gun, grabbed it and somehow managed to stand up in the dark, cold night. She took a step towards the ripple, the wind pushing against her immensely. But she didn't care. The heavy and pounding raindrops almost ripped apart her head. She didn't care. All she cared was to find out who...no, what the man was. She braved against the dark and cold night, running with all her might towards the ripple. Everything around her was just a blur. She was completely oblivious to her surroundings. A little too oblivious. She ran straight into the ripple.

The darkness blanketed her fully. She could she nothing at all, not even her own hand. At least, she could feel what was around her. Gripping onto the gun, she somehow held it in front of her, walking slowly towards...the darkness.

"Well, well...a fighter, aye? Well, you have surprised me enough. Time you met the family." said the man's voice.

"Who...who are you?" she asked, shuddering in fear of what might happen. She heard the man smirk, echoing through the darkness.

"You could say...your worst nightmare. Hmm...isn't it time you got some...sleep?" said the man's voice, as a rather sweet but sickening smell filled the room. Her eyes grew rather heavy, as she let go of the gun and dropped to the ground.

"Sleep tight, cherish this moment, for once you wake up, your nightmare will begin..." the man's voice channeled through her ears faintly as she slowly fell into a deep slumber.

Her eyes fluttered open, blinding light filling her eyes. Her eyes adjusted through the naked light, to see a lamp just a few centimetres away from her. She looked around herself, to only see herself strapped down to some weird contraption. The contraption was hooked to a mass number of computers, all hooked together, writing and encoding different programs at an almost impossible speed. She tried to wail out, but it seemed as if something was preventing her from talking. Yet, nothing was covering her mouth.

"Temporary speech slur pills. Although they don't actually slur speech, they somehow aggressively attack you voice box, temporarily numbing it. But don't worry, I am tracking down your brain waves, what ever you primarily are thinking about can be picked up and translated into English, UK. But of course, it can be even translated into other languages, including alien ones, but lets not go there..." chattered away a certain voice. She raised her eyebrow, not sure how to respond to the voice.

"To be honest, I have been hearing quite a whole lot body-less voices today. Wait...how long exactly have I been out?" she thought, putting her trust into the seemingly harmless girl, calming herself down, hoping that she would not be betrayed of. She was already slightly daunted with the fact that she was being tracked down of any primary thought. And that there was a possibility of aliens in the universe.

"Oh, just a couple of days. Don't worry, though, you have been treated well through the period, pretty nice room, you've got. We have stablised your iron, zinc, vitamin and other necessary body fluids to a perfect score. Buffed up your muscles, it seems. Looks like you're going to be a field agent! Oh, I wish I was a field agent, it would have been great! Though I would have to be involved in a whole lot of killing. You know what, never mind, I don't want to be a field agent. I practically squirm at blood. Ugh." said the voice. She rose her other eyebrow.

"You sound like you're around my age. Who are you?" she thought, trying to ignore the phrase, "pretty nice room, you've got.".

"Oh, silly me, I always forget to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Intelligence Agent 13. Pleased to meet you. Though you won't be that pleased, though.".

"So...no name?" she thought. Intelligence Agent 13 seemed to have grinned sheepishly, as the sound of a cute little grin echoed through her ears in the dark and gloomy room. Suddenly, the contraption was starting to make rather weird, robotic noises. These noises, like it should, scared her quite a bit, given the ominous silence that once shrouded the whole...room?

"Oh, my name was wiped out from my memory a long time ago. Like what I'm going to do to you. Well...assist in doing. I'm just the assistant in training." said 13. Those very words scared her to the edge of insanity. Intelligence Agent 13 frowned, sensing how she felt.

"I'm sorry. But it has to be done. Especially if you escape. This can't be told to anyone. You see, the killing of your dad...it was a test. To prove your worth in The Agency." said 13.

"I never wanted to be in this stupid...agency. That man...he just turned up in my house and...killed him. Mercilessly shot him. Added a few stab wounds. Made me angry. VERY angry." she thought, silently raging to herself.

"I'm really sorry. But it was your father's own fault for getting himself killed." 13 began. Her eyes widened even further. Anger shrouded her feelings.

"He had signed you up in The Agency before you were even born," 13 continued, "Because he was already a Transporter Agent in there. He had not a choice but to sign the deal. A few months later, you were born, and you were kept under the liberty of your parents, whom where closely watching them. Your mum tried to escape with you, only resulting her...execution." Those words suddenly started to make sense. She remembered what father told to her about mother. She knew they were lies from the start.

"You were pleaded for and fought back into your father's care, only for him to run away from the agency, to protect you. He somehow went out of the reach of the Dark, always kept you in the Light. The Agency...we have a saying about the Light. It may give and show you all you want, but the truth would be rather hard to find, for the Light is as equivalent to an entire ocean of pure lies. You were living a lie. All those untruths told to you, so that you would be happy. To be able to see what you want to see." said Intelligence Agent 13.

"All candy-coated and wrapped, to hide all the bitterness within." she finished, crying deeply inside, for her eyes were as dry as the desert. Intelligence Agent 13 seemed to stay quiet for rather a long time but then suddenly shifted quickly across the room, as what seemed to be a door, opened.

"Agent 13, are you done with the preparations? Good. Give me her full brain scan reports, asap." said a man with a northern accent with a little tinge of scottish in it.

"Good girl. I have to say, marvelous quality! I hope, at least, that the darkness will prevail with you as one of the top private Intelligence Agents. But don't gloat over it in the Light, dear, no, you can't have that. Alright, let the operation begin." said the man. She tried to struggle out of the straps, but with no avail.

"Please, don't struggle, it won't pain a little. It will pain a lot." said the man, as the sound of a drill came close to her head.

"I'm sorry." whispered Intelligence Agent 13.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: So, you like? I hope you like. It's my first long project, been planning over it for 3-4 months now. This is only the Prologue, wait till the Chapters come!

Author's Note:

Future Author's note: It has been years. I have no idea why I cancelled this fic, and I will continue it.