• Published 21st Feb 2019
  • 395 Views, 9 Comments

Trench - Dashie04



On the moon, there is a city, which is domed in. They call this city Lema, it was once ruled by Luna, but she passed the leadership down to nine bishops who rule the city with an iron hoof.

  • ...
 9
 395

Jumpsuit

I’m Prancey, and am currently on the run. I live in Lema, a domed city on the moon, and I want to escape with all my life. Though certain bishops don’t want me to do anything.

Of course I’m not living where they won’t let me get outside.

I’ve tried multiple times to escape this place, and nothing really ever comes to fruition. I want Luna back, too bad she’s ruling with Celestia on Earth.

This time, I have a plan that I’m fairly certain will work. I purchased a jumpsuit at a local shop on Lema, got it in yellow. Dashing color. I’m trying to get it on.

I might’ve gotten it a little too small, which is a little shitty. But I have a feeling this will be the scheme that gets me out of Lema. Instead of breaking through the dome, like I’ve been trying to, I’m getting it at the source. One last look at myself, with my green eyes, silver coat, and a messy black mane. I wouldn’t be seeing it again for a while.

Finally, I get the jumpsuit on, there’s voices in my head telling me to stop it. I have no idea if they are friend or foe, but everytime I’ve attempted to escape, the same voices tell me to stop. I always ignore them.

I leave my house, and decide to head to the street. I fly down several flights of stairs in my skyscraper and hit the bottom. There are ponies on hovercraft soaring on the street there. I look around and finally locate them, the nine bishops, rulers of Lema, or at least their headquarters. They tower above every building in the city, and have that radiance about them, that little thing that tells you to just shut the buck up and listen.

I was never good at that, as you probably know by now.

I hop on my hovercraft apperatus and ride it towards the bishop headquarters. When I get there, the doors are locked, of course. I decide to kick them open, that only made my hind legs hurt. I had no experience picking locks, so I had to find a different way in.

Luckily for me, the bishops have windows.

I pick up a moonstone and throw it at the window, bracing for an alarm.

Sure enough, an alarm does sound, I curse under my breath and hide behind the closest rock.

A bishop comes rushing out, he takes a walkie-talkie in his hands and alerts the rest of the complex.

“It’s probably that idiot Prancey again, we need to crackdown and stop him for good.” He rushes past my hiding space.

I’m so bucking screwed. I think, crouching as low as I can. I decide to make a beline for the door.

Flying as fast as I can, I dash inside. Realizing how much I hate Lema’s government, the thing sucks, I try to find any hiding places in the complex I can. I’ve never been in here, so I have no clue what the layout is. I presumed it wouldn’t be to much different from the skyscraper I live in. It’s a very monotonous place, comprised of grate flooring, and some piping on the ceiling, presumably collecting fresh air to provide to Lema. There’s a corridor every few hundred feet, and I knew one of those would have the way I want to go.

The pressure of finding a place to hide heavily weighs on my back as I fly back and forth in the complex, looking for a staircase. Hearing guards’ hoofsteps approaching, I take a bet and fly to the ceiling, hiding amongst the pipes.

Not my brightest moment, especially since every batpony has wings.

They notice me in 2 seconds flat, so I detach myself from the ceiling and fly down the one corridor I haven’t been into. The guards chase me like their entire paycheck banks on catching me. They are dressed in thick plate armor, and all carry a shotgun.

The best news is that the armor heavily restricts their flying capabilities, while there are wing slots cut into it, it’s still heavy. My jumpsuit is a similar design, although it covers all of me instead of just my body, and is made of cloth.

I fly up the stairs, which are of course down the last corridor I check, and I decide to find out how to escape once and for all.

I hit the control room, which is comprised of a bunch of switches, levers, and equipment I don’t know the name of. It also holds several monitors, from the cameras placed around town. I pray to Luna that nopony should notice me in here. I shut the door and lock it, just as the guards are coming up.

I turn towards the monitors, and take a view of the city. There is a way out way up high, but it would be hard to reach to, as the opening is incredibly small, and I only brought a jumpsuit. I ferociously look around for a saw or a metal cutter to open the top, when I hear a voice.

“Well, well, well, Prancey’s trying to escape again, isn’t he?”

I knew that voice immediately, it was Ocin, the leader of the bishops. Nopony knew his real name, but he always went by Ocin. He constantly sent us pamphlets on how Lema was the superior moon colony, and how we wouldn’t be accepted on Earth because we were batponies.

I turn towards Ocin, he looks just as bucking smug as he always does in the photos. Having a nicely groomed short mane, sliver with age, a penetrating black glare, a blue coat almost as deep as Luna’s, and a cocky smile that I just wanted to wipe straight off his condescending face.

“Yes I am, and to stop my plans, you’d have to brainwash me, and cut off all four of my hooves, my wings too! This bucking place is so shitty. I want to get out!” I frantically mess with the levers in an attempt to break free.

“Strong words coming from such an ambitious rebel. Maybe today you’ll die, there’s 3 dozen fully armed guards behind that door, and I could unlock it right now. What’d you have to say then, rebel? You will embrace Lema, all we want is to keep you safe, hence the restrictions on going to the outside, with no oxygen.” He trots around the room, with his nose pointed in the air.

Ocin walks over to the door and unlocks it. Almost instantly, a collection of guards rushes in. I frantically fly up as far as I can and say,”I hope I can get protected by my jumpsuit.”

Ocin laughs.”Your jumpsuit won’t help you now.”

Then, the guards fly at me.

Author's Note:

Hold the phone, a SAB story that doesn’t have to do with a musician?

To that my reader, I say yes. After seeing Cerulean recommended in the most recent Seattle’s Angels’ review, I realized that a story based on a concept album would be awesome.

I chose Trench, one of the few concept albums I’ve heard, also a great one.

This chapter’s (loosely) based on the song Jumpsuit (hence the name)

Also, I think I was possessed for the last hour because this writing’s actually good, somehow.

As always, constructive criticism is allowed and encouraged.