• Published 25th Nov 2018
  • 3,414 Views, 175 Comments

Prom Protector - Natedogg2006



Prom is meant to be the best night in a young highschoolers life. For Fluttershy it's a nightmare only Rainbow Dash can save her from.

  • ...
3
 175
 3,414

Monday:... Are Meant to be Broken

'Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshhohmygoshohmygosh.'

Had she just heard that right. There was no way she just heard that right. She was having trouble not losing it when Dash had touched her arm. There was no way she just heard that and she hadn't died from the excitement.

"Shy?"

"Huh?" Fluttershy brought her focus back to the girl who was already making this day too amazing to believe.

"I said, did you have any ideas? For making this work?"

'Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshhohmygoshohmygosh.' She really did just say that. It was taking all Fluttershy had not to totally freak out at this moment. She had already decided she was going to try to enjoy pretending to be Rainbow Dash's girlfriend as much as possible, now she was getting even more chances to truly make it her dream come true. Rainbow Dash was giving her a chance to suggest more couple things they could do.

'Calm down Fluttershy, if you show it right now she'll know.'

' But I get to try all the things I've always wanted to do with Dashie, this is the greatest thing ever!!!!!'

'Not all of them. One or two more, tops. This is just for show. All those ones that are meant to be done in private anyway are definitely out of the question.'

Fluttershy internally sighed. She had stalled a little while attempting to get herself under control, but Rainbow Dash was used to that from her by now. She had to be slow and quiet with her next words to not betray the excitement she was feeling.

"Umm... Well, if we need to pretend we're together, then I... I think we should probably sit together."

"We already do that Shy...shy."

That made Fluttershy blush just a little as she continued. "But, umm. Like closer. Like I, I could maybe... Lean my head into your shoulder when we're, you know, sitting together. I.. I think we're at least close to the right heights so that it at least won't be uncomfortable." Fluttershy knew that was true. She had eyed the position many times, dreaming of the day she could rest her head in that spot.

Fluttershy got nervous as she noticed Rainbow seemed to be considering the idea. "Yeah, that'd probably be fine." Fluttershy silently let out a breath she'd been holding. But she felt like she wanted one more, one more really special one.

"And umm... Maybe, sometimes, if you want. You could, umm....,....pat me on the head." She held her breath again. That definitely sounded like she was suggesting it because she wanted it, at least to her ears.

Rainbow Dash just laughed. "Is that something else from your manga comics Shyshy?"

It, in fact, was. But it was also one of the many fantasies she'd held onto for years. But of course she couldn't say that. Instead she just puffed her cheeks out in a pout at Rainbow once again pronouncing it wrong.

The breath she had taken by that point suddenly caught in her throat as she saw Rainbows hand raise. It came up just above her before lowering and lightly tapping her on the head three times before coming to a rest there. She could feel the tantalizing digits work into her hair just a little bit as Rainbow leaned forward to look Fluttershy in the eye.

"There, does that make up for making fun of it?"

'Don't do it!!!!'

'But!!!! But!!!! But!!!?'

She was so close. This felt so right. Fluttershy felt there was no way she could resist at that moment. She was gonna lose it. She was gonna.....

"Bbbbbrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnngggggggg!!!!!!!"

The bell broke the moment hard.

Rainbow pulled away and let out a snort of laughter. "No dice huh? Oh well, see you at lunch Shyshy."

And with that Rainbow trotted off, leaving Fluttershy standing stunned in the hall. It took her a minute to realize just what Dash had meant. In that stunned moment her fake pout had apparently become frozen on her face. It only relented when the rest of her body finally unfroze and suddenly went to jelly as she slumped against her locker, breathing hard and smiling uncontrollably.

Fluttershy knew that the more she allowed herself to enjoy this that it was only going to make ending it all the harder. She knew this fantasy was never going to happen for real, and pretending it would would just leave her disappointed. And she knew that every time she let herself go it risked Rainbow finding out, and she had no idea how bad that could turn out.

But at that moment she didn't care. She knew that this was the closest she was ever going to get, so she was going to enjoy it as much as she could while she could.

She was late to class. She was unable to leave the spot as she stood there hugging herself, waiting for the tingling in her body to settle down.