• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 658 Views, 3 Comments

In These Times... - EternalShadow54



Times within war hold no mercy, even for the simplest of ponies...

  • ...
1
 3
 658

Entry #5-

Journal Log, Entry #5-
Date: October 6th, The Season of Youth...

A month... A WHOLE MONTH in service and I have yet to see a single glimpse of action. Being stuck here on guard duty really grows rather tiresome after a while, especially when I see so many sick and injured brought in from the battle near the valley not too far off south from this fort. Not completely sure how I should feel about saying this, but at this pace I'll be out there showing my skills in no time! I do have one concern however... I've heard that the New Lunar Republic has taken to capturing and torturing our soldiers... and that many of which that they send back... take their own life because of which... I can't even begin to imagine what kind of horrible things they must do to have those poor stallions and mares break like that. Even so, I still hear veteran fighters talk about how it feels to kill another pony. The guilt and shame they feel after taking another life... I mean, I wouldn't personally know myself, but we are fighting ponies who fail to see the error of their ways, and even worse, call those errors the correct way of living!

Everypony should have the right to live freely, and with Celestia we have that right! Does that take the sting and wrong out of committing the dark deed of taking life? No... but we have no other choice... If that means I have to go out there and slash my way through five legions of those republic scum to secure my family's future, then by the name of our glorious sun goddess, I'll fight until my dying breath! Sorry journal... kind of got carried away there... I need to write back to mother today however and check back on sis. I always knew that she wasn't exactly the winter type, but from mom's description, it seemed to be more than just a common cold... I don't know though. I mean, I've been known to be paranoid about those type of things, so I'm probably just being worried over nothing. She's strong, and she can pull through anything. I really miss them now... and can't wait to see their faces again... I guess that's another reason to fight... The faster this war is over, the sooner I get to see my family again...