• Published 8th Mar 2019
  • 747 Views, 65 Comments

Messing with Your Buttons - Thunderous



A secretive brony gamer gets to fulfill his life-long dream!

  • ...
5
 65
 747

Messy Confrontation

RIIIIIING!

What happens at school, stays at school. That's kinda my moto, whenever things at school turn to crap. And right now, in the hallways? All hell had broken loose.

"YEAAAAAAH! SCHOOL BREAK!" Rumble yelled out in excitement, as he pumped his fist into the air, still walking right beside me and Pipsqueak through the hallway of the school once we had gotten out of our last class of the day. The hallways were filled with laughter, chatters, and students, but we managed to make our way through the mayhem...thankfully.

"Soo... what're you guys gonna be doing during the school break? Play video games for the whole duration of the break?" I asked, my arms behind my head, as I looked on over to both Rumble and Pip with a curious expression on my face.

"Gosh, Button, ain't everyone like you with your obsessions with video games and streaming those... Game Night stuffs you always do..." Pip spoke up suddenly from my right, rolling his eyes, amused, as he continues to avoid incoming students walking past us, his arms crossed behind his back.

"H-Hey! It's not my fault I love video games! And besides, didn't you enjoy playing Game Night with me that one time?" I looked around the halls for a couple of moments, looking for that certain detail on the wall I always use to mark my locker, before I finally found it, the slight smear of peanut butter jam on top of my locker, as I signalled the boys over to our lockers.

"Well... yeah, I guess... speaking of that Game Night thing... how many times are you gonna be doing that re-challenge thing with Sweetie Belle? I think it's been more than five times I've watched Sweetie Belle appear in your live streams, and I just know that some of your viewers want someone other than her to play with you..." Pip continued as he went to open his locker first, followed by me and Rumble.

We managed to score on getting to become locker buddies, so every day, after each lesson, we get to talk a bit and hang out with each other, boy-style, before we had to go rush off to our own classes. Even though these two can be a bit annoying, they're pretty fun to hang out with, and they really have some great dirt on the crusaders, that sometimes we like to share with one another. I mean, come on! Sharing secrets is damn fun!

"Yeah! To be fair, it was kinda weird to see her in your streams every time, Button... What in the heck has gotten into you, anyway?" Rumble asked, confusion clear in his tone as he fixed his thick dark grey leather jacket, closing his locker and leaning against it, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Ahh, pfft. It's nothing so bad. She just seemed like a really fun girl friend to play with in the streams... So, as long as she keeps beating me in games, she'll keep coming back to the stream... playing with me... every night..." I slurred out, giggling a little as I closed my locker, leaning my back against it whilst I sighed happily, my eyes half-lidded from the statement.

I could definitely see the two exchanging confused looks with each other, glancing between me and themselves, but I didn't give a crap about them at the moment, said as I sighed once again at the thought of me and Sweetie Belle playing games at my house, every day after school. I could just imagine it-

"Button... you're saying it like you're... losing the games on purpose to her..." Rumble suddenly spoke up, interrupting my train of thoughts.

Ah, crap.

"Well... 'losing' isn't the best word to describe it... what about 'giving her a chance'?" I said quickly, scratching my head as I sat straight up and started walking, looking back at them still.

"Giving her a chance for up to 5 rounds straight? I'm pretty sure that still counts as losing on purpose... Really, Button, what is with you? You keep re-challenging her, you keep losing purposely to her, and you want to keep playing with her in every Game Night stream..." The skepticism in Rumble's voice was off the chart, which made me try to walk faster, but they were tailing me from behind. Crap... I need to get out of here before they-

"It seems as though that you're in love with Sweetie Belle..."

As soon as I heard the squeaky voice from behind me say those words, I froze up, my whole body tensing up. Ah, crap. Now they think I'm in LOVE with Sweetie Belle!? ...I mean, I only have a small crush on her. That's all. Nothing TOO big... Right?

"Button...?" Pip spoke up from behind me as I hear both of them approaching me, which made me sweat madly and my whole body shaking.

"N-Nah! I-I'm not in love with Sweetie Belle! Nope! W-Why would you think I'm in love with her!? Are you crazy!? Me and her!? T-That's crazy talk, you guys! Nope, nope, NOPE!" I continued walking without looking back at Rumble and Pip for the second time, albeit a little faster than before as I try to get away from the two, that awkward smile still worn on my face and nervous sweat trickling down my forehead.

What the heck, Button!? Why am I acting this way!? Do I really LOVE Sweetie Belle in more ways than just a simple crush...? Ah, gosh, I am not doing this now! This is NOT turning into another one of those fictions I loved to read back in my old apartment, and I'm making sure of-

My train of thoughts gets cut off as I turned the corner, suddenly bumping my head into another person the same height as me, causing both of us to yelp out in pain, falling down to the floor with our hands against our head, wincing in pain.

"O-Ow! B-Button, what the heck was that!?"

I suddenly blushed madly at the sound of that voice. That squeaky cute voice. I looked back up from where I was looking and saw Sweetie Belle glaring right back at me with an annoyed pout clear on her face as she rubbed her head, sitting down against the messy pink backpack she always brings to school.

Ah, crap. And now I'm blushing. Great job, Button... I swear, if I'm in my old body, I wouldn't be blushing this much-

"Well!? What the heck was that, Button!?"

I was again, cut off from my thoughts by that sweet, wondrous, angelic voice of- what the crap am I thinking right now!? A-Anyways, Sweetie Belle had recovered somewhat, now standing up straight, looking down at me as she repeated her question at me.

"U-Uhhh... W-Well... Umm..."

...the crap am I doing right now...

"Uhh. Well. Umm. Good gosh. Button, can you make your talking any weirder?"

Suddenly, before Sweetie Belle could acknowledge my weirdly-spoken response to her question, somebody else beat her to it with an annoying yet bragging tone in her voice, speaking up from my right, causing both of us to glance to the sudden intruder.

"The crap do you want with us, Diamond Tiara?"

I answered with an annoyed tone clear in my voice, as I got up from where I was sitting and crossed my arms, glaring at her with hate in my eyes towards her very existence. Diamond Tiara really is the crappiest person that happened to be the same age as us, and she's stupidly rich. Look, I'm okay with rich people who are nice, but people who are rich yet loves to brag about it, more so if it's a bully, really pisses me off.

"Ah, nothing too much. Just wanted to have a look at the weirdest couple in the block, and congratulations you two, you won that award~!" The haughty pink skinned girl spoke with that snooty tone still in her voice, slowly getting up from the locker she was leaning against, approaching both of us at a slow pace, that devilish grin still present on her face.

"A-A couple!? W-We're just friends, Diamond! That's all there is between us!" Sweetie Belle blurted out towards Diamond Tiara with a loud stomp from her right foot, causing the students present in the hallway to quiet down and backed away from the three of us, making us the centre of attraction for all of the students to watch.

Though, something that was mentioned from what Sweetie Belle had said broke my heart a little, as I looked away from the two girls with a sad frown on my face. We're just friends...? Sweetie Belle, is that what you think of us two together...? Just... friends? ...wow.

Unbeknownst to me, the two girls had continued on bickering with each other, now a few centimetres from one another. "Oh, yeah, sure. Just keep on saying that, Sweetie Belle. We all know the real truth, which is you two. Are. A. Couple." Diamond Tiara emphasized her statement more by poking a finger on Sweetie's shoulders, that sly smirk still worn on her face.

"Ugh, so what!? What if we're both dating? What if we're not? But the thing is, why do you care all of a sudden!?" Sweetie Belle suddenly yelled out in annoyance, pushing Diamond Tiara away from her, causing her to crash against the locker right behind her with a loud thud and a yelp of pain from her.

The loud thud from the locker being crashed into finally brought my attention back to the now as I looked back at the scene, confused as to how Diamond Tiara got shoved back to where she was leaning against, before I looked back at Sweetie Belle, my eyes widening in surprise at the current state she was in. Body shaking like crazy. Eyes twitching every now and then. Her palms sweating madly.

Is she... lying straight to Diamond Tiara's face about our relationship...? S-So... gosh, she doesn't REALLY feel that way with me... thankfully. I sighed out in relief as I put two and two together, thinking everything was back to normal for a couple of moments before my eyes once again opened widely at the sudden realization. WAIT! SO, SHE HAS FEELINGS FOR ME TOO!?

Before I could ponder even more on that thought, a loud stomp was heard followed by a shriek of anger, causing all eyes to focus on the source of the sound, which happened to be Diamond Tiara, glaring right at Sweetie Belle with a furious face worn on her face. "YOU LITTLE BASTARD! YOU PUSHED ME! You've done it now, Sweetie Belle! NOBODY pushes me around, especially not 10-year-olds who disrespects the best of the best!"

Suddenly, Diamond Tiara bursts into a sprint from where she stood with a loud cry of anger, her gaze fully set on Sweetie Belle with her hands balled into fists. As soon as I did see this, everything suddenly became a blur of images, and I was now hugging Sweetie Belle close to me with a feeling of pain coming from the back of my head. Even if my head felt dizzy all of a sudden and all eyes were now on us, I kept my gaze right into Sweetie Belle's, as she stared right back into mine, both our cheeks burning brightly.

"B-Button Mash... y-you blocked Diamond's hit, for me? W-Why...?"

Ahh... crap. Should I tell her? Ah, god, this is going a bit too fast! I'm not ready yet!

"Uhh... I..."

=====================================

"YOU DID WHAT!?"

I covered my ears, wincing in pain from the volume of the shout Gibson had yelled out as both Gibson and I sat in my bedroom with my head burried into my pillow, regretting what I did earlier at school.

"Jeez, Button! That is the worst thing you could've done! Saying 'what are friends for' and running off as soon as you did notice your mistake in your choice of words, it can leave a bad impression on your girl, damnit!" Gibson continued to lecture me with that angry lecturer tone in his voice as I could hear him pacing around my bed with an impatient beat to it.

I groaned in annoyance as I sat back up, leaning back against the wooden backboard of my bed, glaring at Gibson. "Well, what the crap was I supposed to do, then!? I was put in a tight spot, and I was scared that she'd reject me if I did confess to her right then! It was all happening too fast!"

"Well, go call or message her on her cell, telling that it was all a mistake! Or, you can go on over to her house, and admit your mistake to her upfront! That'll make things much easier!" Gibson said, sitting down at the right side of my bed, looking back at me with a roll from his eyes.

I then looked away from him, sighing, before looking back at him with a sad expression on my face. "...But I can't, Gibs. I just... can't.."

Gibson then, for once, looked at me with sympathy, scooting closer to me and patting me on my knee. "Look, Button? I know I wasn't the best brother around, but I'll tell you this: having a girlfriend is the best thing you can ever have in life. Me and Misty-"

I interrupted him suddenly with a scoff and a roll from my eyes. "It's 'Misty and I', Gibson. And what's my situation got to do with you and Misty? You two are already a couple, so you don't have anything else to worry about."

Gibson glared at me with his arms crossed at me interrupting him, before he sighed, scratching his head. "Well, believe me. I think my situation was a lot worse than yours."

I simply rolled my eyes, before I nodded for him to continue. He then looked on over to my bedroom door, probably to make sure our mom isn't eavesdropping, before looking back at me, taking a deep breath.

"Misty and I... When the news of us being together got out... we suddenly had issues being together. His dad won't allow me to keep her daughter, my bandmates keep messing things up between us two, and the whole school kept on talking about us, in a bad way."

Wow. He DID have it worse than me.

"Even Misty herself said that we might have to break up if it got worse. But, I know she wasn't being serious. Because when you're in love with a certain someone, you two created a bond hidden deep in your heart, but only comes out when you two show each other your true feelings about one another. And through this bond? I could feel that she didn't mean it. She wanted to stay by my side forever, until we grow old and die with each other, our hands held tight in one another's grip. That's how strong our love was, Button. A love born from when we were still in middle school together."

I stared with wide eyes and my mouth open at Gibson as I registered what he had said. It took a couple of minutes before I had finished processing everything, now looking away from Gibson and towards my game console laying there, unused since the last time Game Night had happened, which was a couple of days ago with Sweetie Belle.

I stared at the game console for a couple more seconds before I sighed, looking back at Gibson with a serious expression now worn on my face. "So... what CAN I do to propose to Sweetie Belle to be my girlfriend...?"

"Hmm... I might know a way... But you owe me for doing this."

Author's Note:

Damn! This has gotta be the longest chapter I've ever written up! And this is just half of what I've actually got planned for the overall plan of the chapter!

Well, standby for the next chapter! Things are gonna get... melodic~