• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,007 Views, 96 Comments

Our Connection - rustyluck



Not the simplist of "Brony in Equestria" stories, based on real events, changed names, but

  • ...
6
 96
 2,007

Rustyloo

I awoke to the sweetest sound.

"H-huh?.." I'm still in Fluttershy's cottage, in her bed, then that wasn't a dream..

"That must of been Fluttershy's singing, perhaps I'll go downstairs." I failed to realize I still haven't gotten used to my new body, thus falling, onto my face, on the floor, as I left the bed.

Pain.. Yep.. Definitely NOT a dream.

"Ugh.. Okay, right hoof, left hoof.. back right hoof, back left hoof." I repeated this process and made my way to the door, luckily, it was open just a smidge, so I wouldn't have ANOTHER dilemma on my.. hooves.

And now for my next obstacle. Stairs. Take note, I am a lazy.. pony, thus, stairs are my nemesis, but now that I just learned how to walk, barely, they've been promoted to arch-nemesis.

"Right, so.. right hoof, left HO-.." *THUMP* *CRASH* Ouch. You've made your point reality, and Stairs.. You win this time. So I fell, well, only about four to five steps before I was caught in the forearms of my favorite yellow caretaker.

"SON OF A.. Fluttershy.. Hey, how ya doin'? Good mourning!" Nice save, better watch your tongue.. Rusty? But now I'm Scootaloo, but I'm Rusty on the inside.. I'll come to a consensus amongst myself and say I'm.. Rustyloo, I like that, rolls off the tongue nicely. Yeah, on Earth he's Rusty.. In Equestria she's Scootaloo, and together they're.. Rustyloo! Half human, half pegasus, all.. Something, ah whatever you get the idea.

"Were you going to finish that sentence?" *gulp* I hope she's not going all assertive-shy on me..

"N-no ma'am.." She smiled at me, oh thank Faust..

"Good, now.. *ahem* ARE YOU ALRIGHT WHAT HAPPENED?!" I cringed a little.. She's seems a little out of character, then again, you would be too if you're walking up the stairs and some.. Pony, falls in your arms, as if appearing from thin air.

"Y-yes, I'm okay.. A few bumps and bruises, I tripped going down the stairs.." Maybe my special talent is being a clutz, lemme check.. Nope, I'ma blank flank still.

"O-oh good, let's go downstairs and look at those, then we can have a little breakfast." I'm a walking disaster.

She then carried me downstairs, whilst flying of course, and when we reached the bottom step she set me down and proceeded to go into the kitchen.. Meanwhile I slowly walked over to the small dining table just outside the kitchen and propped myself up on to the nearest chair.

"I'll make you a bowl of cereal and grab some bandages for those cuts." Cuts? I looked down at my left knee, and yes there was a fresh cut, and one on my right elbow, two on my right side of my body.. And one on my forehead.

As I took notice of the small injuries, their stinging sensation set in, then I noticed I had a few bruises, which should be expected since I basically tumbled down the stairs like a ponyfied slinky.

I could feel small tears well up, as Rusty I matured, I went through puberty, I was 15 for Luna's sake.. Here in Equestria, Scootaloo did not, she's only about.. Eight? I guess so, and- "SWEET CELESTIA!"

In midst of my blabbering, Fluttershy had already but some kind of anti-bacterial medicine, I suppose, on my forehead, the deepest cut, she did this with a cotton ball, and then put a band-aid over it.

"I-I'm sorry Scootaloo, you seemed so lost in thought, I figured I might as well put on the Anti-Bacterial while you didn't notice.." That was thoughtful.. A fruitless effort, but a thoughtful one.

"No it's okay.. In truth I wish you would of warned me." Might as well be honest, that hurt like a bitch.. Well I can't be TOO honest, I'm only eight here, as f-far- Fluttershy continued on the rest of my cuts, dabbing at the blood that trickled from them as she did with a napkin, -as she knows.. Pain, so much pain..

"There! All better! Now here's some cereal, eat up, I'm going to go eat something and finish feeding all my little animal friends." I turned to look at the table and yes, now sitting in front of me was a bowl, a spoon, a bottle of milk, and a box of "Flim Flam Apple Flakes".. Great, those jackasses make cereal too.

"Well this'll be fun.." I slid the bowl closer to me with ease, then I carefully tipped the open box of cereal with my hooves on the edge of the bowl and gradually poured the flakes into the bowl.

Next was the milk.. it was open as well, no label, maybe delivered by the milkmare, oh what a lovely play-on-words. I VERY carefully grabbed the bottle from each side with my hooves, and turned it over, the milk poured right into the bowl, and then I cautiously put it right back up and down on the table.

"Fuck the spoon." I slid my bowl of "Flim Flam Apple Flakes" closer to me and place my, uh, muzzle into the bowl and chowed down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes later..

"Done!" I pushed the bowl aside, and used the seemingly unnoticed napkin under my knowingly unused spoon, to wipe my face.

"I wonder what I should do now?.. Hmm, maybe I could go talk to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle!" *heh heh* "I could totally go crusading! Or maybe I could explore Ponyville.. OR I could even, uh.. I'm out of ideas. I suppose I'll just see what Fluttershy is doing, then I can decide later." I walked all around the cottage, went through every room, then after my search for my pseudo-mother, I decided to venture outside.

"Fluttershy?" Yep, she's outside alright, having a chat with the two other member's of the CMC, I walked on over, and their faces lit up with joy.

"Howdy Scootaloo!" If you assumed this was Applebloom because of her Country Pony accent you'd be wrong you stereotypical- Nah I'm kiddin' it is Applebloom.

"Hi Scootaloo!" By process of elimination, yes, that's Sweetie Belle. Oh shit you have to respond, okay, think eight year old..

"Hi-ya Applebloom! Hey Sweetie Belle!" Bingo.

"O-oh Scootaloo, your friends are here.. As you can see."

"So Scootaloo, we been lookin' for ya! Ah thought today we could go crusading fer' our Cutie Marks! Right Sweetie Belle?"

"Yeah! Totally!" Oh that squeaky voice, it's okay though, because I really like her mane.

"Oh I uh.."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Here's where you guys come in, comment below what Rustyloo's decision should be, the answer will be what she replies to Applebloom in the next chapter you can pick from the three below, or an idea of your own

1."Sure I'll go crusading with you guys!"
2."Sorry you guys.. I have something to do today." (explore Ponyville)
3. Whatever the fuck you want, well, as long as it's appropriate and suited to the story.

Voting closes Friday, so get to it! It will be determined by numbering between 1 and 2, or the best choice by you, if not, I will choose. So gimme feedback!