• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,176 Views, 16 Comments

The Final Battle for Equestria - Songbrony



Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot and ruled over Equestria for 50 years. Can Luna stop her?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,176

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

They planned the attack on Ponyville and labeled each weak and strong point in the village. “Linus’ forces will attack the east side of Ponyville. Rainbow Dash, while he is attacking the east, you and the other Pegasus soldiers will strike from the air. Shining, you and your soldiers will attack the west side. Me? Well, I’ll be the one kicking the front door in.” Blaze said with a smile. “If all goes well, there will be very few casualties on our side. We may even be able to kill a few of Chrysalis’ high authority leaders.”

“Blaze, once your bomb goes off, will it be safe for us to enter?” Shining asked.

“If you have your mask on, yes. The gas should kill or impair the soldiers there.” Blaze replied.

"What do we do if Chrysalis appears to fight?" Rainbow asked.

"I doubt she will." Shining replied.

"But if she does, radio in her location, and get the hell out of there. I'll drop a bomb on top of her head. If that doesn't work, I'll have Linus throw as many stars at her as he can. We will then meet together and kill her." Blaze said.

"I like the way you think Blaze." Rainbow said with a grin.

"Ok Blaze. You know what's going on, so you can lead the assault." Shining told him.

"I wish I could, but that isn't my job. That's Linus'. Rainbow, can you bring find him and bring him here? I want to go over this with him." Rainbow nodded her head and left to go find him.

"So Blaze?" Shining asked. "What's been going on between you and Rainbow Dash? You two seem to agree on a lot of things and have been getting closer ever since the prison raid."

"She feels alone." Blaze said, clearly turning a shade of red. "I'm just...giving her support and being there for her." He said.

"Oh really? What kind of support?" Shining said with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm just giving her support! She doesn't have anypony. I want to be that somepony to support her." Blaze said. He was a bright red.

"Yea, ok Blaze." Shining said with a smile.

Rainbow returned into the tent with Linus. "Here he is." She said as he entered the tent.

"So Blaze what is this plan of yours?" He asked. "And I like that shade of red. It looks good on you." Linus said with a smirk.

"You want to know something Linus? I could care less about what you think right now unless it pertains to this mission." Blaze said.

Linus just chuckled. "Well, what do you have for me?"

After briefing Linus on the plan, he still looked doubtful. "If we take Ponyville, we can end the war in a week." Blaze said.

"I know. But, what if Chrysalis comes? What makes you think that we could fight her, kill her, and still be alive? She's very powerful. And Luna plans to enter the battle now that her leg has healed. What if Chrysalis kills her? The army will have lost it's greatest leader and will lose all morale and will to fight." Linus said. Blaze knew the real reason he was doubtful and weary to agree to it. He loved Luna, and if she died, he would be ruined. He couldn't lose her. He wouldn't lose her.

"Linus. She'll be fine. If Chrysalis comes, we will fight her and kill her. No matter the costs. If Luna does die, I will let you personally kill Chrysalis however you wish." Blaze said. He needed Linus on his side. He needed him to be ready for this.

"Ok Blaze. But if anything happens to her, I'm holding you responsible." Linus said.

"How long until your troops are ready to move?" Shining asked.

"Since it's Ponyville and there's going to be a long fight there, two days. It'll give them time to prepare themselves and to get everything together."

"Ok Linus. Good luck. It's a three day journey. Make sure everypony is fully prepared. We will be taking breaks during our travel so they will be ready to fight once there." Rainbow said. Linus nodded and left to do his job. Blaze looked at the others.

"Let's bring the party to Chrysalis now, shall we?" Blaze said with a smile.