• Published 3rd Oct 2020
  • 993 Views, 95 Comments

Dark Souls 3: Cinders of Power - Blackdrag-rose



Tirek awakens to find himself in a state of undeath, in a foreign land, and must use everything at his disposal to survive the dangers that await him.

  • ...
33
 95
 993

Wolf and Demon

Despite the fact that they had to walk through the swamp, and suffer the effects of the poison some more, it didn't take Tirek, Sarana, and Martok long to return to the bonfire that was located near the stone door, which had opened now that the three braziers in front of it were lit, something that made sense due to the fact that they had extinguished the three flames that was connected to it. Instead of heading for the door, and moving forward, Tirek had them walk back to the bonfire and head back to the shrine, as they had an Estus Shard to hand over, a coal to give to the blacksmith, and one of the Undead Bone Shards to burn, not to mention empowering themselves with the souls they had picked up during their walk through the swamp. As such they quickly returned to the shrine and found that the Fire Keeper was waiting for them to return from searching the land for the missing Lords of Cinder, even if they hadn't found any of them yet, but as they did that Tirek noticed that Anri and Horace were gone, having returned to their version of the lands that they had been traveling through, though he let his companions talk to the Fire Keeper first. He was more interested in seeing if there were any new arrivals in the shrine, sort of like how Yuria was a new arrival when they returned from the Cathedral of the Deep, but as he explored the rest of the area he found that there were no new people to talk to, which was fine since it meant he could return to the Fire Keeper and take his turn.

Once his companions were done spending their souls, and were standing by the bonfire, he made sure to empower his body even further and stood up once he was done with the Fire Keeper, to which he walked over to Sarana and Martok and they used it to teleport back to the ruined structure that was near the massive stone door they had opened, as it was time to come to a decision on what to do next.

"So, do we tackle the area that the Abyss Watchers is in, or is there something else we should be looking at?" Martok asked, because he was curious as to whether or not they were going to remain in the swamp, an area that none of them were all that fond of, even though he was of the opinion that they should head through the stone door and see what was on the other side, since it likely held a path towards the first Lord of Cinder.

"I would like to see where that ladder leads," Tirek replied, mostly because it seemed to be out of place, when he took a moment to consider the vast swamp that rested all around them, and he wanted to see what it lead to, since he noticed that Sarana seemed interested in the area as well, meaning that there had to be something up there that might help them as they searched for the Lords of Cinder, even though he was hoping the Abyss Watchers were just beyond the stone door and weren't elsewhere, like what happened with Aldrich, otherwise he would be very annoyed.

Sarana headed out the moment Tirek was done talking, to which he and Martok followed after her and walked down the path that was in front of them, which brought them back down to the area that the tower with the slugs was in, where Tirek set them on fire with a Fire Orb and gathered the souls as they moved on towards the ladder, as this was a good way to show that he was getting some power from the various amounts of souls they collected. It wasn't long before the three of them came to a stop at the bottom of the ladder, where three more slugs were blocking the way, though Tirek quickly removed them by making sure to set all of them on fire with another spell, though he found that it was a rather good thing that he had picked up his fire spells before coming here, otherwise this place would have sucked even more than it already did. Once that was done Sarana jumped up onto the ladder and started to climb up to the area that was directly above the area they had been walking in, where Tirek and Martok followed after her and found that they were going to be higher than the rest of the swamp, but as they did that one of the Elder Ghru seemed to notice them and quickly rushed over to the area the ladder was in, though since it couldn't climb after them there was nothing for Tirek and his companions to even worry about. It wasn't long before they reached the top of the ladder and pulled themselves onto the stone walkway that it had brought them to, one that seemed to wrap around the entirety of the square support pillar that they were on the side of, even though Tirek wasn't sure they would be bale to reach the top of the bridge that their pillar was attached to, despite the fact that Sarana seemed to think that something was up there.

What was interesting was the fact that there just so happened to be an opening to their right, which would allow them to enter the insides of the pillar, though as they did that Tirek found something that was more interesting than what they had discovered so far, there was a massive old wolf resting off to the left of the entrance, who seemed to be sleeping right now, and it had a number of blades resting around it... though there was also a bonfire and a lift that might actually allow them to reach the top of the bridge.

"What is that?" Tirek asked, though he wasn't asking if it was a wolf or anything, since that would be stupid and would make him look like an utter fool in the eyes of his companions, but he was sure that Sarana or Martok might know a thing or two about the sleeping wolf and might be willing to tell him what they knew, just so he understood what he was seeing at the moment, especially since he was a little interested in the large blades that rested around the beast.

"The Old Wolf of Farron, the leader of the Covenant that watches over the Abyss Watchers," Sarana stated, where her words reminded Tirek of the trio of Invaders they had seen earlier, who had been lead by the scythe wielding lady that had killed him, though he wasn't entirely sure why they should even care about something like this and remained silent as she explained what was going on, "basically if we pledge ourselves to the Old Wolf, and he accepts us, we'll be able to join the Watchdogs of Farron, the group that came and attacked us earlier, meaning that we'll be able to invade other worlds and attack whoever is intruding upon Crucifixion Woods and Farron Keep."

"So we can invade other worlds, track down the other Unkindled, and kill them for trespassing in this area," Tirek said, though he did like the sound of that, because it sounded like if they killed one of the other Unkindled, while being one of the Invaders that intruded on other worlds, they might get some souls for their efforts, maybe enough to have the Fire Keeper empower themselves when they got back to the shrine, before a smile appeared on his face as he turned towards the slumbering wolf, "Very well then, I think we'll see how well we fare as Watchdogs."

Sarana and Martok said nothing to that as the Old Wolf seemed to stir for a moment, as he actually opened his eyes and turned his head to look at them for a second or two, something that neither of them were expecting to see happen, as the tales told that the Old Wolf slept all the time and barely opened his eyes to look at whoever stood before him, before he shifted his paws for a moment and pushed three medallions towards Tirek, only to let them go as he quickly returned to the sleeping position he had been in a few seconds ago.

"Well, it seems that he is willing to accept us as Watchdogs," Sarana commented, where she picked up the medallions and made sure that both Tirek and Martok had one of them, though that was when she slipped hers over her neck and watched as the others did the same thing, even if Tirek took a moment to stare at the wolf emblem that was on the round surface of the medallion, "Now, according to what I've heard, all we have to do is wear these medallions, marking us as members of the Watchdogs of Farron covenant, which will call us to the worlds of the various Unkindled that might be intruding on the areas I mentioned a few moments ago."

Tirek opened his mouth, so he could say something to that, before he paused and noticed a slight shift in the air as he and his companions seemed to be fading out of their reality, which had to be what Sarana was talking about, meaning that they were actually being called to the world of an Unkindled that was trespassing in one of the areas that were the domain of the Abyss Watchers. A few moments later they reappeared in part of the Crucifixion Woods, right outside the area that the two exile knights were guarding, and their bodies were blue colored and they had a red tint to parts of their bodies, just like the Invaders that had intruded upon their world after they defeated the lone sage that had been guarding the way to the Cathedral of the Deep. Instead of moving immediately, and starting the hunt for their target, Tirek remained still for a time and studied the area that was in front of them, because so far it looked like whoever this world belonged to hadn't even walked down the path from the fortress that they first found Anri in, meaning they could plan an ambush out and their target would have no idea what was going on. As such the three of them moved out and headed over to the area that was near the end of the walkway, that way they could move behind their foe, without them noticing that they even had company, and then they could box their foe between them and the natural enemies of this area, where Tirek found out an interesting development, that being that none of the enemies of the Crucifixion Woods seemed interested in attacking him or his companions.

He considered that to be a good thing, as it meant that they wouldn't be revealed that easily, and it wasn't long before he heard the sound of someone fighting the first couple of pike hollows, where they waited for a few seconds and found that their target was a young lady that was wearing the herald armor they had found after the sage's area, meaning she had to be a herald, and she had a spear in her right hand with a large shield in her left hand. She seemed to be taking the area one foe at a time, as she deliberately pulled one of the pike hollows to her and made sure the others didn't follow her target, where she shielded herself against the incoming attack and then lashed out with her spear a few times, stabbing the hollow a few times before it collapsed on the ground, definitely dead, before she moved forward again. Tirek had to admit that it was interesting to see a cautious foe for once, instead of how aggressive the Invaders had been when they were the ones being invaded, but that didn't prepare her for when they actually stepped out of where they were waiting and revealed themselves to the lady. She seemed ready for a fight as soon as she saw Sarana and Tirek, who dodged the incoming attacks that she sent at them with her spear, but Martok stood his ground and the tip of her spear bounced off his armor, where he retaliated by swinging his greatsword at her and it bit into the side of her shield, while also doing a bit of damage to her left arm as well, before Tirek loosed a Fire Orb at her back, giving Martok enough time to get out of the way before the spell hit his target.

As the lady rushed towards the water, to put herself out, Sarana noticed that head of time and got in front of her in a matter of seconds, where she lashed out with her blade and cut into the exposed parts of the lady's armor, showing Tirek that she was definitely skilled with her dagger, as she took the knife they found from one of the crow hollows earlier, and it wasn't long before the lady collapsed and turned to ash, returning the three of them to their world, surprising him for a moment since he was sure they would have been there longer.

"She must not have boosted the amount of damage she could take," Sarana commented, as she knew that Tirek was going to make a comment about what had happened to the lady and how easy it was for the three of them to kill her, even though they had just ruined her day, before glancing at the metallic leaf, which had a bloodstain on it, that they had been rewarded with for killing that lady, "and we got something that we can give to the Old Wolf, to show him that we've done our duty, or we can wait till we have more and turn them all in at the same time."

Tirek said nothing to that as he stashed the leaf in his pack and rested at the bonfire, mostly so he could wait and see how long it would take for them to be called to another world, to hunt down another Unkindled and kill them, but he had to admit that doing this was worth it, as he was sure they had gotten all of the souls that the herald had been carrying on her, or at least she had dropped her souls upon death and they got an echo of what she had been in possession of. That told him that the more Unkindled they killed the more souls they would get for their efforts, meaning they would be able to empower themselves a few times before even heading through the massive stone door and continuing on towards the area that the Abyss Watchers were located in. Martok didn't see to care about what they had just done, meaning he might be okay with them invading other worlds and killing the Unkindled that are there, but he said nothing as he and Sarana sat by the bonfire as well, allowing themselves to take a moment and rest while they waited for the medallions to react to another intruder that might have entered the area. Fortunately they didn't have to remain sitting all that long, as not a few seconds later they started to disappear from the area they were in and reappeared in a brand new area, as this time they were in the part of the ruins that Orbeck had been hiding in, meaning they had to leave the ruins and see if they could find the Unkindled that lived in this world.

This time around Tirek found something interesting as they walked out of the ruins that they had appeared in, there was a blue spirit off in the distance, by where the opening to the black knight was located, and there was a second one up on the path that lead down into this area, showing him that whoever they were here to kill had either summoned some allies or they were using that covenant item that Anri and Horace gave them earlier. Sarana, seeing them as well, told him that the blue spirits were Blue Sentinels, Unkindled from other worlds that came to the aid of someone that was assaulted by Invaders, meaning that as soon as they had come into this particular world the covenant had called two allies to aid this Unkindled against them, making it three versus three now. From what Tirek could see their target was a sorcerer this time around, which was good if he could get his hands on the man's neck, as the Unkindled in question was male, though the others were definitely female, the one near the black knight being a knight while the other seemed to have no identity, as it looked like she just put on whatever she thought was nice, meaning she was wearing a mismatched set of armor and didn't seem to care. Based on everything that he was seeing at the moment Martok would be more than capable of taking care of the knight, while Sarana could hunt down and kill the mismatched warrior before she even knew what hit her, so he could focus on taking care of the sorcerer that was their main target, to which the three of them moved out from where they were standing and headed out into the woods that were in front of them.

The plan was simple, Martok was going to make some noise and make the knight come over to where he was located, leaving Sarana and Tirek to take down their foes while the knight was distracted, and as such the three of them split up to make that a reality, where it wasn't long before their enemies noticed that Martok was even there and the knight rushed out to meet him in battle. Sarana, seeing that happen, took up a position that allowed her to see the air of enemies that were left and pulled out the bow that they had collected, back during their visit to the High Wall, where she nocked one of her arrows and focused on the warrior that was near the sorcerer, only to wait for a few seconds and then let go, which was where Tirek watched as the arrow went flying through the air and struck the warrior in the side, pulling her away from the sorcerer in the process. This time around Tirek stepped out and let the sorcerer see him, where they stared at each other for a few seconds as their companions fought each other, before they even reacted to what was going on, as both of them drew their staffs and loosed several Soul Arrows into the air, both the normal and the Heavy variety, where all of the attacks collided with each other and let out small explosions as that happened. Tirek had to admit that this foe was much better than the other sorcerer he had faced, even though that one hadn't been a fair fight in the eyes of the one he fought, since it was an ambush that Sarana and Martok had assisted him with, but, at the same time, he shifted his other hand and loosed a pair of Fire Orbs at his foe, who only saw them as they came out of the smoke that was created by the small explosions their Soul Arrows had created.

The Fire Orbs knocked the sorcerer back and forced him into the water that was behind him, where Tirek stepped up and grabbed onto his neck before he could move away from the area that he landed in, to which he lifted the sorcerer into the air and grinned for a moment as he drained all of the power from his foe's body, dropping the withered body into the water once all of his power and souls were his, just in time to see Sarana and Martok end their own opponents before they returned to their world.

"I might not be getting much power from them, but these snacks are worth the effort," Tirek remarked, as the power he was stealing from the various sorcerers that they encountered was barely even a percent in the grand scheme of his true power, rather they were mere fragments of a percentage, though the souls that he was taking from them was worth all of the effort that went into beating the various Unkindled they were invading the worlds of, as that would allow him to empower himself further whenever they returned to the shrine.

"Its good to see that someone is enjoying themselves," Sarana said, because she honestly didn't care about what they were doing at the moment, since they should have been heading to the area that the Abyss Watchers were waiting in, but Tirek was the leader of their little group and if he wanted to stay and harass some of the other worlds, or break a few due to breaking the Unkindled of that world, then she was going to wait until he was ready to go, even though she did glance at the stone elevator that might take them to the top of the bridge.

Tirek didn't have anything to say to that, even though it was partly true, as he was having a little fun breaking all of the Unkindled that they came across, regardless of the effects to the worlds that they were invading, but that was when they disappeared once more and appeared in the poisonous swamp this time, showing that whoever they were after was much further than their other targets had been. That interested Tirek more than he was originally thinking, though the part that he was focused on was the fact that they had been placed in the area of the third flame, the final one that they had taken out, to which they approached the edge of the area and started to look for their newest target, since there was no telling how many of the other flames had been extinguished, even if this one was still on fire. Of course that was before Sarana spotted their target and waved Tirek and Martok over, where they found the Unkindled in question, a knight that wore the armor of the knights from Lothric Castle, and happened to be carrying the sword and shield as well, that was in the middle of fighting a pair of Elder Ghru, the same two that they had seen earlier. As such Tirek held out a hand and beckoned for his companions to stay where they were, to which the three of them watched as the unfortunate knight dug his own grave as he fought the two foes at the same time, where they buried him in the murky water with their uprooted trees, despite the fact that he tried to use his Estus Flasks to heal himself, showing them that he was either wearing too much or he was terrible at fighting two opponents at the same time.

As it turned out they didn't have to do anything this time around, as their target was easily overcome by the dangers of the swamp and was soon slain by the pair of Elder Ghru, allowing them to return to their world with the rewards, as if they had been the ones to kill the Unkindled and not the inhabitants of this world, and it wasn't long before they returned to the chamber that the Old Wolf was in.

Tirek glanced at his companions for a moment, as none of them were actually expecting to be called to a world where such a thing was happening, but he wasn't about to complain about it as they sat around the bonfire for a few moments, or rather he and Martok did that as Sarana headed outside for a time, no doubt to look out at the swamp and wait for the next invasion to happen. What she actually did was walk along the edge of the walkway that wrapped around the outside of the area they were in and left his view for a moment, where he didn't have to wait long for some new light to enter the chamber and found that she had found a secret opening and had opened it, before she disappeared for a second and he heard the sound of something being cut, possibly a small crystal lizard. Once that was done she returned to them and sat at the bonfire, where she revealed a piece of Twinkling Titanite that she put in her pack, meaning Tirek's thoughts had been correct once he heard that noise, but before he could say anything their medallions sensed a new intruder in the area the Watchdogs watched over and pulled them to the world in question. This time around, instead of them appearing in an area as a group, Tirek appeared in the ruins near the lone sage and found that he was alone, meaning Sarana and Martok were either summoned to a different world or they were elsewhere in this one, to which he moved out to see if he could find the Unkindled that was his next target, and if his companions were here as well. What he discovered was that all of the enemies in the ruins were dead, showing that whoever he was here to kill had already come through this area and that they had to be elsewhere, to which he headed out of the ruins and walked over to the area that the crabs were in, as he would be able to see what was going on from that area.

That was before he came to a stop as he discovered a rather interesting sight, there were a number of phantoms that had the coloration of the Watchdogs gathered in front of the area that lead down into Farron Keep, at least ten of them by his count, something that he considered to be unheard of since three seemed to be the highest number he had seen since he and his companions started doing this sort of thing, and they were in the middle of fighting someone. His eyes widened as he noticed the Unkindled that he was supposed to kill this time, as there was a young lady wearing a set of black dyed leather armor, with a single metal gauntlet over her left hand, and had a tattered red cape while wearing no helmet, that was fighting the group of ten, and her weapon this time was still a scythe, only this time it looked like it weighed less than the scythe he had picked up earlier and seemed to have a frigid aura to it. Tirek came to the conclusion that the scythe was a frost type weapon, like Vordt and that smaller knight they had fought some time ago, though from what he could tell the lady was capable of moving with a level of speed and grace that nearly reminded him of the Dancer that had killed him and Sarana at the start of their adventure, as she was able to dance around the attacks that were coming her way and was able to lash out in response, cutting into her foes before they could hit her. What was interesting was two of the ten foes looked like the pair of warriors that Tirek had seen when the scythe lady invaded their world for the first time, the Lothric knight and the fallen knight as he recalled, and they seemed conflicted about what they were supposed to do, as in do they do their duty and kill their comrade or stand down and be slain in battle.

Such a thought didn't bother the lady at all, as she went to town on the Watchdogs that had been called to her world and cut them down as they tried to bring her down, showing Tirek that she was much more skilled than he thought he was when he first spotted her, and it wasn't long before the knights, warriors, sorcerers, and the rest of the Watchdogs were cut down and scattered upon the area around her, sending the defeated Unkindled back to their worlds.

It was in that moment that, as the last of the Watchdogs fell, Sarana and Martok, who had been placed somewhere else in this area, rushed out from where they were hiding and seemed to be in the mood for attacking the lady while her defenses down, especially after seeing how strong and quick she was, and the lady responded immediately, spinning the scythe so that the head caught the incoming attack that Martok was sending her way and knocked him backwards, which surprised Tirek a little and made him file that information away for the future. Sarana lashed out with her own weapon as that happened, intending on attacking while the lady's defenses were open, only for Tirek to be surprised when the lady used the handle of her weapon to parry the attack and knock Sarana backwards, showing him that some of the worlds they could be invading had really tough Unkindled and that they might be in over their heads. It was odd seeing both of his companions in this situation, where they were trying to hurt a foe and found that neither of them could really hit the lady that they were fighting, like she was a higher powered being that had come back to this area to harass anyone that invaded her world or something, and it wasn't long before she jumped into the air and landed behind Martok, where Tirek watched as the warrior's head rolled onto the ground, showing that the lady had cleaved his head clean off, before she got up and focused on Sarana. There the pair lashed out at each other, their attacks colliding with each other without either of them seeming to gain any ground in the grand scheme of things, which was why Tirek jumped down into the water so he could rush over to where his companion was fighting, intending on blasting the lady from behind so they could take her down and return to their world.

What actually happened was that the lady and Sarana separated from each other for a split second and then rushed at each other again, where the lady's scythe seemed to overcome all of Sarana's attacks and then cut her down, though as Tirek arrived in the area, and raised his hand to throw some Fire Orbs at her, the lady swung her weapon at him without even taking a second to see who he was... and the next thing he knew he was back at the bonfire near the Old Wolf, where his companions were sitting around it as well.

"Well, that's disappointing." Tirek remarked, though at the same time he gripped the medallion he was wearing and took it off so he could return it to his pack, something that both Sarana and Martok did as well, since they were following his lead on these sorts of things, before noticing that the only thing they had lost was their souls, causing him to growl for a moment, "So, since we lost our souls, I guess we have to return to the area that we were slain in to get them, just like if we were slain by the enemies of our own world, which is good, since I would rather not lose those souls."

"Indeed, it is as you say," Sarana said, showing Tirek that he had hit the nail on the head and that he was learning the way this world worked as he discovered more about it, before she paused for a moment as she considered what they had gone up against earlier, while Martok, of course, remained silent as he waited for them to stop talking and determine what they were going to do next, "You know, that lady would have made a decent addition to the Black Hand, if she wasn't from another world, not to mention whatever problems she might have."

Tirek raised his eyebrow for a moment, as this was the first time that Sarana had even mentioned the Black Hand, but right now he was more interested in getting his souls back and focused on teleporting back to the bonfire that was outside the ruined fort that lead to where the lone sage had been, though it didn't take his companions long to figure out what he was doing and joined him in moving themselves back to that area. Once they arrived it was a simple matter of jumping down into the watery area of the woods and started to make their way to the area that they had died in a few moments ago, where they found their souls resting where they had died in the lady's world and quickly recovered them, which Tirek was pleased with the fact that no one came for them now that they had taken off the medallions. With their souls picked up, and no reason to remain in the Crucifixion Woods, the three of them headed back to the bonfire and took out the Great Crab that was in their way, since those things were persistent and didn't want them to leave the area alive, as well as some of the pike hollows and the undead dog that was in the way. Once they returned to the bonfire it didn't take them all that long to return to where the Old Wolf was located, as Tirek was interested in seeing where the square elevator might take them and it seemed that his companions agreed with him to some degree, which was the reason that they walked over to the elevator and stood on it, allowing Sarana to press the button and let them ascend towards the top area that it was attached to.

When they reached the top of the shaft, however, the group found that they were near the top of the bridge, looking out at the water that rested outside the walls of Farron Keep, which also rested between the cliff that Lothric Castle was resting on and the area the Cathedral of the Deep was in, but as they walked out onto the walkway, and headed up the set of stairs that would take them to the top of the bridge, Tirek paused for a second as he spotted a large earthen creature that was patrolling the end of the bridge that rested in front of them.

"Great, there's a demon up here." Sarana commented, as while she knew there had to be something up here, mostly due to the fact that she had heard a number of groans and other noises coming from this area, she really wasn't expecting to see something like this in this area, though at the same time Martok raised his weapon and prepared himself, showing Tirek that they were in for a fight, "Look, demons are a dying race, born of the Chaos Flame, and without that particular flame they'll soon be gone from the world, which is the watered down version of what you need to know... just be careful, these guys are resistant to fire spells, so you'll need to switch back to your soul spells."

"I see." Tirek remarked, where he switched his pyromancy flame for his staff, which the latter allowed him to use the soul based magic of this world and the former only worked with fire type, something that he was used to now, even if he was interested in the other elements he might unlock at some point, but he pushed all of that to the back of his mind as the three of them approached the area that the demon was in, as it was time to take down the creature that was in front of them, search the area that was around them, and then make their way to their true target.

The demon roared as they entered the area that it seemed to be guarding, even if nothing was here in the first place, and brought its large earthen mace down on where they were standing, causing Sarana and Martok to roll to the sides to avoid the attack while Tirek jumped backwards and loosed a Heavy Soul Arrow at their foe, blasting the demon in the chest and doing some damage in the process. While he did that his companions attacked the demon and dodged the large mace that it swung at them, even though it appeared that they were targeting its legs and nothing else, which would have been interesting to Tirek if they weren't busy trying to fight the creature that they had pissed off by walking into the area that it was guarding. Fortunately it appeared that the three of them were more than enough to deal with the demon, as it was hard for it to hit any of them, and after a few moments of battling them, and missing, Martok hacked into the creature's left leg and shattered it, causing the demon to fall to the ground as the other leg shattered, limiting what it was allowed to do as it tried, in vain, to lash out at the three of them. That allowed the group to crush the demon with their might, where both Sarana and Martok continued hacking into the creature's rocky hide as Tirek loosed several more Heavy Soul Arrows into the demon's back and chest, weakening their foe even more as the seconds went by, something that allowed both of his companions to really deal some damage to the creature. As such it wasn't long before the three of them brought down the creature and it collapsed in a heap in front of them, where Tirek watched as it and the fragments of its body dissolved into a soul that all three of them gained, just like the powerful beings they had take out so far, something that was a rather nice surprise, as it meant more power in the future.

With the demon slain the three of them stood there for a moment, taking in the fact that they had defeated another powerful creature and taken its soul, even if this one was rather easy in the grand scheme of things, before they started to pick up the items in the area, finding a greataxe and a pair of embers in the process, allowing them to head back to where the stairs were located, so they could move out of the area, only for Sarana to stop for a moment.

"Is something wrong?" Martok asked, something that he seemed fond of asking, since Tirek recalled the same thing being said when he stopped when the first Invaders came into their world, though at the same time he gripped the handle of his greatsword and waited for Sarana to tell him what was going on, where Tirek stopped as well and glanced out at the area that was around them, since he saw nothing else to worry about.

"There's a walkway over there," Sarana replied, pointing at the path that was attached to the side of the bridge, above the area that the elevator was in, meaning that if they were careful they would be able to move beyond the strange locked gate that was right above the shaft they would be heading down soon enough, where Tirek noticed that the walkway was split into two or three fragments, "we might be able to find some Titanite over there, to strengthen our weapons, along with whatever else might be resting over there."

Tirek thought about it for a moment, as he was now curious as to what might be over there, to which he walked over to the area that Sarana was talking about and found that there was an area that they could jump down to, where he was joined by his companions not even a few seconds later, showing that even Martok was interested in seeing what was in the area that had been pointed out to them. From there they dropped down onto the ledge that was in front of them and then did the same thing again, which allowed them to walk forward and find a ruined part of the bridge that they could walk up onto, where a wyvern was collapsed on the bridge, probably dead from something, so that told Tirek that there might be something here they could salvage for whatever the future held for them. It was in that moment that Sarana rushed over to the area that the downed wyvern was in, where Tirek spotted two small crystal lizards in the area she was heading to, and watched as she slew the pair before they could get away from her, only for her to walk over to them with a pair of the large Titanite shards and a piece of paper that detailed the Lightning Spear spell, which interested him a little. The only thing he considered to be a downside was the fact that he didn't have a chime, the tool that allowed someone to cast the lightning spells, or miracles as some called them, meaning he would have to find one at some point to cast this spell and use it against their enemies, and it was possible that the Handmaiden might have one.

The only other thing they had to worry about was another small crystal lizard, a shield that was on the ground, and a group of hollowed peasants, like the ones that had been wandering around the High Wall, though it wasn't long before the three of them found a way back to the other side of the gate and headed back down to where the Old Wolf was located, as it was time to turn in some souls and then make their way towards the Abyss Watchers.