• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,014 Views, 96 Comments

Our Connection - rustyluck



Not the simplist of "Brony in Equestria" stories, based on real events, changed names, but

  • ...
6
 96
 2,014

Alone in Equestria

AN: "Alone" Emotionally and physically (homewise) but as if there was a mass fallout thats deviates from the story.
Enjoy~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at Nurse Redheart, pondering her question. It wasn't even a question, really; "Alright, my next question.. It's about your parents, um.. We couldn't get in contact them, we need you to inform us on who they are." Pretty straightforward, in this world I'm like eight, right?

She spoke up again, unlike Fluttershy and Rainbow, of whom stayed silent. "Do you know where they are right now?" Think, think!

Ah-ha! "Of course! Well, what day is it?" It may seem like a subject changer, but trust me on this.

"It's Saturday, why?" Why, it's elementary my dear Redheart!

"Really?! That means my mom and dad are back from their business trip in Canterlot!" I could tell I had their interests at their peaks now.

"Business trip? Well alright, tell you what. I know you just woke up, but you should rest up a bit more and then we'll phone your parents." Rest up? If I heard correctly a little while ago, "Scootaloo! Come on Squirt It's been three days, I just know you can wake up now!" This mare is nuts.

"Okay." My next problem: what do I do when she needs to phone my parents, you know, the supposed (by me) non-existent ones?

I looked over at the clock, it read 10:30(pm); the fact Fluttershy and Rainbow stayed up to get me awake is quite- wait why would couldn't they wait until tomorrow? All these mares are nuts.

"It's great to see you awake Squirt..." Still feeling guilty Rainbow? "But I kinda have to go home now, before Tank gets too hungry... And on top of that, I have weather duty tomorrow, big storm scheduled."

"That's okay Rainbow Dash, everypony has responsibilities." She smiled at me warmly, and gave me a quick hug.

"I'll see ya later Flutters!" She trotted out the door before Fluttershy could give a response.

I was first to speak. "I guess it's just me and you Fluttershy." I smiled at her, but only received a timid squeak.

"Oh, I-I'm so sorry Scoot-" I cut her off, knowing what she'll say.

"It's fine... It really is, I-I, I'm used to being alone." She gave me a more embracing hug than Rainbow did, and slowly went her way. Tears slowly flowed down my face, this always happens.

"L-Looks like I'm alone...-" I choked and mumbled to myself. "-I'm always alone..."
--------------------------------------------------------------

An hour had past since I woke up, I didn't sleep, I just sat there, waiting for a good time to get away; It was about 11:34 (pm) a good enough time to sneak out of the hospital, I had already checked the window, I'm on the first floor and the window itself is unlocked.

I creeped out of the crisp white bed, and proceeded towards the window; For the most part I was fine, all except my front left hoof was a bit sore.

I slid the window open, and slipped outside; my hooves touched the soft grass as I looked about, going around front might be a good start in my nightly trek, mostly because there's a bit of light and a path towards Ponyville.

In the past hour I devised a plan, a simple one for the matter; I'd go to Sweet Apple Acres, towards the CMC Clubhouse to be exact, I could pick an apple or two to eat, and hide out their until tomorrow.

Okay, so there is a lot of kinks to work out, like, what do I when tomorrow rolls around? And I know what you're thinking, "But won't the hospital notice a missing filly?" They won't, because I went ahead and checked myself out before-hoof; genius!

I stopped my brain process as I strolled into town, it was silent, almost void of life. Off in the distance I could see a silhouette, moving towards me.

I picked up speed in the direction of the farm, only for the silhouette to speed up as well.

"Hey!" It sounded like a mare, I looked back as I trotted past a street lamp, under it stood a mint green unicorn, with two colored hair and a lyre cutie mark... Oh god it's her.

"Come back human! I need to know! I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR HANDS!" Oh sweet Luna help me!

I continued to get the hell out of dodge, nearing the farm; I took a moment to catch my breath now that, that... That nutbag Lyra stopped chasing me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The farm was as dark and ominous as the town, half of the trees were barren of their fruit, the only apples that were left sat on the ground, slightly brown and mushy.

"It'll have to do..." I was starved, I could eat anything at this point; I picked up the apple with my teeth and carried with me towards my destination, the clubhouse.

Darkness was all around, I tried to stay positive and not think about all my potential problems at hoof; on thing came to mind, what will I do? It's every Brony and Pegasister's dream to come to Equestria... But like this, the ponies would send me to an orphanage, and if I tried to explain what little truth I know of, it'd either cause major trouble or they'd deem me as insane.

I thought about how Fluttershy might react, something I hadn't thought about before planning my hospital escape. If I'm lucky, she might be as busy as Rainbow Dash and not visit the hospital, or maybe they'll think I had already checked out, yeah!

My thoughts shifted away as I neared the clubhouse, it was dimly lit by the casting moonlight of Luna's celestial body amongst the stars. I trotted up the steps, and peered inside one of the windows; drawings and posters were pinned upon the walls, to the left of the door there was a small table with a lamp sitting on it (I don't even though how ponies power these things... It's not normal!) besides that and a slightly unhinged floorboard, the room itself was virtually empty.

I opened the door with a small push, seeing how it had no handle or knob, and pushed it back shut again. I took another good look around, and the unhinged floorboard caught my eye; it was slightly pushed up, barely noticeable to ignorant enough colts and fillies. I went to it, and pulled it up, the damn thing wasn't even nailed down!

Under that floor board surprised me, it was like a small storage space, with a few items inside; there was a stuffed bear, a rolled up piece of paper, and what looked like a folded up red blanket. I took these few things out to examine them, I decided on the supposed blanket first.

When I unfolded the blanket, it wasn't a blanket at all; it was a cape, a CMC cape to be exact, with a small tear... Scootaloo's cape had a tear it in that episode, you know, "The Stare Master"... Hmm.

Next up was the rolled up paper, of which I unrolled... Duh. It was a picture, drawn with crayon; there was multiple ponies, each labeled with their names, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were next to their respective sisters, and one little orange pony with a purple mane was labeled me, of whom was next to a yellow pony with a pink mane, I assume I don't need to tell you it's labeled Fluttershy; with all of this, they were all smiling, and above them was the words "My Friends" it was obvious by now that these things belonged to good ol' Scoots.

With all my snooping about and such, I was starting to get really tired, on top of that, it's freezing in here! I hadn't even turned on the lamp yet, by now it would be pointless and would most likely rise suspicion to whoever's up at this un-Faustly hour. I rolled the drawing back up and put it back in it's place, the bear and cape I left out however; I then slid the board back into position, slightly popped up.

"All I can do now is sleep... I wonder what my dreams will be?" I shuddered at the coldness of the room, I grabbed the cape and wrapped it around myself, it was thin but it would do it's job.

I may be fifteen on Earth... But screw the rules, I grabbed the stuffed bear as well and went off to the back side of the roof, nestling down to rest; I snuggled the bear, my inner view of myself causing me to d'aww, and laid there.

"I wish I could be back at Fluttershy's cottage right now..." With a yawn, I slowly drifted off to sleep.