• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 316 Views, 0 Comments

The Sound of Music (Yet Another SI) - VirgowithCheer



A single night of wandering home can lead to the wildest adventures. Let's be merry and sing the nights away!

  • ...
 0
 316

Chapter 1: A Horse is a Horse, of course

Chapter 1: A Horse is a Horse, of Course of Course...

"I will burn my dread~"

Music.

It was a major part of my life for as long as I could remember, with it being barely beat out by reading as one of life's greatest joys, in my mind at least. The sheer combination of sounds, rhythms and lyrics played endlessly through my head, and engraved themselves in my being.

Cause that's a thing I did. When I watched a show, read a story, or listened to a song I couldn't put down? I MEMORIZED IT FOR LIFE. Because such pieces deserved to be remembered.

"Shout it out and make it loud~"

Oh! Where are my manners? My Name is Aidan Forshaw, proud writer of a smattering of fanfiction, a novel in the works, and a minimum wage job, this is the beginning of my tale.

"Alright guys! I'm off for the night, see ya later!" I called over my shoulder as I walked out the supermarket with my coat and now empty lunchbox, content with my completed shift and the half-hearted replies of the night-shift guys. Nice guys, but always moved the shit you spent stocking for the past hour and a half.

Still, that was enough thoughts of work for the night, and as I stepped out into the cool Canadian breeze, it was time to start the little habit I had when walking anywhere.

"Knocking all of these screw's loose, going gorillas bananas~"

Of course, I began to sing.

And as the words escaped my mouth, forming small clouds in the air before you, the grin grew a little on my face as I imagined relaxing at home for the night with some good food, and a nice story.

And the next step I took was darkness.
The AIr FElt ThicK I wAs falling fallinG what Was happening whowherewhy SONOFABITCH-!
"STTTTTTOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPP!" I cried out with all of my being, my lungs feeling as if they were being put in a vice, tight and constrained.

And then it was over.

"W-what?" I whispered, on my back, and feeling more than a little delirious. What the fuck? Was that what being on drugs was like? WHAT THE FUCK HAD HAPPENED!

All I could do was lay there on my back, desperately breathing in more air as I looked up at the night sky.

With each breath, I began to finally feel a little stronger, though still with no clue on just what the hell happened or where you were location wise. Cause wherever, it was, it sure as FUCK wasn't a city.

As my head rolled back and forth through my breaths, all I could see through my clouded vision was trees. Trees and grass. More specifically, a Grassland spotted with trees. Okay. Sure. Why not.

Still, feeling was coming back to my body, which was great, cause nothing beat waking up someplace completely different like waking up somewhere completely different CRIPPLED did.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I was able to get myself up to a sitting position, only to nearly be knocked back again due to a shock, with physics thankfully keeping my centered in my new position.

I...did not have hands anymore. Instead, I had what could only be considered as a nub, shaped like an omega, which, after a moment of staring at blindly, finally connected two with two as a hoof. I swiftly raised my other appendage, and YEP, there's it's twin. I glanced down, and wouldn't you know it, they were quadruplets.

After letting the...I don't think revelation fits, realization of a new reality? Whatever, sink in, I also quickly found a note right beside where my...hoof, had been resting.

It took a moment to decide how to pick it up for a moment, before I realized 'Fuck it' I was a quadruped now, and had no time to be picking anything up yet.

Thankfully, it seemed the paper could at least tell you were DONE with today, being in nice, easily readable English instead of Latin or some other random mind-screw of a language. Small victories, they were there for the taking, right?

Any way, the note, right.

"To Dear Whoever stepped into Intrigue Trap number X-935, thank you for you not-so volunteering for the ROB Entertainment Extravaganza. You, Insert Name Here, have been selected to travel to Check World Here for the entertainment of us higher beings. However, we are not CROBS, and have thus 'Paused' your previous existence to ensure that no such 'angst' can be generated during your continued stay. Have an entertaining life, we are watching.

From,

The Department Of Power-That-Be Enforcement

I kinda wanted to both laugh and cry at the letter, but they turned me into a horse, or at least something equine by what sounds like a clerical office, sooooo there must be some kind of upsides, right?

In any case, I tried to scratch my forehead, only to stop as I reached something before that. It felt thin, and jutted out quite a bit from my upper forehead. Ignoring THAT for a moment though, I was also focused on my first unclouded view of the night sky, with the meager amount of clouds that were there before now having moved away while I was busy worrying about the hooves to pay direct attention.

WELL. THAT'S A FOREBODING THING TO SEE IN THE SKY.

My mind raced, immediately recognizing the lunar body and EXACTLY what it meant.

'Oh, damn it. I'm in My Little Pony now...and I've never actually watched any of the episodes...eh.'

Okay, it was something of a small reaction, but it wasn't exactly my fault. I've read plenty of fanfiction, listened to the songs time and time again, and even brushed up on different things of lore just cause they were interesting. I knew some of the broad strokes that were to come, or had past, which was already a step up from how you lived before, at least when I wasn't getting Deja Vu over things.

Plus, of all the possible worlds to be inserted in, this was one of the best ones to be, parody-verse or not. If it was a reality where Ponies ruled the rest of the species, at least I'd be part of the ruling class. And if it was like the show in any capacity? Well then I was just going to do what I did best and roll with whatever cards I was dealt.

Speaking of things to roll with though...

"I wonder if I can still eat meat, or if it'd be murder or something..."


CHAPTER END

Author's Note:

WELCOME, TO MY LABORATORY NEWISH STORY! I know we're all gonna have lot's of fun in the next while. So just sit back relax, and enjoy semi-consistent streams of updates followed by silence! Like the great floods and subsequent droughts of yore!