• Published 1st Feb 2019
  • 705 Views, 33 Comments

Viva La Lunar - amf studios



An au that shows what the world would be like if luna didn't turn into nightmare moon.

  • ...
3
 33
 705

the return

Chapter 9: the return.

“Lunar News Network! With News Flash and Special Report”

“Good evening, I’m News Flash,” a tan unicorn with a brown mane and mustache in a blue suit said. said.

“And I’m Special Report,” a red changeling mare added.

“Tonight’s top story, war with Equestria?” News flash said.

“That's right News, earlier today Princess Luna attempted a peaceful negotiation with the ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia, however vice-president of the Lunar Foundation of Science, Twilight Sparkle, discovered a mass insult to our leader and country, as well as evidence Equestria covered up the events of the Great Divide,” Special report added.

“When asked for comment, Senator Thorax had this to say,” News said before cutting to a clip of Thorax, “While we by no means want conflict, war is definitely in the realm of possibility.”

“We will be keeping up with this story as it develops,” Special report said.

“But first, here's Yalli Williams with the weather, Yalli?” News said as it cut to a yak, “Meteor Shower!”

“Thanks, Yalli,” News finished.

Luna then turned off the monitor and sighed, “this is bad.”

“Princess Luna I am so Sorry, I didn’t mean to start a war, or for Rainbow and Rarity to kidnap anyone, I just…” Twilight started but Luna cut her off, “Twilight, calm down, you didn’t start a war if anything we are in a cold war, you did the right thing showing me that book, Celestia obviously was hiding it from me, and I already scolded Rainbow and Rarity, besides the filly came willingly remember?”

Earlier, soon after returning, Luna had noticed the stowaway.

“You kidnapped an equestrian Filly?!” Twilight Yelled.

“You do realize how serious that is?” Luna agreed.

“Hold on, let me explain!” Rainbow said.

“Please do,” Luna said.

“You see Dashie met this filly..” Rarity added.

“And She had Crossbreed syndrome!” Rainbow said.

“So we were going to,” “I came on my own, alright!” everyone’s attention shifted toScootaloo.

“When Rainbow dash Said I have Cross-whatever, and said she could Help I jumped at the chance of finally being able to fly, and when I got here I figured I’d just stay because I knew no one would miss me!” Scootaloo said.

“She’s an orphan,” Rarity said.

“In fact…” Dash said, causing Scootaloo to turn her head, “We were hoping we could… adopt her.”

Scootaloo just looked at them, “Really?”

“Yeah, Really,” the couple smiled warmly.

Luna looked at Scootaloo, she knew what it was like to be an orphan, it had been misreble until she and Celestia were adoptted, and this filly had it worse. Luna sighed and smiled, “if that is the case, I’ll allow it, I’ll put the adoption through, as well as arrange her treatment.”

“Princess…” Rarity said.

“I know life from her perspective, I would not wish that life on anyone else,” Luna smiled, “now I would be heading home, the press is likely going to be swarming the palace in less than ten minutes, so now would be the best time to leave.”

“So then, I finally get…” Scootaloo started, but was just buried in a hug. Luna and Twilight couldn’t help but smile at the new family.

Back to the present.

“But what if Equestria attacks?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t worry, I have the domes’ teleportation disruptors on for the foreseeable future, no unauthorized teleportation into or between is even possible,” Luna said, “and Equestria isn’t my biggest concern.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight Followed her. Luna stopped at a stained glass window depicting a strange creature being vanquished by six stones, Luna remembered seeing an exact replica in Canterlot Castle.

“There is a reason celestia wanted the lunar republic to join Equestria because we have half of something needed to defeat… Discord!” Luna said.

“Discord!” Twilight yelped, “But he was turned to stone by you and celestia over a thousand years ago!”

“Yes, but that monster has been chipping away at his prison, I anticipated this, and began developing weapons to fight him, unfortunetly, I thought we had years,” Luna said, “We only have three months.”

“Three months!” Twilight said, she took three deep breaths, “Uh, the elements of harmony! You and Celestia can use them just like last time!”

“No Twilight, when I left equestria, I left my relationship with my sister severed, niether of us can ever use them again,” Luna explained, “But you can.”

“Say what now?” Twilight asked confused.

“Remember I said we have half of what is needed to defeat discord?” Luna said, “ was referring to you, Rainbow and Rarity, I have felt the elements awaken within you.”

“We, embody the element?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, you house the element of magic, the others loyalty, and generosity,” Luna said, “the elements only work if there is a relationship between the bearers, I didn’t tell you because if you felt compelled to be friends a real friendship would never blossom, so I kept it secret, but made sure to be an active part of your lives.”

“So, I’m only your student because-” “Twilight, you were my student long before I felt the elements, You got in on your own merits,” Luna cut her off, “however, the other three elements are in Equestria, that is our only problem.”

“You’re right, it could take years to find them, not to mention the fact of we just said if they come anywhere near us it’s war,” Twilight said.

“We will think of a plan, be sure to tell the others of this, they need to be as in the know as possible,” Luna said, “I am going to see if we can push developement of our anti-discord weaponry any faster.”

“And I’ll try and think of a plan,” Twilight said. The two mares went in opposite directions, both hoping to have some success.