• Published 15th Dec 2018
  • 980 Views, 8 Comments

Orc’s Breath - Chemtest

  • ...
1
 8
 980

Planning

We step into the back room of the tavern, only to see a portal waiting there. Raven continues forward, “Come on, through the portal.”

We follow after him into a very bright and gold room. I look around in our new location, “What is this place?”

Raven walks up to a random wall, and starts to tap around randomly on it, “Canterlot Palace, the centeral city of our nation. We have a portal to this room installed in every public building.”

I look around some more, “Seems quite... extravagant.”

Raven pushes open the wall after a final tap, “What can I say? Our nation is a very rich one, we can afford these luxuries.”

Ghorbash slightly laughs as the wall opens, “Gotta admit, that’s impressive. A false wall, genius idea.”

I walk after Raven, into the room through the false wall, “Yeah, yeah, I prefer a good old lock any time of the day.”

Raven peeks back, “But then people will know there is a room, and lockpicks could get in.”

I nod, “That’s the point. What if I forgot which wall it was, or what the way to open it was? At least I know I can pick a lock.”

We then walk into a dark room, with a bright magical projection of a map in the center. Ghorbash looks around, “Looks like Castle Dour to me.”

I scoff, “What’s Castle Dour with no General Tullius? A Nord construction that serves no purpose, that’s what. No flags of ours hang on the walls, no guards comment on sweetrolls, there is no Hadvar to fight alongside. This is Castle Dour like the Hall of Kings is the Ashpit.”

Raven coughs politely, “If you are done scrutinizing my room, we can get down to details.”

I nod, and the three of us gather around the map, “Speak.”

He nods, “Some history first. Around nineteen years ago, an army was lead against the previous Queen, Celestia. It was headed by me and the other Lords, and given support by now Queen Luna. After a fair trial, Celestia refused to face judgement for the many crimes she’s committed. So, we had to destroy her ourselves to bring justice for her crimes.”

I grunt out, “What crimes?”

He looks up, “Genocide, Negligence, High Treson, False Imprisonment, Murder, Battery, and Abuse of Authority. She was the greatest criminal the world had ever seen, and we took her down.”

I nod, “Than what is all this with the map?”

He nods, “After we took over the nation, many split off. The Loyalists have taken many key locations in the first few years. Now, we have managed to push them back, but our progress is slow. Every technology we create seems to be secured and manufactured by them as well.”

I lean back, and sigh, “Another civil war? Why not?”

Ghorbash on the other hand, smiles, “Might not be Stormcloaks, but it’ll do.”

Raven looks between us, “If you agree to help my nation, I will use everything in my powers to find Alduin. We need your expertise, as you seem to be both very powerful warriors. Let me tell you, it’s not everyday that a being can simply shrug off being shot by turrets and guns.”

Ghorbash immediately nods, “Maybe we could also get an alliance between your nation and the Empire.”

I hesitate for a bit before nodding, “What can we do?”

He points at a point of red near the edge of the map, “On our border with the Minotaur nation is a small village of Minotaurs. It has been subjugated by the Loyalists since the beginning of the war, and it is a village rich in resources. We haven’t been able to piece that far into their territory. Those Minotaurs could prove valuable warriors, and that village will give us much needed materials. I need them to be free and battle ready. You two are to slaughter all the Loyalists within the village, and train the Minotaurs to be an elite troop of deadly warriors.”

I nod, and lean back, “So, kill enemies, train friendlies. Sounds easy, if long.”

Ghorbash smiles once more, “How do we get to this village?”

Raven draws a line in the map, “The best way would be to sneak through enemy territory. It won’t take long, but might be difficult. The best path is to take a train until you start to near Tall Tale, and sneak the rest of the way north. I will send one of my troops to assist.”

I cross my arms, “Who would that be?”

Raven takes a dart, and throws it at a chart, “Sergeant Mass Offense. Good luck, he will meet you at the train station.”

We both nod, and walk out. When we are out, I look at Ghorbash, “What is a train?”

He just shrugs, and we continue on.