• Published 8th Mar 2019
  • 747 Views, 65 Comments

Messing with Your Buttons - Thunderous



A secretive brony gamer gets to fulfill his life-long dream!

  • ...
5
 65
 747

First Meeting

"School was dang awful!"

I cried out in frustration as I walked in the hallways after the final bell had rung. Me and Sweetie Belle had to split up after we finished that horrible first class with Ms. Harshvoice. Sadly, we got yelled at from her, and boy did her name spelt out how she really is. She really is harsh! She even gave out poems that don't even make sense!

I sighed in annoyance, as I played out how my first day at school had been, before I suddenly jumped in surprise at the raspy voice from beside me, sounding equally annoyed. "Tell me about it..."

I looked towards my right and saw Scootaloo, one of Sweetie Belle's best friends, was right next to me, with a drooped posture and dragging herself alongside me, forcefully.

"Umm... hey there, Scoots." was all I could say, before I looked away from her, still walking down the hallway with her, the situation getting a bit... too awkward. Sheesh... Can't believe I'm meeting with Scootaloo right now. I mean, I should be freaking out like heck right about now... but, after what I've been through today, I think my body's dead on its batteries...

I could feel Scootaloo looking at the back of my head, before she sighed, speaking what I was thinking about earlier. "You had Ms. Harshvoice this morning, didn't you?"

I glanced back at Scootaloo, scratching my head as I nodded slowly. "Yep. I swear, she gets worse every day. Like, who the heck came up with those poems, anyway?"

Scootaloo suddenly chuckled, amused, as she nudged my shoulders with one of her hands. "I know, right!? Like, I still can't get over the one that said 'Rub her coke'..."

I immediately brought my hands to my mouth, stifling a loud chortle, as soon as I heard that word come out of her mouth. "COKE!? What the crap!? Rub her coke!? Jeez, that is... so messed up, yet so weird to say..." I continued to snort in amusement, wiping a tear from my eyes, before I stopped laughing at that stupid phrase... and looked back at Scootaloo, raising a confused eyebrow. "...I don't get it."

It was Scootaloo's turn to bring her hand up to her mouth, stifling a VERY loud guffaw, as she bent down, still walking alongside me. I glared at her angrily, nudging her on the shoulders with my hand. "HEY! It's not my fault I don't understand her poems! I just find it funny that the poet used the word 'rub' and 'coke' in the same sentence..."

Scootaloo, to my surprise and displeasure, continued laughing even worse, her whole body shaking with laughter. I just stared at her with a frown for a few seconds, before rolling my eyes and keeping my eyes forward, ignoring her antics. To my benefit, the main lobby of the school was just a couple feet away, so I decided to fasten my pace, leaving Scootaloo behind to continue laughing on her own.

Once I had reached the door, I finally heard a panicked yell down the hallway. "HEY! YOU LEFT ME BEHIND, BUT-" Scootaloo's voice cuts off as I walked out the door and closed it behind me, breathing in a new breath of air. I looked around and saw some students were still hanging outside, sitting in the grass or standing up, talking to one another.

One of the groups talking had attracted my attention immediately, as I saw Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom talking to one another near the base of the statue of CHS. I raised my hand, waving it as I called out to them. "Hey, gir- ARGH!"

All of a sudden, I was at the base of the stairs leading towards the school, looking up into the sky, with a big bump on my head, as I groaned in pain. Then, three people stood above me, looking down at me. It was Sweetie Belle and her crusader friends!

"Ya'll doin' alright down there, Button? That fall looked like it hurt..." The red-haired crusader, Apple Bloom, asked in her Southern American accent, looking equally worried with the rest of her friends at me.

"Uggh... I feel like I got headbutted by something big from behind, and fell down a flight of stairs..." I muttered out in pain as I placed my hand onto my head, where the bump was, before wincing in pain, pulling my hand away from it.

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom then turned their attention towards the orange-skinned girl, glaring at her, who was currently chuckling, embarrassed, as she scratched her head. "Yeah... Sorry about that, Button. I think I opened the door a bit too hard, and smacked you with it from behind... causing you to fall down the stairs... whoops."

Sweetie Belle then rolled her eyes, before she looked back down at me, extending her hand towards me. "Anyways, let's get you back up on your feet, Button." I looked back up at her, smiling softly before I took her hands in my grasp, being pulled back up on my feet.

I dusted off my pants, before looking around at the crusaders, still smiling. "Thanks."

Suddenly, I felt a small nudge from behind, making me look back at Scootaloo, who was now currently smiling smugly at me. "So... we were talking about that 'thing' when you decided to leave me in the dust. What do you say after doing that kind of stuff on a girl?"

I blew a raspberry, waving a hand off at her as I looked away from her, now smirking. "Ehh. That kind of stuff won't work with me, Scoots. Only Sweetie can pull it off with me, no other girl can do it better than her." I looked back at her, scratching my head slowly. "But, I guess I do owe you an apology. So, yeah, I'm sorry."

The orange-skinned crusader snorted in amusement, before waving it off as well. "That works with me."

Then, Apple Bloom suddenly came in from my right side and stood beside Scootaloo, raising a curious eyebrow. "Ah don't get it. What's this 'thing' you two were talking about?"

It was then that me and Scootaloo - or is it Scootaloo and I - faced towards Apple Bloom, and said in unison, one word, with a flat and unimpressed tone. "School."

Sweetie Belle then groaned in annoyance, as she came in from my left side and stood by her crusader friends. "I know, right!? Ms. Harshvoice was dang terrible today... She keeps giving out these strange poems, and we don't even understand most of them!"

It was my turn to scoff in annoyance, as I sat down at the base of the stairs, crossing my arms. "That goes for Miss Berry too. I have no idea why the heck she's even one of the teachers anyways, since she keeps getting off topic and talking about her doings and life, even if it's not related to school!"

Apple Bloom suddenly chuckled as she sat down right next to me, still looking at me with that amused smile of hers. "Seriously? Miss Berry sounded like a GP-38 with a stuck horn or somethin'!"

Uhhh... what.

I thought, confused at what Apple Bloom said as Sweetie Belle sat to my left, shaking with laughter too. "Or an A3 with a jammed whistle! Like, she keeps yapping on and on about weird stuff, it's hard enough not to sleep on my own!"

"I still don't understand you girls with those train talks of yours."

I wasn't the only one to think so, as I glanced up towards where Scootaloo was standing, who was currently crossing her arms with a confused expression on her face.

Both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom immediately burst out laughing, holding their stomach as they shook with laughter. I only looked from Apple Bloom to Sweetie Belle, back to back, before looking back up at Scootaloo, shrugging with my shoulders at her to express my confusion too.

Once they got to their bearings, Apple Bloom looked back up at Scootaloo, still smiling. "Well, of course ya don't even know 'train talk'! Y'all don't even take an interest in how cool trains are!"

Sweetie Belle suddenly patted me from behind, looking up at Scootaloo as well. "Yeah! I mean, thankfully, Button here knows what we're talking about~"

I stayed silent for a couple of seconds, still a bit unsure at what the two were saying before Sweetie Belle herself turned to look back at me with that confused eyebrow raised. "...right, Button?"

As I glanced around at the three of them, who now stood around me, looking down at me with different kind of expressions decorating their faces, I continued to sit down there, with wide eyes and sweat starting to pour down my face. Only one word came through my mind, and it kept repeating itself over and over to explain what kind of situation I had gotten myself stuck in.

CRAP!