• Published 22nd Dec 2018
  • 766 Views, 6 Comments

The Dazzlings 12 Days of Christmas - Zenyattaluver677



It's that time of year again, and Aria has promised to make it extra special for Sonata.

  • ...
 6
 766

Eighth Day - Horse Sleigh Ride:

“Alright, we’re here.” Aria said as she parked her truck in the parking lot of a farm that was located half an hour from their house and her and her sisters got out of her truck.

“What are we going to do here Ari?” Sonata asked, looking around the place, confused why they were there.

“You’ll see, and you’ll love it to.” Aria explained softly, locking her truck and then walking around to stand with her sisters.

The week before, Aria’d booked a sleigh ride at the farm, since the farm gave sleigh rides in the winter time. She’d booked it because they’d never done something like it before and Sonata really, really liked horses, so Aria knew it would be something she would enjoy because horses were involved. Once the three of them were ready, they all walked towards where they were to meet the owner of the farm for the sleigh ride, the owner probably already had everything ready for the sleigh ride, as they’re sleigh ride was scheduled to start at 6:15, and it was currently 6:10.

“What do you see Sonata?” Aria softly asked her younger sister when the sleigh with the two horses hooked to the front of it came into view.

“Horseys!” Sonata excitedly answered, pointing to the two horses hooked to the sleigh, the owner of the farm was waiting next to them and the sleigh.

“Gosh Aria, you really know how to make her happy don’t you.” Adagio said from the other side of Aria.

“Of course I do.” Aria replied, looking over at Adagio and then back at Sonata.

“Hey girls.” the owner of the farm said once they reached him.

“Hi.” Adagio and Aria said in unison, Sonata just turned to Aria and gestured that she wanted up, since she was shy around people she didn’t know.

“C-Can I pet the horseys?” Sonata quietly asked once Aria’d picked her up.

“Sure.” the owner answered, giving Sonata permission to pet the horses.

“What are their names?” Sonata quietly asked again once she’d petted both horses.

“The black one is Xavier and the brown one is Lincoln.” the owner answered, pointing to each horse as he did.

“They’re pretty.” Sonata replied, looking at the two horses again.

“Alright, are you three ready?” the owner asked, he was ready to start when the girls were.

“We sure are.” Aria answered, they walked to the back of the sleigh so they could get in, the sleigh was really just a hay wagon.

“Ok. Everyone in and then we’ll get going.” the owner explained as he climbed up to the driver’s seat.

The girls got in and sat down in the hay wagon, once they were situated, the owner of the horses asked Xavier and Lincoln to walk forward and the sleigh ride began. Sonata looked at various things on the gentleman’s farm as they passed them, pointing out certain things to Aria, which made Aria happy because Sonata was obviously enjoying herself.

“Dagi isn’t this fun?” Sonata asked Adagio, turning to look at her, Adagio was sitting on the other side of Adagio.

“Yeah, it is.” Adagio answered, looking over at Sonata.

“I know Sonata’s favorite part about this whole thing.” Aria playfully said, shooting her younger sister a smile as she looked over at her.

“The horseys.” Sonata replied, looking back at the two horses, watching them pull the hay wagon.

“Yeah.” Aria said, following Sonata’s gaze and also watching the horses.

The three of them continued to watch the landscape go by them as the sleigh ride continued, Sonata giggling and pointing to certain things that she saw that interested her. When they passed a small pasture with other horses in it, she pointed to them and showed Aria, and tried to show Adagio, but Adagio either didn’t hear her or had just ignored her. It was fine though, because Aria got Adagio’s attention by elbowing her ribs and gesturing to the horses in the field that Sonata’d tried to show her.

“I love you Ari.” Sonata whispered into Aria’s ear after turning back to look at her.

“I love you to Sonata.” Aria whispered back, softly kissing her younger sister’s forehead.

Sonata smiled and gently wrapped her arms around Aria’s waist to hug her older sister, Aria gently returned the hug and they hugged each other for about a minute before Sonata pushed away, since she’d grown uncomfortable with the small space the hug created. Once they were done hugging, Sonata looked past Aria at Adagio, who was looking out the other side of the hay wagon, not paying attention to the two of them.

“I don’t think Dagi likes it.” Sonata quietly said to Aria, pointing to their oldest sister.

“She does like it Sonata, she just doesn’t like being outside when it’s cold.” Aria softly explained after looking at Adagio.

“You sure?” Sonata asked, looking up at her older sister with questioning eyes.

“I can ask her if you want, but I’m fairly certain that she likes it.” Aria softly answered, gently brushing a strand of hair out of Sonata’s eyes.

“Please.” Sonata replied, wanting Aria to ask Adagio if she liked the hay wagon ride.

Aria nodded and then turned to face Adagio to talk to her, she gently got her attention by tapping her shoulder.

“Adagio.” Aria said after tapping her shoulder.

“What?” Adagio flatly asked, turning to look at Adagio.

“Sonata wants to know if you like this, she thinks you don’t because of the way you’re acting.” Aria explained, gesturing to Sonata who was watching the horses again while they talked.

“Aria, I already told her I liked it and that this was fun. If she’s not going to understand that then I’m not going to explain it to her again.” Adagio flatly replied, readjusting the scarf on her neck as she did.

“That’s the thing Adagio. You told her you liked it and that this was fun but you’re not showing or acting like you do. That’s why she’s confused.” Aria explained again, growing annoyed with Adagio’s attitude towards Sonata.

“Whatever.” Adagio said before turning back to looking where she had been before, indicating Aria wasn’t going to get anymore of an answer from her.

“What’d she say?” Sonata asked when Aria turned back to her.

“She said she liked it, but, don’t get upset that she’s not acting like she is, it’s just the way she is, you know that.” Aria softly answered, leaning against the side of the wagon.

“You like it though right?” Sonata asked, wanting to make sure Aria liked it and would show it.

“Of course I do. This is really fun and relaxing.” Aria answered, hugging Sonata gently again once Sonata allowed her to.

*10 MINUTES LATER*

“Alright, thanks for coming girls. I hope you had fun.” the owner said as the three of them got out of the wagon once the sleigh ride was over.

“We sure did. Thanks for having us.” Aria replied as she gently lifted Sonata from the wagon and held her in her right arm while she talked to the owner.

“Bye girls. Merry Christmas.” the owner said once the girls began to walk away.

“Bye.” Adagio and Aria said together as they walked back towards Aria’s truck to get in and head home.

“That was fun.” Sonata said happily, playing with a strand of hair from Aria’s right pigtail.

“It sure was. Right Adagio?” Aria said, turning to Adagio and asking if she’d had fun, just to see what she’d say.

“Yeah it was. I said I liked it three times already.” Adagio replied before walking ahead of her sisters.

“Just ignore her Sonata. You and I had fun and that’s all that matters.” Aria explained to Sonata when Sonata watched Adagio leave with a hurt expression on her face.

“Ok Ari.” Sonata replied, turning and resting her head on Aria’s right shoulder while Aria walked towards her truck.

Author's Note:

That's a wrap on this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed reading this one and are still enjoying reading the story. Only four chapters left to go so I hope you'll continue reading until the end of the story. I'm enjoying writing this story, please let me know what other stories you would like me to write, and the theme of the stories, I'd be open to trying something different and away from my current theme.