• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 2,975 Views, 67 Comments

Help Is On The Way - Brony Eagle Scout



Twilight is trapped in some magical ruins out west and its up to Rainbow Dash to bring her back home

  • ...
3
 67
 2,975

Hope

Rainbow Dash spun around, trying to find the voice. The sound of horseshoe on chalkboard started again, this time closer to Rainbow Dash. Her head whipped from side to side, trying to figure where the sound was coming from. Suddenly, it stopped and the only sound left in the room was Dash's quick breathing. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself before starting to move forward.

She put her back against the wall and pulled her knife out with her free hoof. She shuffled to the left and kept her eyes forward. She passed a pile of rubble and saw a tail disappear behind a fallen column. She tried to get better angle to see where it went. She moved to grab her radio but the sudden loudness of laughter froze her still.

"Ah ah ah. No need to call for help." A bolt of green magic shot toward Dash. She dropped to the ground and narrowly missed the bolt. She tried to figure out where it came from before rolling to the side to dodge another bolt. She looked up to try and find the next bolt as a white stallion ran toward her with a long kitchen knife in his magic. He dragged the knife against some rocks, creating that awful noise she heard from before.

She jumped into the air and tried to fly away from Altmane. "Awww... That's not fair." He said as he fired off another spell. Rainbow Dash looked behind her as a bolt of green magic enveloped her wings. They contracted back against her sides and she fell back down into the sand. Dash groaned in pain as she sat up. She grunted as she tried to unfurl her wings but they didn't respond.

"It's not nice to run away from other ponies." Altmane called out from where she flew away from.
Dash got on her hooves and hid behind a pillar. "Arrow, I found Altmane. He's trying to kill me." Dash whispered into her radio.

"Shit, I'll double time it to you but a cave in blocked the only way out of my room. Just keep him busy and stay out of sight." Arrow whispered back.

Dash peeked around the side and caught a better look at Altmane. His pristine white coat had a large bloodstain on his right leg and his mane look burnt in some places. He had a manic look in his eyes as scanned the room for the cyan pegasus. Dash ducked her head back out of sight before slowly exhaling her breath. She sneaked back behind some rocks before checking again for Altmane.


Suddenly, Savant's voice filled the room. "Sorry, I was gone from the radio for a bit. Anypony got something to report?"

Altmane whipped his head around and caught Dash ducking back behind the rocks.

"Oh damn it Savant." Dash screamed in her head

"It's not nice to talk behind pony's backs." Altmane said.

Dash felt her wings twitch and she quickly curled up into the fetal position as her cover was blown apart from a spell. The explosion tore the radio off her vest but left her body alone. She scrambled back onto her hooves and galloped to find more cover. More explosion spells went off behind her as she ran back to the way she crawled in. The explosions stopped as she slid behind a fallen pillar.

Silence filled the room again as Dash tried to control her breathing. She noticed her knife in the sand next to her but it was a few feet in the open where Altmane would see her. She lay on her stomach and crawled toward the other end of the pillar. She peeked around the corner and saw Altmane coming toward her but he was heading to where she was before. Dash tip hoofed toward the other end of the room as Altmane yelled out in anger.

"Oh goodie, I pissed him off." Dash mumbled to herself as she watched his reaction.

"It seems the light won't be needed anymore." Altmane said loudly to himself. Suddenly, the few lanterns in the room started dim in intensity. Dash's vision slowly turned to pitch black as she fumbled around to find her light. A small crackling noise came from Altmane as he produced a small light from his horn.

Dash saw the spark before returning behind her cover. She gripped the light in her hoof as she searched around for a small enough rock to hold. She smashed the rock against the wall next to her and Altmane walked silently toward the noise. Dash climbed on top a stack of stones and waited for the right chance.

Altmane got to the broken pieces of rock and swung his knife at her old hiding spot. She jumped into the air toward Altmane as he turned his back to her. He turned around and got an eye full of L.E.D. He covered his face in surprise and in pain as the large knife dropped from his magical grip. He pulled his hooves away from his face as two metal horseshoes gave his face a new tattoo.

A solid "thunk" reverberated in the room as the force of the buck put Altman on his back. He lay motionless as Dash's breathed deeply after her little trap.

"I told you my shoes wanted to meet a new face." Dash said as she plopped down onto the sand. She looked at Altmane and saw his chest rise and falls in the rhythm of shallow breathing. She turned on her light again and started to check over herself again. Several burn marks covered her fur and part of her tail was gone. She went to grab the radio but found nothing. She groaned in annoyance as she got up again to pick up her knife.

She got back to the front of the room and clicked the knife back into place. Dash looked down the hallway she came from and heard muffled crashing from the last room.
"Crap that has to be Kalros." Dash thought. She turned to leave the room before she noticed something. Altmane wasn't lying on the ground anymore. She scanned the room for the unicorn as the crashing started to get louder. Dash looked at the front of room in alarm before moving to the exit. Altmane tackled Dash into the sand and held her fore legs down. His white face was mostly red now, maybe because of the blood or of the anger he showed.

"You won't escape this time." He said as he gripped Dash's knife with magic. Dash held a disinterested expression on her face as she shifted her body under his grip.

"There's no need to struggle. Any last words?" Altmane said as he aimed the blade at Dash's throat.

"Yeah, I hope Kalros kills you slowly." Dash said as she kicked her leg into Altmane's crotch.

His eyes almost jumped out of his skull as he dropped the knife to the side. He squeaked in pain as he fell over. Dash grabbed the knife and light before she ran toward the exit. She hid behind a column as Kalros burst through the rocks blocking the entrance.

Altmane sat up and tried to welcome the chimera. "There is a pegasus that got past me. Go get her." Altmane ordered. Kalros looked at the exit but returned his gaze onto Altmane. "What are you waiting for, an invite from Blueblood? Go get her!" Altmane yelled. Kalros growled and stepped toward him. "No, I released you. You said you would leave me be. No. NOOO!" Altmane tried scramble backwards but Kalros bit into Altmane's leg and dragged him back into hallway. "Ahhhh... Someone help me. Please, I'm sorry for what I did. Help me! HELLL..." The cries were silenced by a loud crack.

"Now that's what I call poetic justice." Dash thought as she left the room.


She tried opening her wings again as she walked but to no avail. She continued down the hallway and ran face first into a wooden door. She rubbed her muzzle before looking at the door. She saw the handle and tried to wrap her hoof around the door. She pulled with all her might but the door wouldn't budge. Dash growled as she pulled out her light to check what was stopping her. The sides of the door looked clear and there was locking mechanism on the door. She looked down at the sand in frustration as she noticed the stalwart object that impeded her progress.

"You gotta be bucking kidding me." Dash said.

A simple doorstop was partially covered by sand but received a death glare by the prismatic pegasus. She pulled it out and opened the door. Upon first inspection with her light, the room looked similar to the last one. Almost all the supports seemed to have fallen and piles of debris covered the floor. Rainbow took one step forward and felt her hoof pull a wire. Dash looked up as a net full of rocks was coming down on top of her. She jumped forward, barely missing the rocks that would have flattened her.

Dash breathed deeply as she tried to find her light. Her left hoof found the light but her right hoof brushed against another taut rope. The rope snapped back behind some rocks. Dash looked up and rolled to the right to avoid a column falling on her. She stopped on her back tried to keep perfectly still. She panted in exhaustion as she slowly put the light into her mouth. She bit down hard onto the metal rod and started to look around.

She perceived no more potential death traps she could trigger before Dash stood up cautiously. She tried to scrutinize almost every speck of sand before taking each step forward. After what seemed like an eternity of doing that, Dash was able to see the full view of the destruction the room has been through. Large scratch marks and old reddish brown stains covered the glyphs on the walls. Dash shined the light over the rubble before noticing a large hole in the wall. This piqued her curiosity as she slowly made her way over to it.

She saw a few strands of purple hair sitting conveniently open for anypony to see. Dash gave it a wide berth before feeling a tug on her back hoof. "Damn it." The rope tightened around her hoof and pulled her up into the air. She hung like a Hearth's Warming day ornament before she grabbed the knife from the holster. She curled her body up and started to cut at the rope. After a few swipes, the rope came apart and she fell. She tucked her body forward and landed on her hooves on the sand.

She grabbed her light again and moved to her original destination. After stepping through a hole between two ropes she was able to see the inside. It looked like more sand but saw the telltale signs of hoofprints in the sand. She held her breath in anticipation as she crawled into the space.

She shined the light to the left and almost collapsed to the floor in relief. Twilight curled herself into a ball by the back wall; a slight snore could be heard from the mare. Rainbow Dash face hoofed and smiled endearingly at the cuteness of her crush. She shook her head as she quietly made her way to Twilight. Twilight stirred under the light and Dash froze in place. Twilight brought a hoof up to shield her eyes from the light.

"Dashie...Is that you?"