• Published 26th Mar 2019
  • 4,412 Views, 22 Comments

Doing Loving Things - HeideKnight



You have an important question for Starlight. And no, it can't wait.

  • ...
5
 22
 4,412

Petting

You and Starlight sit on a bench by the lake’s edge. The sound of waterfall is calming and nerve wracking. Starlight watches the water, tail around her hooves, and smiles. You suck air. You want to ask her. You grasp the box in your pocket, but stop when she looks into your eyes. Your courage fails.

“What’s wrong?” Starlight asks. You’re sure your face was steady. You were too focused on your expression, in fact. But she detected your feelings anyway. You’re transparent to her. It’s one of the many reasons you’re with her.

You release the box and withdraw your pocketed hand. Nothing, you tell her, but she looks unconvinced. You look down. She places her hoof beneath your chin and lifts. She locks eyes with you. You know it’s inescapable. Starlight is worried about you. She’ll drill you until you admit what’s on your mind. You’ll have to distract her.

You smile. Her expression is unchanged; she continues searching your eyes.

“You know you can tell me anything,” she says. You miss a breath.

You nod, then reach out your hand. You tuck your fingers into her mane, then drag them through her ponytail. She stiffens and drops her hoof. She flushes.

“W-what are you doing,” Starlight asks. You caress her mane, then drag your fingers across her neck and cup her cheek. She lowers her head and hides her expression.

You slide closer and brush your thumb against her face. She looks up at you. Her eyes are shy.

“Wait… stop,” she says, but leans into your touch. She nuzzles your palm and closes her eyes. You think yourself lucky to know her. You withdraw your hand and she whines. She looks disgruntled, but melts when you wrap her in your arms.

She’s trembling. You trail your fingers up and down her back. She shivers. You withdraw an inch and look at her. She’s staring up at you, too. You lean in toward her lips, movements deliberate and slow. She leans in, too.

Brrrriiiiiiiing

You both jump. Starlight separates from you, ears back, eyes on the school. The doors swing open and students swell the grounds. Many are holding paper bags and trays. They settle in groups on the grass and along the lake edge. You look at your watch. 12:15, lunch time. You look at Starlight. She’s facing away, but you can see her cheeks. They’re red. You both sit in silence while the school buzzes around you.