• Published 22nd Dec 2018
  • 766 Views, 6 Comments

The Dazzlings 12 Days of Christmas - Zenyattaluver677



It's that time of year again, and Aria has promised to make it extra special for Sonata.

  • ...
 6
 766

Ninth Day - Making a Gingerbread House:

“Aria, Sonata. Come on, let’s start the gingerbread house before I change my mind.” Adagio called to her younger sisters from the kitchen as she finished setting everything up they needed to make the gingerbread house.

Aria and Sonata appeared in the kitchen a couple minutes and walked over to the table and sat down in their usual spots, joining Adagio, who was already sitting at the table, currently looking at something on her phone.

“Ok, we’re ready Adagio.” Aria flatly said when Adagio didn’t set her phone down when she and Sonata sat down at the table.

“Oh, there you are. I thought you’d still be a while coming downstairs.” Adagio flatly replied, setting her phone down on the table after turning off.

“Why would you think that? I’m excited for this.” Sonata asked, saying she was excited about making the gingerbread house.

“Well good for you then. I thought that because you two have been upstairs doing your own things since ten o’clock this morning.” Adagio flatly retaliated, staring at Sonata, who looked away from her.

“Adagio! Watch it. We were upstairs wrapping presents.” Aria defensively said, explaining what she and Sonata’d been doing upstairs. She then turned to comfort Sonata.

“Whatever. Anyways, let’s start this.” Adagio replied, grabbing the instructions for the gingerbread house and looking at them briefly before Sonata tried to reach across the table and grab them.

“Hey! Wait your turn young lady!” Adagio spat, pulling the instructions away from Sonata’s reach.

“But I want to see them!” Sonata exclaimed loudly, still leaning over the table.

“Sonata, you’ll get to see them. Just let Adagio look first please.” Aria softly explained, getting Sonata’s attention.

“Ok.” Sonata replied, sitting back down in her chair.

Once Adagio finished reading the instructions, she handed them to Sonata so Sonata could read them and once Sonata finished reading them, they began to build the walls of the gingerbread house. Following the instructions as they did.

*30 MINUTES LATER*

“Ok there. Now we have to let it sit for about two to three hours before we can decorate it.” Aria explained after they got the roof on the top of the gingerbread house.

“Alright, I’m going to go downstairs and play with my toys for a while then.” Sonata said, getting up and then leaving the kitchen after Aria nodded.

“What was that about earlier Adagio?” Aria asked once Sonata’d left the room.

“What?” Adagio asked, confused as what Aria meant.

“When you got mad at Sonata for saying she was excited. There was no need for that.” Aria explained, crossing her arms and leaning against the wall beside the doorway that led to the hallway.

“Well I knew she was excited and she didn’t need to say it. I just wanted to get this done because once it’s done I need to start supper.” Adagio flatly explained, grabbing her phone off the table as she stood up.

“You didn’t need to yell at her either.” Aria flatly stated.

“Whatever.” Adagio said before turning and beginning to walk towards the doorway that led to the living room.

Aria rolled her eyes at Adagio and her attitude and then turned and left the kitchen to go back upstairs and continue wrapping presents, she could wrap some of Sonata’s now because Sonata wasn’t in her room with her. They’d both been wrapping their presents for Adagio earlier before they’d started the gingerbread house.

*2 HOURS LATER*

“Ok. Aria, Sonata, we can start decorating the gingerbread house now.” Adagio called to her sisters as she got some candies and the icing they were using to put them onto the gingerbread house.

Almost as soon as she’d said that, she heard footsteps running down the hall and then enter the kitchen and stop, she looked up and saw Sonata coming through the doorway and sitting back down in her normal spot at the table. Aria came in a couple minutes later and sat down in her spot at the table, her and Sonata smiling at each other once she sat down at the table.

“Ok. What do we want to put on the gingerbread house?” Adagio asked her sisters, showing them all the candies they had to put on the gingerbread house.

“Let’s put those things on it.” Sonata said, pointing to the candy canes that were on the table.

“What else?” Adagio asked after setting the candy canes aside.

“How about some gumdrops and peppermints.” Aria said, pushing the two bowls towards Adagio.

“Ok, I think that’s enough.” Adagio replied, moving all the other bowls of candy to the side so they could decorate the gingerbread house.

“Yay!” Sonata excitedly exclaimed before they began to decorate the gingerbread house.

*45 MINUTES LATER*

“Alright, we’re done.” Adagio said once they’d put the last candy on the gingerbread house.

“It looks pretty.” Sonata said, looking at the now completely finished gingerbread house.

“It does.” Aria replied, looking over and smiling at Sonata.

“Ok. I’m going to put this over on the counter and start supper. I suppose you two are going to go back to what you were doing before.” Adagio explained as she carefully grabbed the gingerbread house and walked over to the counter to set it down.

“Yeah, we certainly are.” Aria replied, both her and Sonata getting up from their chairs to go do what they’d each been doing before.

Author's Note:

The ninth chapter is a wrap. Only three left to, what activities will endure? Please keep reading to find out. I have some fun things in the next three chapters that I hope you will all enjoy. I hope you're still enjoying the story and are in for more Christmas activities from The Dazzlings, I know I certainly am.