• Published 22nd Dec 2018
  • 766 Views, 6 Comments

The Dazzlings 12 Days of Christmas - Zenyattaluver677



It's that time of year again, and Aria has promised to make it extra special for Sonata.

  • ...
 6
 766

Fifth Day - Game Night:

“Ari.” Sonata said as she walked into the kitchen through the doorway that separated the living room and kitchen.

“What?” Aria asked, turning to look at Sonata while her and Adagio set up things for that night’s Christmas activity, which was basically just a game night, they were going to be playing a couple board games.

“Can we start yet?” Sonata asked, walking over to her older sister, “I’m bored.” she added when she reached Aria.

“Yeah we can start now. Right Adagio?” Aria answered, looking to Adagio to make sure they had everything.

“Yep, everything’s ready.” Adagio replied as she sat down in her usual spot, the chair at the head of the table that was closer to the counter.

“Yay!” Sonata excitedly said as her and Aria walked around and sat down at their usual spots at the kitchen table, with Aria sitting between her sisters.

“Here, read this, it basically just sums up how to play for you in a simpler way, I wrote it down for you earlier.” Aria explained, handing Sonata her phone which currently had notes on it.

“Ok.” Sonata replied before quietly beginning to read how to play the game and the rules of the game.

While Sonata read the rules and how to play the game, Aria and Adagio set up the board and placed everything where it was supposed to go on the board, they put each of the eight red top secrel tiles face down in each room and then the eight booby trap tiles face down on top of reach top secret tile. Aria shuffled the tool cards while Adagio put the little dog and guard game tokens in their respected places on the board and then got out three agent game tokens, the purple, blue and orange agents.

“This sounds easy.” Sonata said after she finished reading, handing Aria’s phone back to her older sister.

“It is, it’s really fun to.” Aria replied as she finished shuffling the cards and passed four out to each of them, giving herself the robot card, as she figured she’d be going last as Sonata would most likely want the blue agent game token, and the one with the blue went first.

“Here, give her the blue one, since you usually use the purple one and I use the orange one.” Adagio said, giving Aria the blue and purple agent game tokens.

“Ok.” Aria flatly replied as she took the agent game tokens and handed the blue one to Sonata.

Once everything was ready and they all had their cards in front of them, Adagio started the timer for twenty two minutes and they began to play the game.

*22 MINUTES LATER*

“Yay! We did it.” Sonata said when they stopped the timer on the game before it went off.

“We sure did.” Aria replied, looking over and smiling at her younger sister.

“That was fun.” Adagio said, collecting everything so she could put it back in the box.

While Adagio put the game away, Aria entertained Sonata with something on her phone, something that caused Sonata to giggle. Adagio wanted to see what they were looking at but knew Aria didn’t let Adagio look on her phone, so she wouldn’t bother asking, since she knew the answer would be no. Once she had Break The Safe put away in its box, she grabbed the deck of playing cards they’d pulled out and opened the box and took the cards out of the box and then took the jokers out of the deck.

“Ooh. What are we playing now?” Sonata asked when she noticed the cards in Adagio’s hands as Adagio shuffled them.

“Go Fish.” Adagio answered without looking up, as she was distracted with shuffling the cards.

“You know how to play this game right Sonata?” Aria softly asked, turning her phone off and setting it beside her on the table.

“Um, no. If I do then I don’t remember how.” Sonata answered, looking at her older sister with a confused look on her face.

“Ok, so it’s a really easy card game. All you do is set down any matching pairs you have on the table and ask someone else for a number on a card or a card that you have that you think they have so you can make a matching pair. The person with the most matches at the end wins.” Aria slowly explained so Sonata would be able to understand.

“Wait, matching pairs? Is that the numbers, the shapes or the colors?” Sonata asked, still slightly confused on what she had to match.

“Just numbers.” Aria answered as Adagio dealt out seven cards to each of them and then set the deck in the middle of the table so they could reach it.

“Oh ok, that’s easy.” Sonata replied as she and her sisters picked up their cards and set out any matching pairs they had.

*15 MINUTES LATER*

“Alright, count your pairs you two, we’ll see who wins.” Adagio said as she began to count up the pairs of matches she had. Her sisters began to do the same.

“Alright, I’ve got seventeen.” Aria said after she finished counting.

“Eighteen.” Adagio replied before they both looked to Sonata to see how many pairs she had, seeing she was having trouble keeping track of which ones she’d counted and which ones she hadn’t counted.

“Here, let me help you.” Aria softly said, reaching to help Sonata count her card pairs.

“Ok, can you hold the ones I’ve already counted?” Sonata asked, looking up at Aria, realising she was taking forever to count.

“Sure.” Aria answered, helping Sonata count her cards.

“How many do you have Sonata?” Adagio asked Sonata once she finished counting her cards.

“Seventeen.” Sonata answered.

“Alright, that means Adagio wins.” Aria said as she handed Adagio hers and Sonata’s pile of cards so she could put them back in the box with the rest of the cards.

“Well, that was fun.” Adagio said as she put the cards back in their box.

“Yeah. Can’t wait for what we’re doing tomorrow.” Aria replied as she and Sonata got up from the table.

Aria and Sonata disappeared into the living room to relax on the couch until supper time and Adagio put the board game and card deck away before she went to look for something to make for supper.

Author's Note:

Here's this chapter, I really hope you enjoyed it. I wanted to make a chapter about them enjoying some games with one another so I decided to do it with this one. More chapters to come so please stay tuned.