• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,176 Views, 16 Comments

The Final Battle for Equestria - Songbrony



Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot and ruled over Equestria for 50 years. Can Luna stop her?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,176

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Take them! Take them all my minions! Don’t let any survive! “You won’t get away with this Chrysalis! We will stop you!” Such pathetic weaklings! Stay out of my way! “Blaze! Linus! Run!

*GASP* Blaze jolted upright. He frantically searched his surroundings. He started to calm down. He was safe. He was at the camp, not Canterlot.It was just a nightmare. Blaze thought as he slowly worked his way out of bed. He had been having that nightmare, that retched memory of his parent’s death, play over in his head every night. The screams. The shouts. The chaos that ensued. He could still vividly see the dead bodies of his parents, bloody, lifeless, unresponsive to anything. They were just…dead.

“Oh good. You’re awake. Luna is about to make her announcement. I need you to come with me.” The healer said as she entered the tent. She grabbed his hoof and rushed him outside.

“Announcement? Announcement for what?” Blaze asked, still awakening from his restless night.

“The announcement about the mole.” The healer replied.

“She’s making an announcement in front of the entire army? But that means the mole will know that we are looking for him.” Blaze said. He couldn’t figure out why they would tell the mole that he was being searched for instead of secretly scanning the edges of camp in order to capture him.

“I don’t know what she is going to say about the mole. Only that it is of dire importance that you are there.” The healer said, rushing him towards the center of the camp. He was shoved in front of Luna who smiled when she saw him.

“Blaze! I’m so glad you are awake. I know that you must still be exhausted, but I need you to be here when I tell them about the mole. If they see you, the one who heard it, we may be able to draw the mole out.” Luna said in a hushed voice.

“I’ll do my best not to look to worn out ma’am.” He replied. "It might be bad for morale if they see an exhausted, beat down official.”

“If you think it would help, do it.” Luna said as she headed for the front of the crowd. “Attention soldiers of the Aureolian army! We have news that is of grave importance. One of our top members was captured by the Leasath, and prior to his rescue, he learned of a mole that was within our ranks. This mole has been feeding information to the enemy for an unknown period of time.” Luna exclaimed. “We do not know of the name or whereabouts of this mole. It could be anypony. So I would ask all of you, to please keep an eye out for any suspicious pony.” Luna ordered. She wanted to find this mole before anything went amiss with her plan of attack on the supply routes.

“That is all. I wish the best of luck to all of us on our mission today. We will get resupplied by the end of the night if this mission goes well.” Luna added. As the crowd dispersed in hushed tones and whispers of this ‘mole,’ Luna walked over to Blaze and Hex. “Ok, Linus is now patrolling the area to look for anything suspicious. Blaze, I’m going to tell you what our plan of attack is for the day. If you would follow me.”

They entered the tent Blaze had slept in the night before. Hex pulled out a detailed map of the surrounding area and enemy encampments. “There is Camp ‘A’ which is about 10 miles away from here. There is another camp, Camp ‘B’ 5 miles north of that one. Camp ‘A’ has been receiving supplies from Camp ‘B’ and has grown into a stronger force than what our army can attack against.” Luna explained, pointing to the map. “If we can cut off their supply route however, we can cripple Camp ‘A’ and then take it. That will get us closer to Camp ‘B’ and Ponyville.”

“So you need me to make a bomb that can block a supply route? Or do you need me to make a bomb that we can drop on the camps?” Blaze asked.

“We were hoping you could take out the supply line. With that gone, most of the ponies there won’t be able to survive, making them easy pickings for our guys.” Hex stated.

“I’ll get right on it. But first, what are we going to do once we take Ponyville? How are we going to defend against Canterlot? Because you can bet Chrysalis will do whatever she can to regain that town.” Blaze asked as he contemplated what they should do.

“I’m not exactly sure Blaze. I’m not sure. My hope, is that once we get there, we will have enough supplies to launch a siege on Canterlot the next day. But, if our ponies are fatigued to the point of exhaustion, we won’t be able to do anything and we’ll be sitting ducks if she decides to counter attack.” Luna replied. She was lost as what to do after Ponyville became theirs.

“If I may, I suggest we skip Camp ‘B.’ Once we have Camp ‘A’ we can move straight to Ponyville with our new supplies and weapons. Once in Ponyville, we set up as many guards and fortifications around the town as possible.” Blaze said, explaining his plan.

Luna seemed unsure, and Hex was shaking his head disapprovingly. “Look, I know it’s risky. But this war won’t be won by taking every last city in Equestria. We need to look for major cities and towns, and only raid camps that are necessary. We will lose too many ponies if we attack both camps.” Blaze said, a bit more forceful.

“Let’s say we do go by your plan and it fails. Where does that leave us?” Hex asked.

“We would probably be vulnerable to annihilation and slavery. But if we do it your way, our men will be too tired and too few to fight. One of these actions needs to be chosen. Luna, it’s your call. What should we do?” Blaze asked, looking at her.

“I say we go with Blaze’s plan. Hex, with yours, even if we do succeed there won’t be enough ponies to attack Canterlot with. His is the only way that we can stand a chance against them.” Luna said. She thought about how long it would take to get every pony prepared for this. “At 7 P.M. Blaze will drop a bomb on the supply route. At 4 A.M tomorrow morning, we will ambush them while they are asleep. Hex, spread the word to the other officers and have them tell the soldiers. They all will need a good rest before the wake up call.” Luna ordered. I hope we beat the mole to this. If he learns about it we are all doomed.