• Published 24th Apr 2019
  • 846 Views, 18 Comments

The Final Strike - BlackDragon



Celestia thought they were gone. She thought it would never happen again. She was wrong. They were never gone, only hidden; and they would come back to haunt her.

  • ...
2
 18
 846

Chapter 7: Obligations

Finally, Leon could relax and feel a bit more at home in this rather otherworldly land. Not three days upon exploring and he had already seen things that disproved many things he thought - no, knew - weren't real! And yet, here they were standing before two winged unicorns with sparkling, flowing manes and their disciple after speaking with a bunch of talking Equines and being teleported by a living abstract with the charisma of an aristocrat! What a world this is...

Oh well, he'd just report all of what he could confidently describe in his message back to camp. Right now, he and his Lieutenants have three VIPs to discuss matters with. The two species stood across from each other on a beautifully adorned table that seemed large enough to seat many guests at once. The purple one, Twilight Sparkle, could barely contain her excitement as she had a quill and parchment in her magic resting before her. However, the other two were far more calm and restrained.

One of them stood taller than the rest. An Equine with a snow white coat, like the plumage on her large wings, and a long, pointed horn on her head. Her mane was made up of several colors, ranging from pink, blue, and even a shade of green. Her younger sister, on the other hand, had a deep blue coat and plumage and an equally blue mane that sparkled like the stars at night. The two of them also wore horseshoes, necklaces, and crowns that matched them in thematic color.

As soon as the everyone settled, the white Equine cleared her throat.

"Alright," she said. "Why don't we start off with introductions? I'm Celestia, ruler of Equestria. This is my sister, Luna. She rules alongside me. I'm sure you have already met Twilight Sparkle. She currently rules nearby Ponyville."

Said Equine gave a shy smirk as she waved quietly. Leon and Jason simply nodded in response while Sarah waved back with a big smile.

Leon responded with a small bow, "I am Leon Kin, Captain of the Striker Elite. These are my Lieutenants, Sarah Hart and Jason Morales. We were sent to this land to search for rough striker who broke ranks. He gained a platoon of soldiers to follow him in committing acts of terror against the public. We've captured most of his men and shut down his operation, but he and the rest of his platoon managed to escape here in... Equestria, is it? Anyway, we could only confirm that he is setting up somewhere in the forest, but his location currently remains unknown."

The Captain crossed his arms and sighed, "I do apologize for bringing this upon you and your people, Your Highness. From what I understand, you lot don't exactly approve of it."

The princesses frowned, Twilight most of all after having seen the violence of the humans' mission herself. Celestia herself was surprised by the circumstances herself. Nevertheless, she remained steadfast to the Captain.

She said, "I understand, Captain Kin. However, my duty to protect my little ponies will remain as it always was and I will ensure their safety in the midst of your mission. I also have the Royal Guard under the command of Captain Shining Armor. If you ever feel the need, he will be more than happy to lend you a helping hoof. I have already sent word of this to him."

Leon gave a small smile, "That is very much appreciated, Your Highness."

"Surprising for these creatures to have their own military despite their apparently gentle nature," he thought to himself. "Perhaps they aren't as peaceful as they claim."

"E-Excuse me! Um, may I say something," Twilight suddenly spoke with a raised hoof. She started off confident only to retract slightly after all eyes focused on her.

"Of course, Twilight," Celestia responded. "What is on your mind?"

"Well, I've thinking while our new visitors are with us now, if they would be willing to share anything about their home, Lushiro. They mentioned some bits and pieces, but nothing definitive."

Twilight's smile grew wider as her excitement grew. She was even clapping her hooves and her wings had spread proudly.

"I mean, it's just so exciting! A new species from a new land, both unlike anything we've ever seen! There could be so much we might learn form each other's cultures!"

Celestia giggled at her little pony's giddiness. She was always eager to learn whatever she could about her world since she was a little filly. Even Jason and Sarah smiled in amusement, especially Sarah. Leon, however, was indifferent. He wasn't a fan of sharing their way of life; something that was previously kept to the humans and other creatures of Lushiro for thousands of years with no outside force having ever intruding on them.

Still, this could help these creatures in gaining their trust. He would just have to appear comfortable with them for the time being. Besides, with the power they posses, what harm could a little sharing really do?

"Well if you are curious about our ways, I suppose that we could answer a few questions," the Captain said.

Twilight smiled widely and bounced all over the table, squealing and laughing to her heart's content. She even took to the air a couple of times as her wings starting flapping unconsciously. All except one were bewildered by the display with the one being Sarah, who could barley hold in her own excitement as she looked on in adoration. Suddenly, Twilight was stopped when a golden aura engulfed her body and gently lowered her back to her seat. With a gentle smile, Celestia released the excited pony, who quickly calmed down and sat straight with a nervous smile.

"Uh, hehehe. Sorry about for that. Where do we start?"


If it weren't for the guards standing outside, or even the lock being put in place, the door would've been knocked down from its hinges. The reason being that Dash, Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Starlight, and Discord have all been crowding to get a closer look at the situation inside. Ever since Twilight and the Princesses were left alone with the humans, there has been an unceasing tension in the atmosphere. Rainbow Dash had even threatened to bust her way inside and speak with the human in charge herself, but she had quickly been denied that opportunity by Applejack when she lassoed her to the ground. Meanwhile, Starlight Glimmer, the more level-headed pony of the group, had sat away from the group with a hoof under her chin and a thoughtful face.

Besides Starlight, everypony had resorted to listening to the sounds on the walls. They were all eager to hear, but Pinkie Pie was the most curious of all of them.

"What's going on?-What are they talking about?-Why is it so quiet?-Are they even talking at all?!-Are they even in the same room?!-SOMEPONY TELL ME!!"

She constantly ran side-to-side across the walls as she tried to find the best spot to hear the conversation inside. As her curiosity grew, so did her antics. Sometimes, she would climb all over the walls and even somehow hang onto the ceiling in her search for the perfect spot. The rest of the ponies have tried do the same, without nearly the amount of energy as Pinkie, and have also failed.

"Ugh, this is so stupid," Rainbow Dash groaned. "After a month of crap and saving Zecora, we come back home on that... thing... with those Strike Team guys, then we finally get to the bottom of it and we don't even get a say in the matter?! RIDICULOUS!!"

"Ah know, right," said Applejack. "Ah mean Twilight of all ponies should know that we all need ta be together on this! Who know what we're up against now!"

"Uh, girls" whispered Fluttershy before she was suddenly interrupted.

"It is such a travesty indeed," said Rarity. "Oh Twilight, that poor dear. How is she going to do this with those people and the barbaric acts they've committed?! It is just horrendous!"

"Um. Girls?"

"Yeah, what the heck just happened back there," said Dash again. "Are they in a middle of a war or something?! And look at what they've done with Zecora! What's wrong with them?!"

"I can hardly say for sure, but what I can say is that it simply will NOT stand and we will make sure that they know it!"

"You know it, sugar cube. An' Ah jus' can't stand that guy's attitude either, the tall one. He's actin' like none o' this matters to him while his friends are jus' takin' orders from 'im, no questions asked."

"Girls?"

"Heck yeah! Who does he think he is? Those guys who use their friends for their own use are just a pain in the flank!"

"Here, here," Rarity cheered.

"Gir-"

"Oh, that's just cute," an all to familiar voice chortled.

The mares turned to see Discord laying peacefully on a hammock mysteriously strung into the castle's structure, but exactly where it was attached could not be seen. After sipping the last of his chocolate milk, or rather drank the glass while the milk itself retained its shape, he tossed his out the window without a care before it landed with an explosion. He got off the hammock as it magically disappeared and leaned his claw against the wall.

"It's obvious that there is only one thing to do at a time like this."

"And what exactly might that be, Discord," Rarity asked with suspicion. "Because if your previous attempt at helping us is of any indication, then we probably wouldn't like it in the end."

"She's got a point," Starlight added. "That was reckless back there. And judging by their reaction to you, I think that Leon, Sarah, and Jason haven't seen creatures like those in Equestria. It's possible that they might be only sentient species in their homeland."

"Oh, don't be preposterous," Discord chuckled as he playfully ruffled Starlight's mane. "Those people in that room are our guests and as such, it is our responsibility to welcome them in our humble home. First, obviously, we should take a listen in there. I wonder what juicy secrets they have to share."

With a snap of his fingers, Discord summoned a stethoscope already set in his ears. He placed the diaphragm onto the wall, searching for a spot to listen to. Finally, he stopped and listened in. He immediately started giggling and gasping at whatever he must have been hearing. This really caught the ponies' attention, especially Rainbow Dash who practically snatched the stethoscope from the draconeques' possession as she demanded to have her turn.

"Hey, gimme that!"

The draconeques crossed his arms as Rainbow Dash used the device for herself, but she did not hear anyone speak. In fact, no matter hard she tried, she didn't hear anyone at all. Suspecting foul play, she took off the stethoscope and inspected, in her own crude fashion with shaking and tapping the bell with her hoof, until the device suddenly collapsed and turned into a swarm of flies that left as quickly as it appeared. She glared at Discord with an unimpressed and somewhat annoyed look on her face as the draconeques was trying not to laugh.

"You know what? I fricking hate you."

"Hey champ, what has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap," The draconeques asked before pointing said two thumbs to himself. "Discord! How ya doin'?

Everypony else could only facehoof.


"I see," said Twilight in fascination. "So, Ricano is actually two states inside of a territory?"

"Yes, and no," Leon thoughtfully replied. "You see, Ricano is a state, but the founders of the Striker Elite have formed their own tribes near the main villages thousands of years ago. This eventually led to them needing their own societal class which now inhabits the province of Andea within the Northeast of Ricano, near the mountains. From there, the soldiers follow leadership of the Commander but he also follows orders from the Emperor, who has power over all of Ricano."

"That is interesting," said Celestia. "However, I couldn't help but notice that your people seem to have an unusual focus with their military forces. I mean, as you said, your fellow soldiers live in their own class in society. That, in and of itself, is unusual to me."

"I understand, Your Highness. Though, I just hope you realize that this place is very different from Lushiro in many ways so far."

"Oh? What doth thou mean," asked Luna in her olden tongue our of formality.

"Well for one, Lushiro is much harsher than Equestria appears to be," Leon said with a slight hesitance in his voice. "The weather can be unpredictable with flash floods, thunderstorms, earthquakes, drought. We would also often come into conflict with other creatures threatening our homes to the point of fighting."

"Fighting," Celestia asked in surprise and concern.

"Yes, fighting. Mind you, it doesn't happen all that often but it does happen. They mostly occur with creatures we've had 'issues' with in the past who hold a grudge. We did manage to make alliances with some species, but we could only come to an uneasy peace with others through trade and guarding our borders."

The three ponies looked on with wide eyes. They could never imagine a world where fighting between different people was considered the norm. It all sounded so brutal, barbaric even. They have met plenty of creatures that were far from peaceful, but even they were never known to be violent or aggressive. Besides that, some of them had even became allies of Equestria over time. While it was pleasant to hear that the humans of Lushiro had achieved the same, the fact they still have enemies was unexpected.

"My word," Celestia continued.

"Yeah," Twilight added. 'I-I'm sorry, but this all sounds... disturbing."

"Indeed," Luna also added, except with slight admiration, much to the surprise of the other two. "We have never known such hardships as bitter enemies and natural disasters, nor has anypony beyond our borders. It is remarkable you make a living despite them."

"We've learned to make do with what we have," Leon said, simply contented. "I admit it can get a little... ugly, but please understand. It's a necessary evil in order to achieve any kind of peace in an otherwise dangerous world. Of course, we couldn't have done it without help. The creatures we've aligned with were invaluable to us on the battlefield."

Before the princesses could nod in understanding, Twilight gasped with her hooves covering her mouth. Her eyes started sparkling when she pounced to the humans in excitement and joy with a quill and parchment still at hoof, ever so eager to learn what she can about their new guests. Even if the action had somewhat startled them.

"I almost forgot about that! If Lushiro is as isolated as you said, then there must TONS of other species you've encountered throughout your history! How many are there? What are they like? How did you manage to form allegiances with them? I mean, with the environmental and cultural aspects we've gone over so far, it must have been such a-"

"Ahem!"

Twilight instantly stopped as she looked behind her to see Princess Celestia placing her back to her seat with her magic again. This time, Celestia had a more serious look on her face, lacking the understanding and compassionate smile she had not to long ago. After a brief moment of peace, and Twilight's second apology, Leon cleared his throat before continuing.

"Yes, well, anyway. We have, in fact, encountered many different species. One of them is our closest ally, the Carnotaurs. They're giant, bipedal, predatory reptiles covered in spikes and horns. In the ancient times, their great strength and speed made them powerful companions during combat. Then there's our rivals, Wyverns, ferocious and ruthless flying reptiles with toxic venom. Of course, there is also some of the more obscure species, such as the Jaguars, the river-dwelling Munuane, the mushroom-like Kayeri, the insectoid Abuhuku, and the ape-like Mapinguari."

All three princesses listened with great interest, Twilight being the most studious of all as she was constantly talking notes. She would only stop to ask how to spell a certain name or two. The Wyverns Leon mentioned had her interest the most due to his descriptions of this creature, with leathery winged forearms, horned faces, and spaded tails. She even wondered aloud if they might be a distant relative of the dragons. The humans were quite shocked at the existence of dragons after hearing from her own experiences with dragons after believing them to be myth.

Soon, everyone continued their conversation until they finally got the matter at hand... er, hoof? They started by considering how the people of Equestria would take to their new guests. They were confident that, the princesses' blessing, the humans would be able to set up base to begin their investigation and even walk among them if need be. Of course, there is also the matter of cooperating with the Elements of Harmony; the six ponies they had met before. Leon, Sarah, and Jason have expressed their concern regarding this, even commenting on how Rainbow Dash had been rather distrusting.

Princess Celestia had only told them to give her time and get to know her. She sounded so sure that, somehow, everything would work out. Leon couldn't share this feeling, but he was willing to trust her since she is the ruler of this strange land and she clearly knew more about it and its inhabitants than he or his Lieutenants did. After they've come to a stopping point, Celestia ordered her guards to take the humans to their guest rooms. The guards complied and they all left the room to go their separate ways for the day.

No one knew what tomorrow would bring, but they did know that it may bring the toughest challenges they all had faced yet.


After some scolding from Fluttershy, Discord had finally agreed to help her friends in getting a closer look at the room inside. With a snap of his fingers, everypony was able to see through the wall with his own transparency spell. They were even able to hear their conversation, despite it being slightly muffled. Except for Discord, they were taken aback by the some of the more "ghastly" details, as Rarity put it, but they continued listening until they've finished and started leaving the room.

"Oh, shoot! They're coming," Rainbow Dash harshly whispered as she zipped back to her place with the others.

Discord immediately removed the transparency spell just before the doors opened. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had thanked Leon and his Lieutenants for their patience and cooperation. They returned to the throne room while the guards led the humans to their rooms. While everyone else was making their leave, Rainbow Dash halted and looked around for a second before she snuck away in front of Leon, her face mere inches way from his. Her stealth was so keen that he actually jumped. Probably for the first time in years.

"Watch yourself, buddy. I've got my eye on you," Rainbow Dash whispered, pointing her hoof at her eyes and then at Leon's.

He could scoff as the Pegasus flew off with her friends. As he returned to his Lieutenants, Leon could only hope that he could get this phase of the plan over with.

Author's Note:

A new chapter, baby! You'd think that being stuck at home due to... current events could help me work on this more. Heh, guess not. Either way hope you enjoy this!