• Published 21st Feb 2019
  • 403 Views, 9 Comments

Trench - Dashie04



On the moon, there is a city, which is domed in. They call this city Lema, it was once ruled by Luna, but she passed the leadership down to nine bishops who rule the city with an iron hoof.

  • ...
 9
 403

Legend

I land at the campfire, and examine how fast the Banditos got set up.

“Quick wood delivery?” I ask.

Dust nods, and examines the meager group behind me.

“That’s really everypony you managed to get together?” he asks, irritated.

I smile sheepishly.”Well, most of them died while fighting my way out of Lema.”

Dust nods in understanding and walks behind the fire.”Might as well get comfortable, we’re going to be loners for a while.”

For once, I notice how few Banditos there actually are, we weren’t great in number, but everypony matters. I payed that we didn’t end up as loners and that we’d maybe find civilization like Trench. A place where everypony can rest in solace, not afraid of what’s coming. I just wanted to be somewhere else, I wasn’t good enough on my own, I needed other ponies to help me be good.

“So,” Dust says,”we have to start telling stories for entertainment, as nopony here is a guaranteed writer, so we’re improvising for entertainment.”

Dust kicks off the story-telling spree. He tells a quick little story about ‘Ace and the Beanstalk’, one we’d all heard before. Although he does add some of his own flavor to it, as I’m pretty sure the giant wasn’t a machine in the original.

As the storyteller role goes around the circle and gets closer to me, I wonder what I’m going to tell. Soon it dawns on me, I wouldn’t tell a make-believe story, but a real one. After the pony next to me is done, one I’d never got the name of, tells his story, it arrives to me. It’s getting late, but I wanted to tell mine before I fell alseep.

Dust checks out Earth as it’s going through the sky.

“Banditos, it’s getting late, we should go to sleep.” He lies down and closes his eyes.

Instead of going to sleep, I say,”Hold on, I want to tell a story.”

Dust sighs,”Prancey! We should be going to sleep at this damn hour! It’s like midnight!”

“I want to tell the story of a living legend,” I start.

I hear a collective sigh, nopony wanted to hear me talk about this.

“I want to tell a story of a lunar pony.” I continue.

“Let me guess,” Dust groans,”they’re fake?”

I shake my head.

Dust rolls his eyes.”Story’s over, good night.”

Out of force of will, I continue.”Her parents casted her out at a very young age, just because she was different. Her wings, or lack thereof, were the sole problem about her, nothing else, but our pegasus-wired minds, pegasus being a word I saw in a textbook of what we are based off of, couldn’t fathom a lack of wings.

“She wandered until she found a whole in the surface, she made it her home, running back to her city and collecting some others who didn’t fit in. She went back to that hole in the surface and assigned duties, collecting moon-delivery ships to give to her community. She eventually got an idea for a name, they called the hole Trench. She made everypony feel at home, allowing them to decorate their alcoves how they saw fit. She gathered more ponies until she had a self-sufficient community, all of them not feeling like they fit in with their community.

“On my first escape from Lema, I stumbled upon her community. She welcomed me with open wings, figuratively of course. She gave me a place to stay, and answered all my questions about Trench with heavy patience. I used to be quite the question-asker.

“Soon, we left Trench alone, we wanted to run away from Ocin, who had found my location at the time. We looked for civilization, but her incorruptible will to want to be with Trench forced her and me to run back to check on them. When we got there, Ocin had invaded, but we still fought him, in her case, she fought them to the death. Every breath she gave was an effort to help Trench, to make it better, all up until her inevitable death.”

Dust who was, thank Luna, still awake. Interrupted me.”Yeah, great story, I totally believe in that pony with a lack of wings.”

“Scoff all you want, but she was real, she was called Wingless. She was my first friend, the person who taught me to care about others. I consider her a living legend.”

“Now, could you forget about her and go to sleep?” Dust asks, fully irritated now.

“No,” I reply,”I don’t think I will.”

I look out towards Earth, smiling that I shared Wingless’ story, even if no one believed me.

“If she was real, you should just trot on over to Trench and put it back together,” Dust snarks.

“I think I’ll do that,” I reply, absentmindedly, still looking towards Earth.

I stare into the deep blue seas and think to myself, Wingless, if you are out there somewhere, I look forwards to having a lunch with you again.

I lay on the ground, still smiling, I think I’d head to Trench tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Surprise! An update! One that didn’t take multiple weeks, to boot!

I have one last chapter for this story. I really enjoy how this one came out, and I would end the story on this if ‘Leave This City’ didn’t exist.

Also, I have a whole relation with Celestia (in this case, Luna) with God, so that exists.

All in all, prepare for one last chapter, and then prepare for Equestrian Idiot.