• Published 3rd Feb 2019
  • 916 Views, 10 Comments

The Deck Master. - ArkKane



Behold The Skylord In A Journey Of Equine Shenanigans And Miscommunication!

  • ...
2
 10
 916

Chapter 2: Diplomacy And Natural Therapy Prologue.

It’s been a few days since me and Brannoc had our talk and he got his new lease on life, and over that time I’ve gotten used to my powers. For one I learned that instead of in the games, each charge of a card is one squad, so if one squad kicks the bucket I get that charge back and they don’t actually die, I learned that when my Windweavers had an unfortunate encounter with a Hydra, they weren’t exactly too happy about getting munched on.

That’s another thing, apparently I can still communicate with the creatures in the cards even if I haven’t summoned them, so Brannoc’s acted as an advisor while I work to set up some lodgings and enough orbs for him, one of the thing’s he’s mentioned is that with this new system while I will be able to get more ‘smart-charges’ for my cards, I can’t do that for Legendaries… fair enough considering I can’t make more than one of each at a time to begin with. I call them ‘Smart-Charges’ because Brannoc explained that while I don’t have a unit limit anymore, any further summons exceeding a card’s charges will just be mindless puppets, but in my current state I was sticking with the one squad I have.

...okay and maybe some Werebeasts and a Shaman or two, plus recharge times are still a thing so...

Either way, I actually had a rather comfortable situation. Now if only I could figure out how to actually speak normally!

I sighed… come on man, you know damn well that isn’t why we’re not heading back into town, we’re scared of how the ponies will react to us, regardless of translator. I can’t hide here forever, though, I’ve got to get over this and just walk in, the ponies may be a little panicky, but Twilight and her friends have got to be understanding if I make a good enough entrance, right?

I stood up straight and called my soldiers back. Yeah! It’ll be easy! I can do this! I CAN DO THIS!


I CANNOT do this! Someone take me back into the forest.

“Mawp Mawp, you can’t chicken out so close to town!” Brannoc groaned as the Werebeasts continued to push me towards the buildings.

No! Fuck you! I’ll just be a dirty tree hobo for the rest of my days and never be noticed! I’ll never have to risk being turned to stone!

“You are 25% stone!! Now stop being a baby.”

I am not a baby! I am a logically thinking adult! And logic dictates that this is a TERRIBLE idea!

“Well you can’t stop this anyway, you told your creatures ‘no matter how I try and get out of it, don’t let me, force me towards the town if you have to.’”

“RAAAGH, MAWP MAWP!! (*!@%$!£#&)”

“Hey! Language!”

“Oh hey! It’s that weird rock thing I was talking about!” I froze up as I turned towards the voice to find the stallion I had met before.

And those behind him, being the Mane Six, seeing me with a pack of wolf monsters, some archers, and a couple ogres.

“Mawp! Mawp! Mawp!” I cried out in a panic, hands outstretched as I tried to get across that I meant no harm, unfortunately my limited vocabulary wasn’t enough to stop the most hot-headed of the group as my earthen skull felt a double-hoof impact. My neck was in pain for a moment as I saw my body standing there now headless, then like a rubber band, I was launched back onto my shoulders, Rainbow now on the ground in surprise and my creatures taking an exception to her assault.

“MAWP! Mawp Mawp! (NO! We’re trying to make friends!)” Thankfully they could understand me as they lowered their weapons. “Mawp, Mawp Mawp! (Better, Windweavers, here!)”

As the ponies retrieved their friend and the Windweavers headed to the front, I composed myself… and maybe casted a surge of light on the area to heal anyone hurt.

Okay, the leader of the squad is going to translate everything I say in my ‘Mawp-ese’ as accurately as possible, the rest of you are on relaying interpretations if miscommunication seems to be happening. They nodded in response, then I turned to my melee fighters. Werebeasts, you’re on guard detail, only block attacks that come my way and only disabling attacks if you have to. Shamans, you’ll heal everyone here who gets hurt, even them, we’re diplomats right now, not enemies.

As they all took their positions, I nodded to the Wood-elf leader, who spoke. “Ponies of Equestria, we have come from the Everfree for diplomatic talks, as such I will be working to translate my Skylord’s words to the best of my ability, but do not worry about him not understanding you.”

“Well how about I start? I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship.”

“Mawp Mawp.” I said, pointing at myself, clearly frustrating my translator as I created an awkward silence as the ponies awaited the translation, however one of the interpreters stepped in.

“That one does not require a translation, his full title is Skylord Mawp Mawp, The Walking Monument.” I glanced around, seeing the various reactions, then sent a message back to the Windweaver. “Yes, Rainbow Dash, you may laugh, he realizes its a silly name as well.”

The laughter died as soon as it began as she caught what he said. “Wait, how do you know my name?”

“Mawp Mawp.” “‘I have my ways, as a Skylord, I have the inherent ability to see the names and surface information of an individual I focus on.’”

“Surface information?” Applejack asked, a raised eyebrow on her face.

“Mawp Mawp!” “‘Nothing personal I assure you! It simply means information one could learn in public, such as word-of-mouth or newspapers, as such I know how you are the Elements of Harmony, heroes of Equestria several times over, and friends to the two ruling gods of this kingdom, but nothing deeper than that.’”

Twilight blinked, but after figuring out who I meant, she gave a nod. “Do you need anywhere to stay?”

I shake my head. “Mawp Mawp.” “‘that will not be necessary, my followers have already used their skills to make a home for me, though perhaps on my next visit you can help me find a source of income, and possibly have your gods here for me to speak to directly.’”

“I can do that, thank you Skylord Mawp Mawp.” she said with a bow which I returned.


The walk back to our home was uneventful as we had managed to make an unspoken reputation for ourselves amongst the wildlife.

I found the darkness of night beginning to creep in as I climbed back into my bedroom and rested upon the vine hammock making up my bed, until a soft glow beckoned me back into the land of the waking. Groaning, I sit up and turn to my left.

Seeing the unamused face of a nature-wielding Skylord known as Viridya.

“Father said you wanted to ‘talk’?”

Author's Note:

yes, next up we tackle Viridya and her 'problems' hopefully reuniting father and child!