• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,176 Views, 16 Comments

The Final Battle for Equestria - Songbrony



Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot and ruled over Equestria for 50 years. Can Luna stop her?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,176

Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Rainbow Dash and Applejack went from soldier to soldier seeing if they were ready. As they walked through they saw that the soldiers had a renewed fight in them and were packing away their necessities. "Rainbow, do ya really these ponies are going to be strong enough to fight once they arrive to Ponyville? I mean, it's gonna take us three days to get there through the forest. That's three days of hiking and carrying their supplies on their backs with short stops along the way. The injured aren't going to be able to handle all that walkin'," Applejack said.

Rainbow became uneasy. "Yeah. Uh, about that. Applejack, don't take this the wrong way, but you won't be traveling."

"Now hold on here just a pea-pickin minute." Applejack said angrily. "Whad'ya mean I ain't coming? Why ain't I? Don't I have a reason to fight?"

"It's not that you don't have a reason to fight, because I know you do. But I don't want to lose another friend. You are all that I have left from Ponyville. I met you there and I don't want to lose you there. It's been arranged for you to stay back with Derpy and help heal the injured." Rainbow walked ahead of her.

"Hold on there Rainbow!" Applejack said as she ran in front of Rainbow. "Now you look here Rainbow Dash! I'm not going to sit back as you and yer' coltfriend go out and save Equestria. I have more than enough reason and right to fight at Ponyville."

"I know you do. But I can't stand to see another friend of mine die. Look, AJ." Rainbow put a hoof on her friends shoulder. "You are my last real friend left. Please, stay here, watch the injured and help them. Once we take Ponyville, I'll send word here to come and get you and the others." she said. "I'm sorry, but Luna already cleared it. You don't have a say in the matter."

Applejack sighed. "Rainbow if I'm going to sit out of Ponyville's fight, I will be in it for Canterlot. And nothing you or Luna do will stop me from avengin' Big Mac."

"Canterlot is where I want everypony to be. The more we have there, the better. But right now, stay and help Derpy." Rainbow said.

"Fine. I'm going to find Derpy and see what I can do." Applejack said and ran off.

Thank Celestia. She thought. She continued her rounds and made sure everypony was ready for dawn.