• Published 14th Nov 2018
  • 655 Views, 80 Comments

Scavenge for the Future - Evilhumour



Thousands of years after Spliced Genome vanished from public view, a trio of junk scavengers find themselves caught in the middle of a plot to conquer the galaxy.

  • ...
3
 80
 655

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Vector Gaze was doing his best not to lose his temper as he and his team made their way through the Oricho system but it was not easy. They’d had to waste so much time putting out Ray’s fires in those damn desert and library worlds, and soothing all those damn survivors’ concerns. It was good for the boss to make more direct moves while the galaxy was still unaware of them but Ray still put them all in danger of being discovered too soon.

He could still recall how furious Clear Vision was when his assistant had come in and told Clear that Ray stole that ship and those guns to go after Goods Runner for betraying them. Of anyone in the Final Order, Ray would be the last pony chosen for such a delicate mission and now Vector was stuck doing clean up duty for his messes.

His ear twitched as one of his crewmen reported that they’d finally traced the signal in Ray’s stolen disintegrator to the main asteroid. Simple enough to order a dropship of his best soldiers to aim for the hanger. With any luck, Vector would be able to kill Ray quietly and find those kids in their ship the Excelsior and peacefully retrieve the stolen information from their grateful hooves.

If not... one more burned world could be blamed on Ray.

After all, dead stallions tell no tales.