• Published 3rd Oct 2020
  • 993 Views, 95 Comments

Dark Souls 3: Cinders of Power - Blackdrag-rose



Tirek awakens to find himself in a state of undeath, in a foreign land, and must use everything at his disposal to survive the dangers that await him.

  • ...
33
 95
 993

The Church's Secret

With Midir making his appearance in this area, even if it was far away from where Tirek and his companions were standing, the group jumped over the side of the roof of the section of the structure they were standing on and landed on the ground that was in front of them, where it was easy for them to see that there was a stone bridge to their left, which seemed to be the way forward, and a path that lead to a chamber that had been carved into the cliff that part of the city was built on, to which Sarana stepped forward and headed towards the cliff face that was in front of them. The reason behind that swift decision was the chamber that she had spotted the last bonfire in earlier, where they found a few statues lining the walls before she stopped in front of the iron door and opened it, allowing them to double back to the bonfire if they wanted to rest, but since none of them really needed to stop and recover their energy the three of them headed back to where the stone bridge was resting, even though Tirek noticed there was another thicker stone bridge up in the air above them, one that seemed to link a section of the city they hadn't been to yet to a church or something. They paused for a moment as they stood at their end of the stone bridge that seemed to connect to a mine, as that was what Tirek assumed they were seeing on the other side this area, though the reason for the pause was due to Tirek staring at Midir, as he was studying the dragon that was doing the same thing, no doubt waiting to see if they would progress towards the mines that would likely allow them to access the Princess' tower, or maybe just the church he had seen a few seconds ago, and it was likely that if they crossed this bridge Midir might attack them. Since there appeared to be no other way forward, not without finding the way to the wider stone bridge anyway, crossing this more ruined stone bridge seemed to be their only option, to which he glanced over to Sarana and Martok for a moment, who nodded their heads to show that they agreed with what he was thinking, before he took a few seconds to ready his magic before stepping forward, as it was time to see what Midir would do as they invaded the area he seemed to be guarding.

Sure enough when Tirek and his companions stepped onto the ruined stone bridge, and started the trek across it so they could reach the path that would take them to the mines, Midir roared as soon as they did that, a roar that would have no doubt intimidated any lesser being in seconds, before he took to the air and flew in their general direction, where it didn't take Midir long to breath fire on the path that was in front of them and rushed it towards the area the three of them were standing in, something that was followed by Tirek throwing up a barrier around them. It was interesting to see what sort of damage the flames did to the barrier, as it actually put a decent number of cracks into the magic, and that was from just washing over the barrier, meaning that a quick barrier to block a direct burst of fire would work in Midir's favor, which did confirm one thing in Tirek's mind as the dragon flew somewhere else and the flames died down, the dragon was strong and that a battle between them would be legendary, along with the fact that if he were able to calm down and tame Midir he would have the most intimidating dragon in the entire world on his side. Another thing that Tirek was sure of was that there had been a few clerics standing along the path that was in front of them, as if they were supposed to be the guards of this area or something, but with Midir taking them down that meant Tirek, Sarana, and Martok could make a beeline for the opening that would allow them to enter the mine, a place where they could remain safe from the dragon's attack and plan their next move accordingly, though even as that happened they had to stop two more times as Midir circled back to attack them, where another quick barrier was thrown up each time and both times Tirek found that the damage to both of his spells was consistent with the damage to the first barrier, confirming his suspicions on Midir's power, before they were able to reach the entrance to the mine and dived inside to avoid a fourth attack, something that likely caused the dragon to stop for a moment and then take off as soon as he realized that none of them were coming outside. Of course the three of them did spot a few items that had been resting along the path they had used to reach the area they were now standing in, but with Midir staring at the path, from wherever he decided to land for the foreseeable future, the group determined that it was better for them to see what rested inside the mine and claim whatever was inside here as they looked for the path that lead up to one of the structures they had seen earlier.

"So that's Midir... such an imposing and powerful dragon," Tirek commented, deciding to go back on his own thoughts for a few seconds so he could see what the dragon was doing, even though it appeared that he was roasting some clerics that were heading for the opening they had gone through, but as he did that he could confirm that Midir was massive, in terms of his size, while it also appeared that he had four wings, each of which were a little tattered due to damage from all of his battles with the Abyss, and his scales were definitely black, either darkened by his exposure to the Abyss or that was just the scale coloration that he was born with, "Yes, he would make a fine ally once we forge the Reality Stone..."

"Well, before that can happen we have to get out of here first," Sarana replied, knowing that Tirek knew how dangerous it was to be standing near the opening they had just run through a few moments ago, though she and Martok were looking at the mine area that was the next hurdle that they had to overcome, which was looking more like a catacomb than what they had been thinking earlier, meaning it was possible they might have some of the undead enemies lingering in the side chambers that they could see from where they were standing, even though the coiled staircase made her wonder if there was a second one in this area, for the other side of the cylindrical area they were in.

What they did next was head up the stairs to their left, as it seemed more important than what was possibly to their right, or at least it could be, though as Tirek glanced up the path Martok stepped onto a ruined part of the walkway and part of it collapsed as that happened, dropping them down onto a walkway that was below them, possibly placing the three of them further away from the tunnel that had to take them up to where the church, or the walkway leading to it, was located, but instead of worrying about that the group walked forward and kept their guards up. As they walked up the stairs that were in front of them Tirek felt a change in the air and realized that someone was invading their world, though it was more like the weaker Invaders and not like the other Unkindled that they had faced in the past, though the false Invader happened to be a heavily armored knight with a massive mace of some kind, someone who Martok parried the attack of and then gripped the handle of the weapon, which his foe didn't let go of for some off reason, and then hurled it off the walkway the three of them were standing on, showing that he didn't want to waste time on it since they were in the middle of a rather important mission, finding the Reality Stone and whatever Tirek wanted to do with Midir, either tame him or crush them if the first option failed. They passed by another chamber, one that just had some odd skeletal enemies that were painfully easy for the group to take down, as a single swipe from Martok was enough to knock them down and Sarana killed them with a stab of her own blades, allowing them to head up the next part of the path that was in front of them, even if that meant they had to drop down into a lower section that didn't appear to be an area they had explored yet, before the three of them noticed that it brought them back to the opening that allowed them to enter this place in the first place, which caused Tirek to sigh in annoyance for a moment. From there they headed down to the right of the catacombs opening and dropped down into the area that was below them, where all three of them had to be careful not to fall over the edge of the walkway that was below them, before heading up the path that was to their left of the chamber that they had found and found another hole in the stairs they were following, which allowed Tirek, Sarana, and Martok to drop down onto the next section of the stairs, even though it was rather interesting that there weren't many enemies for them to deal with, before Sarana found that the stairs below them lead to a dead end, which had a blessed gem that she claimed, to which Tirek and Martok walked up the part of the stairs that were in front of them as their companion joined them.

The next chamber that they found had a mimic chest inside it, where Tirek and Martok stood near the opening of the small chamber so they could ambush it when Sarana awakened their foe, though what was interesting was that the mimic took a moment to rush out after Sarana and actually fell off into the abyss that was below them, to which the group glanced at each other for a moment and sighed, as this meant they would have to come back to figure out what had been inside the chest, before they headed up the stairs and found another chamber that was actually a tunnel, one just so happened to have three of the skeletons waiting for them, one in front of them and two on the stairs passed it. The previous pattern held for these foes, one swing from Martok's greatsword was enough to weaken them to the point of death while a second swing from Sarana killed them, pretty much allowing Tirek to not waste magic on any of their current foes, and once all of their foes were taken care of the three of them headed up the stairs that the skeletons had been guarding and found that it brought them to another part of the stairs and let them appear next to a crystal lizard, which was slain by Sarana's quick blades and the stones it carried were collected for later, not that they needed them at this point. At the top of the stairs they found a bonfire that would allow them to skip over the bridge that Midir seemed to be guarding, to which they made sure to lit it and headed through the short bonfire that was behind it, which brought them to a pathway that rested far above the stone bridge the dragon was watching over, but as that happened Tirek found that his thoughts had been wrong as Midir landed further on the walkway that they were now walking on and growled at them for a few seconds, something that was followed by the dragon loosing a burst of fire in their direction, prompting Tirek to raise a barrier to stop the attack in its tracks. Just like what happened the last time he did that he found that his barrier was cracked by Midir's flames striking it, though it allowed them to reach a small covered area to the left, one he could use a barrier around as the dragon lashed out at them with another breath of fire, though once that attack was done the three of them rushed over to where Midir was standing, which turned out that he was half on the walkway since his bottom half was off the walkway and his claws seemed to be digging into the stone that rested in front of them, where Tirek allowed Sarana and Martok to lash out at the dragon's claws.

What was rather impressive was that Midir, in addition to having his fire breath, could focus his inner power and turn his fire breath into a beam of dark energy, something that was aimed down at Sarana as she lashed out at his claws, to which Tirek channeled his power for a moment and summoned three barriers between them and the dragon, while making sure Martok had the same protection that they had, and discovered that he was right to do so, as the dark beam smashed right through his barriers and they only emerged unscathed due to the amount of barriers he had thrown up, before Martok's next attack caused the dragon's grip on this area to loosen and was followed by it falling into the pit below them, but even as that happened Tirek was sure they would see Midir again in the very near future.

With Midir taken care of, for the time being anyway, the group headed into the structure that was at the end of the stone walkway that the dragon had been guarding, even though Tirek did note that they were closer to the wider stone bridge that lead to the church, where they found a large chamber that had some pillars, chairs, and some statues, before they located some stairs to their left that happened to have one of the crystal lizards resting on some of the steps, who Sarana slew as soon as she spotted it and made sure to collect everything that it had been carrying. At the top of the stairs they found a circular chamber that had a number of knight statues resting in the indents that circled around the chamber, all of those ones being the black knights they had fought in the past, while in the center of the area rested another statue that looked like a regal man who was bestowing a crown on a lower being, where Sarana informed Tirek that the regal figure was Lord Gywn and that the kneeling figure was no doubt the first holder of the Dark Soul, the Furtive Pygmy based on what she had learned over the years. After that Tirek found a platform that seemed to head upwards, as Martok stepped on the button and climbed off it so they could see where it went, making him wonder if it lead right back to the first locked door they had found in the Ringed City, before he shook his head and headed for the opening that would lead them out to the wide bridge that was connected to the church, where they found a ringed knight, this one wielding two greatswords and no other weapons, standing between them and the front door of the structure they were heading towards, though as they stepped outside it was easy to see that this was possibly the last foe that was between them and the church, to which all three of them readied themselves as they walked forward. What was interesting was that this ringed knight swung both of its weapons around with a level of grace that one wouldn't have expected from how heavy the weapons had to be, as it was capable of swinging its blades around pretty fast, something that caused Sarana to maintain some distance from their foe while Martok parried the incoming attacks to the best of his ability, all while Tirek loosed a Dark Orb through the air not a few seconds later and struck the knight in the chest, who staggered for a moment before picking itself up so it could charge at them once more, this time lightning its blades on fire as its combination swings resulted in sending out waves of fire that were short lived.

In the end the group was able to bring the knight down, even though Sarana and Martok did have to use one of their Estus Flasks this time, proving just how dangerous their foe had been, before finding that the knight had actually dropped both of its weapons on the ground, which Martok claimed and stored inside their pack, though once they were ready to go the three of them marched on the church's front door, as it was time to see what was on the other side and if there was even a powerful creature in this area, besides Midir and Lord Gwyn's daughter, who they still needed to find a path to, since all of the paths they had seen so far brought them nowhere near the lady in question.

"Unknowing visitors, return from where you came from." a voice said, stopping the group before they were able to open the door that was in front of them, which would allow them to enter the church and see who was talking to them, but the three of them remained silent for a time as they waited to see if the voice had anything else to say before they barged into the structure and interrupted whoever happened to be talking right now, "The Abyss runs deep in this place, and by the King's decree none may distress our mistress's slumber."

Tirek and the others glanced at each other for a moment before Martok opened the door in front of them, which revealed a waiting area of sorts for the church, minus the missing seats for some odd reason, before they noticed the Fog Door that was in front of them, indicating a powerful foe was definitely resting on the other side of it, to which Tirek invaded the area that was on the other side and found one of the giants in a black robe standing near the end of the room, though unlike all of the other giants in the Ringed City this one didn't seem to be summoning an army of archers to deal with them, along with the fact that the chamber was slightly dark and it didn't seem like anyone else was here.

"Such foolishness! The King's decree is no trifling matter! I, Judicator Argo, shall deliver justice to all of you." the giant said, showing that he wasn't pleased with the fact that they were in the middle of invading the church and were ignoring what Lord Gwyn had ordered the residents of the Ringed City to do so long ago, though even as the giant said that Sarana held her daggers at the ready while Martok did the same thing with his greatsword, before he channeled his power into the rest of the chamber that they were standing in, "Spear of the Church, sworn defender of our Princess Filianore! Harken to the call that summons you! Make haste!"

In that moment Tirek loosed a more powerful Dark Orb into the air and struck the giant, Judicator Argo, in the chest, which caused the giant to stagger and crash into the wall that was behind it, though not a few seconds later he noticed that the air shifted for a moment, like they were being invaded, before seeing someone in the painted guardian armor appear in the middle of the chamber, something that was followed by Martok rushing over to it and engaged with its his greatsword not a few seconds later, though as Tirek blew up Judicator Argo with another Dark Orb he felt another Invader, this one being one of the other Unkindled, breaching their world to answer the giant's summons. That was when Tirek found a very familiar sight, the Invader that was coming into their world was the scythe wielding lady who was wearing the attire of the Abyss Watchers, still missing the head piece since she didn't seem to like it all that much, before he noticed that she had a new weapon to use against those she fought, the scythe of Eldriede, complete with the second smaller scythe the traitor had summoned when she tapped into the shadow fire form that had been her last ditch effort against him, where it was clear that they stared at each other for a few seconds. In the next few moments Tirek discovered that the scythe lady still had the same skill and grace that she had used earlier, because once the painted guardian was done for, and Tirek made sure Judicator Argo was dead as well, the three of them rushed at her and attacked her before she had the chance to do the same thing to them, though she was capable of dodging the blades that belonged to Sarana and Martok, though Tirek found that the only thing that was capable of hitting her was one of the homing spells, hence the reason he picked the icy Soul version of the spell and struck their foe in the back, something that slowed her down to the point where both of his companions could lash out at the scythe lady before she had time to react to what they were doing. Even with that spell helping them out their foe was able to overcome their attacks for a few moments and swung her scythes at them, which caused Sarana and Martok to avoid the attacks at all costs, basically making this a stalemate right now, even though Tirek was sure that keeping the painted guardian alive would have allowed their foe to have a way to heal herself, but even as he thought about that he considered something as he created a sphere of each of the four elements, as in Fire, Soul, Dark, and Lightning, and combined the four spheres into a single attack.

Once he was sure the attack was ready, even if it would likely blast a hole in one of the walls, Sarana parried the incoming attacks and opened the lady's defenses so Martok could whack her right into the wall that was to the right of the entrance, though that was when Tirek hurled the Reorigination Sphere, his name for this attack, through the air and let it collide with the lady's chest, blowing a massive hole into the church, one that was likely around the same size as what was used when they fought Pontiff Sulyvahn, and since the lady was blown apart by the attack the only way they knew they had won was due to a Titanite Slabs appearing nearby and the fog preventing them from moving forward disappeared.

"Such an interesting powerful creature, we didn't actually fight such a creature and faced another Unkindled," Sarana said, though at the same time she headed through the door to the left of where Judicator Argo had been standing and found a set of stairs that lead right to a bonfire, one that she lit and beckoned for the others to sit around it with her, where they took a moment to rest and allowed the power of the flame to reform the wall that Tirek had destroyed, even though she knew that such a thing didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, especially when once they found the item Tirek was looking for, as once they found his Reality Stone they would be leaving the Ringed City.

Tirek nodded his head in agreement, as it had been a little refreshing in some manner, even though he had been thinking they would have fought a powerful warrior or even a wizard, not the same scythe lady that had bothered them a few times in the past, though once Sarana was ready the three of them walked over the short walkway that was in front of them and stepped into the passage that an elevator pad was resting in, one that they stepped on and tapped the button that was in the middle of it, which allowed it to rise up to the highest point it had access to, a diagonal set of stairs that lead them up to Filianore's resting place, something that was rather interesting when they discovered that. At the top of the stairs they found a door blocking the way, even though the three of them did think that it was rather surprising that the top of the tower was much smaller than what they had seen while they were wandering through the Ringed City, though that was the moment that Tirek nodded his head and Martok forced open the door, allowing them to enter Filianore's tower so they could figure out what was going on with this city and what else they needed to do, since Tirek was interested in finding a way down to the area that Midir had fallen into. When the door opened they found a large lady, who was wearing a white robe and happened to be resting on what the group assumed was a circular bed, even if she was propped up against the head area of the bed, though it didn't take a genius to figure out that this was Filianore, the sleeping child of Lord Gwyn that everyone in the city wanted to prevent them from reaching, and it appeared that her arms were resting on top of an egg of some kind, one that was cracked and seemed to have a hole in the upper part of it. In that moment the sound of the door opening didn't seem to do anything to Filianore, to which Tirek stepped up to where she was resting and lightly touched the shell, something that was followed by part of the shell breaking and then the entire thing shattered, even if he had don't done anything to make it happen, before the absence of the shell caused Filianore to stagger for a moment as she woke up and opened her eyes, but as she stared at them something interesting happened, a light emitted from all of the shell fragments and they had to cover their eyes for a moment.

When they were able to see again Tirek could see that things had changed, the windows of the tower's chamber had been broken, a section of the roof had collapsed, the room looked like it was decayed to some degree, and Filianore was dead, as it looked like her body had withered away and looked like a corpse while her dress had aged and was tattered in places, before they glanced outside and found that they were in what appeared to be the true end of the world, full of dust and ruined buildings, with a bonfire resting nearby that Sarana lit.

"So, she was using her power to keep an illusion over the Ringed City... interesting." Tirek commented, as he was able to figure out what was going on just by looking at the area they were in, even though he was sure he could see several ruins that were scattered throughout this endless desert, before he glanced through the opened section of the wall that was off to the right of the bonfire and wondered if it was the right way to go, as it seemed like there were some tracks that lead away from the structure they were in.

With that done the three of them walked through the opening that was resting nearby and headed outside, where it was easy to find someone off in the distance, crawling towards the area they were in, though from what the group could see it seemed like it might be one of the Pygmy Lords, the rulers of the Ringed City, only it seemed like someone had attacked it at some point and drained a whole lot of blood from it, possibly tearing out most of its soul in the process, or not if Tirek was wrong in his thoughts, though while it looked like the Pygmy Lord was heading towards Filianore's resting place it also looked like the creature was going to die before reaching it, before they eventually found an area that looked like a bowl and had several thrones resting around it... only to find a bloated figure, looking like the one that allowed them to access the Painted World, devouring the blood and soul of another Pygmy Lord, only to pause once his work was done.

"What, still here?" the knight commented, where he turned and faced the group as they stopped on top of the hill that let all of them stare down at the bloated and seemingly mental knight, though that was when he raised his left hand and held it out towards them for a moment, almost like he was going to beg them for something, something that caused Tirek and his companions to raise their weapons and their defenses, as they had the feeling that the knight was going to charge at them at some point in the very near future, "Hand it over... that thing, your dark soul. For my lady's painting."

Tirek had no idea what the knight was referring to, since he wasn't very familiar with the Dark Soul and what was going on in the Ringed City, though in that moment the knight seemed to lower his hand and then yanked his greatsword, one that looked like it was broken in half and happened to have a Pygmy Lord impaled on it, out of the ashen ground and hurled the corpse of one of his slain targets towards the group, where Tirek used his magic to knock the corpse away from them before they jumped backwards and put some distance between them and their foe, as they wanted to fight in the center of the bowl shaped area and not where the knight had been standing. While they did that Sarana made a comment before their foe caught up with them, as she recalled someone calling this knight 'Gael' at some point, be it someone from part of the Painted World or someone from their world, possibly Yuria given what she had told them in the past, before they had to move out of the way as Gael brought his greatsword down on the area Sarana was standing in and paused for a second as he noticed that he had missed his target, before glancing at his foes once more. That was followed by Gael jumping into the air and lunged forward, where he smashed into one of the stone thrones that were in this area, as Martok had been running behind it so he could attack his target from the side, so that meant the warrior had to dodge the attack and make sure he was out of Gael's range, which was when Sarana rushed by where their foe was standing and slashed into his arms for a moment, finding that their foe didn't seem to care and only jumped away before focusing on them once more, while at the same time Tirek blasted Gael in the chest with a Dark Orb, despite the fact that he still had to test the other types of magic to see what their foe was weak against. One thing Tirek discovered was something he knew that was going to make this battle harder than it needed to be, as Gael was much quicker than he thought the bloated figure would be, which did make him wonder if the power of the Dark Soul that happened to be inside him was allowing him to do things that would normally be impossible for him, like bending reality in a way, though one of Gael's next attacks ended with Martok actually being impaled by the ruined greatsword, where Gael lifted him up into the air for a moment and then hurled him through the air, something that made the warrior uses one of his Estus Flasks while Sarana cut into his back and Tirek loosed a set of Homing Soulmass at his foe, striking it with five icy spheres in a row before Gael jumped away from them.

Tirek found that Sarana also suffered the same attack, as Gael was faster than she was and was able to impale her just like he did to Martok a few moments ago, causing her to curse for a moment due to the fact that she was sure she had dodged the attack, though as Gael threw her through the air Tirek caught her with his magic and made sure that she was placed on the ground nearby, mostly to give her a chance to heal herself like Martok did, before he hurled a Fire Orb through the air and followed it with a Lightning Orb, where he came to determine that Gael was weak to Fire and Soul based spells and could resist Lightning and Dark spells. For a moment it seemed like their foe wanted to impale all three of them at some point, though Tirek did his best to dodge the incoming attacks and then threw his fist forward to parry the slash that Gael was sending his way, the collision of their attacks shaking the area they were in for a few seconds, before he repelled their foe and opened the way for Sarana and Martok to attack Gael for a few seconds before they backed off so neither of them got hit by the incoming attacks, but instead of their foe heading after either of them Gael focused solely on Tirek, almost as if he realized who was the more dangerous foe, which was actually just fine with them since it allowed Sarana and Martok to attack while their foe was distracted. As such Tirek made sure to empower his gauntlets with both of the elements that their foe was weak against, that way when he opened Gael's defenses he could punch him in the chest or maybe another part of his body in an effort to stun their foe, though the bloated part of his body seemed to be a bad idea given what they had seen earlier, and it wasn't long before he parried an incoming attack and knocked Gael backwards, opening the way for him to punch his foe's body several times as he pushed him across the area they were in, though once his foe seemed to regain himself Tirek moved out of the way and let both Sarana and Martok cut into him while he was distracted. That was when all of them went on the defensive as they did their best to avoid Gael's rapid attacks, even if most of it was all on Tirek and not on his companions, but doing that allowed him to turn the tide against their foe as he knocked Gael back a bit and opened the way for his companions to cut into his chest, before he blasted the lower part of his body with a Fire Orb, something that knocked him backwards and forced him to stagger as he fell to his knees for a few seconds, which was when the group kept their guards up since they had no idea what was going to happen next.

"Ah, what is this?" Gael inquired, though that was when he coughed for a few seconds and dark blood seemed to fall down onto the blade that he was carrying, where the group remained still as they waited to see what was going to happen next, all while Tirek watched as a decent amount of blood fell on the blade and the sky that was above them, which had been a bunch of sun rays, started to transform into something different, almost as if a storm might be starting to develop above them, before Gael shifted again, "Is this the blood... of the Dark Sign?"

As the sky darkened and lightning flashed, indicating the change to the environment that Gael and the power of the Dark Sign had to be causing, where it appeared that he had some sort of crimson mist emitting from the rest of his body as he thrust his ruined greatsword into the ground and pushed himself into a standing stance, though instead of taking on the more bestial stance that he had been using earlier, when the fight started, Gael stood straight like a true knight would and gripped his weapon with both of his hands, even though it was easy to see that he might have more planned for them this time around. This time it appeared that he was slowly walking over to the area that Tirek was standing in, who raised his gauntlets and channeled the two elements that would win this battle, which was around the time that Gael pulled out what appeared to be an arbalest and fired a bunch of arrows through the air, all of them rushing over to the area that Sarana and Martok were standing, where they avoided the incoming attacks as Tirek advanced on their foe and socked him right in the chest, knocking the bloated knight backwards and caused him to fire off a burst of the Way of the White Corona, or Lightning Discs as Tirek called it, though the interesting thing was that they eventually bounced backwards and headed back to the area that Gael was standing in, meaning he had to avoid the attack twice this time around. The big thing that Tirek had to worry about, in addition to all of the new tricks that Gael had added to the battle, was the fact that it seemed like the cape that his foe was wearing, which was also infected by the crimson mist, might actually be lashing out at him whenever Gael swung at him, so whatever part of his cape was pointing in Tirek's direction would result in another attack coming at him at the same time, meaning two attacks for the price of one, something that eventually caused Gael to stop for a moment and stagger as something happened. What happened was that Gael released a burst of crimson energy that would have knocked away anyone that was standing remotely close to where he was standing, even if they formed heads and rushed over to the area that Tirek happened to be standing in, who used a barrier to stop the incoming attacks, which was where he found that his magic cracked under the strain of the attacks, before Gael seemed to take off for a moment and flew right over to where his target was located, smashing through the barrier with ease as Tirek rolled to the side, all to avoid the incoming sword swing, fore blasting his foe's back with a Forbidden Sun.

Even as all of that happened eventually the lightning flashed and slammed down on the area they were fighting in, as in it was striking all over the bowl shaped area that they were fighting in, where the ruins had fallen due to the collision of their powers, though Tirek had the feeling that the rather aggressive attacks that were now coming his way meant that Gael had shifted into a third phase of sorts, based on what he had seen in the past from some of the other powerful creatures he and the others had faced, and that he was far more aggressive this time around. The shift into this phase added another skill to his foe's abilities, not counting the lightning that rained down on all of them while they fought, which was where he would spin through the air and fire arrows down on the area that Tirek was standing in, where all of the projectiles came from behind the cape Gael was wearing, something that required him to keep his guard up as he blasted his foe and used his gauntlets to parry whatever attacks were coming at him, which usually opened the way for Sarana and Martok to lash out at their foe, who was still ignoring them for some odd reason. After a time Gael staggered and did the burst of crimson energy that transformed into skulls, which rained down on the area that he happened to be standing in, before he rushed through the air and zeroed in on the area that Tirek was standing in, who used the Infinity Gauntlet and parried the attack, something that caused the entire they were in to shudder as their powers came into contact with each other, even though he was sure it was more of the fact that the Dark Soul's energy was colliding with the five Infinity Stones that were resting inside the gauntlet, like it might have realized what he was carrying, before he pushed Gael backwards and caused the flames to wrap around his right hand as he pierced Gael's chest with a fire version of the Lightning Blade attack he used a few times in the past. Gael coughed for a moment as Tirek did that, something that caused the sky to return to normal as he faced his own death, which was when he ripped his hand out of his foe's chest and watched as the blood of the Dark Soul started to gather in the space that was between him and Gael, where the knight's soul, which was mixed with all of the blood and souls he had devoured, served as the base for what was going on, even though Tirek focused on making sure that the fragments and power transformed into a ruby that happened to be the same size and shape of the other five Infinity Stones he had collected, before he slipped it into the final socket.

A surge of power rushed through both his body and the gauntlet as the Reality Stone was inserted into the final socket, to which he raised the Infinity Gauntlet and shifted his grip as he accessed one of the Infinity Stones, the Space Stone to be exact, and a portal opened in the space that was in front of him, meaning that the others would work as well and that he had gotten what he had come for, but once he was done testing the gauntlet he returned to the bonfire that appeared as Gael was defeated and they used it to return to the Ringed City, as there was one more thing he wanted to do before they brought an end to their main quest at long last.