• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,176 Views, 16 Comments

The Final Battle for Equestria - Songbrony



Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot and ruled over Equestria for 50 years. Can Luna stop her?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,176

Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"What's this about?" Linus asked as he took a seat.

"We know that you are hiding something from us. Something about Luna. Maybe you'd like to share what that is in the company of friends?" Rook said.

"Yea Linus. It's clear that something is up between you two. So what is it? Blaze asked. Rook gave him a glare.

"I said let me handle this." Blaze just rolled his eyes. "Look, Linus, we know you have some feelings towards her. We want to know what those feelings are exactly? You don't have to worry about anypony hearing you outside. I've made the place sound proof with a spell."

"Like I said, I don't want to lose our greatest leader. If we do we will lose every ounce of ground we have. I also don't want to lose a friend." Linus said defensively.

"And how close is she as a friend?" Rainbow asked.

"About as close as me, Rook, and Blaze. I'd be devastated if one of them died." Linus retorted. "And why are you here? I thought Rook only asked to talk to Blaze in private?"

"She's here because I asked her to." Blaze shot at Linus. "And if Luna is just a friend then you wouldn't mind now would you?"

"We are just friends. Nothing more. Now if you'll excuse me I've got soldiers to prep." Linus said as he got up to leave.

"You aren't leaving yet Linus." Rook said. He shut the flap and made it unmovable with magic. "You seem to forget I am one of the few Unicorns left in this army."

Linus sighed. "What do you guys want to hear? That we're doing more than enjoying each other's company? That we sneak off in the night to be alone? That I love her more than anything and she doesn't even realize it?" He stopped. Rook smiled.

"That last one is the one we were waiting for. Linus, there's nothing to be afraid of. You can say you love Luna. You just can't do things you normally would do." Rook said.

"I'm not afraid to tell her. It's just there never is a proper time. We're always either under attack or surrounded by others." Linus said quietly.

"You have this trip to Ponyville to tell her. It's three days to walk there. In three days of just traveling I'm sure you can find a place to tell her." Blaze said annoyed.

"Yea I'll do that. Now why don't you and Rainbow Dash explain your feelings about each other?" Linus shot back.

"Hey this isn't about us. Besides, we're just friends." Blaze said shakily, knowing that it was the exact excuse Linus used.

"Yea that explains why you two were sleeping together by the stream! What was she moaning for anyway?" Linus said accusingly. He knew it was uncalled for, but he didn't care.

"Hey! I was comforting her after what happened that night!" Blaze yelled back.

"Where has she been anyway? Right as we are going to move and attack the other camp she shows up and changes your mind like that!" Linus said with slam of his hoof on the ground. "It sounds fishy to me. If you ask me, she's the mole that's been selling us out! She's here to watch us and report to Chrysalis about everything!" Linus was fuming.

Rook shot up. "Linus! This isn't about who we think the mole is or not!" Linus pushed him to the ground. Rook just looked at him shocked.

"I lost my only remaining friend!! And you have the gaul to accuse me of helping the one who killed her?!" Rainbow said teary eyed.

"That's just who you are! You would let your friend die for your own selfish gain!" He shouted. "What did she promise you? Riches? Power? A shot at the WonderBolts?!"

Now it was Blaze who stood up. "She is the element of Loyalty! She would never do that! Have you lost all sense in that skull of yours?!" Blaze shouted.

"Stop acting like you don't know! She is the mole!! It explains everything!!" Linus roared at his old friend. The tension in the air could've been cut with a knife.

Rainbow was crying now. "You little piece of bucking shit! I helped save Shining Armor and all those ponies in that prison! And you have the bucking nerve to accuse me of helping that piece of shit?! Buck you!" Rainbow screamed and turned her head. She was crying uncontrollably.

"Linus....Get out." Blaze said angrily.

"Why? What you going to do? Protect your new marefriend's feelings?! She's the mole yet nopony seems to care!" Linus said tauntingly. Blaze charge Linus and punched him in the face. He kicked him in the gut sending him flying against the tent's wall. Because of Rook's spell, he slammed into the fabric and fell onto the ground. Linus got up and swung a knife at Blaze. He barely dodged it, receiving a cut on his left cheek. Rook picked both of them up with magic and slammed them against the tent.

"That's enough! Both of you!" He shouted. They just looked at each other.

"Blaze, he's not worth it. Let's just go. He's trash." Rainbow said, still crying. Rook put both of the angered ponies on the ground and lowered the magic around the tent.

Blaze glared at the pony across from him. "Linus, good luck with your Luna problem. Hope she treats you like you should be. Like dirt." Blaze said and stormed out of the tent with Rainbow.

"Linus, you need to calm down. They were just trying to get you over this fear of telling Luna how you feel. You didn't need to lose your cool over this." Rook said, trying to calm Linus out of his rage. Linus ignored him and left the tent. Rook sighed. I better find Luna and tell her not to let those two be near each other for awhile.