• Published 23rd Jan 2019
  • 449 Views, 3 Comments

The Dawn of Shawn - Thunder7669

  • ...
9
 3
 449

Chapter 3: This Day Aria (Aria Blaze)

My name is Aria Blaze. I like to describe myself as the mean sister because I enjoy causing pain to others but I am caring to my family. That's why when I found out Sonata's little boy, I treated him with respect and not pain.

It all started as I woke up at eight in the morning. Sonata came in to talk to me. "Good morning, Aria." She said.

"Good morning, Sonata. Why are you in here?" I asked.

"I need to tell you something but you have to promise not to tell Adagio."

"Okay, I promise." She then coughed rapidly and opened her mouth. A little boy then came out. "Who is that?" I asked.

"Aria, this is Shawn. I'm taking care of him and I wanted to show you him but you need to promise not to hurt him." I then grabbed him and cuddled him like a baby.

"Don't worry, you have my word."

"Good. Also, I have to run some errands. Can you watch him for me?"

"Sure, I'll watch him."

"Okay, bye Aria. Bye Shawn." Sonata then gave Shawn a little kiss before walking out. I then sat down with Shawn and began to think.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him.

"Yes, very." He answered.

"Okay, let's go downstairs. I'll make us some breakfast." I then walked downstairs to the kitchen with Shawn on my shoulder. I made us both a bowl of Frosted Flakes to share and honestly I enjoyed seeing him eat the cereal. While I ate properly, he was practically swimming in his bowl and got full off of three flakes. I then picked him up gently and placed him on a paper towel I was using for the spoon.

"Aria, can I go play with my toys?" Shawn asked.

"You may do as you wish." I answered. I didn't know then but I would soon regret saying that.

Shawn

When she said do what I wanted, my eight-year-old self took that the wrong way. I went into the office where toys were scattered near the couch and I played with them for a while. I then heard and saw the office door open and in came Adagio Dazzle. Through quick thinking I hid under a giant, clear Lego.

"It's been a long day, I need a nap." Adagio said as she took her boots and socks off. She then walked towards my direction and stepped on my Lego. She then screamed so loud that I almost went deaf and then stomped her foot down in frustration, shaking my entire world causing me to fall on my back.

"I wish Sonata would pick up her DAMN TOYS!" Adagio said while kicking my Lego across the room. I landed in her sock that was surprising not musty. I climbed out the sock and saw she was laying down watching T.V.. I then ran out thinking how lucky I am to survive. Aria then found me near the office door.

"What happened?" She asked me.

"She just stepped on a Lego. Must've been painful. I almost went deaf." I answered. She then picked me up and took me upstairs to her room. We then waited until Sonata got back and she looked pretty angry with me.

"Uh oh..." I said under my breath.

"What happened to Adagio?" She asked me with anger.

"She just stepped on a Lego." I answered fearfully.

"Do you have anything to do with what happened?"

"No ma'am, I just witnessed it because I was hiding underneath the Lego she stepped on." Sonata's face changed from a scowl to a worried frown. She then picked me up gently and hugged me against her cheek.

"You're such a brave little boy. It must have been scary escaping Adagio and seeing me mad at you for a misunderstanding. I'm very proud of you." Sonata said.

"Sonata, there's something i've been meaning to ask you. My parents died before you discovered me. Can you please be my new mother?" Sonata and Aria looked at me shocked and then smiled.

"Of course i'll be your new mother." Sonata said.

"If that's the case then I'll treat you like a little brother. Just please call me by my name and not 'Aunt'. Okay?" Aria said. I then nodded and yawned.

"I think it's someone's bedtime." Aria said.

"But I'm not tired yet." I retorted. I then yawned again.

"Somehow I don't believe that." Sonata said while walking me over to my bed. She then tucked me in and gave me a kiss goodnight.

"Goodnight, Shawn. I love you." She said as I fell fast asleep.