• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,897 Views, 41 Comments

Changing Opinions - keenan



Twilight Sparkle on a walk one day discovers a changeling trying to feed off her.

  • ...
21
 41
 2,897

Balancing a diamond on a blade of grass.

Twilight ushers the changeling into the cage, shutting the door behind him. “There now time to get studying.” She says as a cloud of purple wraps around the tip of the changeling’s wing, and rips off a small bit.
“Hey!”
“Shhh, hush.” Twilight floats the bit of wing over to the steal table and drops it into a glass beaker. To which she then proceeds to lightly drop chemicals from the wall into the beaker.
“What are you doing?”
“Seeing how it reacts with certain elements to see what element it’s made out of. Also known as science!” she gives a chuckle and smiles as the chemicals dissolve the wing inside the beaker. A murderous glare in her eyes.
“Twilight are you okay?” number 50829381 asks.
“Perfectly okay, why wouldn’t I be? Hey, you know what’s not okay, using ponies in evil plots.” Twilights head jerks to the side. Fraying her hair.
“But, it wasn’t evil.” the changeling mumbles.
“Not evil? You where toying with a ponies emotions, now how is that not evil?” she walks over to the cage and sticks her head right up to the bars staring down at the changeling.
“Well...” he looks around the cage. Am i evil? He just wanted the mare to love him, and there wasn’t any way for that to happen on her free will....going against free will...huh, I am evil. He turns to stare at the floor. “I’m sorry. It’s just...” Water wells up in his eyes.
“Just what? It’s just fun to mess with my mind? What are you plotting this time?”
The changeling looks twilight in the eye. Tears pouring down its face. “I’m not plotting anything! I wanted to get you to love me. Not for reasons like food or that, but because I love you! And I thought that because of the obvious race difference you could never love me so I resorted to a potion. I’m sorry. I truly am. I never wanted things to turn out with me being locked in a cage for three days, and you being in emotional distress. I’m sorry.” tears running down his cheeks as he yells the secrets of his heart at Twilight.
Twilight stares at him. Her eyes locked in his. “You love me?”
The changeling nods.
“How? Why? What?”
“You took me in when I was at the brink of starvation. You showed me kindness much more than I had ever known in the hive.” number 50829381 says.
“But you said you were doing the potion for the hive.”
“That was a lie, so I could avoid telling you how I felt. A lie that now I regret.”
Twilight shakes her head. She uses her magic to straighten her mane. She gives a nervous chuckle “Well that’s a good thing.”
“Why?” the changeling asks with a look of pure confusion on his face.
Twilight leans in closer to the changeling and in his confused state takes the opportunity to rub her check to his. “Because I love you too.”
Number 50829381 jumps back a bit. “Really?”
Twilight gives him a friendly smile and nods.
“C’mon, let’s get you out of this cage.” Twilight usher him out of the cage. “Well that was a convenient waste of a cage.” she mumbles to herself.
“What now” asks the changeling.
“Now we, I guess we...umm” Twilight gives a confused look, she had never been in love before.
“What do normal pony couples do?”
“Go on dates I guess. Actually, I think I have a book on it upstairs. Come upstairs with me we can look for It.” she leads him up the stairs.
She opens the basement door. “Spikes out for today helping Rarity collect gems, so we should have the house all to ourselves.”
The changeling walks up the stairs and gapes at the books. “Wow, so many books.”
“Oh, it’s nothing like the libraries of Canterlaught, hundreds of books spanning walls after walls.” they continue with casual conversation.
Until a knock comes to the door. They both stop and stare as a light blue aura. The changeling jumps to the basement door his hooves suddenly dripping with sweat. The metal door knob slipping in between his hoofs.

The door opens. Rarity, spike and a cart of gems walk through the door. Rarity holds her head high and gives a greeting to Twilight. She then turns her head to look at the source of the ruckus, Hmm, that lovely changeling is hurriedly seeking entrance into Twilight’s basement. How nice. Rarity gives the changeling a smile. Then quickly relises that what she sees is a changeling. She shoots a diamond gem out of the cart and at the changelings head.
He ducks.
She leaps at him pulling the diamond out of the wall and aiming it at him. Twilight runs in between them.
“Stop this!” Twilight yells.
“Stand back Twilight there’s a changeling in your house.” Rarity says.
“I know”
“You know?”
“Yes, I know there’s a changeling in my house. He’s my guest and my...” she lets the sentence trail off. She points her head at the changeling; he mouths the words ‘stallion friend.’
Twilight turns her head back towards Rarity. “Give me a moment.” she asks. Before she walks over to number 50829381 “Should I tell her.” Twilight asks in hushed whispers.
“Of course, why not?”
“No telling how she’ll react.”
“Eh, go for it anyways.”

Twilight shrugs and bites her lip nervously. she walks abck over to rarity. “He’s my stallion friend.” she says.
Rarity holds her hoof to her forehead and gives a gasp she gently falls to the floor in an exaggerated faint.