• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 5,079 Views, 183 Comments

New Life - Apollo and Artemis



The Mercer's adventures in Equestria!

  • ...
13
 183
 5,079

Prologue

Alex and his daughter were sitting atop a building, contemplating whether to go ahead with Alex's plan or not.
"I don't think anyone would take kindly to you infecting all of them and giving them a Hive Mind." The girl leaning on the water tower said. Alex did nothing to reply and simply stared below him as a soldier was torn to pieces by a Hunter, his screams somehow reaching him through the din of combat.

"Just leave them. I know you saw that Heller guy's memories and stuff and it only made your drive to help stronger, but tell me, dad. Have they ever done anything good for you?" The girl said, now next to Alex at the edge of the building. Alex pondered his daughter's words. They certainly made sense. What had humanity ever done for him? All he did, he did for them. And what do they do? They try to kill him. To make matters worse, his own lieutenant tried to kill him after he tried to help. That really didn't make his opinion of others any better. But he had no other choice now.

"Yeah, you're right, Aria. How do you suppose we get out of this godforsaken city?" Alex said as he stood up. He was tired to trying to help. He then realized something. He was acting very much like a character in one of his favorite games. And he didn't like it one bit now.

What was that guy's name?

Oh yeah. Albert Wesker. Alex thought as the image of the black suited man flashed before his eyes.

"Well, I heard of some sort of last resort that Blackwatch prepared just for you and me." Aria said as she stood next to him, the flames of an explosion below them licking at their feet.

"Last resort?" Alex had a confused look on his face, one he never had when he was alone. He usually knew everything he wanted to know, but now that he had an equal, it was a bit harder. Still, it was nice to find out something you never knew before.

"Yes. A last resort. I consumed enough scientists to learn that the last resort is actually a black hole generator." Aria said as she leaned on Alex. Alex looked to the horizon and found it as he always did. Completely submersed in total bloody chaos. He kind of liked it and at the same time, he hated it. He got kind of sick of operating within the same city, so he spread the infection to other nearby cities after he killed Heller. It was here in the city of Washington D.C. did he finally realize the worthlessness of his plan.

"And if your theories are correct, A black hole isn't just a gravitational hole in space. It's a portal to another dimension." Alex was feeling proud of his daughter, taking the initiative like that. He was also proud of the fact that she was learning more and more so fast.

"Okay, since you took the initiative on this, I'll let you decide what to do about this." Alex said as he turned away from his daughter to look at the carnage unfolding beneath them. He caught sight of a Strider, a new strain he developed for cities with skyscrapers, smashing one of its massive legs into the Reflecting Pool, causing a wave of bloody water to wash over and crush a few soldiers. Tanks tried in futility as they fired on the Strider's nearly indestructible carapace. He knew that only something like a submarine firing a couple of missiles at it could break through its diamond-hard carapace. Aria's answer came in mere seconds after he let her decide.

"Of course I want to do it! Its our only chance to get out of here!" Aria said as the Strider crushed a tank underfoot. Alex was going to miss his creations, though. What father wouldn't? But he had family now. And that family took precedence.

"Heh. I like your drive. Let's go." Alex said as he and his daughter jumped off the building and ran at full sprint, with Aria leading the way to the base containing the last resort. Alex grinned as they passed under the Strider. He was taking a huge gamble with this idea, but he had to. For Aria.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The base was heavily defended, but nothing a couple of shapeshifters couldn't manage. They disguised themselves as the scientists they consumed in the past and entered the compound. The compound was bustling with activity. Scientists rushed past them and soldiers watched ever vigilantly. Alex and Aria snuck past them with a well-practiced blending ability that made them seem as if they were simply normal scientists going about their business. They were far from normal, but normal was going to change very soon for this world. They entered the room that held the last resort.

Inside sat the last resort (obviously). And it was big. It was shaped very much like a gateway that one would see in a sci-fi movie. It was roughly the size of a tank. Alex silently consumed the lone scientist in front of the machine and searched through his memories for how to start the machine. He eventually found the code and turned to the console in front of him.

"I have the code." Alex said and Aria beamed.

"What are you waiting for? Put it in already!" She said excitedly as he put his hand on the console with a devilish grin. He was about to enter the code, when the alarms went off and dozens of soldiers swarmed into the room.

"We never get a break do we?" Alex said with an annoyed huff as black and red tendrils crawled over his arms to form claws.

"Nope." Aria said in a cheerful tone and turned her arms into three fingered appendages that she knew as the Tendril power. Alex charged at the soldiers, their rounds doing nothing to him, due to absorbing Heller's abilities, and slashing the first one apart and digging his claws into the next. Aria decided to redecorate the walls with webs of biomass and enemy corpses as she sent a biomass infused punch into the nearest soldier, causing him to have tendrils yank his body in different directions, bisecting him and removing his limbs. She repeated the process on the nearest soldier and deflected a nearing rocket with her shield into the offending soldier. Alex had switched to his favorite combo: Blade and Tendrils. He quickly pulled in a soldier and stabbed his blade into his torso without so much as acknowledging the incoming rocket that didn't even make him flinch. Aria brought out her favorite combo: Whipfist and Scythe. Aria used Whipfist to grab a soldier and jabbed her scythe into his torso and tendrils crawled onto the soldier's skin and she threw the convulsing soldier into the last group, causing him to explode with tendrils that took everything with it. Debris. Explosive tanks. Soldiers. The living tendril bomb pulled everything close and it all exploded in a shower of gore and fire.

They were so busy fighting the soldiers, that they didn't notice a scientist in the observation deck starting the machine. An enormous black hole appeared behind them and they dug their claws in the ground to stay in the room. A lone soldier who was stuck on the wall had a rocket launcher in hand and aimed it at the two.
"Burn in hell, ZEUS!" The soldier wheezed as he fired the launcher and the recoil killed him.

Aw, shit... Alex thought as the rocket hit him and his daughter, sending them into the black hole.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above the Everfree forest, a rip in the sky was forming. Everypony was blissfully unaware of the danger they were about to be put in. Pinkie was having a perfectly normal sugar-high (by human standards) day, when she felt her tail twitch like never before.
"Twitchy tail!" Pinkie yelled as she defied the laws of physics as she basically teleported to Twilight's library and rapped her hoof on the door. Twilight answered the door and was greeted by Pinkie's characteristic smile.

"Oh, hello Pinkie. What brings you here?" Twilight asked.

"Something big is gonna fall! I just felt that you needed a heads up!" And with that, Pinkie was gone in a blur of pink (little does Twilight know, Pinkie just defied the laws of physics by going faster than Rainbow Dash on a sugar-high).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as they were sucked into the black hole, they could feel their bodies going through immense pressure. They then used the Hive Mind to communicate.
Aria, use your Armor! Alex mentally screamed as he used his Armor. She didn't need to be told twice. Her form shifted to Armor to prevent the pressure from crushing her. A couple of minutes later, they felt the pressure lift and they were blinded by the sudden appearance of light.

The next thing they felt was crashing into the ground, causing a shockwave to sound through the forest they landed in. The sound repelled the weaker creatures and attracted the stronger ones. Alex groaned as he stood up and dismissed his armor, Aria doing the same.

"You alright?" Alex asked as he walked over to Aria.

"I'm fine, dad. Thanks." She said as she hugged him and gave a smile. Their tender, father-daughter moment was interrupted by several growls coming from deeper in the forest. Soon, many creatures from the myths of humans emerged from the forest, out for their blood.

"You hear that?" Alex asked with a predatory smile on his face.

"Yup." Aria said in her ever so cheerful tone as she got into a combat stance. That's when they attacked.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight felt that huge shockwave from miles away and it caused them to lose their balance.
"What was that!?" Twilight asked as she ran outside and saw that the grass in the plains were flattened. She immediately began to worry for Fluttershy's safety.

"I have to go see if she's okay!" She was beginning to panic as she bolted to the edge of the Everfree, where Fluttershy lived. Celestia knows what kind of trouble she could be in right now.

Fluttershy was busy trying to get Angel to eat when she heard the loud crash and quickly flew under the table with a quiet squeak.
"W-W=What w-was th-that!?" She stuttered quietly as she poked her head out from underneath the table. She wanted to hide under there longer, but a sudden realization came to her. What if her animals were scared or hurt by whatever crashed? She had to go see if they were okay! With shaky legs, she swallowed her fear and left the house, neither mentally nor physically ready for what was to come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex had already started the carnage while Aria prepared.
"Hey! No fair!" Aria called out as she dodged the attack of the manticore and sunk her scythe deep into it's skull.

"All is fair in love and war, my dear." Alex called out from ahead of her. Alex was busy with the Hydra on his ass. It was like fighting four of the Hydra's back home, except this one didn't throw cars at you. Alex saw a head coming for him as he stopped, to which he payed no attention. He swatted the head away with the force of a truck going ninety and it's skull was dented in a way that it would never get up again. Alex dodged the other head coming for him and caught it with Whipfist and slammed it into the ground with a loud crack. Alex tore off the head that was dented, stabbed it with his Whipfist and threw it at the other Hydra heads. The heads were pulled together by the explosion of tendrils ad crushed by the force of the impact. Alex landed and walked over to Aria.

"Kill count is 25." Alex said with a smirk.

"Nuh-uh! Kill count is 21!" Aria retorted.

"You said it yourself, one head per enemy." Alex said with a victorious grin. Aria threw her hands up in defeat.

"Whatever." She said simply as she looked in no apparent direction. She flinched when she saw six small, colorful equines approaching them. She squealed and ran over to them.