• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,007 Views, 96 Comments

Our Connection - rustyluck



Not the simplist of "Brony in Equestria" stories, based on real events, changed names, but

  • ...
6
 96
 2,007

INTERLUDE: Rallying the Gang

AN: Typically speaking, this is multiple view points (mostly all 3rd person) comprised of multiple semi-short segments with different ponies... Don't worry my little readers, I'll tell you warn you who is who. <3


Fluttershy

The air was crisp, cold on the skin this Sunday morning. After feeding all her animal friends, as well as herself, Fluttershy decided it was a good a time as any to visit Scootaloo at the hospital.

"Its a good thing I brought a scarf..." She reached into her saddlebag, and pulled out the lime green neck wear, proceeding to throw it around her neck.

The walk was roughly fifteen minutes from her cottage, it's tough being a pegasus that doesn't enjoy flying; But the walk was worth it, Scootaloo needed somepony; her words still echoed throughout Fluttershy's head, "It's fine... It really is, I-I, I'm used to being alone." It worried her, "used to being alone" that's not right for a filly to say or think.

There's something about that filly that caught Fluttershy's attention, when she's not with her other crusaders that is; she's distant, not very open to feelings, like she's trying to mask her emotions.

"The poor thing gets so riled up when somepony mentions her parents too, maybe she's having trouble at home?" Fluttershy pondered this as she neared the hospital, losing track of her thoughts as she switched to the subject of what Scootaloo's room number was.

The butter-yellow pegasus trotted up to the reception desk, where a familiar white nurse-pony with a light pink mane sat.

"O-Oh, good morning Nurse Redheart..."

"Good morning Fluttershy! Here to see Scoots?" Fluttershy nodded her head, looking off to the side and going silent.

"Well go on ahead!" Fluttershy just stood there, hiding behind her mane.

"You forgot her room number again didn't you?" The timid pony nodded her head once more, her cheeks turning rosy.

"Well then, let me check her file here and-" Nurse Redheart sat with file in hoof, confused by what she was reading.

"-this says Scootaloo checked out last night around 11:00, strange... I don't remember anypony picking her up, even so I don't remember signing her out myself..." This frightened Fluttershy, (then again what didn't frighten this mare?) she had to speak up!

"M-Maybe somepony signed her out?" Nurse Redheart shook her head.

"I was on duty all last night after you and Rainbow left, shift ended after she signed out, the only possible time she could've checked out at was when I went to the restroom..." The logic confounded the two ponies, there wouldn't have been enough time for Scootaloo's parents to come in and check her out...

"Wait, Fluttershy, we never contacted her parents did we?"

"I-I don't think so... Why?"

"Because that means they wouldn't know Scootaloo was even here!" Fluttershy went wide-eyed as everything clicked into place, gears whirred in her head she solved the little mystery.

"Scootaloo must of ran away because her parents! I-I mean, perhaps she didn't want them to know about this o-or us to know about them!" Redheart nodded in agreement, Fluttershy's answer was as good as any.

"So you're saying she checked herself out falsely, and ran away? We'd better alert the authorities of her absence Fluttershy." Something else clicked in Fluttershy's head, a small detail affecting the entire ordeal: what if, Scootaloo is an orphan? That in mind, the authorities and higher power of court would send her all the way to the Trottingham Orphanage!

... No, Fluttershy knew, she knew it was time to take matters into her own hooves!

"Nurse Redheart we can't do that! I'll deal with this-" Redheart stifled a giggle and interrupted poor Flutters.

"Fluttershy you can't do that-" Fluttershy glared at her, and pressed her own nose up to Redheart's.

"You try and stop me...-" Royal Canterlot voice activate. "AND I WILL DESTROY THEE!" Nurse Redheart quivered and sunk down to the floor, nodding her head violently in agreement, and going silent.

"Great! Now then... I'll see you later Nurse Redheart!" With that, the yellow bipolar pegasus trotted out the door to rally her friends.


The plan was set, Fluttershy would gather her friends, save Rainbow Dash who's on weather duty, and bring along Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, to look for Scootaloo before nightfall, or worse... The storm.


Twilight Sparkle

It was an oddity, being called out for a random meeting with her best friends, and their respective sisters, a meeting of which was held by Fluttershy. To think that Scootaloo was missing, Twilight herself had little to no affiliation with the moderately cerise maned filly, but nonetheless, she was obligated to assist in the endeavor.

Twilight was search the library, you'd think since she lives there she would've noticed a new resident in her home, right? "Still, it was a slight error in Fluttershy's plan where as I could be searching elsewhere that's more likely for Scootaloo to be." Wait... Did you hear me?

"Why yes, you're not exactly thinking to yourself, I'm surprised nopony else has heard you though." Oh sweet Luna, Twilight Sparkle broke the 4th Wall.

"4th Wall? I've heard Pinkie rambling on about that and- Wait! Who are you?!" Screamed Twilight.

"Stop that!" Stop what?

"Tell me who you are!" I'm the narrator of this lovely fanfiction, and quite frankly, you're not letting me do my job.

"What in the hay are you talking about?! Where are you, did Rainbow Dash put you up to this?!" Twilight walked down the road towards her tree-house, grimacing as I narrated her life further.

"You know what?" What, Twilight Sparkle?

"I give up! The others can look for Scootaloo, I'm going to bed early, I'm suspecting somepony slipped me a mickey..." A mickey? Isn't that a 90's drug?

Wait, what?! Hey wait a minute, you can't just give up! This isn't how the story goes at all! Come back!

"UGH! All the ponies in this town are CRAZY!" And with that, Twilight ran into her home, completely ruining my chance of including Spike in this story, oh well, no one likes Spike anyway.


Pinkie Pie

Pinkie sprung down the path to Sugarcube Corner, thankfully, she was completely oblivious to my narrating, unlike... Twilight. Stopping in her tracks, the pink party pony stifled a giggle.

"I'm not oblivious to you, silly! I know everypony Mr. Narrator, and what they do,and where they live, and their sexual preferences-" I get the point Pinkie.

I sighed at the sad, sad realization that we're now two ponies short of a decent multi-view chapter due to their apparent wall-breaking abilities.

"Oh, I can't break walls, only boards and occasional cinder-blocks!" I face-palmed, only... I would have, except I'm just a ghostly narrator figure, of whom has no hands, or even a face for that matter.

"Palm? Those things humans have? I wish I had one!" I'm actually pretty concerned this story isn't about Scootaloo anymore... *Sniffle*

"Hey now, turn that frown upside down mister! That is if you have a frown- OH MY GOSH! Do you have a mouth?! We should make cupcakes!" Yep, this FIMFIC is doomed, well, unless whoever the author chooses to be the next segment of the interlude can't break the 4th wall. What's that? Audience, I have breaking news, the weird dimensional shit ends here, the Author states that he's bringing in Rarity next, thank Celestia that mare isn't the brightest crayon in the pencil pouch.

"Don't say that about my friend! She happens to have a VERY bright coat and mane, I'll have you know!" Faust help us.


Rarity and Sweetie Belle

Back to normal, two unicorn sisters pranced towards the Carousel Boutique to plan ahead what to do and when to do it, if incase one of said sisters found Scootaloo; Sweetie Belle would meet up with Applebloom shorty later, and search the west apple orchard and around their beloved clubhouse, then return to their respective homes before the storm hit. While they'd been doing so, Rarity would search amongst her shop, (and maybe catch up on orders).

"Now Sweetie Belle, it's important to stick close to Applebloom, if the storm starts and you get separated you could get caught in the worse of it and your mane would be ruin- I mean you could get injured!" No harm in constantly staying fabulous, to an extent at least.

With a dopey expression upon her face, Sweetie Belle merely replied with "Okay!" To which Rarity gave a warm smile to, as they entered the dress shop.

"Oh wait! I have to get something Rarity!" The squeaky filly ran up the stairs to get whatever it was that was so important, meanwhile, Rarity began her own search for Scootaloo around the shop; it was a silly command on dear Fluttershy's side, thought Rarity. Searching her own home for a runaway child, as if she wouldn't notice a new guest! Perish the thought.

Not even knowing where to start- for where could Scootaloo even hide? - Rarity went into the kitchen to make some dinner, Scootaloo could wait. These ponies really aren't reliable if you ask me.

In came Sweetie Belle, sporting her Cutie Mark Crusaders cape, she stood before Rarity, positively beaming.
"Okay Rarity I'm ready to go!" Rarity loved that her sister was so happy to help, it would be expected regardless since it was one of her best friends she- *ahem* I mean they're supposed to be looking for.

"Well Sweetie Belle, run along then so you can meet up with Applebloom." The filly vigorously nodded and ran out the front entrance shouting "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FRIEND FINDERS, YAY!"

Rarity shut the door behind her, then proceeding back to the kitchen; to be more specific, she was heading for the cider cabinet, and I mean the hard cider.

The marshmallow unicorn levitated herself a tall glass and the jug of cider, pouring a decent amount. Before chugging, she stated, "It's going to be a rough night tonight my dear friend, well, bottoms up!"

I cringed as she gulped down the whole thing, hiccuping and pouring herself another glass.

I'm just going to put it out there that Fluttershy has very unreliable friends in this story.


Fluttershy

The normally timid pegasus zipped to and fro above the Everfree Forest, desperately searching for the missing filly of whom she presumed had no home to run to.

Images of the small pegasus, alone and scared, flooded Fluttershy's thought process; she needed to calm down, and get things sorted.

"It would of been a great help to have Rainbow Dash along to look, she would've covered a lot more ground, or air rather, then me..." Exclaimed Fluttershy; with a sigh, she continued her frantic search.


Applejack and Applebloom

The two Apple family sisters walked towards their western apple orchard, wind-fallen leaves crunching beneath their hooves. Applejack broke the silence between them.

"Applebloom... You've never met Scootaloo's folks?" Applebloom shook her head in response, stating "It's a little weird now that'cha mention it."

The older of the two was puzzled; how could we have not noticed a little filly always being alone, never mentioning her family, or even inviting her friends over?

The two of them stopped relatively close to the clubhouse, where Applebloom would wait for Sweetie Belle.

"Applebloom, A-Ah need to tell ya somethin'..." She kicked her hooves against the dirt, staring at her little sister.

"Yeah sis?"

"If anything is ever wrong, and Ah mean anything, ever, you need to know that Big Macintosh, Granny Smith and Ah are always here for you, a-and even though Ma and Pa a-aren't around no more..." At this point, Applejack's eyes were welling up with tears as she tried to choke out her next words. "N-Never forget that we love you no matter what..."

Applebloom held out her forehooves, motioning Applejack for a hug. Applejack gladly accepted the gesture, holding her sister in a tight embrace, softly weeping away.


Scootaloo/Rusty

I awoke to rattling tree branches tap-tapping on the windows; looking around, I took note that I was still in the CMC Clubhouse, and not back on Earth.

Not that I wanted to return, I just... It's not like I had much going on for me anyway. I had my sisters, of whom might be a valid enough reason to return, my dad was- is -incarcerated, and my mom...-

I was interrupted by the window bursting open, letting a strong, cold wind inside my temporary home. I sprung up from my spot on the floor, Scootaloo's CMC cape falling off my small physique; with a small struggle, I managed to get them closed, hoping they'd stay that way.

I positioned myself back on the floor, pulling the cape back around myself. I was so cold... And lonely; I miss Fluttershy... I miss her caring nature and kindness she showed me, it's something I've been rarely been shown on Earth, it's why it's so hard for me to give any back.

"I wish... I-I wish I could stay here, not here but with Fluttershy, e-even if I stay here, I know they'll send me to an orphanage thinking I'm Scootaloo, I can't do that! Why do I have to come so close to finally being happy and feel... Feel loved by someone, or somepony, to just have it taken away from me?!" I broke into tears, rain slowly pitter-pattered on the roof, and I could vaguely here voices from outside... Getting closer.

The door creaked open, and in poked Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, blank stares upon their faces as watched me weep and wallow in depression.

"Scoots! We found ya!"

"Scootaloo, why are you crying?" I once again rose from my spot on the floor, running past the two fillies, out the door to the clubhouse and into the ever growing storm.


Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash flew hastily towards Sweet Apple Acres, after rustling up the storm she had received a note from Fluttershy, (of which was delivered by everyponies' favorite mailmare Derpy Hooves) stating to meet her and Applejack at the farm, it being a dire emergency.

Thousands of tragedies played through Dash's head, such as improper weather control, or Pinkie was stuck down the well... Again.

When she arrived, Applejack and Fluttershy were in front of AJ's barn, the rain falling towards the ground around them.
Fluttershy had a look of relief upon her face, speaking up as Rainbow Dash approached the other two mares.

"Oh Rainbow Dash! It's terrible, Scootaloo is missing!" Dash's face went from haste to dread in an instant, looking to Applejack for answers, of whom remained silent and solitary.

"What'd do mean she's missing?!" Fluttershy cringed, but held her head high in retort.

"Rainbow-" Just then, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle ran up to the three mares, huffing and puffing.

Applejack was first to react.

"Now calm down Applebloom, what's the matter with ya?"

"Sis! We found Scootaloo!" Fluttershy pulled Applebloom close to her, eyes wide.

"WHERE?! WHERE IS SHE?!" Applejack split them up, saying "Hold up there 'Shy, let the filly speak."

Sweetie Belle spoke up "She was at the Club house, when we found inside she was crying, and then she ran away!"

"Alright, Fluttershy, you and RD make up a plan of sorts, I'll get these girls inside." Said Applejack, leading said girls towards the Apple Family home.

"Fluttershy, I'll search over the other orchards since I'm a faster flier, okay?" Fluttershy nodded, thinking of where she should search.

"Um... I think I'll search the park, it's the only place nopony was sent to search..." Fluttershy hide behind her curtain of a mane, staring down at her hooves.

"Good idea Flutters, and don't worry... We'll find Scoots, I promise." The two friends smiled at each other, and flew separate ways as the storm intensified.


AN: Yes, I know that there are more than less left out details between segments... But there short, less than important details that I was sure you could fill in. Oh, and I feel like I left you with questions, like, what's the deal with Rusty's Mom? Well, things will be revealed next chapter, and oh man, I'm going to include some D'aww.