• Published 3rd Feb 2019
  • 916 Views, 10 Comments

The Deck Master. - ArkKane



Behold The Skylord In A Journey Of Equine Shenanigans And Miscommunication!

  • ...
2
 10
 916

Prologue: Moved Across Wonderful Planes! (of existence.)

I tossed and turned in my sleep, my stone fists slamming into my grassy mattress as I tried to pull up my leafy blanket-wait.

I don’t know what’s going on… but I’m pretty sure those pieces don’t add up.

I open my eyes to the blue sky above, then work on getting myself upright. Upon getting up I could discern pretty quickly that I was in a forest of some kind, I couldn’t put my finger on it but the place looked familiar-okay, I’m not bullshitting anyone here, I’m in the Everfree and I’m a fucking Displaced, and after I had just gone to bed with no warning whatsoever.

Well fuck me sideways with Khorne’s Chain-Axe. I thought before deciding to take my lumps and investigate my body to see if stone fists was the only change. Given my situation, it was actually a lot better than it could’ve been, as despite my arms from the elbow down being pure rock, and my head replaced by some sort of square stone statue head, with zip-like jaws, the bottom jaw being separate allowing me to move it up and down, I was still human everywhere else. In fact, when I looked at my human parts, I was even better, god-like even… especially in one area.

Hehe, hey there big guy! I chuckled from my weird stone head before focusing back on myself, I looked to my apparel, a kind of white robe with a gold trim that, if I didn’t move it out of the way to check places, completely covered my human flesh. My feet were covered in nice belted boots that matched the aesthetic of the robe, and my head had a tiny little top-hat that seemed to be very cute, and I liked it so I kept it on.

With a slight smile-don’t ask how even I don’t know-I took note of the two slots on each of my forearms and the strange white crystal pendant, strangely enough, focusing on them caused more questions as a second later I noticed a small box had appeared in my right hand, deciding to deal with this later, I went about walking out of the Everfree before I got hurt.

You know, for being a displaced, I haven’t been screwed over like I was worried I’d be.

I felt a bit lighter on my feet as I walked through the trees, though my little Elation was gone immediately as I bumped into something. That something being a pack of ferocious wooden constructs, that drooled sap from their snarling maws, staring down the intruding unknown with their glowing emerald eyes and clawing at the ground with thorn-like claws.

Of course… Timberwolves, right when I thought this’d be a peaceful first day.

I of course wasn’t going to let myself become plant-food as I balled up my fists and went into a boxing stance. The wolves, the size of actual wolves with an equally accurate mentality, began to circle me, attempting to find an opening in my defenses. I made sure to keep my eyes on them as best I could, finding the connection between my head and my neck was just like my lower jaw, in which they weren’t really connected but I could still move them, so imagine my surprise when while I was tracking one trying to get to my back I was imitating an owl. Unfortunately the surprise was enough for the one in front to charge in and pounced, panicked and unable to see the Timberwolf in my current state, I simply threw out a punch with my right arm and tried to get my head back forward.

I heard a loud crunch as my face whipped back around, just in time to see my fist finish its journey through the monster’s bark-covered skull, leaving me in a short state of surprised mirrored by my victim’s packmates. Slowly, I pulled my hand out of the collapsing elemental and looked at it, seeing sap, thick splatters of chlorophyll, and something close to a seed, yet glowing with an energy that began to flow across my knuckles to my forearm, coalescing at one of the slots. After a brief flash I looked back to fill the slot filled in with a glowing green, perfectly round gemstone.

Eventually I was brought back by my stupor from a concert of growls, then a snarl as one of the Timberwolves leapt to avenge his brother. In shock I simply shot my right hand out on instinct and seconds later my attacker was subdued, tied up in a mess of thick, thorny vines emerging from my palm. Of course I used this to my advantage and with a flick of my wrist, I sent the poor fucker off into the distance and somehow dispelled the entangling roots. Thankfully, seeing two of their number so easily decimated by some unknown creature, added on by the fact that the first one had not regenerated, the pack saw me as too much effort for a meal and fled to get something that would make an easier kill.

Now alone again, I decided to look at the green orb inside my arm. You’re the one that did that, didn’t you? As if it reacted to my thoughts, the orb glowed and sent a pulse across my body, now suddenly feeling refreshed.

Hm… neat! I’ll figure you out later, right now I need to go find some civilisation. With that decision, I continued my walk through the Everfree, finally finding a dirt-path that was happily familiar, letting me know I had found a direct route out of the forest.

I could feel a smile (metaphorically) creep onto my face as I made it out to a field with open air and the town of Ponyville directly in sight, and already there was some ponies nearby to greet!

Okay man, you can do this! Just walk up! Say ‘Hi’ and we’ll be in for a nice, pleasant conversation!

“Huh? Oh! Um… hello?” the Unicorn Stallion of the group said cautiously, obviously nervous about some strange creature that just walked out of the Everfree, but with a simple wave I joyfully exclaimed-

“Mawp Mawp!”

OH MOTHERFUCKER!!

Author's Note:

Behold, a brand new Displaced Fic to show my love for a returning game!

P.S. whoever gets the joke in the chapter title, please leave an 'ugh' or 'lel' in the comments!