• Published 24th Apr 2019
  • 845 Views, 18 Comments

The Final Strike - BlackDragon



Celestia thought they were gone. She thought it would never happen again. She was wrong. They were never gone, only hidden; and they would come back to haunt her.

  • ...
2
 18
 845

Chapter 6: Dealing With Something New

The drive had been awkwardly quiet, despite the humming of the vehicle's engine and the rumbling of the tires colliding with the dirt road. The driver kept a strict focus on his view in front of him. The other passengers were talking amongst themselves for a while; two different species from seemingly two different worlds speaking in the same vehicle. One of which were the ponies who were native to this land. The other was so vastly different, it stood out from all other creatures known to the ponies, great and small, sapient and not.

All the passengers in the vehicle were sitting comfortably. Although, their was some struggling amongst them due to the ponies shifting themselves to suitable position in the vehicle. It didn't help that the vehicle was being put to use on a rough dirt road, causing it to buck and shift occasionally. Also, the ponies have commented and sked about the large turret pointing downwards in a resting position on the very back of the vehicle, which the others had only reluctantly answered with it being called a turret.

Twilight Sparkle, being the ever-so curious researcher, asked with a slight excitement, "Um, excuse me, but I've been kind of fascinated by you guys lately. You're all so... so... strange! Uh, no offense."

Lieutenant Jason Morales smiled at the lavender pony and answered, "None taken. We are 'humans.' We've come here on a mission, but I can't say much."

Twilight frowned, "Why not?"

Jason replied, "All I can say is that it's a matter of national concern. Considering that this is taking place in a completely different land, we can't be sure in who to trust in regards to our mission."

"I guess I understand."

In truth, Twilight didn't. She had experienced representatives of other nations who weren't adept at the customs of trust and friendliness, such as the dragons and the yaks, Yet, out of all them, these three were the most secretive. Surely, they would've tried to trust others. "Why wouldn't they, though?," she thought to herself. "This secrecy just doesn't make any sense!"

Not to mention, this 'matter of national concern?' That immediately sounded far too serious for her to ignore. Very rarely had she even heard of these things occurring in Equestria. What sort of problems does Jason's home of 'Lushiro' go through, she could only imagine. She soon sighed in defeat and decided to leave it at that for now.

The group continued their ride, the majority of them already seemed to be getting along well. However, two of them were not so friendly. On one hand, Leon Kin remained completely distant from the others and kept his full attention to the road ahead of him. On the other hand, Rainbow Dash was suspicious of these creatures from the start. She has kept a vigilant eye over them and only gave a minimal response to whatever 'Jason Morales' or 'Sarah Hart' had to say.

She was also a little bothered by Sarah Hart in particular. She was a little too friendly for her taste, giving her and her friends a weird smile and she always had a little twinkle in her eyes every time they look. Every now and then, she would even pull them in hug friendly hug! The others didn't seem to mind it, while Pinkie Pie even starting to relish in the act, but Dash wasn't convinced by these acts of kindness. In fact, Sarah's trying so hard to act friendly only put her off.

For all she knew, this was all an act; a ploy to get them to drop their guard so they can... do what? Well, she would never say it out loud, but Rainbow Dash had no idea why these people were here. Still, that didn't mean that it was anything good. Regardless, she was going to keep an eye on them.

After that, the drive remained peaceful. Leon maintained a steady high speed until Twilight Sparkle told him slow down after almost half an hour. They were approaching Ponyville and she was concerned that the citizens might be scared by the sight of him and his comrades; nevermind his vehicle. Because of this, Twilight suggested to Leon that he should leave it somewhere out of sight.

The Captain reluctantly agreed and drove behind some large shrubbery to hide. When the humans and the ponies left the vehicle, they slowly continued their way to Ponyville. By the time they reached the entrance, Twilight approached Leon as everyone gathered around.

"Okay, Captain Kin" Twilight said, "Before we move on, we need to go over a something."

Leon replied, though inwardly sighed, "Very well, then. What do you have in mind?"

Twilight smiled as she sat down, allowing Leon to get down on one knee to get closer to her, "Well first off, we are more than willing to accept you into our fine town for anything you might need. The thing is, the ponies here aren't immediately trusting. By nature, we tend to be easily spooked by something new. In this case, the sudden appearance of a new species. We'll have to take this slowly and introduce the three of you quietly to somepony I trust."

The young man, growing increasingly bored at this moment, casually shrugged, "Sounds fair. When do you think is a good time?"

Twilight smiled and opened her mouth with a raised hoof when she was suddenly pushed back by a rainbow-colored blur. Leon stood back up in surprise, but instantly relaxed once she realized who the blur hovering in front of him was. Rainbow Sash, was it? Anyway, the blue pony glared at him with a glare intense enough for even him to know that she meant business. Maintaining her gaze, she spoke up.

"Actually, before we do that, there are some other things we need to discuss."

Now, Leon was starting to get annoyed. All he wanted to do was to meet whoever the purple one said and set up wherever they put them so they could continue on their plans. Except, the blue one was stopping their progress to a screeching halt. The last things Leon wanted was delays. They could cost him too much for the mission to carry on!

With a glare of his own, Leon replied in a mockingly worried tone, "Oh, by all means! Please, share what you have to say ma'am. I'd surely hate to make a bad impression."

The other ponies and baby dragon looked at the captain with unimpressed and annoyed looks while Jason and Sarah quietly sighed with hanging heads. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash had already started cursing under her breath as she only focused even harder on the human before her. It was as if there was nopony else but him and her. Here and now, she would make certain that this "Man" would know not to mess with her and her friends. Suddenly, Rainbow pointed a hoof at Leon's nose.

"Listen here, buster!" Rainbow shouted, "Do you have any idea who you're talking to? We're the Mane Six, the Elements of Harmony, and you'd be smart enough to know that we don't tolerate anyone making trouble for us. So don't you get any ideas or you'll be sorry. Got it?"

Leon couldn't help but crack a confident smirk, "I'll be on my best behavior."

"Oh, really? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!" echoed an unknown voice to the group's surprise and confusion.

In between Leon and Rainbow Dash, a white light burst in a brilliant flash, blinding everyone temporarily. After the flash had subsided, Leon had blinked and shook his head to clear his vision. But when he could see clearly, he saw something incredible standing before him. After a moment, his only thought was, "What. The hell?" There standing before him was a... creature? Its features, its appendages, its serpentine body, all together where they shouldn't be as the creature exhibited a carefree posture and attitude. Everything about it seemed so unnatural that he wasn't convinced it was real for moment.

However, Leon's denial broke when the creature turned to him and his lieutenants.

"To be completely honest, I doubt that." the creature said in a tone full of charisma and confidence. "I mean, look at the three of you. With everything you've just been through earlier this morning, you'd be having total chaos all over Ponyville in no time! Rumors, conspiracies, distrust, and most of all, mass hysteria! Oh, the panic you would cause. As if there wasn't enough of it already."

The trio of human quickly broke their stances and took defensive positions. With shields opened and their gladius swords drawn, the Captain stood in front while Sarah and Jason stood on either side of him. Leon tried to stand his ground, but this creature was unnerving to him. Everything about it was just wrong, disorderly, random,... chaotic? Leon gasped; this thing must be the same being he heard from folktales and campfire stories when he was a child.

"Chaos Dragon?" he whispered to himself.

Leon thought he was too quiet to be heard, until-

"Ooooh, I think I'll add that one to my resume!" a miniature voice squeaked in his ear.

Leon turned his head to his shoulder where he saw the creature again on his shoulder, small enough to fit in the palm of his hand, propping itself with its claw on his neck and smiling smugly. While Sarah and Jason jumped away, Leon yelled out in surprise, shook the creature off of him, and slammed his shield into the ground. He only hoped that he killed it.

"My, my. Aren't we a bit jumpy?"

With eyes wide open, the Captain snapped his head up to see its face mere inches away from his own. He grunted as he quickly rolled back a distance away. Jason had pounced on the creature's back and wrapped his arms tightly around his neck while Sarah charged in with her sword in position to strike it down. Suddenly, a second flash of light blinded them for a moment before a third one appeared at their right, revealing it with its arms crossed.

With an offended scowl, it scoffed, "Well, now you're just being awful guests. I mean, all I've done is try to introduce you three to out humble home with the best welcoming I could offer and this is how you treat me! Oh, how rude!"

"Discord!"

The humans and 'Discord' turned to see Twilight Sparkle, whose piercing glare had already aimed at the strange creature.

She made her way to him and said, "These people are here from on an important mission, not sightseeing! We brought them here in hopes of giving them a place to set up and investigate the series of crimes committed in Ponyville. If Captain Kin's claims are correct then we're up against something bigger than we previously thought. So if you please jus-"

"Oh, my! You mean there's more to all of this than just some ruffian screwing around with other ponies' livelihoods?" Discord interrupted. "Well, why didn't you say so? I can just take all of you to Princess Celestia and we can settle this matter together! How does that sound? Good? Good."

Before Twilight could finish her sentence, Discord snapped his fingers and everyone in the immediate area had vanished in yet another flash of white light without a trace.


Princess Celestia had been pacing back and forth across her throne room for over an hour now. The letter she had received from Spike had the most troubling news about Ponyville yet, explaining that the culprit has apparently started kidnapping Zecora from her home! She could let out an exhausted and worried sigh. At his point, the criminal situation on Ponyville has become critical. It has become delicate enough to risk disaster at the slightest mistake.

Celestia continued on pondering until the sound of the doors creaking open and hoof steps reached her ears. She snapped out of her thoughts and turned her head to see her nightly sister walking down the room, approaching her elder sibling.

"Luna! Thank heavens you've made it."

"I'm glad to have made it, sister," Said Princess Luna. "I can only hope that I have responded in time. Even my Night Guard can only do so much."

"No, Luna. You have done whatever you can and it is always appreciated."

"Say, sister, about those reports? I am starting to believe that... they have returned."

Celestia gasped. She had seen the similarities between the suspect and them, but there was nothing conclusive.

She replied, her hoof holding her little sister's head up, "Luna, there is no need to about them anymore. They are gone."

Princess Luna took deep breaths to relax. Despite her worries, she knew that she had to keep a level head. She couldn't afford to appear unfit in handling this crisis. For now, Celestia would just have Shining Armor to prepare a squadron and help in facing the culprit. The elder sister opened her mouth a give out an order when...

*FLASH!*

A white light flashed throughout the room, revealing Discord, Mane Six, and... three other creatures. Celestia and Luna looked upon the scene in shock and confusion as Discord stood confidently while stumbled and slipped to gain their footing. However, what caught her attention the most was one of the three new creatures that stood before her. Once it finally stood up, the creature looked around in all directions with a panicked expression on its face. It finally ceased its frantic gazing when it ended up turning to see Princesses.

They stared at each other for a moment, quietly analyzing each other and considering their options on what to do in their time meeting. This creature was very striking in its appearance. Its broad and muscular body and its deep, yet smooth voice indicated to her that it was a male, like a young stallion. Its armor, however minimal as it only covers the chest and extremities, seemed simple yet strong in their design. The faceless helmet hanging off its straps was also easily noticeable with the bright red coloring shining in the sunlight with the stained-glass windows around them. Deciding to be friendly, Celestia gently cleared her throat.

"Greetings, sir." she calmly said with a small smile. "I see that you have met Twilight Sparkle and her friends. And Discord as well."

"What. the hell! IS ALL THIS!!" he shouted at the Princess.

Celestia stepped back in surprise. The new subject stood tall enough for him to look at her in the eye. This was far more personal than any other creature than she met, which were either much larger or smaller than her.

Still, she kept her nerve and responded, "Please, sir. I understand this might be a lot to take in. How about we-"

"I don't care what anyone does at this point!" Leon snarled. "Just keep all this freakiness away from me for five minutes, please? I need to sit."

Celestia nodded, "Of course. Take all the time you need."

At that point, the humans were left alone in the throne room to let them calm down and think things through. In the meantime, everyone else stood right outside in front of the doors. Twilight Sparkle and Spike stood before the Princess with everyone else right beside them.

"Well, Twilight. One minute, I had received a letter from your assistant about a kidnapping situation and then the next, you and your new companions suddenly appear before me with Discord's assistance, apparently. Care to walk me through on all of this?"

"Of course," Twilight replied. "Starlight and I were going to visit Zecora for help when we discovered her home in ruins. We managed to find her with the three you met, Leon, Sarah, Jason. After that, we reached an understanding and decided we'd meet with you."

Twilight shot an annoyed look at Discord, "That is until somepony decided to cut our discussion short."

The draconeques only scoffed with crossed arms, feeling unappreciated again. Princess Celestia ignored the last comment and nodded with understanding. The rest of the group continued helping Twilight explaining in further detail.


Something about this had bothered him for the past half hour or so. For once, Leon Kin, the Captain of the Striker Elite, was shocked. He had already heard tales of strange and horrific monsters back home in Americano. Hell, he had even seen and fought such monsters! Though, the thing about them was that they were biologically reasonable. There was no magic or special powers, nothing supernatural at all! And yet here in this land, not only the ponies exhibiting magical abilities but that... creature. There was nothing reasonable about it.

Everything about it was just a haphazard collection of body parts and abilities! Yet, he knew some things about it from his childhood stories, stories about the Chaos Dragon. He always thought they were simply myth due to the sheer inconsistency of details, but perhaps the creature's existence would be enough to prove him wrong. Not to mention, those two equines with their shining adornments and their sparkling manes flowing like water. They almost seem... angelic. He could wonder to himself who they were.

Right now, though, he didn't care. He looked up from the steps he was sitting to see his Lieutenants scattered across the room. Sarah was laying on her back with her arms crossed behind her head while Jason wandered around aimlessly.

Leon finally decided he had enough of all this thinking and sitting around and stood up. His Lieutenants immediately took notice and stood before him side-by-side.

With newfound confidence, Leon said, "Alright, here's what we're gonna do. I don't know what this place is or any of the creatures we've met so far, but I won't let that distract us from the mission at hand. We must remain focused and determined to see this through. Understand?"

The Lieutenants answered, "Yes, sir!"

"Good. Now, let's go."

And with that, the humans walked just before they reached the doors. Their large and tall frame was imposing, but it was nothing unlike those back home. After a deep breath, the trio pushed the doors open and saw the magical creatures who were waiting patiently for them. The white Equine and the smaller, blue one were standing in front of the other creatures with calm expressions. At this point, he knew that these two were of a high authority of this land. Given their attire, their stature, and their attitude, they were probably the rulers.

With hands behind his back, he said, "Ma'am. We are ready."

The white Equine smiled, "That's good to hear."

Author's Note:

Okay, before you guys get mad, please let me explain. I was being ambitious, and maybe a little arrogant, by saying that. The thing is, I was struggling with another set of stories that I hope to turn into film one day as a screenwriter. This is just a hobby that I'm having fun with and it doesn't help me work since I'm a closet brony. I don't feel comfortable with the idea of my family knowing I like this stuff.
Not to mention, college has been taking more of my time than I thought, but that's probably on old excuse by now. Right now, I've decided to try and take it easy with my stories. Life's too short to get worried about what to do, after all. Bottom line, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for this long. I genuinely like the show and I hope to make more progress in the future. Hope you still enjoy this!

P.S. Does anyone know how I can get a cover pic? I tried looking for one online, but it felt cheap and unprofessional.