• Published 23rd Dec 2018
  • 1,296 Views, 148 Comments

Vengeance - xd77

  • ...
 148
 1,296

Chapter 3: Doomed to Lose

It was 3 AM and everypony was fast asleep, except for Spike because he had woken up feeling something strange. He then quietly tiptoed out of his room in the castle and towards the door, only to feel a quick burst of indigestion hit him in his stomach, luckily though, it managed to go and he burped out green fire to reveal a scrolled letter sent to them. Spike felt confused at why a letter would be sent to them this late at night.

"Huh, never had a letter get sent here this late at night before." he muttered as he unrolled it.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle and Friends...."

"I understand it is late, but it is with deep informing that you all get here to Canterlot this moment, it appears the magic in Equestria is failing once again, Princess Celestia has left to see if it's Cozy Glow causing it or if its something else, please hurry!"

"Princess Luna."

Spike was even more puzzled, "But how could magic fail a second time after only three months?"

He was soon interrupted by the sound of rushing hoof steps, he then turned to see Twilight and the others due a strange feeling they had encountered in a dream they all had.

"Spike, is that letter from Princess Celestia?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, but Princess Luna wrote it to us, she feels that the magic is failing again."

"That's not possible, it was returned three months ago." Twilight said, levitating the letter out of Spike's claws to read it, but just like Celestia and Luna, Twilight's horn stopped glowing and the letter fell to the floor. The others really had great concern now.

"Oh no!" said Fluttershy.

"Not again, how can this be?!" exclaimed Starlight, trying to light up her horn only to discover that it had stopped glowing as well, now it was all panic for the mane seven and Spike.

"IT CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!!" Rainbow Dash screamed.

"This ain't right, it's only been three months, how could this be happening again?!" demanded Applejack.

"Well, whatever the case, we need to get to Canterlot right now!" ordered Twilight, but before they could depart, they were soon confronted by the young seven who had sheer looks of terror on their faces.

"Every creature, what's going on?!" asked Rarity.

"Oh Professor Rarity, it's happened, it's finally happened!" whined Silverstream.

"What is happening?!" demanded Twilight, Sandbar walked up to her.

"We can't find Nathan!!!" he screamed.

"And what's worse, the whole school has been ransacked!"

"What you mean Nathan is gone?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, we thought you all were looking after him!" shouted Starlight.

"We were, but somehow something knocked us into a deeper sleep, when we woke up he was gone!" screamed Smolder, she then held Nathan's jacket in front of them.

"This cannot be so!" suggested Rarity, soon they all went out the castle and into the school. They quickly saw the doors had been unlocked somehow and were swinging back and forth from the wind. Once they entered, they saw that everything had been either broken or torn apart, and at the far end of the wall was a graffiti message that read......

"EVERYPONY DIE, FRIENDSHIP IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Everyone was flabbergasted, who would cause such destruction?!

"It looks like Nathan was right, some great evil is out for vengeance." remarked Twilight.

"Well we can't just stand here and do nothing, we've got to get to Canterlot pronto, all of us!"

"We'll come too, this requires us as well." demanded Smolder.

"We've got to find Nathan and bring him back." said Zodiac.

"Nathan need to come back." insisted Yona.

"Don't worry, we will find Nathan and defeat whoever is responsible for this, if we got our magic back once, we can certainly get it back again." said Twilight.

"Now come on every creature, let's get going and see what's causing this." said Starlight and soon they were all off to Canterlot.


.....In the Royal Chambers.....

Princess Cadance and Shining Armor had too been notified of the magic failing in Equestria again, only even they couldn't tell what was causing it. Princess Luna was just as worried as them since it was failing even more rapidly than ever, and so she decided to send two guards after Celestia for escort and help gather whatever evidence that could link to any source of clue or piece that was causing it.

"I cannot believe this, it's only been three months and it's happening again?!" yelled Shining Armor.

"Shining, we still don't even know where Nathan is." Cadance reassured.

"Not even Celestia and I know why it's happening again, but that's why she left." said Luna.

"Sorry, Princess Luna, but our concern right now is our son, we haven't seen him since yesterday morning." said Shining Armor.

"Yes, I agree, even Skyla and Flurry Heart have been rather fussy about him not coming home." said Cadance.

Suddenly the doors opened up and in came the main seven, Spike, and the Student seven. They had concerned looks of their own over this sense of DeJa Vu that was happening.

"Thank you all for coming on such notice." said Luna.

"Twiley, you're all right." said Shining Armor as he hugged her.

"We're okay, but we've just ran into an even bigger problem." said Twilight saddened.

"What is it?" asked Luna, that's when Smolder walked up to show them Nathan's jacket. Cadance and Shining Armor could now sense that something was wrong.

"Whatever took your magic, it took Nathan too!" said Smolder.

Shining Armor pounded his hooves into the floor, "HOW CAN THIS BE?!"

"Where's my baby?!" asked Cadance with tears in her eyes.

"I'm afraid it's even worse!" said Celestia's voice, they all turned to see her and two guards hanging their heads.

"Princess, what's going on?!" demanded Twilight.

"We just got back with a shocking discovery, Tartarus has been demolished and sealed up." said one guard.

"And what's the worse part?!" asked Gallus.

"The Tree of Harmony.......has been destroyed!" said Celestia showing them a picture of the now powerless tree, and from the looks of it, the Elements of Harmony had been removed from it too.

"But, who did this?!" asked Twilight as she saw the picture, that when they heard evil chuckling.

"Well, well, well, the poor ponies have lost their magic once again." said an all too familiar voice in the shadows. They turned to see Cozy Glow glaring at them evilly.

"COZY GLOW!!!!!!!!!!!" they all screamed, the guards tried to subdue her, but thanks to the stolen strength Tirek gained from the Tree of Harmony, he managed to blast them aside knocking them out.

"Did you honestly believe putting me in a bird cage was going to be the end of me?!" she asked.

"Cozy Glow, you are really going to pay this time!" said Celestia, Cozy Glow and Tirek laughed.

"Ha, with the Tree of Harmony gone, you won't have any chance of defeating us this time!" said Tirek as he punched Celestia in the face and winning easily.

"SISTER NO!!!!!!" screamed Luna as she went over to her aid, this made Zodiac angry.

"NOPONY DOES THAT TO MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he screamed at Cozy Glow and then he slapped her in the face. Cozy Glow then shoved him aside and approached the mane six and student six with anger.

"Don't you all see, you all made my plan even easier, I intended for you all to put me in Tartarus and you fell for it. Now my plan to be Empress of Friendship is even more full proof ever. And this time, evil is one step ahead of you!"

"So don't get all smart on us, because we've already taken out that foolish tree, since we figured out that it was responsible for making you all win and us lose. But that ends once and for all!" said Tirek as he dropped a cage on all of them.

"Oh and if you all are wondering about Nathan, he's fine, just about to become Manticore food if you all don't give up your powerful magic. And here's something for you all on friendship, it's nothing but a lie and it will always be a lie!" Everypony gasped at this and glared angrily.

"You won't get away with this!" said Starlight.

"Oh they always say that, but we have, anyway Nathan is trapped in the Manticore pits outside in the badlands and I don't think you all will be seeing him ever again!"

"Now that you all are defeated, NOTHING WILL STOP US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!" cackled Cozy Glow. And she and Tirek left the room leaving the ones who defeated them to rot if they didn't give up their powers.

Author's Note:

Sounds like Cozy and Tirek are going for the win.