• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 1,077 Views, 8 Comments

Protector of Harmony: Rewrite - Aegis Spirit



A man shows up in Equestria after getting hit by lightning. Now must help the mane 6 to stop an evil from harming Equestria's inhabitants.

  • ...
2
 8
 1,077

Chapter 1: What Happened?[Unedited]

It was raining on a Sunday night when I was driving on the road to my college apartment. I tried to leave my house before the rain hit, but there was a family get together I didn’t want to miss, even though my first class began early in the morning. I was also moving the my luggage to my apartment, which included my bedding, groceries, self-defense weapons (don’t judge me), clothes, and school supplies. I was finishing his talk with his mom on my iPhone.

“Okay Mom, see you next week.” I said on my iPhone through the speaker, with my eyes constantly on the road. Since my parents live in the same City as my college, I alway come back home at least once a week for a visit. “Okay sweetie, call us when you get there.” Mom said, making sure I got to my apartment safe. “I will, love you.” I said and hung up my iPhone and continued driving down the road, while the radio went back to playing iHeartCountryRadio.

The weather picked up and lightning strikes increased. Suddenly, my chest started to hurt. It happens once in a while, the doctors said it was because I don’t have enough liquids between my left lung and chest cavity. I was only a few blocks away from my apartment, so I waited to drink some water .

The next thing I knew, lightning struck right in front of my car. It was so bright had to close his eyes from the light. When I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't on the road any more, but was driving on a dirt path. I quickly slammed on the breaks and stop mere inches from a tree.

That’s when when my glasses slid off my face, but not because of the sudden stop. When I looked at my hands on the wheel, they were green and furry, even my entire body felt different. My feet felt completely different, like I had no toes. I quickly put the car in brake and turned the interior lights on and saw through the rear view window.

What I saw shook me to the core; my face was that of a horse. I had moderate green fur with my mane and eyes dark brown. I panicked and got out of the car, only to trip. Like any sane person, I yelled like a man. I didn’t know what to think, first I got hit by lightning, then turned into an human horse hybrid.

After a minute of getting having my panic attack, I looked around and saw nothing but a forest around, not only that, it stopped raining all of a sudden. I tried to stand up, but had trouble adjusting to my new hooves. It took about a minute to adjust and open the car. The radio that was playing country music was now only picking up static.

I picked up my phone to call my parents to let them know what happened. I clicked on the home button, unsurprisingly it didn’t recognize my finger print so I tapped my password. I tried to call my dad first, but it couldn’t connect. When I looked at the top left side of my phone, it said “no services.” I sighed and stowed my phone in his pocket. I found my glasses on the bottom of the driver seat and decided to stash that in my pocket as well.

I stepped out of the car with a flashlight my mom insisted I bring with me. Guess the saying mother is always right is true. I turned my head around to find the road, but couldn’t find it, like it was never there.

That’s when I notice the forest is a little brighter than it should be. I looked up and didn’t expect what I saw. Up in the sky was a full moon, when it should be a crescent, not only that, I could see that there are plenty of stars in the sky, something you can’t see in the city.

“I don’t believe this.” I said to himself. I couldn’t explain how I got here and why that lightning bolt didn’t fry me along with the devises electronics. My hands were brought up to my head as I groaned and sat down on my jeep’s bumper.

“This can’t be happening.” I said to myself. This was by far the…weirdest thing that has ever me.

I took another quick look around one last time until to figure out were to go. When I looked behind me, I spotted what looked like castle above the tree line in the distance being shown by the moon light. With nowhere else to go, I decided to head to the castle.

I went back into my jeep and drove away from the tree. I drove off to the castle slowly to avoid hitting something. It took roughly a minute to drive there. I shut off the radio after getting tired of listening to nothing but static.

As I got closer, I spotted a draw bridge and stopped the car. I got out and headed to the bridge. I looked down the crevasse and couldn’t see the bottom. For some reason, the area kinda reminded me of a show I liked, but it couldn’t’t be.

With no other way, I went back to the car to grab some gear. I figured it was best take my martial art weapons incase I run into trouble. I took my backpack and emptied my textbooks, laptop and folders. I filled it with my tonfas, a flashlight, health kit, and a bottle of water.

Wait, now that I think about it, my chest stopped hurting when I got here. I was panicking so much, I completely forgot about it. Maybe it was because of transformation. Speaking of which, I wonder if anything else was altered beside my physical body.

I took out my prescription glasses to see if my near sightedness changed at all. When I saw through one of the lenses, my vision was a little clearer than with out it. Guess I’m still nearsighted. Even so, with my face the way it is, there was noway I could fit my glasses on my face, and placed it back into my jeep.

Since it wasn’t raining, I left my raincoat in the car and put on my hoodie. I took out my unscrewed bow sticks and put them together. Lastly, I put a collapsable knife in my pocket.

I locked the car and made my way across the wooden bridge. Unfortunately for me, I had a problem with heights and quickly made my way across.

When I made it to the castle, my suspension of where I am was growing. The architecture of the castle looked extremely similar to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The castle was in ruins, and it looked as if it had been like that for a long time. I walked up the staircase and opened the door. Once I opened it, my suspicion was confirmed.

In front of me was a long room with doors on each side, and a staircase leading up in the back. What really shocked me were the tapestries in the back. One showed a humanoid white fur pony with wings on her back and a horn on her head with the sun over her. The other shows the same but with a dark purple fur pony and a moon instead of a sun.

Only one thing came to my head, I was in Equestria, or an anthro version of it at least. I can’t believe I was in a world of one of my favorite shows. I remember started watching the show when it came on TV one time and I ended up liking it and watched every episode.

‘I can’t believe this’ I thought. I sat down against a wall to think how this could have happened to me. Maybe I got into a accident on my way back to my apartment and this is just a dream. Thing was, everything just felt so real. If it is real, it may mean I will never be able to go home again.

That’s when it hit me, if I got turned into an anthro pony in Equestria, does that mean I have a cutie mark. I took my hoodie off and lifted my sleeve up. On my arm was a cutie mark. It was a grey shield with two wolves, one is white while the other is black circling each other like yin and yang.

I froze when I was it. It could’t be, it’s the same cutie mark for my original character, Aegis Spirit. I created my oc based on my personality. The shield of my cutie mark means I’m supportive and protective of other people and put their need ahead of myself. The two wolves of white and black represent the two different ways to protect others by either passive means or violent ones.

I got up from my spot and headed back to my car. I can’t remember the last time I was this depressed, sure I may have ended up in a world where it’s paradise compared to Earth, but I had family to get back to, ones I may never see again. Well on the bright side, at least I have a cutie mark.

When I reached my jeep, my first priority to decide what’s next. Even if I am in a anthro version world of My Little Pony, that doesn’t necessarily mean the events played out the same way as it did in the show. For all I know, the Elements of Harmony could have chosen six different ponies than the Mane 6. I also don’t know when I’m at Maybe I could go to Ponyville, at least to get some information about the state of Equestria before I do anything else.

Suddenly, my thoughts stopped when I heard screaming in the distance.