• Published 9th Jan 2019
  • 4,076 Views, 147 Comments

ULTRA LIVE! Sunset Shimmer - Cojo5536



In the recent heartbreak of Anon-A-Miss Sunset Shimmer will find something that sends her on an adventure unlike anything before.

  • ...
4
 147
 4,076

A Crash Course In Ultra Ass Kicking

Unknown to most of Canterlot city, there is a portal beneath the statue on the grounds of Canterlot High School. Sometimes, a purple girl in a light blue blouse walks out of it. Fortunately for Sunset, this was one of those times.

In the very early morning before the school opened, Princess Twilight Sparkle stepped, or more accurately fell, out of the portal to Sunset and Wallflower's feet. Upon shaking the cobwebs out of her head, she caught sight of Sunset and shot to her feet in a barrage of questions.

"SUNSET! OH I'M SORRY I'M LATE! I'M LATE AREN'T I!? WHAT'S WRONG!? IS IT THE DAZZLINGS!? ARE THEY BACK!? YOUR MESSAGE ONLY SAID 'I NEED YOUR HELP URGENTLY, COME QUICK'! Wait, WHERE ARE THE GIRLS!? AND WHO'S SHE!?"

"TWILIGHT!" Sunset yelled, halting Twilight's frantic questioning, "I promise I'll answer all of your questions, but you need to calm down first."

Twilight nodded and went into the breathing exercises her sister-in-law taught her, then asked more calmly, "Sunset what happened? Your message made it sound like another magical incident, but if that was the case, where are the rest of the girls? Did something happen between you that you need help with? And who is that girl with you?"

"I would like to get this over with as quickly as possible before the other students start showing up, so I'll answer those questions in one answer," Sunset said. "No, complicated, and Wallflower."

"That... THAT DOESN'T TELL ME ANYTHING!" Twilight shrieked, preparing to work herself into another panic attack.

"Twilight, I promised that you would get your answers, but we can't do this here or in the city," Sunset said with finality. "We have to go deep into the woods near here, so please, just trust me."

Twilight was unsure. Of course she trusted Sunset, but she was behaving so strangely that it was worrying her. If whatever was going on was so dire, why did she not bring the rest of their friends? Why, instead, did Sunset call for her and then bring someone Twilight had never met before? Why did Sunset say that her friendship with the girls was "complicated"? The questions just kept piling up, but Sunset was not being forthcoming with answers. In the end, Twilight had to trust that Sunset would explain everything if she went with her, "okay."

Sunset released a relieved breath, "thanks Twi. Well if we're all ready, lets go."

Wallflower and Twilight nodded, following Sunset into the forest.

*////*

The thing about Equestria is that the primary inhabitants are ponies, and as such are quadrupedal. Unless a pony stays for a prolonged period of time across the portal, they struggle with long distance travel on foot. Such was the case with one Twilight Sparkle, who was now panting like she was about to die, "Sunset, how much further do we need to be?"

"What's supposed to happen is apparently going to be big, so deep enough to not be visible from the school," Sunset replied.

"Sunset," Twilight said with as much firmness as she could muster in her exhausted state. "I want to believe you, but you have been behaving strangely since I arrived, and without the other girls here I'm even more worried, If you want me to trust you, you need to give me something to work with here."

Sunset hesitated. Knowing how Twilight was, she had wanted to hold off on telling her because she would inevitably rush off to try and fix things between her friends, and that was not something that needed to happen now. However, if Twilight was not willing to keep walking, Sunset would need to interest her with something, "Okay." She turned to Wallflower and nodded.

Wallflower looked unsure but reached for her bag anyway. Opening it up, she said, "It's okay, you can come out Taro."

Then to Twilight's disbelief, a small red toy floated out of Wallflower's bag. "Uhg, travel in a bag never seems to improve. Oh," it said, noticing Twilight. "You must be Princess Twilight of Equestria. I am Ultraman Taro of Planet Ultra in the M78 Nebula, pleased to meet you your Highness."

To Taro's perplexment, Twilight did not address him, but instead turned to Sunset and asked, "Discord is involved in this isn't he?"

"What? No, Twilight he-" Sunset tried to explain, but Twilight continued regardless.

"He's the only one capable of this. It's why the others aren't here, right? He did something to them,"

"Twilight, if you would just-"

"I thought he had changed, that he was better. But instead he just decided to come here to cause chaos. The nerve of him,"

"Twilight, stop!"

"WELL I WON'T STAND FOR THIS! I'M GOING TO GO BACK AND MAKE HIM FIX THINGS HERE! EVEN IF I HAVE TO TURN HIM BACK TO STONE TO DO IT! Don't worry Sunset I'll be right back," Twilight turned to return to CHS, but was literally stopped in her tracks by a shriek.

"ULTRA PSYCHOKINESIS!"

Taro, using his psychic powers, had frozen Twilight in place before she could take a step.

"Taro! What are you-!" Sunset started, however Wallflower interrupted, "Sunset, she wasn't listening, what else was Taro supposed to do?"

Sunset became silent with that. Wallflower was right, what was supposed to do in this situation? Sighing, she walked over to Twilight. "Taro, release her."

Taro did as requested, and Twilight stumbled forward, "Sunset, what was that? The toy screamed Ultra-something, and then I couldn't move. I have never felt a spell like that before."

"I HAVE A NAME YOU KNOW!" Taro yelled, indignant.

"TARO! Please," Sunset said, silencing Taro, who, despite not being able to move his facial features, seemed to be pouting. "Twilight. I know you're very, ah, magic minded, but don't you think it's selfish to assume that if something happens here that magic is involved? Just because it looks like it is?"

Twilight gasped, then gained a look of panicked confliction, "but, WHAT ELSE COULD THIS BE!? THAT TOY IS FLYING AND-!"

"TWILIGHT IF YOU WOULD STOP TALKING AND LISTEN WE COULD HAVE EXPLAINED THAT BY NOW!" Sunset screamed, having lost her patience.

Twilight flinched as though struck and looked to be on the verge of crying, "S-sorry."

Sunset felt as though she had been punched, "H-hey, Twilight. I-I'm sorry. I don't say that to be mean, but when you get excited you tend to shut everything else out and start talking but never listening. So please, open your mind and listen before speaking, and I Pinkie Promise you this will all make sense," Sunset said as softly as possible while doing the motions.

Twilight still did not look happy about it, but at least she did not seem ready to cry anymore, "Okay."

Sunset let out a breath and gave Twilight a small smile, "Thank you." She looked at Taro and gave him a nod.

"Finally. Well as I have said, I am Ultraman Taro of-"

*////*

"So you're-" Twilight started.

"Yes," Taro cut in.

"From-" Twilight pointed at the sky.

"Correct," Taro said.

"But, that's impossible. In Equestria Princess Luna controls the moon and stars, and Princess Celestia controls the sun, and even here, there is no evidence of aliens." Twilight seemed on the verge of another rant.

"Twilight, our mere existence here proves it's possible," Sunset reminded.

Twilight hesitated, "But... If what he says is true, why haven't you brought the other girls? Why won't you tell me what happened with them?"

Now it was Sunset's turn to hesitate, remembering the day before vividly, " We... aren't on speaking terms right now."

"What? But... Why?" Twilight could not comprehend what could have happened between Sunset and her friends to cause this.

"Remember when I told you about Anon-A-Miss? The MyStable user that shared Applejack's embarrassing nickname?" Sunset replied, "Well yesterday they posted again, pictures from Rarity's slumber party that somehow came from my phone. When I got to my locker that morning they asked if I had lost my phone; when I said no they started accusing me right there, in the middle of the hallway, then left me."

"It was so bad that she started crying, or so I heard," Wallflower sadly added.

"Wha- bu- Sunset why wouldn't you tell me this? I could have helped you!" Twilight demanded, her eyes tearing up.

"Because you would've done exactly what you're doing now, latch onto that part, and ignore the bigger picture," Sunset said firmly. "If I now have the Ginga Spark, it means that the dark giant is preparing to make a move; we don't have time to worry about broken friendships right now."

Twilight was beside herself. As Princess of Friendship, it was in her nature to want to repair Sunset's friendships, and their aid would be greatly appreciated. However, Sunset was right, trying to fix things now would waste time that they likely did not have. Caught between a rock and a hard place, Twilight conceded, "Okay."

Sunset smiled, "Thanks Twi. Okay, we lost a lot of time talking, so we'll have to do it here." Sunset reached into her bag and pulled out the Ginga Spark, immediately catching Twilight's interest, "Now Taro, how do I use it, and what, exactly, does it do?"

"Well, if you touch the tip of the Ginga Spark to the mark on my left foot, I should return to my original size," Taro replied.

With an apprehensive sigh, Sunset walked over and picked Taro up. As she prepared to touch the Ginga Spark to Taro's foot, Sunset paused and looked at Twilight and Wallflower. Wallflower, despite her attempts to not be obvious, was excited, while Twilight was clearly trying to summon a notebook and quill. "Nothing ventured," Sunset muttered and touched the tiny alien's foot to the Ginga Spark.

*////*

To say the results were underwhelming would be an understatement to the most underwhelming thing one could think of.

Outside of a noise, the Ginga Spark had done nothing to Taro, leaving everyone confused and disappointed. Sunset even tried two more times to the same result.

"I don't understand, I should be big now," Taro said somewhat dejectedly.

"Well this just fantastic, after all that build up he fails to perform," Sunset said, irritably.

"Sunset stop, this isn't the time to be getting frustrated," Twilight pleaded.

"Not the time? Twilight our best shot at fighting the giant doesn't work with the Ginga Spark and we don't have any way to make it work," Sunset pointed out.

"I didn't say we needed it to work with Taro," Twilight reminded, "All we need is another Spark Doll to try again."

"Oh, great, another Doll, do you have one on you?" Sunset said sarcastically.

"Well, no but-" Twilight started but Sunset cut her off.

"Do you see one conveniently lying around here?"

"No-"

"Well then nothing's changed has it?" Sunset yelled, her temper getting away from her. "Face it Twilight we are screwed."

Suddenly, as if by some miracle, Wallflower spoke up, "Actually, we do have another Doll."

Twilight and Sunset turned to look at Wallflower as something suddenly occurred to the two.

"OH MY GOSH WALLFLOWER, I AM SO SORRY! Twilight, this is Wallflower Blush," Sunset said thoroughly embarrassed that she never got around to formally introducing the pair to each other.

"It's okay, I'm used to it," Wallflower said sadly.

Twilight felt terrible for never even speaking to Wallflower and so rushed over to give her a big hug, "I'm sorry too, but I have to ask, how are you involved in all this?"

"I was the one to originally find Taro and the Ginga Spark," Wallflower replied, blushing.

"Oh, that makes sense," Twilight said, seemingly disappointed by how simple the explanation was before bouncing back, "Thank you so much for being Sunset's friend throughout this."

"I wouldn't really call us friends, we only just met yesterday," Wallflower said, blush diminishing.

"Oh," Twilight said disappointed, "Wait! I got distracted, what do you mean 'we have another Spark Doll'?"

"Oh!" Wallflower gasped, then dug around in her bag briefly before pulling out a small figure of a pincer-handed monster.

"S-Sadola?" Taro gasped.

"What? Wallflower where did you get this?" Sunset said in disbelief of their luck.

"Just because I can't use the Ginga Spark, doesn't mean I wasn't doing my part," Wallflower said with as much pride as she could. "Some guy was trying to sell it at the flea market."

"WAY TO GO WALLFLOWER!" Sunset and Twilight said earning a bashful blush from the green-skinned girl.

"Wait!" Taro shouted, "The Sadola Spark Doll might work with the Ginga Spark, but we have no idea what it will do if it does work. It could turn on us as soon as it's revived."

"We'll have to take that chance Taro, we don't have any other options right now," Sunset said. "Now everyone stand back! You don't want to be at ground zero when this happens."

The two other girls and Taro nodded, then retreated behind a tree while Sunset readied the Ginga Spark and Sadola Doll. "Here we go." The Ginga Spark touched the symbol on the monster's foot.

*////*

"WOAH! MAJOR DOOZY INCOMING!" A pink, curly haired girl named Pinkie Pie shrieked while vibrating violently.

"What the hell could Sunset have posted to make you do that?" the chromatic haired Rainbow Dash asked.

"NOT! ANON-A-MISS!" Pinkie said, still vibrating.

"Oh? Then, is it magic?" The white skinned fashionista, Rarity, asked.

"NOPE!" Pinkie shrieked, vibrating still.

"Well shucks Pinkie, what else could it be?" The blonde haired Applejack asked in a Southern drawl.

"I HAVE NO IDEA!" Pinkie uttered, again, as loudly as possible, and still vibrating.

"Uhm, Pinkie, could you stop that, I mean, if you don't mind? It's scaring me," the yellow skinned Fluttershy softly asked her pink friend.

Instantly, Pinkie Pie stopped chirping, "Okie-Doki-Lokie," then returning to her lunch, leaving her friends utterly perplexed.

*////*

The Ginga Spark touched Sadola's foot in a flash of light and a shriek:

ULTRA LIVE! SADOLA!

Sunset screamed in terror as the light engulfed her body, "WHAT'S HAPPENING!?"

As Sunset continued screaming, Twilight tried to reach her, only being held back by Wallflower, "SUNSET!" After giving up on reaching Sunset, she turned and grabbed Taro, shaking him in anger, "WHAT IN TARTARUS ARE YOU PLAYING AT TARO? YOU SAID IT WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO BRING IT TO LIFE!"

"THAT WAS ONLY A GUESS! I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY SEEN IT IN USE!" Taro screamed desperately.

The light completely engulfed Sunset then grew in size. When the light finally dissipated, in Sunset's place was the monster that seemed so small before letting loose terrible screams.

"HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS TWILIGHT!?" Wallflower screamed over the monster.

"NEVER! I MEAN EQUESTRIA HAS TRANSFORMATION MAGIC, BUT NOTHING SO EXTREME OUTSIDE OF DISCORD'S ABILITIES!" Twilight screamed back.

"I don't understand, the Ginga Spark works on the monster but not me?" Taro said in shock.

Suddenly, Sadlola stopped in the middle of another scream and looked at its pincers and body. The observers then heard a voice,"Wh-huh?"

"SUNSET!" the two girls on the ground yelled in relief.

"ARE YOU OKAY!? IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG OR MISSING!?" Twilight asked, worried.

"Twilight! This is..." Sunset started.

"YES!?" Twilight pressed.

"This is..."

"YEAH!?"

"This is... SO AWESOME!" Sunset squealed in glee, then made Sadola stomp around in a manner akin to a child that just discovered that they were going to a theme park.

"WOAH! SUNSET, CALM DOWN!" Twilight shouted, barely able to stay on her feet from the shaking.

"CALM DOWN!? Twilight, foals and children everywhere at some point have wanted to be a giant monster, but none of them actually get to BE one! This is so much cooler than anything Rainbow can do!" Sunset said, then went back to excitedly stomping.

"I understand, but you're going to draw attention doing that!" Twilight reminded, "SO CALM DOWN SO WE CAN TAKE STOCK!"

"Fine," Sunset said in a drawn out sigh, crossing Sadola's arms in a manner akin to a pouting child,"Spoil sport."

"HEY, DON'T GIVE ME THAT! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WANTED TO KEEP THIS SECRET!" Twilight yelled, annoyed by Sunset's sass. "NOW ARE YOU OKAY!?"

"Yes! You don't have to shout. This thing seems to have fantastic hearing," Sunset said, resting Sadola's head on one of its claws.

Twilight was about to speak again, but Wallflower beat her to it, "That might be the Ginga Spark allowing you to hear us."

"Oh, yeah that makes sense," Sunset said, nodding Sadola's head.

Twilight briefly pouted at Wallflower before turning back to Sunset, "So, what happened Sunset? Is this a full transformation? Are you actually the monster?"

"No, I'm not," Sunset replied, "It's more like driving a car or flying a plane, where I'm in a kind of pocket dimension, where I can control it but also feel the world Sadola inhabits."

"Can you describe that pocket dimension?" Twilight asked.

"Not much to it, really. It's kinda like standing inside a kaleidoscope actually," Sunset replied. "But enough boring stuff, lets see what it's capable of. Taro what can Sadola do?"

Suddenly realizing he was still in shock, Taro shook himself into alertness, "Sorry. Obviously you have Sadola's pincers, which can shear through hard metals like steel, but its arms are elastic, allowing you a ranged option; and it can create electromagnetic fog to hide in."

"Sweet. Lets-" Sunset started, but without warning, a small, red ball-shaped object struck Sunset in the back and detonated, causing Sadola to stumble forward. She turned her monster around only to be clawed in the face and knocked down onto her back. When she finally saw her attacker, she could only describe it as the most evil looking rabbit imaginable. That was saying something given Sunset had to take care of Fluttershy's rabbit occasionally.

"L-Lunaticks!?" Taro gasped the magma eating Choju's name.

Suddenly someone started laughing followed by, "Hey Anon-A-Miss, how do you like Trixie's monster!?"

"Trixie?" Sunset whispered. Focusing Sadola's eyes, she gazed inside the enemy monster's pocket dimension and saw Trixie Lulamoon standing in it, wielding a dark object resembling the Ginga Spark. "TRIXIE!? HOW!?"

"Don't know, don't care. What the Great and Powerful Trixie does care about is beating YOU!" Trixie screamed, then fired Lunaticks' eye bombs at Sunset. Sadola rolled to the side and out of the way , then stood up in a fight ready posture.

"Trixie, stop, you don't know what you're doing!" Sunset pleaded, hoping to snap the silver-haired girl out of whatever control she was under.

"No, Trixie knows exactly what she's doing," Trixie said, then swung Lunaticks' right arm followed by her left, but Sunset caught both in Sadola's pincers. "TAKING DOWN ANON-A-MISS!" Trixie shrieked before headbutting Sunset, then rearing up on Lunaticks' tail and kicking Sadola clear across the forest.

What do I do? Sunset thought. She's fighting like a rabid animal, and my words can't seem to reach her.

"SUNSET!" Taro suddenly yelled from her shoulder.

"Taro? When did you get in here?" Sunset asked bewildered.

"NEVER MIND THAT! LISTEN! Twilight believes that the device Trixie is using amplifies her dark thoughts then draws strength from them. Trixie cannot hear you in this state," Taro urgently explained.

"Then what do I do?" Sunset asked, turning Sadola around to see the approaching Lunaticks.

"Fight back and defeat her monster. She will feel the pain but not suffer injury from your attacks, so the sudden disconnection from her monster should leave her open to reason," Taro said with certainty.

Trixie, meanwhile, crouched Lunaticks down and launched the monster into the air with a mighty jump, intending to body slam Sunset. However Sadola stood up and using its extendable arms, struck Trixie straight in the gut with its right claw, winding her. Not wasting time, Sunset pulled Sadola's arm back, then sent out her left pincer into Trixie's face, flipping Lunaticks backwards, and sending the monster to the ground in a thunderous boom.

Sunset gained a satisfied smirk, but then Lunaticks stood back up. "Grrrr, fine, Trixie wouldn't want this to be too easy would she?"

"Happy to oblige Trix," a newly emboldened Sunset said, then assumed a fighting stance with Sadola.

The two girls stared each other down from their monster, waiting for one to flinch so they could resume the fight. After several seconds, the pair stopped waiting and just rushed forward, eager to resume their battle.

*////*

The tremors from this battle could be felt as far away as CHS, alarming the students and sending them running outside, where they could now hear the monsters' roars.

"WHAT IS THAT? IS IT FROM EQUESTRIA!?" Rarity screamed over the cacophony of sounds.

"I DON'T KNOW! I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE!" Rainbow yelled.

"OOOOOOO! MAYBE IT'S A BUNCH OF ELEPHANTS HAVING A PARTY!" Pinkie shrieked, giggling though the tremors. Her friends looked at her as though she sprouted two heads.

Fluttershy, meanwhile, was less concerned about Pinkie's oddness, and more focused on how many animals were in danger because of the tremors. After a particularly violent shake rocked the ground, she made a decision. She ran into the forest despite her friends' calls to not go.

*////*

The fight was not going well for Sunset. For every blow she landed, Trixie struck back harder, and any advantage gained, was swiftly crushed by Lunaticks' wider arsenal.

Trixie delivered an uppercut to Sadola's head, and a left hook to the side, but her right jab was caught in Sunset's left pincer, while the right pincer fastened to her throat. Sunset used this position to push Lunaticks over, and started swinging wildly to deal as much damage as possible, but Trixie countered with poison gas; forcing Sunset to back off. Trixie got Lunaticks back on its feet and delivered a savage knee to Sunset's face.

Damn, I can't beat that thing in a straight fight, Sunset thought in desperation, wait, didn't Taro say Sadola could make fog? Trixie advanced again to end the fight, but Sunset used electromagnetic fog to disappear.

Trixie paused and looked into the fog. "Where did you go, Shimmer?" she whispered with malice. Suddenly, a pincer shot out of the fog and struck her in the head, but was gone by the time she could retaliate. Then, a pair of pincers smashed down onto her back, followed by a kick to her side, knocking her down, but Sadola disappeared yet again. Now the pincers latched onto her legs, sending her to the ground once more, "GRRRR, STOP HIDING!"

It's working, I can win like this, Sunset thought. Unfortunately, Murphy's Law decided now to rear its ugly head.

A terrified shriek pierced through the fog, causing both combatants to stop and look around. Sunset found the source in a tiny pink spot of hair attached to a terrified girl. Unfortunately, Trixie had noticed her as well.

"Fluttershy?" Trixie said with a wicked laugh, "WELL SHIMMER! IF YOU WON'T COME OUT, I WILL FORCE YOU OUT!" She then unleashed Lunaticks' fire breath at Fluttershy.


*////*


Fluttershy was frozen with fear. All she wanted was to check on the animals in the forest when a scary fog rolled in, causing her to get lost. I was while she was wandering that she spotted it, a titanic monster shaped like a bunny. She could not help it, she screamed. Now it was going to kill her and there was nothing she could do about it. She crouched down into the fetal position and screwed her eyes shut, hoping that it would not hurt. That death never came.

A pained roar caused Fluttershy to open her eyes and look back up. Another monster had thrown itself between her and the stream of flames, shielding her from the evil creature. Then a voice croaked out from the good monster, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!? GO!"

"SUNSET!? WHAT-" Fluttershy started but was startled when something grabbed her arm.

"What are you doing her!? Move!" Twilight commanded.

"But Sunset, she-"

"NOT THE TIME! We need to get to cover, Sunset can't hold Trixie back forever," Twilight screamed, dragging Fluttershy to where she and Wallflower had been hiding.

"What is she doing out here?" Wallflower asked.

"I don't know, but Sunset can't take much more of this," Twilight responded looking back to the burning Sadola, "Come on, I know you can do this.

Trixie finally ceased Lunaticks fire breath, watching as Sunset fell forward, "Nice trick with the fog, Shimmer, but you can't out-trick Trixie. After Trixie finishes you off, she'll crush Princess Twilight and the rest of the Rainbooms, then the school, no, THE WORLD, will have look upon ME! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!" She then started maniacally laughing.

Suddenly, Sunset started getting Sadola onto its feet, "How, pathetic."

Trixie stopped laughing and turned to Sunset with a glare, "Excuse Trixie?"

"I had assumed that this was over Anon-A-Miss, given how much of a deal you made out of it at the start. But instead, you're just an attention seeking brat, so desperate, that you don't even care what kind of attention it is. Well, know this: as long as I'm standing, YOU WILL NEVER WIN!" As Sunset screamed those last words, the symbol on her hand started glowing and a new Spark Doll emerged from the Ginga Spark. This was har chance.

Sunset clutched the Doll in her left hand and was, once again, she was assailed by images of the war and the giants of light and dark. This time, however, she understood, "Ultraman... Ginga?" She placed the Doll onto the Ginga Spark, causing a face to appear on it.

"ULTRA LIVE! ULTRAMAN GINGA!"

To those observing, it seemed as though Sadola exploded into a vortex of light resembling two galaxies. It was so bright that it could be seen from CHS, with some particularly paranoid students believing that a nuclear bomb had detonated. The light finally coalesced into a humanoid shape, then dissipated with a bass thump, revealing a spectacular new Ultra in Sadola's place.

The three hiding girls gasped in awe of the new Ultra, but Taro had reservations, "Who is that Ultra?"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT FORM YOU TAKE SHIMMER! TRIXIE'S MONSTER IS STRONGER!" Trixie used Lunaticks' fire breath, but Ultraman Ginga merely held his right arm out and moved it in a circle, summoning a galaxy shaped shield in front of him, then with a push, sent the fire back. "W-WHAT!?"

"Woah, this guy is powerful," Sunset said, then held the Ginga Spark out in front of her, compelling Ultraman Ginga forward. When he had closed the distance, Trixie attempted to slash Ginga with Lunaticks' claws but he dodged every attack, then countered with a devastating uppercut to the monster's stomach, lifting it up. Ginga then followed that up with another uppercut to Trixie's chin and a jumping kick that sent her flying.

Trixie struggled to get Lunsticks back up, but Ginga was already on her, delivering a flying haymaker to her chest then flowing into a series of rapid jabs, until she managed to get a hold of the Ultra's neck. Ginga merely escaped with a double chop to Trixie's throat, forcing her to let go, followed by a left and right hook to the head, then kicked out one of Lunaticks' knees, crippling the monster. Ginga finished his assault by grabbing the monster's head and performing a vertical suplex on it.

When Ultraman Ginga turned around, Trixie had managed to get Lunaticks onto its knees, "No. Not again. Not like the Battle of the Bands. TRIXIE WON'T LOSE TO YOU AGAIN!" She launched a bomb, but Ginga caught the disembodied eye, and threw it into Lunaticks' head, destroying Trixie's remaining weapons.

While Trixie screamed in pain, Sunset saw a vision of one of Ginga's attacks, a technique that could bring down lightning upon an enemy. She went into a series of motions that were reflected by Ultraman Ginga. First, bringing her hands to her chest, then snapping her left and right arms down to her sides, turning the glowing sections of Ginga yellow and arcing with electricity. Now she reached her left hand to the sky, calling lightning down to it before reaching up with her right and transferring the power to it. "GINGA THUNDERBOLT!" Sunset shrieked as she threw her arm forward, sending the lightning into Lunaticks and destroying Trixie's monster in a massive fireball, reverting it into a Spark Doll.

*////*

"SHE DID IT! SHE DID IT!" Twilight and Wallflower cheered, hugging each other and hopping with joy. Taro and Fluttershy, meanwhile, looked on in silent approval and shock, respectively. Nearby, Trixie's unconscious, soot covered body laid, still spasming, on the ground, the device she held dissolving.

The Ultra began glowing before shrinking down and reverting into Sunset Shimmer, who was looking at the Ginga Spark with a satisfied grin. She then noticed the Lunaticks Spark Doll next to her foot and picked it up, "Not so tough now are you? But how did Trixie get ahold of you, and more importantly, how did she become you?" She was suddenly tackled by Twilight, who began to assail her with questions about Ultraman Ginga while the others looked on with amusement.

Hidden within the forest, Alien Metron watched the proceedings, "How disappointing. We were so sure of her strength too. Well no matter, as long as those three children keep posting secrets, we will have a deep pocket of potential Dark Dummy Spark users." He then disappeared into the forest like a ghost.

*////*

After the excitement had died down, the group, along with a newly awakened Trixie, returned to Canterlot High, and now stood in front of the portal to Equestria.

"Are you sure you have to go now?" Sunset asked, disappointed.

"Yes, sadly," Twilight replied, "Some of the Spark Dolls might have fallen through the portal, and who knows how they'll react to that?"

"She has a point," Wallflower said, "According to Taro the Dolls fell all around Canterlot and the surrounding area. At least one could have hit the portal."

"Thank you Wallflower. Though, before I leave, I need to ask Fluttershy something."

"O-Oh. Yes?" Fluttershy timidly asked.

"Why did you accuse Sunset when those pictures appeared online? Applejack and Rarity, I understand, but near as I can tell, nothing was ever posted about you. So why did you join in with the others?" Twilight asked.

Fluttershy became uncomfortable, as though she was afraid that her answer would completely destroy her friendship with Twilight, "I did it because... Because everyone else was.

The tension was thick, no one knowing how to take the revelation. Fluttershy accused Sunset, just because the rest of her friends did? Ultraman Taro voiced everyone's thoughts, "Miss Fluttershy, I understand I have only just met you, but that is a dangerous way to think. Following others can lead to great places, but you need to know when to to stop, lest they lead you to ruin."

"Taro's right 'Shy," Sunset added, "Take Rainbow, for example. She's a good person, I won't ever say she's not, but she has personality flaws that are better off not taken after. She reacts based on emotion, for one, not really considering the potential damage she could do until after it's already done. I know she was your only friend for several years, but is that someone you want to be? A person who wrongly hurts someone, only to realize it long after it's too late to apologize? Where, on the day you girls accused me, was the Fluttershy that ran into a forest because she believed the animals were in danger? Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself, because this all hinges on one thing: Did you believe I was Anon-A-Miss?"

Fluttershy took a moment to really think about how she would answer, but could only find one possible way she could, "No.

Sunset took a moment to collect herself, dumping any feelings of resentment out of her soul, before stepping up to the shy girl and hugging her, "I forgive you." Before Fluttershy could get too happy, however, Sunset added, "BUT! I want you to Pinkie Promise, that from now on, you won't make decisions based on whether someone else believes they're right, but because you believe you're right." Fluttershy nodded and went through the motions of the promise.

Twilight watched the friendship between Sunset and Fluttershy being rebuilt with the biggest smile she had ever had. Things were on their way back to a sense of normalcy. She was suddenly jolted out of her thoughts by Wallflower, "Um, Twilight? Before you go, I have a question. Why didn't the Ginga Spark work on Taro?"

Twilight thought for a moment, then said, "I don't know. But I imagine it has to do with him retaining his sentience."

Wallflower nodded, looking somewhat downcast, "Yeah, I figured as much."

With everything said that needed to be said, Twilight said her goodbyes and walked through the portal. After that Fluttershy and Wallflower decided to return home as well, leaving Sunset and Trixie, who had, uncharacteristically, not uttered a word throughout the proceedings. Sunset sighed and turned to Trixie, who flinched under her gaze, "Trixie, I know you're scared, and confused, but I don't think either of us are in any condition to talk about it right now. So lets just go home, and we'll pick this up tomorrow. Deal?" Trixie nodded and then started to walk home.

Sunset let out an exhale, then began her own trek home, but allowed a smile to grace her lips. Even if Anon-A-Miss was still causing trouble, tomorrow was promising to be a good day.

Author's Note:

Next time:

Flush with her victory over Trixie, Sunset returns to school with a spring in her step. Anon-A-Miss strikes again, however, when a secret that could ruin Rainbow's second, Lightning Dust, is published.

Is something weird? Something feels weird. Let me know in the comments, typos, corrections or suggestions for improvement.

I know you guys don't like hyperlinks, but until I figure out how gifs work here, I'll have to settle with them to the attacks.

Now I know that I want Lightning Dust to be the next Dark Dummy Spark user, but I don't know what to make her secret. So how about some audience participation? What do you guys think her secret should be?

Now for quick facts about Lunaticks:

  • This monster was the creation of an evil extra-dimensional entity called Yapool.
  • Lunaticks' first appearance was on October 13, 1972 in episode 28 of the series Ultraman Ace.
  • Its roar was a modified Sanda roar from War of the Gargantuas.
  • It has the bizarre ability to launch its own eyeballs as bombs. This is compensated with the ability to instantly regrow them.