• Published 7th Feb 2019
  • 818 Views, 39 Comments

The Perfect Pear - The Blue EM2

  • ...
4
 39
 818

Chapter 10: Canterlot, 1994 (Grand Pear)

“HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!”



The voice echoed through the building, and everyone looked back in shock. Standing in the archway under the tower was Mrs Smith, and she stormed forward up the aisle, shaking her fist angrily.

“What in tarnation is the meanin’ of this, boy?” she hissed at her son. “Runnin’ off in the middle o’night, meetin’ secretly in the middle o’the night with this bunch of sour pears, and now Ah find ya and Pear in this fancy attire and all these candles? What is the meanin’ of this?”

Mac faced her down calmly. “Ma,” he said with determination, “Pear and Ah are in love.”

“Ah can see that, but that don’t change the fact Ah never gave her permission ta marry ya,” Mrs Smith replied.

“Nor would they need it,” Grand Pear observed, walking over to Mrs Smith. “This is California, not West Virginia.” He signalled the deacon.

“Oh!” he added. “And I hereby pronounce them husband and wife.”



There was a moment of shocked silence. Then Mrs Smith spoke up again. “Yer turnin’ on yer own, Mac,” she said. “Apples should stick with Apples.”

“You weren’t an Apple originally,” Grand Pear observed. “That may explain why yer so rotten. Yer lettin’ yer prejudice get in the way of their lawful union.”

“Well, all Pears are sour!” Mrs Smith retaliated. “Now come on Mac, back to Cass and we can forget this nonsense ever happened.”

“Are ya makin’ me choose between bein’ a Pear and an Apple?”

There was another pause. “Yes. Yes Ah am, and you WILL make the right decision.”



Mac grimaced. “Very well. Ah will make the right decision. Ah hereby renounce my ties to the Apple family.”

Mrs Smith stood stunned. “Very well!” she replied. “Ah disavow ya!” And she walked away, with tears in her eyes.

Grand shook his head. “Well, Ah’m glad that nonsense is dealt with. Shall we continue?”

Author's Note:

This is loosely based on the episode version of events, but I decided to turn them on their head.