• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,176 Views, 16 Comments

The Final Battle for Equestria - Songbrony



Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot and ruled over Equestria for 50 years. Can Luna stop her?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,176

Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Blaze woke up with a start as Rook walked into the tent. "Hey there. They want us to wake up everypony without the bell since we are close to Ponyville. Luna has an announcement for us after breakfast." Blaze slowly got out of his bed and walked out of the tent. He had a meager breakfast that Linus had made this time.

"Linus, I think I like Luna's cooking better. This doesn't even look like food." He said as the muck fell onto his plate. Linus glared at him. After breakfast, Blaze went to find Luna. He found gathering the army. She's in a hurry to get things moving. He thought. Luna saw him and motioned for him to join her with Rainbow Dash. As he walked up to her, she began.

"We are getting ready to move forward and attack. Those of you who are heading to the East with Rook and Linus, head over to them and move out. Those who are attacking to the west with Blaze, start moving out. If you are flying above with Rainbow Dash, meet with her and she will tell you when to leave. Positions everypony. Today is our day." She finished. The group of soldiers started heading to their commanders. Most didn't seem like they were ready to move on.

"Luna, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think they are really ready to fight. They seem unmotivated." Blaze said.

"I know. I'm hoping that you and the others can give a good speech to them later. But right now we need to get moving." she said. Blaze quickly went to his group of soldiers. He had about 50 soldiers in his command.

"Well, are you guys ready to move out?" he asked.

A yellow colt stepped forward. "Blaze, be honest. How likely are our chances of taking Ponyville? There are rumors going around that Luna is going to get us killed. We haven't seen Hex around anywhere. What are we walking ourselves into?" he asked.

Blaze looked at him. "What's your name?"

"Private Randall sir. I'm from Ponyville. I want to rid them of my home, but I don't want to go in without a chance of survival." he said.

"Well, Randall, we aren't going into a massacre. Not with me leading you into battle. Now as to where Hex is, I have no clue. But this plan was brought up by Linus. He hasn't failed us yet, so I wouldn't worry. We will take Ponyville back. Nothing will stop us from achieving this goal. You'll have your home back." he said. Randall nodded and stepped back. "Now, are there any other questions?" he said. "No? Good. Now we head West. So gather your things and move out."

As they dispersed he went to talk to Linus. "How are your troops doing?" he asked.

"Worried. They don't know if we can take it and are starting to question the plan. But they've known me for a while. They'll do what needs to be done, even if they don't think it's possible." Linus said.

"Alright. Well, use that communicuff to relay information back to me. We need to know what we're going up against." Blaze said. Linus nodded his head and started off to his troops. "Hey Linus!" Linus turned his head. "Good luck." Blaze said. Linus nodded his head and ran off to get his troops on the move. Blaze walked over to his troops and waited for them to put their packs on. "Ok, let's go." They headed off to their position and waited for further instruction.

When they arrived at their spot, they hid behind the trees and looked into the town. "Where is everypony?" Randall asked. "Why does it look so deserted?"

"I'm not sure." Blaze said. He turned on his cuff. "Linus, do you see the town?"

"Yeah I see it Blaze. It's deserted. There's no movement at all from the town." Linus replied. "Rook is going in with a two others to check it out. Standby."

"Ok. Sit tight guys. Rook is going to check things out." Blaze said to his troops. Rook started to speak through his cuff.

"It's a dead zone out here. There's literally nopony here." He said. "Wait, there's somepony in a house. Hold tight."

They waited to see what would happen. They listened for Gunfire, an explosion, anything to signal that there were enemy soldiers in the town.

"It's a civilian! No enemies are present. There's a note tied to his hoof." Rook said. There was silence. "Everypony out! Get out of the hou-" there was a deafening explosion from the inner part of the town.