• Published 9th Jan 2019
  • 4,079 Views, 147 Comments

ULTRA LIVE! Sunset Shimmer - Cojo5536



In the recent heartbreak of Anon-A-Miss Sunset Shimmer will find something that sends her on an adventure unlike anything before.

  • ...
4
 147
 4,079

Scandal In the CHS Soccer Team

Sunset walked into CHS the next day feeling fantastic. Sure the majority of the school was still glaring at her, and Trixie very nearly killed her the previous day, but she won. She overcame that first challenge, and even got Fluttershy back on her side. Yes, this superhero business had gotten off to a great start. She could not rest yet, however, she had promised to Trixie that they would talk about what happened, and she intended to keep that promise.

"Sunset?" she heard Fluttershy meekly call.

Sunset turned to face her, "Hey 'Shy, what's up?"

Fluttershy looked around nervously under the gaze of her fellow students, but managed to build up her courage and held her hands out, causing Sunset to gasp. In the shy girl's hands, were three figures that could only be Spark Dolls. "What? How?" Sunset asked, shocked.

"I found them in the forest a few months ago, after we beat the Dazzlings. I thought they were cute, so I took them home with me. I thought that, after what happened yesterday, you would have more use for them," Fluttershy explained.

"Oh, 'Shy," Sunset said, then hugged the other girl, "Thank you. I'll ask Taro about them before we talk to Trixie. You should get to class, wouldn't want you to stand out any more than you already are, talking to me."

Fluttershy nodded then hurried off, while Sunset walked off to find Wallflower.

*////*

Sunset found Wallflower rummaging through her locker for her school supplies, "Hey Wallflower, great news."

"Oh? What is it Sunset?" Wallflower meekly asked, turning to face the redhead.

"I talked to Fluttershy earlier, and it turns out she had some Spark Dolls that we could use," Sunset said happily, "I was wondering if Taro could tell me about them."

Then a muffled Taro said from Wallflower's bag, "I can hear you through the bag you know, and of course I can."

Wallflower giggled, then turned back to Sunset, "I guess that answers that. You know, you're in a really good mood, considering everything that's happened over the past few days."

"Well of course I am! Wallflower, in just two days I lost my friends, gained two new ones, stopped a monster, then regained one of said lost friends. I am high as a kite on life right now," Sunset said excitedly. "So what have you overheard?"

Wallflower's mood dropped slightly, "Well, your good mood hasn't gone unnoticed. There are people saying you're so happy because you have something big to post to Anon-A-Miss. Better watch yourself here, there might be another monster-in-waiting here."

Sunset grimaced, "Ugh, of course they are. Well, it can't be helped, mind fetching Trixie while Taro and I talk?"

Wallflower blushed, but nodded and handed Taro to Sunset, before going off to find Trixie.

*////*

In a side room of the school library, Sunset was rummaging through her bag while Taro paced on the table in front of her.

"Alright Sunset, we're here. Let me see those Spark Dolls," Taro said impatiently.

"Jeeze, hold your horses," Sunset paused, "I can't believe I just said that. Alright, I found them."

Sunset placed the three monsters on the table, expecting Taro to react in a similar manner to when Wallflower pulled out Sadola. Instead, Taro seemed overjoyed at the sight of the monsters, "Oh, it's you three! I was wondering what happened to you. Where is your master?"

Sunset sat in perplexed silence, "Um, Taro?"

Taro snapped out of his joy induced daze and blushed while rubbing the back of his head, "Sorry. I am very familiar with these three, because they are the Capsule Monsters of my fellow Ultra, Ultraseven. The one resembling a horned frog is Miclas.

"The robot is Windam.

"And the dinosaur is Agira."

"Oh, so they're good monsters," Sunset said, now understanding Taro's happiness and sharing in it.

"Yes!" Taro responded in a chipper voice. However his tone then became serious, "Though..."

"What?" Sunset asked, dreading the answer.

"Don't misunderstand me Sunset, I am overjoyed to see these three," Taro placated, "But I would be happier if Ultraseven was with them. However since he's not, it makes me wonder what became of him, and where his Spark Doll is. I fear he may already be in our enemy's hands."

Sunset's dread was well founded. After yesterday's demonstration of Ultraman Ginga's power, the idea of having to fight an Ultra was immensely unappealing. Thankfully before she could dwell on it further a knock sounded at the door followed by Wallflower and Trixie entering the room.

"Oh , hi! Come on in you two. Taro was just telling me about Fluttershy's Spark Dolls. Turns out they originally belonged to another Ultra," Sunset explained.

"Oh really? That's great Taro," Wallflower said, while taking a chair; though Trixie was busy staring at the little red man.

Sunset sighed, causing Trixie's attention to turn to her, "So, Trixie. In the interest of time, I'll make the explanation as short as possible. Basically, somewhere in the universe, a massive battle was fought as part of a larger war between good and evil. Then a dark giant showed up and turned all the participants into these action figures called ‘Spark Dolls’. Ultraman Ginga showed up to stop him, but lost, though he did manage to force the giant into hiding. Now the war is picking back up here on this world. Do you understand all that?" Trixie nodded. "Good because I really didn't want to repeat myself."

Wallflower frowned at Sunset's clippy tone, "Sunset, I know you and Trixie have never been on the best of terms, but that attitude is not helping."

Sunset cringed under Wallflowers gaze, "Sorry."

"Miss Trixie, I understand that all of this is a shock to you, but unless you can tell us something, what happened to you will keep happening. That means more monsters, more destruction, and more people being hurt. So if you have any information for us, we can start taking steps to stop it," Taro said in a disarming voice.

"Where you got the Spark is a good place to start," Sunset said.

"Hmph, Trixie has no idea what you're talking about," the magician said, crossing her arms.

Is... Is she playing dumb, or is she really that bad at context? Sunset thought with a flat stare. Rather than voice her thoughts, she merely reached into her pocket and pulled out the Ginga Spark. Trixie's reaction was immediate, and completely over the top. The boastful girl shrieked at maximum volume, and threw herself over her chair, using it as a shield. Sunset could not help but smirk, "I thought you said you didn't know what a Spark was."

"TRIXIE DIDN'T THINK YOU MEANT THAT!"

Yep, bad at context, Sunset thought, Although. "Trixie, don't think that I'm blind to what you're doing. You're keeping your normal attitude to avoid admitting you're scared. The thing is, though, it's that attitude that got you into this mess in the first place. Do I have to remind you that you tried to kill Fluttershy just to get to me while you were holding onto that Spark? That's the sort of thing that will keep happening unless you drop the tough girl BS and start working with us."

Trixie glared at Sunset in defiance, but seeing the Ginga Spark had shaken her resolve. Sighing, Trixie relented and sat back down, "Okay, fine, what do you want to know again?"

"Where did you find the Spark?" Sunset repeated.

"Trixie didn't find it; she was attacked," Trixie responded, shocking Sunset. "Two nights ago, Trixie was sitting at a bus stop; she was angry about something Anon-A-Miss posted about her. Suddenly, Trixie heard someone running up to her and the next thing she knew was she as at her house with that 'Spark,' as you call it, and the evil rabbit toy."

Sunset was shaken. She had assumed that Trixie had just stumbled across the Spark at a shop or in a bush somewhere, not that it was forced on her in an attack, "Trixie... I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't, you just assumed that Trixie got lucky," Trixie replied, bitterly.

“So, someone or something is handing out Spark Dolls and evil versions of the Ginga Spark to people?” Wallflower concluded. “What for?”

“I don’t know yet,” Sunset said. “For kicks, maybe?”

“It may appear that way,” Taro half-agreed. “Or perhaps there is an evil plan involving the Spark Dolls and these ‘Dark Sparks’.”

“Well, knowing my luck, we’re bound to be meeting more people turning themselves into monsters to do whatever,” Sunset remarked. She could understand why anybody wanted to be a monster. It made them feel powerful. Trixie, even though she had been corrupted, had probably felt the same way while in control of Lunaticks. But of course, Anon-A-Miss still plagued and complicated Sunset’s life. Looking at Trixie, she needed to confirm something.

“Trixie,” Sunset started. “Do you still believe I’m Anon-A-Miss?”

Trixie opened her mouth, then closed it, and then thought about what had happened earlier. She was so confused and scared. So, she was not sure about anything. However, she needed to give her answer.

“...No, Trixie does not think so.”

Sunset Shimmer smiled.

“Good, because we kinda have these Spark Dolls to worry about. Can you promise to not tell anyone about what happened?”

“Would anyone believe Trixie?” Trixie retorted.

“Probably,” Sunset shrugged. “With all the weird things happening, someone is bound to investigate. I don’t want people coming at me to try to steal the Ginga Spark either. We’re going to need it to beat more monsters as they come.”

“You have Trixie’s - my word - Sunset Shimmer,” Trixie swore.

“Well, that’s good. But we need to figure out who or what is handing out Spark Dolls and cheap knockoffs of your Ginga Spark,” Wallflower said.

“We’ll find out who’s giving out these bootleg Sparks, and we’ll stop them, one monster at a time,” resolved Sunset. At least she was not alone. She had Wallflower, Taro, Fluttershy and also Trixie (probably).

*////*

“What?”

“I don’t believe Sunset is Anon-A-Miss anymore.”

“But, Shy! Look what she’s done! It’s gotta be her!”

“Rainbow Dash, I have and I believe she’s innocent! And I don’t care if you believe me or not! I’m standing by her! Goodbye!”

Fluttershy ended the call. She had done it, she had told her friends that she believed Sunset. She could not help but smile as she recalled what the redhead told her yesterday. This was her first step to fulfilling her promise.

"So what do you think, Sunset?" Fluttershy heard Wallflower ask.

"I don't know," Sunset responded, "Taro said that some aliens could disguise themselves as humans after Trixie left; but that wouldn't make sense given that they should also be Spark Dolls." The redhead then noticed her pink haired friend, "Fluttershy? I thought you would be having lunch with the others."

Fluttershy shyly smiled, "I just got off the phone with Rainbow, I told her that I believed you."

Sunset's smile could have blinded even Princess Celestia with it's radiance, "Fluttershy." Suddenly the pink-haired girl was enveloped in a bone crushing hug, "I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!"

Fluttershy squirmed and giggled in the taller girl's grasp until she was released so the three girls could reach the cafeteria before the main rush of students could begin.

*////*

On the roof of CHS, the four friends ate their lunch away from the prying eyes of the entire school.

"So, Trixie couldn't help?" Fluttershy asked, saddened.

"Not in any major way. The most we found out is that that there is someone or something in the city is handing out Dark Sparks," Sunset replied. "Taro came up with the name."

"It does make a nice placeholder term for them," Taro added.

"Did she see who attacked her at least?" Fluttershy asked.

"The everyday answer would be 'no,' but I think it's more likely that she did," Sunset replied.

Wallflower was confused, "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well memory manipulation spells are a thing in Equestria, so obviously, it's possible. But seeing as this isn't a magic issue, it must have pulled it off some other way," Sunset suddenly noticed she had lost her listeners. "Sorry. I think her attacker somehow erased itself from her memory."

"Oh," Wallflower nodded in realization, "So Trixie only knows for certain that she was attacked, but the culprit messed with her head so she couldn't remember what he, she, or it looked like."

"Exactly!" Sunset said and patted Wallflower's head.

"If I may interrupt," Taro said, "How do you know magic isn't involved?"

Sunset suddenly realized Taro had never seen Equestrian magic in action, "Oh, right. Equestrian magic isn't exactly subtle, lots of color and light. Trixie's attacker, meanwhile, went completely unnoticed by anyone, if magic was involved I would've expected some reports of a colorful light to pop up in the news."

Suddenly, the three girls' phones pinged an alert. Taking them out, they saw that Anon-A-Miss had struck again.

"Oh, this is not good," Wallflower said with a sense of dread.

*////*

"WHAT!? WHY AM I BEING TESTED!?" the yellow-haired Lightning Dust shrieked in outrage.

"You know damn well why Dust," Coach Iron Will said, coldly, "We brought you on because of your abilities, but in light of the recent Anon-A-Miss post, I need to be sure that history isn't repeating itself."

"This is ridiculous, I DON'T DOPE!"

"Then you have nothing to worry about, do you? Why are you being so defensive about this if you've done nothing wrong?"

"Because the moment that blog brought up my grandfather, my teammates have been glaring at me like I'm a monster!"

"That's the other thing, why did you never bring up that your grandfather was Wind Rider? An athlete who infamously destroyed his career when he was caught doping? I would have thought that was something important for an up and coming athlete to mention."

"But I took a drug test when I joined the team, and I was clean then!" Lightning exclaimed in desperation.

"That changes nothing. Wind Rider also took a drug test when he joined his team, and he was only caught after his position was secured. We need to make sure that you didn't pull a stunt like that. However, I see this argument is going nowhere, you are taking that drug test and that's final. Now, get out of my office," Coach Will said with finality.

Lightning Dust just glared at her coach, as though she could set the man on fire with her eyes, before uttering a venomous, "Fine," and exiting the room.

Out in the hallway, Lightning Dust glared at the screen of her phone. Ever since Anon-A-Miss’ first post, the girl kept up with all the new posts. They were all just so entertaining and they made her laugh.

She was not laughing anymore.

Anon-A-Miss’ latest post was about her, and this could kill her career before it could truly begin. Growling, she punched the wall, "Damn that Sunset Shimmer! When I get ahold of her, not even dental records will be able to identify the body."

"Is that so?" a weasley voice suddenly said, "Well I might be able to help in that endeavor, hm hm hm."

Lightning turned to face the voice, finding a big eared, small eyed, oddly dressed man reading a magazine in a chair behind her. She growled and snatched the magazine from his hands, "Who the hell are you, and what do you want?"

The man raised his hands in a non threatening gesture, "My name is Icarus, and I neither want nor need anything from you. However, you seem to need something from me, hm hm hm. Please, sit." Another chair and a table suddenly appeared in front of Icarus. Lightning looked at the man suspiciously, but complied nonetheless. Icarus continued, "You see, I represent a client with a vested interest in the removal of Sunset from the picture."

"Well he's in luck, I was going to do that anyway," Lightning said.

Icarus merely laughed out, "What? Like that? Hm hm hm, oh that is funny. See that girl has recently come into a lot of power, as you are, you cannot harm her. But not to worry, your friend, Icarus, can even the playing field."

Icarus then placed crystalline, purple, dagger shaped object on the table along with a monster toy. Lightning scoffed, "Toys? That's going to help me get back at Sunset? Give me a break."

Icarus gasped, "Miss Dust, you wound me. Do give me some credit. These are not mere toys. I give you: the Dark Dummy Spark, and Supersonic Monster Halen. Capable of flying at over Mach 10 and launching fireballs, you will have no equal on this planet."

Lightning stared at the 'Dark Dummy Spark' and 'Halen' for a time before saying, "So what? More magic bullshit from Equestria?"

This seemed to take Icarus aback, "Equestria?"

"You know? The portal under the statue?"

"I knew nothing about a portal, but good to know, hm hm hm."

This man was creepy, and that was pissing off Lightning, "Whatever, I don't need your bullshit to turn Sunset's face inside out."

She stood up to leave, but Icarus spoke up again, "Hm, suit yourself, but please, do take them in case you change your mind."

Lightning snarled. This Icarus guy would not be satisfied until she took those toys. "Fine," she said, turning around to take them to shut the guy up. Upon grasping the Dark Dummy Spark, however, Lightning found her hand locked onto it and unable to let go, as the device emitted a dark aura that rapidly engulfed her. Icarus laughed maniacally as she screamed, slowly fading from the hallway.

*////*

The Rainbooms, minus Fluttershy, sat together at lunch. Normally, they would be chatting talking about current events. The most recent, and most depressing, was Anon-A-Miss and how Sunset Shimmer was using the online persona to spread everyone’s secrets.

But then, Fluttershy told all of them that she did not believe Sunset Shimmer was Anon-A-Miss anymore. That just did not make sense. It had to be Sunset! It was obviously her!

Was Sunset Shimmer blackmailing Fluttershy? It was something she did to get people in line and Fluttershy was not exactly someone who could fight against Sunset if she was alone. But Fluttershy was not answering their phone calls or responding to their texts.

It was enough to make them worry about their kind yet timid friend.

"Well hi there Cap, you look like someone just died," a voice suddenly cut through their musings. Looking for the source, they found a disheveled looking Lightning Dust, with frazzled hair and sunken eyes.

“Damn, Dust, what happened to you?” Rainbow asked, unnerved.

“Not important, listen, I’ve got a way to deal with Sunset for good, and I wanted to show you,” Lightning said manically.

“Um, okay?” Rainbow said, not liking where this was going, “I’ll be right back girls.” She stood up, and followed Lightning outside.

*////*

“Damn it’s cold out here,” Rainbow said, rubbing her arms, “Okay Dust, we’re here, what is this thing you wanted to show me?”

Lightning only offered a crazed smile then pulled out two toys, “This.” She touched them together, causing a dark aura to envelop her with a growling call of:

DARK LIVE: HALEN!

As the aura began increasing in size Rainbow realized that she was way out of her league, and, though she would later deny it, absolutely terrified. Not knowing what else to do, she ran back into the school to warn everyone.

*////*

Shortly before this happened, Sunset and her group were rushing to the cafeteria, hoping to catch Lightning Dust before the Giant did.

“What makes you so sure that Lightning is next Sunset?” Wallflower asked.

“Lightning Dust is a hothead, and not exactly someone who you want to piss off,” Sunset answered, urgently, “Back in my bad girl days I found out she once left one of her rivals in a wheelchair because they spoke out of turn, but the evidence wasn’t enough to get the charges to stick.”

“That makes her a perfect user for a Dark Spark,” Taro confirmed, “Sunset, I need you to know something, if we fail to reach her in time, and you have to fight know this. If you have to resort to Ultraman Ginga, you need to end the fight quickly, Ultras typically can only stay in a fight for three minutes. Should they run out of time, they will stop moving and you will be trapped inside him.”

“Right, so finish the fight quick and fast.”

“Wait, so you can only maintain your gigantic form for three minutes?” Wallflower asked.

“Well, it depends on where we fight. In space, for some reason, we can maintain our original size for long periods of time easily and also on our home planet,” Taro answered. “It’s probably because your planet’s atmosphere filters the sunlight we use as a source of energy.”

“You know, we’ve told you so much about our worlds, but you haven’t told us anything about yours,” Fluttershy said.

“Perhaps after we’ve dealt with Lightning Dust, we can sit down and I can give you all a history lesson of my people,” Taro offered kindly.

Suddenly the entire school lurched sickeningly.

“Please, tell me that wasn’t what it felt like,” Sunset pleaded.

“I fear so,” Taro said with dread.

Now a roar that began with a shriek then ended in a growl shook the windows. Looking outside revealed the new enemy, “Taro, what is that?” Sunset asked.

“I-I don’t know, I have never seen that monster before- Oh,” Taro gasped. “I remember now. The war wasn’t across just one universe, but involved Ultras and monsters from across the multiverse. That monster must be from one of the other universes.”

Now the sounds of the screaming school population drifted into the halls. “Okay, here’s what’s going to happen, Wallflower, Fluttershy, do what you can to keep everyone from trampling each other. Taro and I will handle Lightning Dust,” Sunset ordered. The two girls nodded before running off to help, while Sunset made for the nearest exit, “Taro, which Doll should I live into?”

“Lunaticks would be a good choice for his ranged capabilities, but you are more likely to do more damage to the city if that monster is as fast as it looks,” Taro recited, “I recommend Windam, who on top of close combat abilities, has a powerful and precise ray on his head.”

“The robot, got it,” Sunset said as she reached the exit, pulling out the Ginga Spark with the chosen Doll and touching them together.

ULTRA LIVE! WINDAM!

*////*

The students of CHS panicked when the gigantic monster straight of a Godzilla movie just appeared out of nowhere. The roar it released was deafening as it opened its beak to spit out a fireball aimed straight at the school. However, Halen never got the chance to torch the building as a silver fist delivered an uppercut, knocking the Supersonic Monster back.

Within Windam, Sunset controlled the silver Capsule Monster while gripping the Ginga Spark. Eyes narrowed, she looked inside Halen to see Lightning Dust standing in a similar space while in possession of a dark knockoff of the Ginga Spark.

“Lightning Dust!” Sunset shouted.

“Sunset Shimmer!” Lightning Dust growled. “Oh, I’m so going to enjoy this!” Lightning Dust made Halen take a deep breath before shooting a fireball straight at Windam. Immediately, Sunset crossed her arms in front of herself and Windam did the same, shielding itself from the flaming assault. Halen continued to blast Windam with fireballs and Sunset gritted her teeth. She could feel the heat and impact of each fireball as they connected.

“C’mon!” Sunset Shimmer yelled. “Take this!”

Windam spread out his arms and then fired the Laser Shot from its forehead. The missile-strength laser beam collided with Halen’s chest, causing an explosion that threw the Supersonic Monster to the ground. Once Halen was down, Windam jogged toward its opponent and jumped, landing on top of Hallen with a body slam. The two giant monsters began to wrestle.

“Get off me!” Lightning Dust roared and Halen delivered a fireball straight into Windam’s face, blinding it and Sunset Shimmer.

“Argh!” Sunset Shimmer shouted as Halen threw Windam off.

Halen picked itself up and spread its wings before taking off. It flew across the sky before it fired at Windam. Windam was being hit as fireballs exploded on its back and shoulders as it was trying to get back up.

*////*

Fluttershy and Wallflower managed to get the students and faculty away, even dragging Photo Finish away as the photographer was trying to capture all the action with her camera.

Fluttershy watched the monsters brawl and grew worried.

“Sunset’s in trouble,” Fluttershy whispered. Her friend was in trouble and there was nothing she could do. Supposedly, the Magic of Friendship should be able to do something, but as things as they were, she doubted they could access that power to do anything.

“Don’t worry,” Wallflower said as she patted Fluttershy’s shoulder. “She’s got this.”

*////*

Halen flew around, dodging Windam’s Laser Shot and shooting back with fireballs.

“I’m going to kill you and then I’m going to kill my stupid coach!” Lightning Dust shouted at Windam.

“No,” Sunset swore. “I won’t let you!”

Sunset Shimmer’s Mark of Courage flashed on the back of her hand and the Ginga Spark opened up, releasing Ginga’s Spark Doll.

“Heh, took you long enough,” Sunset said with a smile as she grasped Ginga’s Spark Doll. “OK, here we go! Let’s go, Ginga!”

ULTRA LIVE! ULTRAMAN GINGA!

A flash of light engulfed Sunset and Windam and all of a sudden the monster was replaced by a silver and red Giant of Light.

Lightning Dust was unimpressed. Inside Ginga, Sunset narrowed her eyes and clenched her fists.

“Alright, big guy. Let’s bring her down,” Sunset declared.

Ginga bent his knees and jumped up, taking off into the sky. Lightning Dust gasped and dodged as Ginga shot toward her.

“Shit!” Lightning Dust yelled as Ginga flew at her. Halen shot fireballs but Ginga batted them away as he gained speed and cut the distance between them. “NOBODY’S FASTER THAN ME!”

Ginga finally got a hold of Halen’s foot. ”Not anymore,” Sunset said, before pulling Ginga’s arm back, yanking Halen into pummeling range. Ginga led with a right hook, followed with a left chop to the throat, then a double knee to the gut, before finishing off with an elbow drop. Halen fell some distance before regaining control of itself and resuming normal flight.

“Damn,” Lightning Dust said, “You’re good, but you won’t win, Sunset! My monster is still stronger than you!” Halen rocketed at Ginga while launching fireballs. Ginga dodged every one, but as soon as the monster was within range of his fists, Lightning turned Halen out of the way of his punch, raking her claws across his chest on the way past.

The strike left both Sunset and Ginga disoriented and vulnerable for for the trio of fireballs that then struck them in the back, followed by Halen once more buzzing them with its claws. Lightning Dust then turned Halen around, charging head first into Ginga’s stomach, then delivered a pair of claw swipes, before ending by darting behind the Ultra and dropping feet first into his back.

Ginga had nearly hit the ground by the time Sunset regained control of his flight. “Damn it, as long as she’s up there she has all the space she needs to get out of the way of my attacks. I need to trap her on the ground somehow.”

Sunset soon heard a beeping and quickly realized what was happening as her space turned red. On Ginga’s chest, his color timer was flashing red.

They were running out of time.

“I have an idea Sunset,” Taro suddenly spoke, his voice somehow reaching Sunset. It was probably because of the Ginga Spark. “That monster seems to have thrusters in its back, if you can destroy those, Dust will be forced to fight on our terms.”

“Right,” Sunset said before launching Ginga back into the sky. The blue crystals on Ginga’s body began to flash yellow. “Hey, Lightning! Are you really as fast as lightning!?”

“What!?”

Ginga Thunderbolt!”

The electricity arced from Ginga’s hand and into Halen’s thrusters, crippling Lightning’s ability to stay in the air and sending her monster plummeting to the Earth.

*////*

Halen smashed into the ground so hard that it seemed that a bomb had detonated. Within the crater, Lightning Dust struggled to get the monster back onto its feet, but the damage the attack and subsequent fall had done, left it crippled.

A distance away, Sunset and Ginga landed on the ground and began walking forward, “Before I end your rampage, I need to know something. Why were you so scared of a drug test? If you weren’t doping, you could have just done the test and proven the team wrong anyway. Yet you freaked out, and even went so far as to try to kill me, why?”

Lightning finally got Halen onto shaky legs the growled out, “Do you think, that I want to be related to that cheating bastard? Ever since I got into sports, his shadow has been hanging over my shoulder saying ‘hey, you should make this easier, get drugs.’ When I reached high school, I had thought I finally gotten rid of it, but then you. You made that goddamn blog and told everyone about my grandfather, then coach suddenly wanted to know if I was doping, and my team was treating me like some kind of inhuman creature. That test represents everything I’ve been avoiding my entire life. I refuse to be recognized by my team for what Wind Rider did!” Lightning then began a slow charge at Ginga.

“Lightning Dust, listen to me! I am not Anon-A-Miss, and even if you kill me, you still won’t get what you want! You’ll have blood on your hands and it won’t change what happened to your grandfather! You can be better than this! Better than him!”

However, Lightning Dust was done listening and it was up to Sunset to stop her rampage. As the other girl struggled to approach in blind determination to continue the fight, Sunset saw another vision of a new finishing attack.

Sunset put her right arm out, before crossing her left above it at the wrists, and then spreading her arms apart in a circle before bringing them together in an ‘L’ position. Ginga followed her motion, the crystals on his body glowing brightly.

Ginga Cross Shoot!

A powerful beam of pure light surged from Ginga’s arms. Halen was stopped in its tracks by the attack, unable to continue moving as the light entered its body. The beam started a chain reaction of explosions rocking the monster’s body and causing it to fall forward. In a final scream from Lightning Dust, Halen faceplanted into the ground and detonated in a massive fireball, throwing the Spark Doll into Ultraman Ginga’s Color Timer.

“Well, weren’t you a right pain? But I’ll be happy to have you on board for your speed,” Sunset said while gazing at the Halen Spark Doll in her hand. Suddenly, the sound of cheering reached her ears. Turning, the sight made her pause in happy shock.

The faculty and students watched Ginga from a safe distance, the latter holding their smartphones up to take pictures and videos of the mysterious giant who had saved them from the monster.

Smiling, Sunset decided to give the crowd a great picture and began posing. “Um, Sunset? Not to cheapen your sense of triumph, but you are still running out of time,” Taro suddenly interrupted.

Sunset, realizing she had less than a minute left, decided it was time to go. Looking up, Ginga flew into the sky until he was nothing but a speck in the distance.

*////*

“WOOOO! THAT WAS SO TOTALLY WICKED! I THINK I CAN JUST EXPLODE FROM THE HYPE!” Pinkie Pie shrieked.

“Hoo nelly, I thought that monster had’im for a bit there,” Applejack said, whistling.

“Oh, if only I could meet the man behind him. I wager that he is the most dashing thing alive,” Rarity said, swooning.

“Who was that?” Rainbow Dash wondered out loud, “Some kind of Superman?”

“No,” Fluttershy answered, smiling, “That, was Ultraman Ginga,” Fluttershy answered, smiling. ‘Thank you, Sunset.’

“Wait,what?” Rainbow said, alerting Fluttershy to the fact that her friends were now staring at her. “‘Shy? Do you know something about what’s happening?”

“U-Uhm,” Fluttershy stammered out, but was cut off by Rarity.

Ultraman Ginga, oh how right I was, such elegance. Oh Fluttershy, darling, can you get me a meeting with that most handsome man behind the giant?”

Unknown to the others Wallflower snorted in knowing mirth before leaving to find the former monster.

*////*

Lightning Dust regained consciousness in the school’s track field. Wallflower Blush sat beside her.

“So. Willing to talk about what happened now?”

“Who the hell are you?”

Wallflower Blush sighed. It did not matter if they were her classmates, they always seemed to forget she existed. “Who gave you the Dark Spark?”

*////*

“You did well, Sunset,” Taro praised as Sunset walked away from the school. The tiny Ultra was riding on his shoulder. After flying off, Sunset managed to change back without anyone seeing her.

“Hey, Taro. When all the monsters, aliens and Ultras were turned into Spark Dolls, you’re the only one who managed to preserve your sentience, right?” Sunset asked.

“That is correct. Why do you ask?”

“When I was inside Ginga, I felt like he was communicating with me.”

“Interesting, but if you are asking about the how of that feeling, I cannot say with any certainty,” Taro said sadly.

“Sunset!”

Sunset turned to see Wallflower running up to her, “Hey ‘Flower, what were you up to?”

Wallflower stopped in front of Sunset, before taking a moment to breathe then saying, “I was just talking to Lightning. It seems that after you beat her, she was very talkative. She gave me the name of who gave her the Dark Spark, though, she called it a, ‘Dark Dummy Spark.’

“Well, danger notwithstanding, nice work ‘Flower!” Sunset said, beaming.

Wallflower happily accepted the acknowledgement, which was pretty rare for her.

“So, tell us. Who was it?” Taro asked, causing Wallflower to realize that they were waiting for her.

“Oh, right. She said it was some guy named ‘Icarus?”

Taro gasped, getting the girls’ attention. “Uh, Taro? Recognize him?” Sunset asked.

Taro stammered, “Perhaps, but that can’t be. He should still be a Spark Doll!”

“Taro, who is it!?”

Taro inhaled in an effort to calm himself, then said, “Unless I am mistaken, Miss Dust had an encounter with the Alien Icarus.”

That caused Sunset and Wallflower to pale. An alien? Loose in the city? This could only spell disaster.

“Could someone have brought him back?” Sunset asked. “Wait, that Dark Giant had a Spark device too, right? Could it have come to Earth like the Ginga Spark?”

Taro stammered again, “Well, it’s certainly possible.”

“That would explain those Dark Dummy Sparks,” Wallflower interjected.

“But in that case, it would need to bond to someone like the Ginga Spark did,” Taro finished.

All of the individuals there froze, before Sunset summed up the situation, “So, we don’t know who, but someone in the school is the Dark Giant.”

This had just gotten far worse.

*////*

Inside a room that was dimly lit, there was an open shelf cupboard which had a large collection of Spark Dolls on display. One would think it was some otaku’s room.

There was a laptop set on a table, open to the Anon-A-Miss MyStable page. An unknown figure sat in a chair, glaring at the screen.

Alien Icarus certainly picked well,” its voice growled out, “Yet not even Lightning Dust could defeat Ultraman Ginga. No matter, his monster Halen still got closer than Metron’s, though, I imagine that territorial idiot has taken issue with Icarus’ deployment.

With more posts being made by Anon-A-Miss, there was no shortage of potential users in CHS.

*////*

On a rooftop in the main city, Icarus stood leaning on the guardrail, waiting for his fellow alien to show up to give him an ear full.

ICARUS! DROP THE DISGUISE AND FACE ME!

Think of the devil.

“Hm hm hm, why Metron, why so furious?” Icarus said, revealing his true, bat-faced form.

“YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHY! THE MASTER ASSIGNED ME TO FIND USERS AND YOU ARE TRESPASSING IN MY TERRITORY!”

“Hm, the Master told me the same thing. Small planet.”

“Grr, this is not the only school full of teenage brats! Just go to that Crystal Prep place!”

“Ugh, puh-lease, that place is so beneath me. Besides, did you ever find out about the portal?”

Metron glared to his maximum capacity with his unmoving eyes, “Portal? What are you talking about?”

“Oh just the one beneath the horse statue in front of Canterlot High School, hm hm hm. Say, if you do not wish to relocate, why not just go through the portal, and go somewhere, without going anywhere,” Icarus baited.

Metron thought about it, but, “No, I will not let you win this.”

“Then we are at a stalemate,” Icarus frowned, “Oh! Tell you what. You can pick the next user and I’ll just stand by and see if you can outperform mine, hm hm hm.”

Metron knew Icarus was baiting him again, but, frankly, the chance to wash out the smug bat’s mouth was too tempting. “Fine,” Metron snarled out, then turned and skulked away, disappearing.

“Hm hm hm, looking forward to it,” Icarus said, resuming his disguise, and returning to the guardrail.

Author's Note:

Next time:

It's official, Canterlot City now has a giant superhero. But not everyone is so enthusiastic about the news, given it also came with the reveal of giant monsters. Sandwiched between the monsters and an escalating Anon-A-Miss, Pinkie Pie takes a deal that turns her into the trickster monster Gango, and begins a pranking rampage across CHS, in an effort to keep spirits up.. Can Sunset and her group convince the party planner that this power is more dangerous than it seems? Or will Sunset be forced to fight the happiest girl in school?

Special thanks to KR Chrome for co-writing this, you really bailed me out several times.

So, Halen.

* Its sole appearance was in Ultraman Max, in episode 12, on September 17, 2005.
* In the episode, it was defeated when it became distracted by a nearby rock band playing music, allowing the Ultra a free finishing shot.
* The suit was just a reused suit of the Ultraman Cosmos monster Lidoras, though modified.

Well that's all for this chapter, until next time, farewell.