• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 315 Views, 0 Comments

The Sound of Music (Yet Another SI) - VirgowithCheer



A single night of wandering home can lead to the wildest adventures. Let's be merry and sing the nights away!

  • ...
 0
 315

Chapter 3: We are Connected, Regardless of Our Beliefs

Author's Note:

Still own nothing. Except myself, I think.

Gonna slow down soon. Probably.

Man, I can be wishiwashy...

Soooooo. Been a fair bit since I've dedicated enough thought to really concentrate my thoughts in a way coherent enough to really be worth writing down, for the given measure of 'writing', what with this just being crude etchings in the dirt and trees. Don't judge me, it helps me think.

In any case, I've made a few realizations since my last 'log' into a literal fallen log, but I think they're pretty important.

To start with, picking a random direction in an area you have literally zero knowledge of at night, apparently stronger body equipped with personal stabbing implement not-withstanding, was a terrible plan. Cause of that little decision, I had been walking for over 3 and a half days, which wasn't that bad, what with my new legs being literally built for that, and the random water pools I had found across the plains I was in, cementing my position firmly in or on the edges of some kind of marsh or swamp. It was all thankfully fresh water, and unfortunately led to my second realizations.

While thirst wasn't an issue, food definitely was. So, I did what any equine would do, and grazed on the grass around me. It was...bland wasn't really the right word. It was like eating plain bread, with nothing on it. It wasn't terrible, and it filled the stomach, but it wasn't exactly top-quality either. It made a little curious about what other plants and wheat itself would taste like, and if it had any close comparisons, but those weren't a main concern at the moment, nor something I could test yet without potentially poisoning and or addicting myself.

Any way, getting sidetracked again, and starting to run out of space on this trunk. Onto the next. Sorry Mr.Tree number whatever-now...

Okay. Revelation the third. My horn is actually a horn. As in, it is a sharp, pointed stick placed on my head with the biological capability to stab things before me that need stabbing. Finding that out was kinda fun, cause it involved me fumbling around in the dark and getting my head stuck in a tree like an arrow. Yeah, it supported my weight. Gave me a killer headache though, but it went by pretty quickly. Now, I'm pretty much just using it to carve shapes, words, and general mystical looking symbols into things I pass to fuck with people.

Following this, revelation the fourth. Things grow fucking WEIRD in Equestria, or wherever I am. Like, evolution on steroids. Recalling how ponies needed to control the weather and other 'natural' functions, I'm just labeling this as Spiral Energy and calling it a day as I watch a small chicken literally kick the shit out of a snake that had a claw for a tail, not giving a shit about me.

AND finally, revelation the fifth slash sixth. Meat is still delicious, it's just a matter of whether you SHOULD/ could. Apparently, most ponies and other mammals had at least some form of fish or semi-sentient mushroom in their diet to take care of those pesky proteins, but that freaky evolution thing I talked about? It ALSO effected the species that everyone ate. Some salmon could grow to be STORIES tall, and school's of tuna could become psychic swarm that 'swam' through the air and anything that got in it's way. Like mountains. Some even lived in volcanoes or forests. Really, they were just creatures called 'fish' in this world to me, so I'd try and make up a new word to call them by eventually.

But you, whoever is reading this, are probably wondering how I know all this know, right? Well, that little well of insight comes from my new friend Jim. Slim Jim, to be precise, who was a cow currently grazing in his field over to my right.

Honestly, thank any god who would listen that I came across someone-er, no no, one is right, anyway, it was good to talk to someone and have them respond back. Cause new species or not, humans were very social creatures, and it took a toll to be by yourself in unfamiliar lands. All good now though!

New Tree. Now Not New Tree.

Anyway, Slim Jim, who prefers Jim, had been living in this plain for all his life, as had the last 6 generations of his family. (He seemed really proud of that.) And from there, I found out one of the main reasons Ponies kept cows on farms still is the fact that cows could be described in three short words usually.

Lazy. As. Fuck.

Like, they would choose an area they liked, and stay there. FOREVER. Doesn't matter if it was stricken with drought, floods, or angry tippers, they'd wear through it and keep on chewing. Evidently, the other species just chocked it up as a quirk of the species and just set up their towns and farm whatnot around them. They didn't really care to much, and even got a fair few things out of the deal. Free food, entertainment in the form of conversation with the farmhands, and even getting milked, which could get painful apparently if it was held in for too long.

Evidently, Slim was probably even more lonely than I was, what with how he spewed all these explanations out at me in a continuous stream of syllables. So, in return for a map to the nearest other living being, I promised to spread the word about a set of plains perfect for a farm or whatever so he'd have friends. A fair deal, I thought. Plus the map was actually pretty easy to use, what with it being to be marked by touch and an auto-positioning system inscribed in it. Something about orienting itself on the global axis by the sun's light or something, it went a bit over my head.

But civilization! Soon I'll be able to begin my newly thought plan for amusement and money!

Alright, enough marking nature. See ya'll later inner monologue! And if anyone else is reading this, good fuckin luck tracking me!

End of Chapter

Thoughts? Feelings? Give me some feedback, if you please.