• Published 25th Jan 2019
  • 5,174 Views, 13 Comments

Shadow the Hedgehog: Forgotten Friendship - Pinkie Pie Sweets



While trying to save her friends memories, Sunset meets a black and red hedgehog who lost his Ina different way.

  • ...
2
 13
 5,174

Chapter 4: Shadow's Solo Investigation

In the school cafeteria, everyone are having something their lunch, hanging out with friends, and have kinds of fun. Sitting at one table is Twilight and the girls having lunch together. Sitting at the table next to them is Shadow. Sunset walks over with two trays. He places one right by Shadow, while Sunset sits on the other side.

Trixie walks over with her tray, and says, "A cafeteria full of suspects, two detectives, a hedgehog, and only one Memory Stone. Seems impossible, but so does pulling a rabbit out of a hat, and I do that all the time."

"How about we start discussing about who to ask about the stone?" Shadow calmly asks.

Trixie looks at Shadow, "Not that I'm complaining Sunset, but why is Shadow at school and not at your home."

"He wanted to come, and he wanted to help," Sunset answers.

"That's understandable, but why can't he do it where no one can see him, or have a disguise?" Trixie asks.

"I don't think he's the type to want to wear a disguise," Sunset says.

Trixie and Sunset look to see Shadow eating and still having the same firm look on his face.

"Doesn't that hedgehog even smile?" Trixie whispers.

Sunset shrugs her shoulders.

Trixie brings out her notebook, and says, "Let's talk motive. Who here hates you enough to erase everyone's good memories of you?"

"If you go back far enough…" Sunset says as she looks at the cafeteria.

She notices one of the students look at her and turn their head away

"Everyone," sunset answers with a sigh.

Trixie writes her notebook, "Known enemies: all."

Sunset rolls her eyes in reply.

In the nurse's office, Red Hart is giving Bulk Biceps a check up. She puts the thermometer in his mouth to check his temperature. Just then, Trixie slams the door open and she along with Sunset and Shadow walk in the room.

"G-G-Good afternoon, ladies. Y-You feeling okay?" Red Heart asks.

"That depends on how well you answer my questions. Has anyone come in complaining of memory problems in the last few weeks?" Trixie interegates.

"Not that I can recall…" Red Heart answers.

"You can't recall?" Trixie questions.

She gasps, and says to Sunset, "We're too late!"

Shadow shakes his head in reply.

Sunset, Shadow, and Trixie head into the library to question the students. While Sunset and Trixie are doing that, Shadow decides to walk around.

Shadow walks down the aisle as he says in thought, "I never seen so many different books before. But then, why do I feel like I have and… with someone by my side."

Shadow then takes out a book and see the picture of the planet on it. Shadow decides to open it and begins to read it. Shadow becomes interested in the book. The book is about how the earth becomes to form over the years with deserts, lakes, forest, cities.

Soon Shadow begins to read more books about the planet, the history, the culture, and everything this world has. He then starts to feel strange.

"What is this feeling I'm having. I feel as it I've done this before, but I don't remember," Shadow says to himself.

Shadow then puts the book back on the shelf. Sunset walks into the hall to see Shadow.

"There you are, I was looking for you," Sunset says.

"Sorry, but I just want to look around a little," Shadow answers.

Sunset looks to see some of the books on the floor. She suspect Shadow has been reading them.

Sunset asks,"Is there a book you wanna check out? I ca check it out for you."

Shadow takes one of the books from the floor, and hands it to Sunset. Sunset shows a calm smile on her face.

After checking the book out of the library, Sunset, Trixie, and Shadow run into a girl name Maud Pie. Sunset then shows Maud the picture of the Memory Stone.

"Is there anything you can tell us about it? Anything at all?" Sunset asks.

"I can't tell much from a drawing," Maud answers.

Then Maud gives Sunset the picture.

"Okay," Sunset sadly replies.

But before Sunset can leave, Maud says, "Only that it's felsic-intrusive igneous, granular in texture, most likely arranged in an equigranular matrix, with scattered biotite mica and amphibole, at least sixty-five percent alkali feldspar by volume, with a melting point of twelve-fifty centigrade, plus or minus ten degrees. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful."

Confused by this Trixie and Sunset slowly walk away from Maud. sunset decides to follow them. By the time Maud is finish talking, they're already gone.

In one of the classrooms, Trixie is sitting on the desk feeling stumped. Sunset and Shadow are looking out the window.

"Okay, so it seems that we have come into dead ends, but it can't get any worse," Trixie says, slightly defeated.

Sunset and Shadow look out the window to see the front yard of the school. Sunset is saddened to see Twilight and the girls are having fun without here. She then looks down at Shadow to notice a strange look in his eyes, even though he has a frown on his face.

Sunset asks, "Shadow, are you feeling okay?"

Shadow doesn't say a single word to her. Instead he looks at his and Sunset's reflection from the window. Suddenly, Sunset's reflection has changed to a different girl with blond hair, and wearing blue colored clothes.

Suddenly, he remembers staring at the window looking at a planet from a space station.

The girl walks to him, and asks, "Are you going to stare out that window all day, Shadow?"

The girl walks to Shadow with a smile. He turns his head to see her, but turns to the window to see the planet.

Shadow says, "I've seen photograph from down on the surface, but I wonder what it's like to be there. What is it like to see the sky above your head. I'd like to visit there and find out."

"Me too," The girl answers.

"Maybe I can find some answers down there. Professor Robotnik's said that I'm here to do something important, but he never told me what that means. But something tells me, that it's connected with that planet," Shadow says.

Shadow and the girl continue to stare out the window to see the planet. He continues to look out to see the girl's image changes back to Sunset's. Sunset continues to look at Shadow.

"Shadow, are you… remembering something just now?" Sunset asks herself in thought.

Shadow walks away from the window and head to the door.

He turns his head, and asks, "Sunset, mind if I continue my investigation on my own."

"Um sure, don't be out too long," Sunset answers.

Shadow nods his head, and leaves through the doors.

Trixie turns to Sunset, "That Shadow doesn't smile so much. You sure have a strange hedgehog, don't you."

"Maybe so, but he seems nice. But… I think he is starting to regain his memory," Sunset says.

Shadow walks down the hall on his own and can see the halls is empty. As he walks down the hall, the scenery changes to a different hallway. One side has a wide window with reinforced glass, while the other side has machines.

Shadow says to himself, "What are these strange images I'm seeing?" Who is this Maria I've been seeing? I felt that she is important somehow?"

Shadow continues to walk down the hall as he is deep in thought. Suddenly, he looks ahead to see the six girls from earlier. Walking towards the hedgehog is Twilight and her friends. The group of girls are talking to each other as they walk down the hall. They stop to see the hedgehog staring in front of them.

"Hello," Fluttershy says.

"Hello," Shadow replies.

The girls remain silent as the hedgehog stares at them.

Twilight steps forward, and kneels down towards him with a calm smile.

"Hello, it's very nice. My name is Twilight Sparkle. What's your name?" Twilight says.

"Shadow," The hedgehog answers.

"It's nice to meet you. These are my friends, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie," Twilight says.

"Hello," The girls reply.

"So whatcha doin'?" Applejack asks.

"Getting some air," Shadow answers.

Fluttershy says, "We're glad that you're feeling better. We didn't have time to talk, we've been busy."

"Where's Sunset? I thought she was with you," Rarity asks.

"She was, but I've decided to have some time alone," Shadow answers.

"Why?" Rainbow asks.

"I don't know, I've been feeling a bit strange. Ever since, I met Sunset, I felt like I have met someone like her before. She's been so kind to me, and it reminds me of someone else," Shadow answers.

The girls look at each other with worried looks on their faces.

"You mean, you lost your memory?" Fluttershy asks.

"Yes. I've been getting images in my head and they feel so familiar yo but. But I can't seem the remember," Shadow says.

"Sounds to me that bein' with Sunset is startin' to help you remember," Applejack says.

"Seems like it. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to continue my walk," Shadow says.

He then walks past the girls and continues to go on his walk. The girls turn their heads looking at him with confused looks on their faces.

"You know, that hedgehog didn't even smile when he with us," Pinkie says.

"Is that the only thing you can say, Pinkie?" Rainbow asks.

"Maybe," Pinkie answers with glee.

Shadow then finds himself in the main hall and looks at the trophies and other items from a glass display.

"Hmm, I wonder what these are?" Shadow asks himself.

Shadow continues to walk along the side and decides to walk down the halls. He comes to realize that he has been walking for a while now, and wonder where Sunset could be at. As he walks down the hall, he notices a girl walking down the wall.

She has light green skin, dark green hair, tanalo color eyes, She is wearing a brown color striped shirt, jeans, and gray color shoes. She seems to be clutching her green backpack pretty tight and is holding a worried look on her face.

Shadow walks to see her walking by with concern. The girls sighs and continues to walk down the hall like nothing happens.

Shadow looks at the girl with a suspicious expression on his face, "That girl, seems to be nervous. I wonder if she's hiding something."

Suddenly he begins to poofing sounds. Curious, Shadow hurries over to see what the sound is. He looks down the hall to see Trixie has appears in front of the door. Then throws a smoke bomb to the ground, and Sunset appears while Trixie disappears.

He then hears Sunset says, "I owe you one Trixie, I will never forget this."

She then runs down the hall to where Shadow is. She comes to a halt to see him.

"There you are Shadow, I was hoping you find us eventually," Sunset says.

"Glad to see you, is something wrong?" Shadow asks.

"Shadow, have you seen a girl with green hair and green hair come by?" Sunset asks frantically.

Shadow nods his head, "I did. I just saw her not long ago. She look pretty nervous, and is clutching her backpack."

"Then she's still here. Listen Shadow, the girl name is Wallflower Blush, and she's responsible for everyone's memories being erased," Sunset says.

"Why would she want to do that?" Shadow asks.

"She's upset at me. Even though, I stopped being mean to her, I haven't been acting nice to her and I never hurt her. She's also upset that she is also treated like she was invisible to the students at the school, including me and my friends. Wallflower erased everyone's memories because she wants to get back at me by erasing my friends good memories of me. She think I fooled everyone into thinking I'm nice and wants everyone to see me as the biggest meanie at school. What's more, if I don't destroy the stone by sundown, all the memories will be gone forever," Sunset says.

Shadow grabs Sunset by the hand, "Then we better hurry. I know which way she is heading."

"And I know where's going," Sunset adds.

"Then let's go," shadow says.

Soon the two are hurrying down the halls together to find Wallflower Blush. Shadow begins to feel that what he and Sunset are doing now, feels like something like this has happened before.

Shadow then remember himself and the blond hair girl from before are holding each other's hand as they run away.

"What's going on. Why does it feel like it happened before? Whatever it is, I can't think about it right now. I need to help Sunset stop that girl before those memories are erased forever," Shadow says in thought.

He and Sunset continue to run down the hall to find Wallflower and destroy the memory stone.