• Published 7th Dec 2018
  • 454 Views, 23 Comments

Season of Longing - PudgyAndPink



Following the life of a pudgy pink earth pony, Delilah May. She comes into contact with many colorful ponies on her journey to open her very own flower shop. Will the purple pegasi stallion play a larger role in her life?

  • ...
0
 23
 454

Star Dust

Delilah had no idea how she got into her current situation. Not the whole ‘being in Oatley Burg’ situation. But how she found herself being the awkward third wheel between Mint Chocolate and her coltfriend, Star Dust. He was the strangest pegasus that she had ever seen. Sure he was about as average as one could think of a pegasus who worked out, though not to the extent of the bodybuilder types. Even his personality made her think of him as an overexcited sibling than as a stallion not related to her. Even the puppy eyes he made when he pleaded for her to join Mint and him on their excursion gave the aura of a child in her mind rather than a strange pegasus.

She was powerless against that look… And now Mint knew it. Delilah got a feeling her new boss was not all she seemed. By the neutral expressions and the subtle movements.

Delilah was chewing her lip as she followed the pair into the event. It was being held at Blue Horseshoe Park. Banners and stands lined the once open path she had walked almost a week prior. Delilah blinked looking around as she fell behind her boss and her boss’s coltfriend. She saw vendors selling shirts with band names or various other music-related slogans. In another section, ponies were selling pastries and other types of snacks before the concert was to start. She felt awkward being around the two as a third wheel. She looked up ahead seeing the two were having a good time. Maybe she should just…

No. No, no she had to stick this out. It would be rude to just up and disappear on them. They had also been the ones to invite her, what friend would abandon her friends after they had already paid to let her in on an exclusive event? What was there for her to do though? She liked music, true, but was her taste in music really something that would fit in here? To be honest she wasn’t sure?

Delilah flattened her ears following the pair to a stand where they were passing out Oatly Burg brand Ale. Star Dust seemed eager and got one for each of them. Delilah opened her mouth to protest only to have the mug shoved in her hoof with a happy smile from Star Dust. He was just happy to include her. She didn’t have the heart to tell him she was a lightweight…

Delilah looked to Mint who was giving her an approving, albeit subtle, smile. The violet-pink aura lifting Mint’s cup then tipped the mug toward Delilah in a silent offer. A signal to start this off. A gesture of fun times ahead. A quick flicker of her eyes and she noted Star Dust was offering the same motion. Offering her a sort of friendship along this trip. Wow...was she really friends with three ponies now? Well...two she was still a bit nervous around Sweet Gold. After the whole Crisp Apple situation she was treading carefully. The pudgy mare gave only a quiet thanks and clinked her glass to Mint’s mug then Star Dust’s.

Drinking the ale was the hard part. It burned on her tongue and tingled the back of her throat.. Her nose crinkled as she swallowed the first sip. As soon as it was down she felt warmth smack her right across her face. But that was for a completely different reason. Standing across the way talking to another pegasus. Was the purple stallion she had seen at the cafe earlier that day. He was smiling slightly as he talked to the couple of stallions that were dressed in band memorabilia.

She was close to fainting just by sight alone, then she noticed that he had paused in his conversation and had an eye on her. Just like at the store though, he let his wings extend as if he were stretching and trying to get comfortable. Once again she blacked out and awoke with Mint standing over her gently patting her cheek.

“Do we need to take you to a hospital?” The chocolate mare asked. Delilah blushed shakily getting to her hooves and rubbing her head. She glanced around not seeing the handsome stallion in she crowd. Was that...just a hallucination?

“No no…” she replied looking at the spilled mug on the ground “I’ll be fine...I’ll just stay away from the drinks”

The chocolate unicorn gave her a subtle look of concern as they went about the concert. The trio found the stage sitting toward the back as it seemed others had gotten there early. Delilah squeezed herself between a unicorn stranger and Star Dust. She smiled a bit as the buff pegasus started to explain the band they were seeing tonight. It was nice he was trying to include her despite only meeting her a few hours ago. Delilah listened to Stardust intently until a purple shape caught her eye. Turning her head she felt her heart stop.

It was Oregano Season. He was flying up to the cloud seating with another pegasus stallion. Her eyes instantly went to his large wings. They moved so beautifully…

No! Nope! Don’t faint! Delilah shook her head patting her chubby cheeks. She blinked looking at the ground a moment wondering if she was going insane. This was the second time she saw him. Was he really here or was she just that lonely? Delilah swallowed daring herself to look in that direction again. Her blue eyes scanned the cloud seating behind them.

Huh. Must be she was just seeing-

Delilah froze as her eyes locked with the emerald green of the purple stallion. Heat washed over her cheeks as her whole body started to tremble. For a moment Delilah couldn’t hear the murmur of the crowd. She couldn’t hear Star Dust’s chatter. She was only focused on the green eyes of Oregano Season.

The stallion had a slight smirk on his face as he looked down at her from his seat. The stallion broke their long stare to look up at the stage. As he did so he stretched his large wings…

Not again…