• Published 8th Mar 2019
  • 747 Views, 65 Comments

Messing with Your Buttons - Thunderous



A secretive brony gamer gets to fulfill his life-long dream!

  • ...
5
 65
 747

Another One?

These days were really the best spent with Sweetie Belle. After I had proposed to her to be my girlfriend, we started to hang out more than often and I decided to start a new schedule on my live streaming so I could live stream playing games with Sweetie Belle. Of course, when Christmas came, we had to focus on our own families and I couldn't see Sweetie Belle for a few weeks before Spring came. And when Spring came and schools were back, that was when the news started spreading.

"Hey, did you hear the rumour, Button?" Rumble nudged me as we walked the hallways together, squeezing past groups of students standing around, talking about stuff.

I looked back at Rumble with a confused expression as I dodged and weaved a few other students walking the opposite direction we were walking. "What do you mean 'rumour', Rumble? I didn't hear any rumours earlier during recess."

Rumble looks around us before he walked nearer to me and brought us to the front door of the school as he started to whisper to me. "Well, here's the thing. It's about Apple Bloom. She, uhh... There's a lot of versions to the story, but I've confirmed it with Pip himself. The Apple Bloom we've been talking to for the past months was a fake."

That made me pause in my steps with wide eyes and my mouth wide open as what Rumble had said just broke down my mind, Rumble himself just walking a few feet ahead before stopping in his tracks, looking back at me with a puzzled face. "Button? You alright, dude?"

What. The. Crap. APPLEBLOOM'S NOT FROM HERE!? Holy crap. What the crap. This is too much. Brain shutting down. Oh crap. Crap crap crap-

"Yo? Button, you in there, dude?"

Rumble snapped me out of my thoughts as he now grabbed hold of my shoulders and started looking straight into my eyes with a worried look on his face.

I quickly shook my head as I went on over to the front door and pushed it open, Rumble following me from behind. "Are you saying that... the Apple Bloom we've been taking to before... isn't from around here?" I spoke in a nervous tone, stuttering my words out as I continued to walk down the sets of stairs and over to the CHS Statue.

"Huh. Well, I guess you can say it that way." Rumble said as I turned around by the base of the CHS statue, leaning my back against it and looking at Rumble with a raised eyebrow. "I think Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle both said that Apple Bloom said our daily lives in school and stuff is actually on a show where she's from. I think they said it was... My Little Pony something? I have no idea at all, dude."

Yup. Now I'm sure of it. Apple Bloom's not from here. So, that means that Apple Bloom is from my world too? Uggh crap, this is getting too weird for my brain...

"Wait, so who was the other Apple Bloom then? What really happened?" I asked, confused, as Rumble started to walk, so I quickly ran up to him and walked beside him, now leaving the school area and walking along the sidewalks of a busy street.

"Well... it's a long story... but I guess I can tell it on the way to Pip's house. Pip asked us for our help, so don't ask me." Rumble quickly added as I tilted my head in confusion to the change of destination before I shrugged it off, listening to the story.

And, oh boy, was it confusing.

So, apparently, the fake Apple Bloom, whose name is actually Tom Haddington and is a boy, switched places a couple of months back with the real Apple Bloom when she got knocked out by a door. And the crazy thing is that the real Apple Bloom was somehow stuck in Tom's body in another world, having to live out her life in a 21-year-old boy's body. Which is crazy to think about, since she's a girl, being stuck in a guy's body, having a- Actually, forget what the crap I was talking about. Anyways, the real Apple Bloom somehow found a way to get back to this world and exposed Tom's real identity, and now the Tom-Apple Bloom is stuck here with no home and no family.

When the story was finished, I was left with a migraine and a burrowed frown on my face as we finally made it to Pipsqueak's house. So, Apple Bloom was stuck in... Tom's body... a guy, who was from my world? So, hold on... if she was stuck there, does that mean-

"Anyways, we're here, Button. We should probably ask Pip why he asked us here." Rumble's voice brought me out of my thoughts as my eyes focused itself and we now stood in front of Pipsqueak's front door. His house was pretty unique, as his walls are coloured with bright pink and its roof coloured dark brown. I always wondered who chose the colours for Pip's house. Eh, not important as of now, a question I can keep for later.

We walked up to the door and knocked on the door three times before the door suddenly swung open, greeted by the face of an exhausted Pipsqueak. "Oh, hey there, you guys... Come on in."

We both glanced at each other before shrugging, walking through the door as Rumble closed the door behind us with a soft thud. I looked around his house, and for some reason, his house felt a little... empty. It wasn't just me as Rumble himself also started to look around with a confused frown on his face.

I looked back at Pipsqueak as he walked right past us and towards the staircase. "So... is it just me, or is the house looking a little... you know the word, dull? No offence."

Pipsqueak stopped by the base of the stairs as he turned around sighing, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Yeah, yeah, I know. My family just decided not to put up the decorations for some reason. Maybe because we kept moving around the country and finally settled here 3 years ago, probably. Now come on, let's go to my parents' room first. Apple Bloom is in my room, she needs some alone time for now."

We both snorted in amusement before we followed Pipsqueak up the stairs and towards his parents' bedroom, making as little noise as possible when passing by Pip's own room to not alert the Apple Bloom inside. Finally, we made it to his parents' room and closed the door behind us, all three of us gathering by the bed, sitting towards one another in a small circle.

"So, Button, Rumble must've filled you in on what's happening with Apple Bloom, am I right?" Pipsqueak spoke up as he glanced towards me, raising an eyebrow at me.

I quickly nodded as I then looked over at Rumble with a troubled expression worn on my face. "Yeah, about the two Apple Blooms. But, which one is the real one, though...? The one in your room, or the one who's acting like Diamond Tiara at school earlier? I'm still confused about that part..."

Pipsqueak then spoke up, rubbing his head as I looked back at him. "Well, that's the confusing thing... Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both said that the Apple Bloom in my room is the fake one, but she's literally like the real deal: Honest, quick to stand up for others and stubborn as heck."

Rumble and I quickly stiffled a chortle before I glanced back at Pipsqueak, a sly smirk worn on my face. "She's gonna bash your face in if you tell her that."

Pipsqueak titled his head, scratching his head before he shook his head, ignoring whatever I had said just now. "However, the other Apple Bloom at school? Even though the rest of the Apple family, and probably Applejack's friends, thinks THAT Apple Bloom is the real one, she's too bossy and rude to be the real Apple Bloom. Besides, that isn't the girl that I had fallen in love with. The one in my room is."

Rumble and I then looked back at each other, before looking back at Pipsqueak with a small smile on our faces. "So you do confess to having a 'thing' on Apple Bloom, huh?" I said, no sarcasm nor joking tone in my voice as I placed my head against my hand, propping my head up with it, still smiling at him.

Pipsqueak simply glared at me with furrowed brows, groaning in annoyance as he simply muttered one word, a mild blush on his face. "Yeah."

I just shrugged my shoulders, sitting up straight as I looked back at Rumble, who is now snickering at me, causing me to roll my eyes at him before looking back at Pipsqueak. "Alright then. That reason works good enough with me. So, how can we help cheer Apple Bloom up then? It's clear as day that she's feeling lonely and abandoned in your room right about now."

Pipsqueak looked towards the door, a sad expression shown on his face as he sighed sadly. "Well, I was thinking of proposing to her. But, I'm not sure if she'll accept it or not..."

I then smiled weakly at Pipsqueak as I inched forward a little and placed a hand on his shoulders, causing him to look up at me with a little bit of moisture gathering up around his eyes. "Hey... I'm sure Apple Bloom will accept your proposal. I mean, I've been in your shoes before, and look how Sweetie Belle and I are now. She's gonna love it, Pipsqueak. I promise."

The boy in question then smiled a little, his features brightened as he hugged me, burrowing his head into the hug. "Thanks, Button. You're a good friend."

We both separated from the hug, looking back at Rumble for a couple of seconds, still smiling before looking back at Pipsqueak, raising an eyebrow. "Besides, your idea on how to propose to Apple Bloom to be her boyfriend isn't gonna be so bad, am I right?"

===== 2 Hours Later =====

"Okay, scratch what I said earlier, this is the worst idea ever."

I mumbled out as we all dressed up in matching Barbershop outfits with straw hats worm to accompany the outfit, now standing in front of Pipsqueak's bedroom door. Pipsqueak had already walked through the door, now all three of us, including Featherweight who had just arrived an hour ago to help out in Pipsqueak's proposal, had to wait for the signal before entering through the door as well.

"Well, like Pipsqueak said earlier, you're a good friend, Button. And a good friend should always help out another friend, whether you like it or not." I looked over to Rumble, who then looked back at me with a small smile present on his face.

I raspberried, waving a hand at him as I rolled my eyes, looking away from him. The awkward silence didn't last though, as Featherweight suddenly spoke up from behind us with a nervous stutter. "What do you guys think will happen to this Apple Bloom if no one will believe this is the real Apple Bloom?"

I glanced back at him and just for a moment, stared blankly at him before I smiled confidently, nodding at him. "Then we'll keep trying and trying until people will believe it's her. We'll never give up, both for Apple Bloom and Pipsqueak."

Suddenly, the lights in the room right in front of us flickered out, marking it as our signal to enter. "Well, time to do this. Let's hope this will work, guys." I looked back to Rumble and Featherweight, still smiling with all my confidence at them before I looked back at the door, opening it. All three of us stepped in, and we did our magic. Things are actually starting to look up for all of us, mostly for Apple Bloom.

I do hope this Tom fella will be alright though. Or not...