• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 874 Views, 22 Comments

Symphony Of Harmony - EverlastingKnightmare

  • ...
 22
 874

The end is the beginning?

Symphony

Of

Harmony

Written by: Father Night or The Lost King.

Co-writer: Fleetwood_Brougham






Hello, I’m Father Night.

I’m going to tell you some things before this story starts. Every time an author writes a story he or she does not know of the reality they create. There are rules for making worlds and because you do not know them, you never break them.

This story is about how I broke one of those laws.

Confused? Well that’s to be a bit expected. Anyway when a world is made there is this thing I call a Symphony that is placed within it. As this Symphony plays, the story goes as you planned it to.

What happens when you change a note in that Symphony as it is playing?

This story involves me and my world, my Equestria, and how I broke apart the Symphony to change the outcome of my world.

And how I killed every single one of my ponies...

I got those two mixed up but it does not matter, it wouldn’t look as dramatic if they were in the right order.

Let’s start at the end now shall we?





I sat there, looking at the raging fires with tears in my eyes. “How could this happen?” I whispered as some of the flames wrapped around my neck, good thing I had a fire proof spell on. It was still warm though, kinda like a hug. “I’m sorry...” I whispered again. “I’m so, so sorry...”


I looked up into the sky, the stars had all but died, all that remained was the moon, even that was crumbling away.

{We can’t run anymore, my power is gone with the night...}


My thoughts were cut off by the loud roar of the beast that had done all of this, the beast that kill all of my ponies, my daughters, my wife.

“The destroyer.” I mumbled as I turned to the large beast, at least 20 miles away and it was still large enough to spot. As I stared my death in the face I heard a song, it played like it was always there, a note never out of place. “What is....This?” I couldn’t help but bob my head to the music a bit.

{The worlds Symphony..... How.....Why....Wait, I have a plan!}

With the very little magic I had left in my body I made the note visible. “I made this world...” I growled as the notes flew around me, changing colors that varied from green, yellow, and red. “So I can change it!” I yelled as the notes shattered in front of me in a haze of void purple magic. The destroyers red eyes seemed to widen at what I was doing, he knew what I was doing, and he didn’t like it. He began to open his sideways maw to fire one of those antimatter beams at me when the world began to break away, like glass. It roared in shock and rage as it itself broke away into the now empty void I stood in.

{Well there goes the rest of the world...}

I smiled and a bright green light shined from my horn as I began to shift forms into my human self, keeping the wings and the horn.

{...Night? What are you doing?}

I asked myself. With a snap of my fingers a violin appeared in my hands, along with that little stick thing. “Simple.” My horn glowed and a piano appeared beside me, along with some drums. “I’m going to make a new Symphony, make sure that the destroyer never found my world. My ponies will know no evil as great as that, but in order to do that I must give them some of my traits. Some HUMAN traits, such as the limitless possibility of imagination.” I said as I began to play. “But we need to start at the midway point. The destroyer will be able to find us even with a new Symphony, sadly. But we can create a hero, a pony that will save us all from this beast.”

{Like who?}

“A pony, with limitless kindness, a pony who will never hold a grudge or stay mad for long.”

{Fluttershy?}

“Better.

Her mother.”