• Published 1st Feb 2019
  • 703 Views, 33 Comments

Viva La Lunar - amf studios



An au that shows what the world would be like if luna didn't turn into nightmare moon.

  • ...
3
 33
 703

complications

This might be the longest chapter to date so brace yourself.

Chapter 6:complications

A little later with the mane four(fight me) who were just walking out of carousel boutique with a bag of equestrian bits.

On her way out rarity was talking to sunny flare, a power blue unicorn with a short lavender mane with light pink stripes, a fellow fashionista and the shop’s owner, the two hit it off instantly.

“But really darling, we can’t thank you enough,” rarity said.

“Oh, deary, it was nothing, I just can’t believe you have that much gold!” sunny flare responded.

“Well, when you run the most famous boutique in your home town, which is pretty big, you tend to have a high income,” rarity bosted.

“Yeah, If I ever visit I be sure to swing by, see what the local fashion trends are,” sunny replied.

“Alright, well I’m afraid we must be going, have to get a hotel room before they’re all taken, ta ta,” rarity said before She rejoined the others.

“Alright we have enough bits to last a couple of days, so first we get hotel rooms, then we scope out the town, agreed?” twilight said.

Rainbow dash was about to nod when something caught her attention. A couple of earth pony fillies, one pink with a white mane, the other stone grey with a lighter grey mane. The two were laughing at something, though the way they were dash knew all too well, they were laughing at something, they were laughing at someone.

Dash’s mind then thought of her old nickname, “Rainbow crash.” before meeting twilight, pharynx and rarity, dash was constantly picked on because of a little flying incident, she couldn’t go out in public without someone laughing at her. Then came the day she met rarity and twilight, they were being bullied by some hot shot pegasus who’d head was so big he should have been too heavy to fly. She challenged him to a race around the dome, and not only did she win, she redefined what was scientifically possible by pulling off a sonic rainboom. The event gained her a cutie mark, gave both twilight and rarity the inspiration to gain theirs and was enough to get princess luna’s attention, heck, she said the blast was so powerful it was visible from space!

After that rainbow got the new nickname rainbow Blast, and had been besties with the two unicorns since. She also decided that she would do everything in her power to make sure no one got bullied again, she even became the lunar troop leader for dome 1,(although half the reason was because she had a soft spot for foals.)

She walked a little closer until the fillies were within earshot to see what they were saying.

“Oh, silverspoon, look at this little blank flank of a chicken,” one said.

“Yeah Diamond, doesn’t have a cutie mark, what a baby,” the other, which must have been Silverspoon, said.

“Oh are you gonna cry?” “Diamond” said, whoever they were mocking, they were clearly getting to.

“Yeah, go cry to your mommy, oh wait, you can’t, you don’t have one!” Silverspoon said, “your parents thought you were a worthless chicken and left you in an orphanage!”

That was the last straw, make fun of someone was bad enough, making fun of someone because they didn’t have parents is asking for pain.

“Hey!” she said getting the fillies’ attention.

“What do you want?” diamond said. Now rainbow was close enough to see who they were bullying, she was a pegasus filly about the age of Sweetie belle, she had an orange coat, and a lilac mane, she was covered in dirt and her eyes were stained with tears, her wings also seemed smaller then they should have been.

“Mind telling me why you’re making fun of the poor kid?” rainbow demanded, a bit of rainbow electricity flaring through her wings, though no one noticed.

“Um, because she’s a worthless, blank flank, chicken, duh,” diamond said again. Another jolt went through rainbow’s wings, this time big enough to catch silverspoon’s attention.

“Well knock it off!” Rainbow said sounding angrier.

“Um diamond,” Silverspoon said but nobody acknowledged her.

“You can’t tell me what to do, you're not my mom!” Diamond shot back. Another jolt went through rainbows wings, this time her mane started to stand on end.

“Well if I was you’d know not to treat ponies like that!” Rainbow yelled.

“Oh, yeah what could you possibly do to me?” Diamond asked.

This flare up rainbow’s temper, she spread her wings and the rainbow lightning started going through them like nuts. The lightning effectively scared the crap out of the fillies and they took off running while screaming, “N-n-n-nightmare Pony!”

When she saw they were gone the lightning died down. Rainbow walked over to the filly who was now jaw dropped at the display.

“You ok, kid?” she asked.

“Uh, yeah i’m fine, but… how did you do that?” the filly asked.

“Really, they don’t even know about pegasus magic, how far in the dark ages are they?” Rainbow thought to herself than said, “just a little trick we pegasie can learn. But, we’re off topic, why were those two making fun of you?”

“Oh, Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon, they think that just because they’re rich and have cutie marks that they can make fun of anyone less fortunate than them, ugh, especially me because I can’t even fly.”

She was about to cry again, but was interrupted by rainbow putting her hoof on her forhead, “what are you doing?”

“Eeyup, just like I though, crossbreed syndrome,” Rainbow replied.

“Cross-what?” the filly asked confused.

“Crossbreed syndrome happens when a unicorn and a pegasus have a baby but it ends up with both wings and a horn, kinda like an alicorn, but instead of being more powerful than a normal pony, both are small and useless,” rainbow explained, “although, you’re in luck, Back where I come from, we have a treatment that should get rid of it, then you’ll be able to fly, or do magic, whichever you prefer.”

“Really?!” the filly said getting excited.

“Really, tell ya what, i’ll see if I can pull some strings so you can come with me and get the treatment, but… are you actually..” “an orphan, yeah. My name’s Scootaloo, what’s yours?” the now proclaimed scootaloo interrupted her.

“Rainbow dash,” Dash replied.

“So when I’m done, do you think you can teach me that cool lightning trick?” scootaloo asked as they began to walk back to the group.

“I don’t know, it’d be a little advanced for a filly, but I can teach you the basics, and in a few years time, you might be better at it than me,” dash replied.

“Really?” scootaloo asked eyes wide.

“Really,” Rainbow dash replied.

Meanwhile back in canterlot, the meeting to discuss the terms of the merger had begun. Luna was sitting next to Celestia on her old thrown, it was a midnight blue, with cyan padding and a crescent moon on top, it was surprisingly well maintain for being a thousand years old, how long was Celestia planning on doing this? Three of the nobles had to give up their seats for the lunar senators, unfortunately for Blueblood, he was one of them and was sitting on a stool on the other side of the room.

“Alright, let us begin,” Celestia said.

“Yes, Senator Stormy Night, your department has been handling our biggest concern, so you may start us,” Luna said to Stormy.

Blueblood let out a laugh, “If her department is handling it, then no wonder it’s your biggest concern.”

Stormy shot him a look saying she was not amused, then the thestral mare stood up and said, “I am the senator to dome two, which houses most of the water in the lunar republic, and handles most of the water distribution. Normally we obtain this water by mining ice from comets as they pass by the moon, unfortunately there hasn’t been a comet in thirteen years, our water supply is starting to run thin, we’ve faced water problems before, but this is the longest we’ve ever gone without mining another comet, if this merger is to happen, then we request that our water supply be replenished enough to last us until the next comet comes, whenever that is.”

“Thank you Senator Stormy,” Celestia said as stormy sat back down, “well then, it is obvious that replenishing the water is the first thing to be done upon the time of the merger, who is next?”

Senator Harvest Moon stood up and said in a country, “that’d be me, your highness. As senator of Dome 3, ah am responsible for a large fraction of the food grown in the republic, ah also was one of the ponies placed in the department that would regulate trade between the Republic an Equestria, ah’d like to know wut y’all were plannin on tradin.”

This time Fancy pants stood up, “well we have a large selection of fruits and vegetables, as well as precious metals, we have also recently begun to revolutionise our travel with steam engines, we may be able to do the same for you.”

All three of the senators suddenly had giant grins on their faces and were trying to contain their laughter.

Fancy pants gave them a blank stare, “what’s so funny? Is there something in my teeth.”

“Um, no,” Stormy said still reframing from laughter.

“It’s just, we figured out how how ta make steam engines, wut was it, 600 years ago?” Harvest Moon said.

“Actually, I believe it was 700 years ago,” Rules Card corrected him.

“And precious metals, we’ve got plenty,” Stormy said taking out a gold brick to prove her point.

“You just carry a gold brick around?” Rules asked her.

“It was a gift from my grandmare,” Stormy replied.

Blueblood was shocked, these lunar ponies were rich enough that one who was a social outcast in equestria had enough to just carry around a gold brick for the heck of it. If this merger succeeded he could become even richer!

“But yes, ah’m afraid the only thing worth trading is the food, an ah’m sure most of it we got back at the Republic,” Harvest moon finished.

“So trade isn’t high on the list of priorities,” Celestia sighed.

“Senator Rules Card, you’ve been quiet most of the meeting, would you voice your concerns on the merger?” luna asked the unicorn.

“I have two concerns with this your majesties, one: saying that you have only developed steam power just now doesn’t paint a pretty picture of equestrian technology, while we in the republic have been redefining the meaning of the word for centuries,” Rules card said. He then telekinetically took out a black disc about the size of a horse-shoe. He pressed a small blue button on it and blue lights shined from it, “during our time on the moon, ponies, changelings and yaks have been inventing new technologies to improve our day to day lives.”

The lights began to show images of all three mentioned species working with various machines, the equestrian nobles were amazed at the fact that there seemed to be no magic behind it.

“Using technology we have improved almost every aspect of pony life such as…” the images shifted to several creatures riding in some kind of hovering vehicle, “transportation,” the image shifted again to a pony conversing with a yak through some kind of mirror, “communication,” the image change another time to royal guards at target practice with very odd long range weapons, “national security,” the image shifted a final time to show ponies in odd armor walking on an asteroid, “with technology, the only limit, is the distant stars,” Rules took a bow as everyone in the room gave applause to his presentation. The lights faded and he put the strange device away.

“When did you make that?” Luna asked him.

“Oh, I’ve had it for a month, I’m supposed to do the same presentation at your academy next week,” Rules replied before turning his attention back to the rest of the court, “although that is only one of my concerns, you see, I am senator of Dome One, a residential dome, and thus, my biggest concern is with the rights and well being of the citizens.”

“I’ll take it from here, Rules,” Luna said, “much like him, the well being of my subjects is always my top priority. If this merger is to happen, I demand that all my subjects be given equal rights and responsibilities as any born in equestria, I also want my senate to make up half of the court.”

This got all of the nobles to gasp.

Blueblood yelled, “I refuse to give up my position in government to that bat pony trash!”

“Blue Blood!” celestia yelled.

Stormy’s wings flared with violet lightning, which was a clear sign for Rules and Harvest to hold her back, “Let me at em, let me at em!”

Stormy, Calm yourself,” Luna said in her canterlot voice.

The thestral calmed down and the lightning ceased.

Celestia looked at Blueblood, “Nephew, weather you like it or not if, Luna rejoins Equestria, she will be my equal, If she wishes to have her senate be placed in the royal court, I’m afraid she has all the power to do so.” she then turned to her sister and her senate, “I agree to your terms, do we have a deal?”

Luna paused for a moment, then spoke, “yes. We will rejoin equestria, tomorrow we will sign a document solidifying the merger, however if another thing goes wrong before then, you can kiss your merger goodbye.”

“Verywell then,” celestia said, “meeting adjourned.”

Author's Note:

happy hearts and hooves day, everypony.:twilightsmile: