• Published 14th Apr 2019
  • 395 Views, 8 Comments

Made of Rainbows - Connect-the-Pie



A ‘supplier’ from the Rainbow Factory moves into Ponyville with his manager, Rainbow Dash, ...what is going on here?

  • ...
 8
 395

Chapter 4

After teaching her the lyrics for you know... tradition we began to sing the sacred song of our people.

“....Wow.” Scootaloo said after it was finish. “That was... excilerating!”

“Yeah, who knew you had a beautiful singing voice.” She blushed “Yeah thanks.” There was a glow behind Scoots,who didn't noticed. "Uhh scoots..." I said getting her attention. "Yeah what?" I pointed behind her. She gasped "Does this mean--" on her flank was her cutie mark. Like mine, it was a picture of my house, a silloated version, but still my house, with pools of Rainbows around it. ""YES MY CUTIEMARK!"

"I knew you were gonna be a good one the moment I saw you." I said as I watched her bouncing around stopping only to look at the mark, then went back to bouncing. “Ok Scoots," she stopped to look at me, "Rainbow is gonna be here soon. Do you want to join? You could even show her your new mark.”

“Well Yeah!”

“Eheh good to hear. Come on then.” We gathered the jars and headed outside. “Any minute now.” I said looking to the skys.


Oh come on Rainbow. Where are you. “Oh hey Autumn...” there you are. “ sorry I was late for I was-“ “-Rainbow... you don’t ‘just be late’ for this kind of stuff. I don’t care if you have other things to do! For you ‘make’ time!” I said interrupting her.

“Yeah yeah Autumn.” She said. Looking over she saw Scoots. “Oh hey Squirt, wh-what are you doing here?”

“Well Rainbow... Me and the crusaders thought we could try and get cutie marks trying to do what Autumn does and-“ Rainbow did not like the sound of that apparently for she grabbed hold of me and started shaking me around. “Autumn! Tell me you didn’t! You know that we aren’t supposed to do that! Why could—“ she screamed into my face.

“Calm down Rainbow, He only showed me.” “Yeah and she was good too.”

“*Huff* ok then. Did ya’ll at least sing?” “Yes I didn’t know she had a beautiful singing voice.”

“Ok then... I guess it’s all good then.” She saw she was still holding me, “ uhh sorry” she let me go. “Yeah. Anyway, Scoots help Rainbow with the jars.”

“Yes sir.” She said with a salute. I cringe “Ok Rainbow... I see how bad the is now.” Rainbow laughs. As Rainbow flew to the jars, Scootaloo flew right behind her. “How I forgot!” Scootaloo said, “how could I have forgotten!”

“What did you forge—“ she turned around. And her jaw dropped. “—Scoots you’re—“ “Yeah I’m flying! How did I forget that!” Rainbow tackled Scoots to the ground and hugged her. "Oh my Celestia! Scoots! You're flying! I-I can't believe it!" Such a sight. "Yeah Rainbow." I said, then I began to smirk, "I was able to teach her how to fly and she was able to do it first try." Rainbow looked over at me. "you are supposed to be great at flying, yet you couldn't teach the one who looked up at you the most to fly? Are you actually good at flying or no?"

"Hey watch it Autumn." Rainbow sneered, "I am great at flying," she then rub the back of her head, "just not good at teaching how to." Rainbow looked back over at Scootaloo and saw something that made her eyes pop. The cutie mark. "You even got your Cutie Mark" Scoots smiled with pride at the sight of her idol admiring her cutie mark "Yeah! I did!" After enough time to know how it felt, Rainbow and Scootaloo loaded the jars onto the loading thing Rainbow brought. "I'll see you next time."

"Bye Rainbow!" Scoots said. "Yeah bye Rainbow." I said also.

When Rainbow was out of earshot I pulled Scootaloo into my house. "Ok Scoots, now since this happened, you can NOT tell ANYPONY, DRAGON, CHANGELING, ZEBRA, OR ANYOTHER CREATURE ON THE PLANET! NOT EVEN YOUR OWN FRIENDS! BECAUSE THEN, THE PRINCESSES WILL HEAR AND THEN ALL OF US EVEN RAINBOW DASH WILL GO TO TARDARUS! UNDERSTOOD?"

"Yes. Got it. calm down!"

"Ok" I calmed back down "good."


School time. I wonder if Scoots already told her friends about her cutie mark. Hopefully not, if so lets just hope she came up with an alibi. Making a problem was the easy part, the hard part was to escape the wrath of a hundred fillies and colts and the teacher need the reason rises. At school was the good stuff, no fillies and colts gathered to make my day a living Tardarus, just peace and quiet. Which means that Scoots isn't here yet to show off her cutie mark. As I was almost in the building, I heard what might make my day Tardarus if not careful, "Scoots ah'm so proud o' ya," Apple Bloom, which means the other two are there too. "Yeah Scoots who knew you were destined to make rainbows." "Yeah! If we never asked Autumn, I might have never got this!" "Yeah! Too bad we couldn't try. What did you even do to make the rainbows?" Uh oh, well let's this be a test of some kind. "Sorry, its a company secret." Scootaloo said to them. Well good enough I guess. "Aww," the awwed. Scootaloo looked up and saw me looking, she was about to say something when the bell rung. "Ok everypony!" Cheerilee yelled, "time to come on in!"

"Ok everypony... it looks like somepony finally got there cutie mark. Scootaloo! Congratulations!" Cheerilee said. "Now, come on up and tell us about it." This is important that she does not tell here. "Well..." Scootaloo said, looking at me for what to do, eventually she said, "this cutie mark is a symbol for making rainbows,"

"Oh so like Autumn's." Cheerilee said, "and how is it do you make rainbows?" I glance at Scootaloo, she's nervous, "Sorry," she said, "that's a company secret."

"Oh well," Cheerilee said, disappointed, "well lets begin class.


"Hay you!" somepony said, "Ah want to ask ya somethin'" looking behind me was Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, "Uhh sure," I said confused "what is it?"

"We want to know what goes on when you make rainbows," Sweetie Belle said, "Scootaloo won't tell us,"

"Well as Scootaloo said, 'its a company secret.'" I said as they got a dejected look. "Ah know Ah know." Apple Bloom said "'Its a company secret' yes yes."

"Hey Autumn," I look over my shoulder to see Scootaloo flying towards us, "we need to continue."

"Ah yes," I said, looking back at Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, "Well I would love to continue this chat but we need to get going."

"Yeah sorry girls" Scootaloo said to them, "but I won't be able to go with ya'll today. Maybe sometime-- " "Yeah, yeah Scootaloo," Apple Bloom interrupted, "we know, now that you got your cutie mark you 'gotta do what its tellin' you to'." Apple Bloom smiled, "Go have fun making rainbows." they turned around and went on their way. "Ok Scootaloo," I said turning to her, "since you're new... you get to pick a pony. So who do you want to pick?" She looked around where we were and pointed at random. "That one." Pointing to an yellow-ish earth pony with a green mane completed with a carrot cutie mark. "Good choice."

Author's Note:

The tradition started when ponies figured out what the factory actually did to get the Rainbows they loved, it was made to strike fear for those who managed to escape, naturally, the workers stopped all hope of escape soon after the twelveth escape, eventually, all the ponies died of either the factory or natural causes, well why do they still do it?, they still did because the song iscatchy.